Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ A Light in the Darkness ❯ Goku Worries about a Saiyan Prince ( Chapter 31 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A Light in the Darkness - part 31: Goku Worries about a Saiyan Prince
by Mia Skywalker & Wataruo
 
PAIRING: ::whistles innocently:: Pairing? What, do you think this is a romance or something? ^_~
RATING: G
WARNINGS: None
DISCLAIMER: Neither of us owns any of the DBZ characters or anything about DBZ, but we both wish we owned the Saiyans. All of them. At least all of the ones with hair. These characters are owned by Toei, Viz, Akira Toriyama, and FUNimation. We do own what we've written here, and our specific storyline, just not Dragonball itself. We make no money off of any of these guys, nor off this fic. We just have fun writing it.
SUMMARY: Goku worries about a certain Saiyan Prince.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT: Thanks to saiyengerl for the beta!

~~~~~*~~~~~
 
Gohan watched Mrs. Briefs get ready, but thought maybe his father would have some ideas. Besides, he had the feeling this was taking too long. He told Mrs. Briefs how to get there, then headed towards the door. As he was about to leave he glanced back at her hesitantly.
 
"Maybe my Daddy will help Vegeta. Maybe he can stay at my house for a little while."
 
Mrs. Briefs nodded. "That's a good idea, Gohan-chan. I'll get some blankets and food ready, just in case. But I don't think Bulma wants him back here." Yet, she thought hopefully.
 
Gohan headed out and reached his parents' home in under a minute. Goku and Chi-Chi were surprised to see him home, but he was so agitated they let him speak.
 
"Daddy! Vegeta's sick! Something's wrong with him! He wanted me to beat him up and he wouldn't fight back, I think he wanted me to kill him! Daddy, what's wrong? You have to help him!"
 
Goku blinked a few times before he realized what his son was telling him. "Calm down, Gohan, and tell me what's going on. What do you mean Vegeta's sick?"
 
"He's sick, Daddy! His ki is really low! And he wanted me to fight him, but when I did he wouldn't fight back. And he kept letting me hit him! When I stopped, he got mad! Daddy, something's wrong!"
 
"Calm down, Gohan." Goku placed a reassuring hand on his son's shoulder. "Show me where he is. I'll go and talk to him."
 
Gohan nodded decisively. "Hai!" he said, and shot up in the air, with the other two Saiyans following closely behind.
 
Gohan found Vegeta not far from where he left him few minutes before. He was sitting with his back against a tree, legs crossed at the ankles, and arms folded across his chest. He merely rolled his eyes when the three Saiyans touched down but did not attempt to even speak to them.
 
"Vegeta?" A frown crossed Goku's features as he looked at the older warrior. "Are you ok?"
 
Vegeta raised and eyebrow. "Is there a reason I shouldn't be?"
 
"Gohan is worried about you." Goku looked worried as well, but he didn't comment on it. "He said you weren't eating."
 
"Since when do I explain my actions to you?" he snarled.
 
Hakusai placed her hand on Gohan's shoulder to still the boy, when she sensed he was about to say something. "Vegeta, you aren't well. We can see that."
 
"Who asked you, woman?" He shot to his feet with a speed that startled them. His expression conveyed his anger, but his color was too pale for Hakusai's liking, and she was surprised to discover that Gohan was right. Vegeta's ki was dangerously low.
 
"When was the last time you ate, Vegeta?" she demanded.
 
"It is not your concern," he said, turning his head away and sighing. "Leave me be."
 
"No."
 
Vegeta's head snapped back to Hakusai. "What did you say?"
 
"Do you have a hearing problem, my prince? I said no." Hakusai glared at him. "You are coming back with us."
 
"You dare!?!" Vegeta growled.
 
"I am not about to let you kill yourself," Hakusai snapped at him. "You'll come with us if I have to drag you there."
 
Vegeta sputtered, he was so angry. How dare she order the Prince of the Saiyans about like a commoner! "I think not, woman." He began to power up.
 
Hakusai was somewhat relieved that he still had some fight left in him. "Don't waste your energy, warrior. You are too weak to fight me now. Get some strength back and you may be worthy enough to fight me."
 
"WORTHY ENOUGH!?!" Vegeta shouted. "How dare you?"
 
"Then come with us and fight me later," Hakusai said, eyes narrowing. "If you think you can."
 
Vegeta snorted and glared back. "Fine. Lead the way, Kakarotto."
 
