Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ A Writer's Love Story ❯ Phase 1 - For You ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Phase 1
“Good morning guys!” It has been always like this. I wake them up every 5 AM in the morning, sometimes 8 AM whenever their classes start early or not. Anyways, I always wake up at 3 AM to fix everything up for them. Why do I do this? It’s because I want to do something for them. It’s just that. Anyways, I already made breakfast for them.
I just rushed into their respective bedrooms and woke them up for breakfast. “I made bacon and eggs for breakfast. Now, wake up sleepy-heads! It’s morning.” They made a stead-fast rush to the dining room. While they make their way to their meal, I fix up their beddings and their things to bring to school. It has always been like this… every morning since I entered college with them.
I fixed them up a nice and warm bath after they finished eating. While those 5 housemates make their way to a squeaky-clean body, I washed the dishes.
But, this day seems different from the previous days with them. During those 7 months staying with them, I found my reason for doing this… it was… care.
One morning, one of them went sick, and so I advised him to stay in bed. I, too, stayed at home to take care of him. His fever was quite high, so I told him never to get out of bed.
Anyways, I went straight to the kitchen to make some chicken soup. This time, I made it more special than what I used to make for them. I also added a special herb to help him go through the disease.
“Here’s some chicken soup. Eat some.” I told him wholeheartedly.
“Thanks… *sniff*” It was his only reply. I sat beside him, and fed him up until the bowl became empty. “That was good. Thank you.”
“You’re welcome. I’m glad you liked it.” I picked up the bowl and went back to the kitchen. But, before I took off, he called me.
“Sai, umm… can you… stay with me until I can go?” I was surprised that he told me that. Why would he ask? I thought he knew that I care so much for friends that’s why I chose to stay and take care of Nagi than to go and leave him alone. “Of course I will stay. I’ll just wash these dishes and then I’ll bring your medicine.” And so I went to the kitchen and washed the dishes [again] and brought him his medicine.
“Here, take this.” I helped him sit and gave him his medicine and water. After that, I told him to rest. “Don’t worry about school for today, or until you are feeling fine. I’ll ask your classmates about your lessons and I’ll file an excuse letter from the College Secretary.”
“That’s pretty much work, but thanks. I’m sorry to cause trouble…”
“It’s ok. It’s not a big deal anyway.” I told him. He wanted me to stay beside him, so I did. I went beside him and held his hand close to me. “Sleep tight. You’ll feel better when you wake up.” I whispered.
He sleeps like an angel. His gentle face reminds me of a certain dream of mine… a dream where I was in some place with someone I feel ‘heaven’ with. It was the same gentle face that they share, specially that sweet little smile he makes when he sleeps [yes, he really smiles when he sleeps. It’s really cute]. In addition to that, the light from the window hits his body, making me see his whole form [don’t worry, he’s well dressed]. He’s so adorable to see.
Before I knew it, I fell asleep. But, when I woke up I was still holding his hand and his other hand caressing my hair. “I’m sorry I fell asleep.”
“It’s ok. You deserved it. You’ve been working too much.” Yes, I’ve been working too much, even in my very strict schedule. I wasn’t appreciated, until today. After 7 months of staying with them, working every day for them, and balancing my study and them, I finally heard a ‘worry’ from someone I am taking care of. I felt happy. “Thanks, but it’s unlike me. I don’t like staying and doing nothing.”
“So you’re saying that staying here and taking care of me is unlike you?” he thought.
“If you’re thinking that I don’t like staying here and taking care of you, you’re wrong. I want to take care of you. I chose to do it. I know it will be better if I were to stay and take care of you.” I told him. “Ohh… ok.” It was his only reply.
Anyways, the other 4 came home after their classes. “Welcome home.” Every time they go home from school I greet them. And, beforehand, I send them messages, asking them what kind food they would want for dinner. This night, they wanted something different, so I made them my special recipe, Hawaiian style spaghetti.
After dinner and cleaning up everything, it was time to go to sleep. Before I went to my room, I went to Nagi’s room to check up on him. “Are you feeling better?”
“Just a little.”
“That’s good to hear. Have a good night sleep.” I was just about to close the door when he called me. “Umm… can you stay here in my room for the night? I kinda feel… unsafe.”
“If you want to, then ok.” I forgot that his bed is a little bigger than the others. It can be occupied by 2 people. “I’m just going to fetch some things.”
“If you need pillows and sheets, it’s already here. We can share.”
“I’m just going to fetch your medicine. I’ll be back in a minute.”
†-o0o-†
That night, I felt strangely uncomfortable. I also see him thriving in coldness. “Move closer. I know you’re feeling very cold right now.” He moved closer. “I hope you won’t misunderstand the things I do for you. I hope it won’t change anything between us.”
“I promise, nothing will change between us, if ever that change would be for the worse.” And so, now that all is confirmed, I hugged him tightly. I want him to feel my warmth. “What are you doing? You’ll get sick too.”
“Don’t worry. I am strong enough to fight diseases. I’ll give you off some heat.” I moved closer and hugged him tighter. Before we knew it, we fell asleep.
There we were, sleeping together, me hugging him tightly. In that cold night we felt warm, but that was because of our tight embrace.
The next morning was Friday, the day where students have a chance for the weekend to return to their homes. All of them went home, except the two of us. I just told them that we won’t go home this week because we have some things to do. Anyways, they went home… leaving the two of us in the house.
He finally woke up. “Where are they?”
“They went home. I told them that we will stay here for the weekend because we have something to do.”
“Ahh, ok.”
“Are you feeling alright?”
“I’m still feeling hot. I’m still sick.” He checked his temperature.
“Hey, I’ll just go and cook us breakfast. Stay here till then.” I told him. “Stay there and try to get well, ok? Please get well for me.”
“Alright… I will.” He replied, but that reply was a bit different. I know he was blushing. It was quite a scene for me. I have never seen him blush before… even blush for me. Anyways, I went to the kitchen to fixed breakfast.
When I returned, I saw him lying down on the floor. “Oh My God, Nagi! Are you alright?” I rushed to him and picked him up. “Sorry, I just felt dizzy…” he told me. “You got me worried. Please rest. I don’t want to see you like this.” So I lifted him up and helped him go to bed.