Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Rays Of The Black Moon ❯ The First Battle ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter two. The second chapter and the true beginning of my story. It took about an hour to find names that would fit my characters perfectly. Some of the names are unique and I had to do a bit of tweaking (MY Brain HURTS LOTS) but now I am able to write freely with my newly found characters. Enjoy!!!!!!
 
Zamia Antello turned off her alarm clock with hast. Even in the silence, the noise still burned in her ears. She reluctantly opened her eyes, it was half passed six. Slowly, she pulled herself up to a sitting position ant reached over to turn on her light, with one swift click The light poured into the bedroom, blinding her slightly. She rubbed her eyes, waiting for them to adjust to the light. “Uh, I hate Mondays” she muttered almost incoherently, she pulled herself out of bed and dragged herself to the closet.
 
Usually, it only takes Zamia about twenty minutes, but due to this unusual grogginess, it took much longer. Still lingering over the line between conciseness and sub-conciseness, she pulled out random clothes, by now the sun could be seen peaking over the horizon, its light barely entering her room.
 
She stretched, letting out a loud yawn and pulling herself in front of her body mirror. Her reflection was that of a seventeen-year-old Italian girl with smoke-gray eyes and shoulder -length, black hair. She saw that, in a surprising sort of was, she managed to choose her favorite shirt, lavender in color with a wolf imprinted on it, and form-fitting, black jeans (Which was great for her, she had little for to begin with. She took her brush and started to untangle her hair, making it strait in the process. She quickly put on her makeup (What little she had) and when she was completely satisfied whit how she looked, she left. The time was seven-fifteen.
 
The sun was blinding now, Zamia had to shield her eyes as she walked to her car, a 1995 ford escort,. She got in and was on her way.
 
Upon entering the school building, Zamia found her table. Her friends, the people she had known since the second grade, where sprawled around the table, talking animatedly to one another. Sora Avalon, Zamia's best friend, is a girl pretty enough to be popular, she stood about 5”6 and weighed at 134 lbs at the most, but it worked for her. Her nee-length, curly, blond hair was worn down. She was chatting with Brigette, a petite Goth with platinum blond hair streaked with red. She wore all black with one red necklace; an upside down cross was hung across it. On the other side of the table sat Heartha Jones, the reasonable, motherly, plump Irish girl. Her short, thick, curly red hair was pulled back in a bun, she had her nose in a parenting book (Her oldest sister was seven months along) so she can help take care of the baby. And aside from her other friends (Those that truly have no importance ion the story at the moment) Their was one person missing! Connie Gordon, the oldest of the group (But the least mature) hadn't arrived.
 
Instinctively, Zamia took her seat next to Sora, who stopped her conversation with Brigette almost at once, she turned to face Zamia “Hey girl, how was your weekend?” Zamia answered happily “It was ok, I helped my dad around the farm, my brother was gone all weekend, thanks to you” She paused and thought about what she just said. Her twenty-one-year-old brother, Eric, was dating Sora. And even though they where best friends, she couldn't help but not approve of her friends actions. Sora gave her a look of curiosity “You don't still have a problem with me dating your brother, do you? It's been four months already” Zamia rolled her eyes at Sora's comment. “Look, I just don't want you to do anything stupid, I__” She was interrupted by a loud call.
 
“NEKO-SAMA!!!!!!!!!!” said a high-pitched voice, Sora put both her hands on her forehead “Not again”. Brigette smiled “You might want to stand up, I don't want her to fly over the table. Even Heartha looked up in curiosity.
 
Reluctantly, Sora stood up and braced herself, awaiting her fait as the person who cried her nickname took a flying leap and landed right on Sora, bowling her over in a tight hug.
“Connie geroffme!” Sora cried as all her friends laughed, Heartha being the only one kind enough to help force Connie off. Connie stood up with a satisfied look on her face. Her chest-length, brown hair a mess and her rust color eyes lit up in happiness “Neko-Sama! Get up, silly!” Zamia shook her head as Sora struggled to get up. She always thought, even though she was older, that Connie though of Sora as a big sister. Even though Sora might of regretted it, but she was the one who brought Connie into the group, she has been in the close circle ever since.
 
