Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Dark Diamond ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The sad looking excuse of a rabbit was hopping around on the soft snow that had freshly fallen. Under the tallest pine in the forest on this mountain was the white gyrfalcon currently known as Dranius. She was watching with an eye on the rabbit. Waiting to fly down and end its life. But she was not only feeing her self but the others. She had to look for some thing a bit larger. Spreading her soft downy wings, and beating hard once, she dropped her tail as she leapt off the tree branch, he wings catching the air, and her tail balancing her self out, she dropped, then with one beat of her wings, she was in the air, flying gracefully. A sharp cry left her lips, as she watched the rabbit dart off. He was now looking for a much larger rabbit, maybe a hare would do nicely. Turning to the fly with the wind, she was sent off in her hunt. Under her now was the frame of a boy wearing a black long coat that skimmed along the ground. On it, his upper arms, belts tight to his skin, keeping in his heat, it spread out as it opened up to his hands, which were covered by a black shiny rock. Diamonds. Black Diamonds at that. No hood for this boy how ever, His head sported a head band, and on top of the head band sat a pair of red goggles made entirely of Rubies. His hair that looked like it was dunked in the water, then frozen that way stoop up and over his eyes, an around, the spike hair was held in place by an unknown force. As he looked up to see his friend taking flight away from him, a part of his heart went missing. His fingers curled tightly around his gloves as he walked trying to keep his fingers warm. His breath forming in front of him as he walked, and trudged threw the snow.
 
“Oh what I wouldn't give for a deer right about now” he said looking at the rabbit tracks that were caused by Dranius and her disappointment of the lack of meal. A soft gust of wind that picked up the freshly fallen snow made his coat open up, to show the white pants, and long black boots he wore. On his pants sat 6 kunai knives, 3 for each leg, each on his thigh sitting and acting as a belt in his waist was his pouches. On the two largest ones on each side, sat a throwing star, with a 30 cm point to point, with four points. It was curved and looked like a rolling wave off a beach. His hands moved out of his coat and his black diamonds gloves ran over the tips of the kunai knives, his fingers placed in the handle as he listened around his winter wonder land. The light was very bright and making him debate throwing his goggles on his face. But he was used to the white by now, as he was with the cold. He waited till the wind stopped then he moved. No point in walking in to a cold wind that already sent shivers over your body. His teeth started to clatter together as he moved. “Damn I miss my frigen fire” he said as he looked back, the soft curling poke sat in the air and he was missing watching the sparks dance for him. There was a jumping and a crashing as the boy looked up to see the moment of a deer. His damn wish came true for him. Jumping up the boy moved across the snow, as light as a feather, his fingers gripping around the kunai and pulling them free from his side holders. He placed his pointer fingers on them the black diamond gloved fitting just right. He threw his hands up, as the Kunai started to spin in his hand. He then tossed his left hand forward, sending the spinning kunai in front of him, and hitting the deer in the hide. “Damn” he said watching the deer stumble and fall forward, but it righted its self up and moved again.
 
The boy jumped after it, each step on the snow, leaving a soft imprint on the white layer. He dropped his body to miss a tree branch, as he tossed the second kunai, this time the deer turning in to it. The boy jumped up for joy, shooting his hand in the air, as he landed beside the deer. He didn't want the beast to suffer, so he pulled the knives out, then a swift motion to stab right in to the brain. He twitched as he did this, he hated this part of hunting, and the actual killing was his only problem.
 
The boy looked at the deer, running his kunai over the stomach, cutting in to the beast, and starting the task of skinning and gutting. “Oh, Chris!” came the sound of the man behind the boy. This time the boy didn't even here the jingling of the snakes eye bells on the jester behind him. “Jeff, shut up” He said sternly, as he cut threw the bone of a leg, placing it beside him in the snow. “Aw, Chris, but I love our little talks” sang the jester behind him, now spinning around in the snow. Chris looked back at the Jester. The man was covered in snakes, living ones, the moved around, his hat, was three cobra's heads, with large snake eyes, as the bells, in the fangs. His shoes were the same. “Jeff, all our talks ever are, is me being insulted, and you laughing.” He said, and then turned back to the task of cutting the hide off the deer. “Yes, but you see the difference of how you see them, and how I see them is this, I like to mock you, because it makes you look like an immature idiot, and me like a smarty pants, there for boosting my ego!” The sentence was finished with a sharp laughter and the sound of the Jester falling in the snow, as he started to make a snow angel. Chris stood up and looked at Jeff, as he made the snow angel. “Yeah well, shut up” He said grabbing the antlers of the deer, and grabbing the leg he cut off. Now that the deer was free, or as free of blood, as it was going to get laying there. Chris had the task of dragging it back to his little home. He walked towards Jeff, and past him, cutting a line in to the flat snow and a line of red from the blood trailed behind him. “You ruined my snow angel!” Shouted Jeff standing up. “Your imaginary there for your snow angel isn't real, now shut up” said Chris as he pulled the deer back to his little home in the forest.
 
