Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Dark Diamond ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chris sat inside the little make shift cave that he had called home for so many days of this winter fall. He looked around him self at the pelts he had saved up, the dry food, they frozen water. The pelts were for money, he might have lived up north, but he was smarter then he looked. He moved his slender fingers over the hide of a white deer he had gotten, last week. It was soft, he would demand at least a gold coin, he was going to aim for a gold and five silver. If no one would pay then he would have it tailored in to a saddle blanket for the horse. He looked back to his small fire that burned off the few pieces of wood he had. They would last him a few more hours at max, he needed to get more wood, but the snow was too deep for his liking. If the snow came past his waist he wasn't going out side. He looked at the bear skin and fur he had, and he pulled it close to him as he looked at his dog, his falcon, as well as his horse. “Come here you three, you will all freeze” he said, he heard the horse get up, and slowly walk over, to lay down with a thud beside him. The falcon, waddled over her talons scrapping over the ground as she hopped up in to his lap. She rested her head on his leg, and closed her eyes. The three headed dog, walked over, and placed her heads on his leg, it was very tight fit, but they managed. Chris reached over, and grabbed as many of the pelts as he could in his reach, throwing them over the forms of his friends. “I hate this time of year” He said softly as he curled up, with the pile of mixed fox, deer, bear, and rabbit pelts that were his blankets. His next problem was his horse Majestic Nite, or Nite for short, he was the only one who didn't eat meat, and this would prove a problem, if he couldn't go out and get him some thing to eat. “ Nite, bud, We will get you some thing to eat in the morrow, we will head to the Dwarven City” He said softly, as he pulled the front flap of his makeshift fur blankets over his chest. He closed his eyes and fell a sleep sitting crouched over the fire, his friends close to him, warm as well. And he was going to keep them that way.
 
 
There was no sunlight that woke up the young human, no warm sounds of singing birds, no any thing but the cold biting at his hands. He woke up and was getting ready for their ride to the Dwaven city in the south. It would be a bit harder for him but he would do it. He made sure the dog and the Falcon had enough to eat. As well as him self. He ran his fingers over the smooth nose of the horse. And leaned his head to the horses' “I'm sorry lad, I don't have any thing for you yet, but we will stop at the Black dragon inn, and I'll make sure you get the best” he said as he pulled the gear up and placed it on Nite's back. He ran his fingers over the soft fur of the horse as he walked out of the cave, he pulled his fur coat around his shoulders, and watched the dog, sink in to the snow almost, as she jumped around trying to get used to the depth. Watching Dranius take flight, to the sky, he smiled softly wishing he could do that. Fly free,, be able to fly over the storm, and go where ever he wanted to. He had to make sure he was going to be able to find where he was again, other wise there was going to be a problem for when he came back. He reached back and pulled out a arrow, he held it with his thumb on the tip. And he started to starch the tip in to the three, writing `Home' and drew an arrow pointing towards it. He knew there was nothing but he make shift cave there, but, he liked it enough to want to go back.
 
 
The trip took Chris and his friends, a day and a half to get to the foot of the mountain. Nite was looking weaker each day, but Chris found a patch of a bush, that Nite ate once before, so they stopped fur an hour making sure Nite was well. Chris looked at the soft snow flakes that fell lightly from the sky now. He watched the flakes drop, like there wasn't a care in the world. Chris belt down, and picked up some snow in his slender fingers. If his hands weren't numb already then he would have felt how cold it was. He shaped it in to a ball, and then threw it at The Dog. He smiled laughing. Holly Jesus Crist the dog turned around, and barked at Chris, playfully. As he reached down, and made another snow ball, throwing it at the dog, who now ran towards him. Hitting her in the center head. The ball exploded on contact with the dog. And it only made the game more exciting. There was a flash from the dog, as it leapt forward, and jumped up, taking Chris to the ground. He felt his goggles shift from his head, and fall off, but he wouldn't be able to look for them. The three heads from the pit-bull each took turns licking Chris, in their retaliation for his snow ball fight. The fight is it could even be called that was over in a matter of seconds, when Chris rolled over, and got free from the dog. Chris looked up for Dranius, as he saw her flying gracefully with out a care in the world. He reached back for Nite, and he pulled the horse along with him as they began walking once more, picking up his goggles, and putting them back on.
 