Goku nodded. He wasn't quite sure what had just happened but he had let Hakusai take over. She had seemed to know exactly what to say to make Vegeta angry enough to want to live.
 
Goku had no idea why Vegeta had a sudden death wish. He instinctively knew that if he left Vegeta alone, the other Saiyan would find a way to end his own life. Hakusai and his son seemed to sense this as well. It was probably why Hakusai had bullied Vegeta into coming with them, and to Goku's relief it had worked.
 
He flew homeward, the other three following behind him. He suspected Chi-Chi wouldn't be happy about inviting Vegeta over, but he hoped she would understand. No one deserved to starve to death, even if it was done intentionally. He knew she would complain but maybe he could get her to see that Vegeta was not such a bad guy. He had simply had the wrong influences and if they could help him, then maybe they could get him to change a little.
 
The group touched down at Goku's home a few minutes later and the minute Vegeta's feet touched the ground he passed out. Goku caught him before he hit the ground, holding him in his arms like a child.
 
"It's bad, isn't it?" Goku asked as Hakusai brought a hand to the unconscious prince's forehead.
 
"I don't know, Goku. I have never seen this happen to a Saiyan before. It's almost as if he has lost the will to live." Hakusai looked up at Goku, worry showing in her brown eyes. "We can't let him die, Goku-san. He is all I have left."
 
"It will be alright," he reassured her. "He'll sleep a while, then we'll get him something to eat. I can tell from his aura that he is depressed."
 
"Goku-san," Hakusai began.
 
Goku shook his head to interrupt her and carried Vegeta in the house. "Chi?" he called out. "Can you fix up the spare bedroom for me?"
 
"What?" Chi-Chi entered the room from the back, still wearing an apron and with her hair back. She looked at the Saiyan in Goku's arms and her mouth twisted up in distaste. "And how many people was he killing today, before you had to beat him to a pulp?"
 
"I didn't beat him up, Chi," Goku said. "He did this to himself."
 
"No, Daddy," Gohan disagreed, shaking his head. "I did it. Vegeta asked me to, he wanted to spar with me, but he wouldn't fight back, and he got angry when I stopped. He wanted me to hurt him...."
 
"Well, he deserves it," Chi-Chi said waspishly, to Hakusai's surprise, but not to Goku's and Gohan's. "After all the trouble he's caused...." Then she looked at Vegeta and frowned, suddenly realizing that he was dying.
 
"Oh, all right," she said grudgingly. "I'll get one of the spare rooms ready. But I want him out of here as soon as he's better."
 
"Once he is better I don't think he will be a problem. He really is sick, Chi," Goku said, brown eyes filled with worry. "No matter what he has done he doesn't deserve this."
 
Chi-Chi shook her head. "You'd save your worst enemy, wouldn't you? You are saving your worst enemy! Goku, Bulma told me that he spoke of killing you almost every day for the past year. And you want to help him?"
 
She rolled her eyes in irritation, but made the bed regardless. "Here, put him here and we'll let him sleep. He can eat later, if you think he's up to it." It was obvious she was not happy about this turn of events, and nothing was going to make her soften towards Vegeta.
 
"Thank you, Chi." Goku lay the warrior down and covered him with the sheets. He turned and embraced her. "Thank you."
 
"I think we need to just let him sleep," Hakusai said reaching up to rub her temple.
 
Goku nodded. "We can wake him later to get him to eat."
 
Hakusai shook her head. "I don't think that's a good idea. I say let him sleep. If I am right he hasn't done either recently. He will wake up when he is hungry enough."
 
Chi-Chi looked down at Gohan. "Did you want to come home? Or would you like to stay at Bulma's a little while longer?"
 
Gohan looked up at her uncertainly. He couldn't tell for certain if his mother wanted him home yet or not, then he looked at his father. He smiled up at his mother. "I'll stay with Bulma a little longer. I think she needs me. Is that all right?"
 
Chi-Chi nodded, smiling at him. "Just don't forget your schoolwork, all right, Gohan?"
 
He nodded, then headed back for the door. He knew Vegeta would be all right there. He headed back to Bulma's, and let Mrs. Briefs know where Vegeta was staying for a little while.
 
 
To be continued.....
 
~~~*~~~
 
And in the next exciting episode of DragonBall Z: A Light in the Darkness... Goku worries about a certain Saiyan Prince.