Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Crimson and Indigo ❯ You Was Born To Be Loved ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Page 6: You Was Born To Be Loved
"Don't you know? Kai was there last night!" The girls in class 3-A chattered about some school hottie. I really hated that. Who cares about Kai? He just has the looks, and the brains. He is like the perfect man. But, I don't feel quite that. I'm perfect in the eyes of others. I have the beauty, and I always top my exams... until he came. He won first place, and left me in the second with a .01 advantage! How Dare Him!
I sat at my chair, and looked at the girls chatting about Kai. And, there was me, reading.
"Do you know what day it is?" Someone closed my eyes by putting her hands on my eyes. "Stop the racket, Kitsu." Kitsu's my best friend. Like me, I have no interest in Kai. "What?"
"Happy Birthday!" Oh yeah, I forgot about it. It was my birthday. The girls then moved to me, and greeted me. Then, I saw him. Kai was there, looking. We all looked at him. All he said was "Happy Birthday Sai." And he sat down. All his friends then went to him and they chatted about some boy stuff.
After class, I had to attend the Student Council meeting. I need to report on what we need to do about the upcoming summer festival. Of course, having planned so many, I carried all the paper works [which piled up, and now covering from my mouth to my hands]. As I turn around, someone bumped me and caused me to fall over.
"Ouch! That hurt!"
"I'm Sorry, miss. Are you hurt?" I looked at the guy who bumped me. It was Kai. OF ALL THE PERSON IN THIS SCHOOL, WHY HE?
"No. I'm ok." Of course, I tried to hide my anger side.
"I'm on my way to the Council Meeting, that's why I'm in a hurry. Sorry to bump you. Here, let me help you." He picked up the papers I need to bring. "Here, it's done."
"... Thanks."
"So, where are you headed?"
"At the council meeting too."
"Really? Then let's go there together. I'll help you with those." He carried all the paperwork.
I never did noticed, he's kinda nice too.
After the council meeting, we had decided to have the Summer Festival in a beach. It is to be celebrated there the whole day.
Ok, after so many preparations, we managed to do it until before the festival's start. All the students there were in Kimono. Of course, I don't want to be left behind, so I wore the best Kimono there is. All of them were staring at me. Then, there was Kai, wearing a kimono too. "Oh, Sai! You came." He walked to me. "Come, Follow me. I want to show you something." He held my hand, and we started running to the woods, and finally stopped at the cliff.
"What is it?" I asked him, nervously.
"Sai, I want you to have this." It was a blue box. I accepted it. "Thank you."
"Open it." He looked at me with a smile. I opened it, and saw a beautiful silver ring. "What's this for?" He held both my hands, and moved closer. "Sai, I need to tell you how much I loved you. I can't sleep at night thinking of you. Please accept my love."
"It's so sudden... And why now?"
"It's because I know you'll be maltreated by the girls if they find out. I don't want you hurt."
"Even so. You could've told me that you love me..." Tears started falling from my eyes. "You don't know I loved you." He came close, and hugged me. "Sai, I'm here now. I love you, and you love me. I won't let anything separate us. I promise, by this ring. Please accept.” I put on
the ring. "Promise me. You won't leave me."
"I promise." And we walked to the beach, where everyone’s there. We both watched the fireworks display, together while talking about the two of us.
"Sai,"
"Yes?"
"I love you."
"Me too." And we kissed.
????