“Were have you been” Sora asked Connie as she brushed off dust from her gray blouse.
“My mum, she wanted me to look half-way decent today, much luck that did, eh?” Replied Connie, still in giggles.
Brigette sighed in utter annoyance “Parents, the essence of pure evil. I swear to your God their here to ruin our lives, My parents finally decided that they wanted to be part of my life now that I'm a senior, But I say screw them, I_” Heartha stopped her gothic friend “Brigette, I understand your longing to be as unique and as dark as any other goth out their, but leave God out of it, that's ignorance at its finest”
“Says you, I don't even believe in god”
“And that's why you're corrupted!”
 
The bell rang, quickly ending the argument. The five friends went their separate ways for their first-hour classes.
 
 
The start-of-class bell rang loudly as the students scrambled to get to their seats. Zamia sat in the back with Gary, one of her normal guy-friends. They whispered as quietly as they could as the teacher began the day's lesson.
“Unknown alkaloids will be isolated and characterized from larkspur species using large scale extraction followed by acid/base extraction to yield a crude alkaloid__” The teacher paused and looked around the room, the whole class, whom of which paid very little attention, was now staring at the teacher, fear flickered in his eyes as he gazed at the door. Gary turned his face to the door and gasped. “Zamia, look at this” Zamia turned to see what the big deal was. She thought it was some kind of miracle that her teacher just stopped talking, but that feeling soon changed as she saw something most terrifying.
 
It was a demon. Shaped like that of a gargoyle, completely black. Its wings looked like those that belonged to a dragon. Its scales were pointed, its ugly eyes were tinted red, they glowed dangerously, it stunk of death.
 
As suddenly as it appeared, it attacked! Out of all the people it could have chosen to attack, of all the people in that very room, it came right at Zamia. Zamia could feel its rouge breath, she screamed as it raised its claws to strike.
“FLASH”
 
Blinding purple light filled Zamia's eyes, it was like she was in a dream. She looked around, all she could see was purple smoke, she was floating. AS soon as her eyes adjusted completely, a voice called out to her, “ Master, it is not you that has chosen me, but I who chose you. Time is your power, the battle is your destiny, and you now belong to me as I am apart of you….” The voice trailed off as a creature appeared. It was like something that Zamia could never imagine. It resembled a wolf, only it had purple fur, its crystal-white eyes shone in the light, it had wings, leathery wings that hung gracefully on ether side of his shoulder blades. Instead of a tail, he had swirling mist. It stared long and hard at Zamia, as if looking into her soul.
 
“W-who are you?” She stammered.
“I am whatever you want to call me, but my old master, the God of time, gave me the name Tempion, Creature of time”
 
“T-time?” She said faintly. The wolf howled “We waist too much time, go, you must fight! The battle has just begun!” It howled once again and Zamia returned quickly to her classroom, right at the point where the demon was about to attack. “PAUSE” she cried, the demon stopped in mid air, and so did everyone else. She fell back into the wall, startled. The wolf-creature's voice filled her head “Your magic is limited, Zamia, transform before its too late! Concentrate on your power”
 
She nodded swiftly and concentrated “Transform!!!” The mist now surrounded her body, covering every inch of her. When the mist completely vanished, she saw how she looked.
Her outfit looked to be like a fusion between a belly dancers dress and a cape and had purple and gray working in perfect harmony. Time began to run back to normal, and the demon looked pissed “ She-witch, you shall perish in battle, you are no match for me” it howled in a monstrous rage and began to double in size. It lunged for her once again, this time she was ready. She leaped out of the demons way, landing on the other side of the room. “I don't know how this happened and I don't know why. All I know is that I have to beat you!” She closed her eyes in concentration “Demon of the netherworld, you chose a bad day you'll fide, that my powers of time can send you far away…ERASE!!”
 
In a flash of light, the demon was gone. Zamia felt exhaustion overwhelm her as she fell onto the floor. A deep sleep came over her as the form of Tempion appeared and blinked out of sight.
 
 
Ahhh it's nice to finish another chapter, I'm just glad it turned out longer than the last one did. I do hope you enjoy reading it, plllllleeeeaaaassseee review.