 
 
 
“Make the Sky black with Arrows” Said the man beside the captain in red. The long flag in front of him dropped down, and the archers let their arrows go. The Bright sunny sky soon became dark, with what seemed like endless arrows, which were falling from the sky on the kingdom in front of Arch. “Sir” called one of the captains running forward to Arch. His voice solid, like the mountain to his right, and as angry as a water fall. “What do you want?!” shouted Arch. “Well sir, the cavalry is here, I wanted to know where to place them?” “Have then come around the back and towards the Castle doors, them men in the front at their, small out post will be taken easy this way, they wont have the strength to fight archer and, shadow rider.” “Right”. Arch moved him self to looked at the Archer captain, as he signaled for more arrows. And he turned off. The man who looked as tall as a tree, as strong as stone, wore simple armor, with a gold crest on it, a ring, half way down the right side of this ring, sat a flame, across from it a ball that was unknown for its reason. Arch just liked it. His long blue cape flowed off his back and forward, as the wind that pulled his hair in front of his face, smelled of blood.
 
 
They were like large Cats, the Vexins. Only they did not have fur, they had large parts on their body, where a thigh would be and Black skin every where else. Their heads sported a crescent horn that hooked towards the ground, with the back, of it, looking rather sharp. If the head was dropped this cat like beast, would have a weapon. Flowing off their backs sprouted three tails all black, each a sickle like blade made of the same hard body parts on their thighs slashed out and sliced threw the air, eager for the taste of blood. The Cavalry flag was dropped and the cats moved, their riders wearing black and red, the long red scarves that flowed from their necks, stretched to the next rider, each man holding a large sword in their right hand. Which they dropped forward, like a lance. The men on top of the cats were called Shadow Riders The men them selves were the few who could even ride such a cat with grace, and make the Cat it's self Happy. See the rider was picked by the cat, not the other way. The one who had the largest Cat, was normally the best fighter. But the odd time, the Cat miss picks. The sound of their heavy steps on the ground ripped threw the air, as the Castle men in the small city looked to their right to see the large flock of large cats with riders heading towards them the man in front had a large black sword, he was the commander. His cat jumped up and ran along the wal of a building, and the rider worked in unison with the cat, his sword, cut in to the ground, slightly, to show the men trying to run away it was pointless.
 
The sounds of the screaming men from the city filled the ears of Arch as he closed his eyes, to tune in to them. There was the often cry of one of the large cats as it ripped its claws in to the body of a man.
“Pull the main flanks around, the small city, Archers in the center, doubled up with a swords man.” He said walking forward, his armor clanking as he moved. “Pull the gates open, I want that Castle” he said, as he pulled his clack about him in the cold. “Don't ruin the walls with any thing” he hissed at his leading teams as he mounted up. He looked behind him to see the sea of men, that stretched for a good hour walk. Most of the men at the back, would never see blood shed like the ones in the front. Arch had a system the best in the front, because he wanted to take them with the most skilled, then if that fails, flood them with numbers. Either way, he always rode in with them, and his team of Snake fang men were still alive, each castle raid, losing only one man. Any only if they were trapped.
 
 
 
Arch looked at the men walking forward as he mounted up on the horse. As he moved and his men line by line moved the sky gave its last ray of sun shine on the poor castle, before the dark gray clouds took over, and consumed the sky in black. The Onyx like clouds rolled over the sky. Arch turned to watch his men hit the gate with their battering ram. And now came more waiting, “Why must they keep this up?” he said as he pulled him self around and rode off to the back to wait for the men at front to get things ready.