Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ A Writer's Love Story ❯ Phase 2 - Let Me Be With You ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Phase 2 – Let Me Be With You
After a week, he finally went well. All that effort I made to make him better finally paid off. Both of us were happy that he now feels great, but still I feel that something’s missing.
Something’s not right.
It’s almost 1 week before the vacation, but still there’s a lot of work to be done. I’m not yet thru with projects, chores and taking care of my housemates. I still haven’t finished my project because I devoted all my time to them. Everyday was set to do chores, so I had no time to do any of my projects. One thing’s for sure, I never missed taking care of my housemates. I always give them attention.
This week’s supposed to be hell week. In this week, we should be studying and doing exams. Since I wasn’t able to study for a while, I got a somewhat low score, but still I passed.
I went home early. I wrote a note for my housemates, and went outside.
After a few hours, they all came. They read the note I left for them.
Guys,
I will be coming home late tonight. I have to do something. I haven’t prepared you dinner, so I would like to ask you guys to buy yourselves one. Sorry I haven’t prepared it yet. I really must be going. Hope you understand.
-Sai
“Well then,” Kyo initiated, “What do we need to buy?”
“Anything for me. Anything edible.” Nagi answered, and went straight to bed. The others were still deciding on what to buy for dinner.
He lied on his bed, thinking of so many things, but one thing made his mind occupied. “What is it that Sai needs to do? Why would she be going home late?”
†-o0o-†
Meanwhile, Sai was on her way to a group meeting. It was a requirement for this society to go and attend their weekly reporting. She was there early, so she was the first one to report.
“My name is Sai Hikawa. I stay at a house me and my friends bought.”
“Well, so tell us why you decided to enter.” The member asked.
“Umm… I wanted to join because, God is the only thing that gives me strength to go on living, and so, as a tribute, I decided to enter.” Yes, it was very hard to pick out words, but that was really true. It is God who is giving me strength to do everyday stuff. That’s why I was able to survive the stress for almost 7 months.
Anyways, after all that events, I rushed home. I know it’s very late, so I came running home, but to my surprise I saw the television open. I wondered why it is on at this time of the night, and so curiosity drove me to go near it. To my surprise, I saw Nagi sleeping on the sofa. “He must’ve been waiting for me… how nice.” And so I went to his room, took his blanket, and put it on him. “Sleep tight.” I gave him a good night kiss. “Hmm… welcome… home…” He moved a little, which seemed like he replied to my message. Anyways, I went to bed.
The next morning [it was a Saturday. Everyone haven’t got a chance to go home since their exam last night ended late], I woke up late. Waking up early was a job for me, and it slipped my mind. I feel kinda embarrassed having Nagi to wake me up.
“What time is it?” I asked him while I rub my eyes.
“It’s already 10 AM.” He replied. “Oh My God! I forgot to wake up early. I’ll go fix up breakfast and lunch now.” I hurried to the kitchen, but before I even got out of the door, he grabbed my hand. “It’s ok. Everything’s done. I know you’re tired, so I did all the cleaning and the cooking.”
“Alone? Where are them?” I asked with curiosity.
“Yeah, they all went home. It’s semester break, remember?” Yes, I forgot all about it. Maybe it slipped my mind too, but I really didn’t thought of it, maybe because I was too busy of working, or something else…
Yes, there was something else. I have nothing to return to. I lost everyone that’s why I’m working so hard to keep myself alive. I’m only a part-time instructor, and so at least I can support myself.
“Why are you still here? Won’t you go home?” I asked him, trying to change the topic.
“Well, I can’t leave you alone here, can I?” Of course you can’t leave me here; it’s not the gentlemen’s way of treating a girl. Can’t handle a damsel in distress? Well, it’s your job, knight in shining armor. “I suppose so. But, how about you? You need to go home, right?”
“Yeah, I know. But, I have to make sure that you go home first.”
“But I won’t go home.” I replied. He then asked me why. Now he’s concerned? That’s a new thing. “I can’t. I have no place to return to.” That made him silent. I saw his startled face, with marks of confusion and questions. “I won’t ask why, but I have one thing to ask you. Will it be fine if you go home with me?” well, I was shocked, and I know he saw me shocked. I wanted to say yes, but I had to make sure. “Will it be ok with you?”
“Of course. They won’t mind.” What I wanted to say was “no thanks. I can handle myself. You need to go home.” I wanted to decline, but I didn’t. I want him to enjoy the rest of the vacation, but I do deserve a break. I just realized that I have been working so hard for the past 7 months, and so I accepted the offer.
We packed up our things and headed to ‘his’ home. On the way [we were riding a bus, because it’s easier to travel that way], he asked me something. ”Are you fine?”
“Yes, I am fine, just a little dizzy.” That’s what I told him, but I was surprised at his reply. “Try and get some sleep. The place’s far, so you have a lot of time to rest.” He laid my head to his shoulder, and asked me to sleep tightly. “Yes, I’ll try that.” Before I knew it, I fell asleep.
“We’re here.” Those words woke me up. The bus finally stopped traveling, and so it was time to depart. “Where is ‘here’?” I asked. “Muntinlupa City. Come, the car’s waiting.” What car? We went through the bus and now a car is waiting for us? Anyways, without question I followed him to the car.
“Welcome back dear.” It came from the front seat. It was probably her mother, maybe because of the mature voice and the closeness of the call. “Hi mom.” Yes, it’s definitely his mother. I saw her face when she turned to see us, and I found a certain resemblance. “Mind introducing your beautiful guest?”
“Mom, this is Sai. She’s my housemate, the one I’m talking about.” Oh, he’s talking about me? I’m actually flattered. “Nice to meet you, Mrs. Zefiric”
“The pleasure’s all mine. Where does she live?”
He answered it before I even got the chance. “Uhh, she’s staying over at our house until we go back to school.”
“That would be delightful. I’ll arrange everything now.” Both of us were actually surprised. I thought that she would probably get angry; instead she called home and prepared all the things we are going to need for the week-long vacation.