 
As Chris was reaching the foot of the mountain there was a sharp Cry from above, and Chris looked up to See Dranius, dropping down in a rush, Chris looked at where she was heading, and saw the giant that was coming after him. Nite, reared up, and Chris Let him go, letting the horse run off. “ Dog, go with him” He said softly to his three headed dog, as he ran forward. Chris only had his Dual swords, as well as his throwing knives but that was it, he had his arrows, but the bow was on the horse, so they were no longer in his mind. Reaching back, he pulled his two swords from the sheath, he wore on his back. Chris held the swords so that the one with the Diamond butt, was in his right hand, it was thinner then the other he felt the soft leather he had on the finger grip for its handle, with his right fingers. His left hand held the one with the ruby flame butt. These swords were brothers, both had a silver blade, that was lined with inner Iron. Whit held the blade strong in combat. Their white wooden handles were soft and smooth to his fingers, and the Diamond and Ruby, made the blade balanced. Both blades were at two and a half feet and three inches up from the hand guard, there was a little V that popped out then went back to the normal size of the blade.
 
 
Chris watched as the giant moved its arm back and pulled a rather thick stick off its back. he guessed it to be a club. The Giant, sent it's club down, in to the snow where Chris had been. Chris had rolled off to the side, as he felt the ground shake. “Give me horse, Me belly need yums” Chris looked back to see the Giant's head turning to the horse. “Oh hells no” He said he stepped up on to the club, and ran along the arm of the Giant. This Giant was over twelve feet tall, making its arms as thick as Chris him self, But he had to do some thing. He reached the skin of the Giants, on the arm, and ran his right blade along the wrist, of the Giant, he might have been at the elbow, but he say the blood vain, that pressed out of the arm. The only problem with this was that the Giants Skin was a bit tougher then a normal Human. He didn't do much but slice the skin. He cursed as he watched the Giant, send a fist flying towards Chris. “Damn you little boy” The giant yelled at him, before the fist, hit him, and he was sent flying back in to the snow and rolled a good distance away. His whole right side was in pain, the fist had hit his arm, and it could no longer move, it was broken. Chris Was in pain, there were tears rolling down his face, that steamed when they came out, then froze once they reached his chin. He looked at the giant with Anger and pain. He reached out with his left hand , his sword in it still, as he stood up. “ The hells your touching my horse!” He called again, as the Giant looked at him. Chris let his energy go, the Chakara that dropped from his right hand, and in to the ground. His eyes were closed with pain, when he opened them he watched the giant turn to face Chris. ` Why you not dead?” he asked as he took a step forward. Chris made his move then. His left hand dropped the sword, as he lifted his hand up, a spike of dirt, that ripped threw the snow, and ice, found its self stuck in the mouth or the giant. Chris then , pushed a section of that spike up, pulling the skull off and free from the spin, and lower jaw, the sides spiked out, cutting any skin that would have held the skull on. The boy dropped backwards, its neck, turning the pure white snow red.
 
 
Chris stood up straight, as he picked up his swords, one by one he placed them back in to their Sheaths. “ I have to get to Molgar now” He said as he walked forward. Dranius, let her sharp cry , out in to the world, as he looke dup to see her, flying towards him. The horse and the dog, came running after, Nite, having the most problems. He felt his arm loss in the war of pain for that second, his friends, his life, came back like they had time before. But every time, it meant the world to him. He looked at Nite, and rested his left arm around the horse, and walked with the Dog licking his right hand. That hung, painfully at his side.