Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ A Light in the Darkness ❯ The Battle with Bojack ( Chapter 84 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A Light in the Darkness - Part 84: The Battle with Bojack
by Mia Skywalker & Wataruo
 
PAIRING: Vegeta/Bulma, Yamcha/Hakusai, Lunch/Tenshinhan
RATING: PG-13
WARNINGS: Violence. Please, if you watch DBZ, you can't possibly be shocked by violence.
C&C: Please! ^_^
DISCLAIMER: Neither of us owns any of the DBZ characters or anything about DBZ, but we both wish we owned the Saiyans. All of them. At least all of the ones with hair. And yes, we're including Yamcha, Ranma, and Ryouga in that, now you know. Dragonball Z and the associated characters are owned by Toei, Viz, Akira Toriyama, and FUNimation. Ranma 1/2 and the characters of Ranma Saotome and Ryouga Hibiki are owned by Viz, Rumiko Takahashi, and some Japanese studio I don't know the name of. We do own what we've written here, and our specific storyline, just not Dragonball or Ranma 1/2 themselves. We make no money off of any of these guys, nor off this fic. We just have fun writing it. Oh, I guess we do own Hakusai and Serori. But I doubt anyone cares. ^_~
SUMMARY: A battle against what might be the most powerful enemy they've ever faced.
NOTES: The rest of this story is completely unbeta'd, as I can't seem to find a beta who will be as brutal or thorough as I like, and will get me chapters back in what I feel is a timely manner. I have, however, had training as an editor, and I've edited the remainder of this pretty thoroughly. I would simply like people to be aware that no one else has gone through it to catch any errors or inconsistencies, so it may be more flawed than I realize.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Trunks sighed with relief when his mother was pulled from the fray. He had suddenly been terrified that history would change, and instead of his father dying, it would be his mother. He couldn't let that happen. He wouldn't be born, but worse, he knew his father would destroy himself over the loss of his bonded mate. His mother had almost done the same, but she had told Trunks that it had only been her pregnancy with him that had kept her going, knowing that a small part of Vegeta would still be alive. He knew, though, that were Bulma to die, there would be nothing like that to keep Vegeta going.
 
“Goku,” Trunks said softly. “You have to turn Super Saiyan now. We need all the Super Saiyans we can get right now.” He shot a glance at Yamcha. “I don't think you can go Super Saiyan yet.” He frowned. As far as he knew, Yamcha had never gone Super Saiyan, but had stopped training after.... He glanced back where Hakusai had left with Bulma. Well, history had already changed here, so maybe Yamcha would make it someday.
 
Yamcha blinked at him, and then nodded. He had no idea who this boy was or why he thought that, but he didn't think he had that sort of power level yet. “That's all right,” he told him. Then he cocked his head curiously. “Does Vegeta?”
 
The boy looked startled, and that faint blush appeared on his cheeks again. “I don't know,” he admitted softly. “We never had a chance to find out.” Then before anyone could react to that statement, he took a step towards Bojack, his sword outstretched. “But I'm not going to let you get away with it this time, murderer!” With a shout, he charged at Bojack, ki blasting from his sword.
 
Bojack laughed. “I haven't had this much fun in ages. Had I known, I would have attacked all of you much sooner.” Bojack simply sidestepped Trunks, clasped his fists together and brought them down on the back of the teenager's neck. Trunks gasped with pain and fell to the ground unconscious.
 
“This is all too easy.” He raised his hand to release another blast to finish off the young man, but was distracted by Goku's scream of rage.
 
“I won't let you!” he shouted, as his power rose and his hair and eye color changed. “I won't forgive you for attacking us this way!” The Saiyan warrior clenched his fists, his eyes flashed with the anger he felt. “You will pay for what you have done.”
 
Bojack laughed again. “You think you can stop me? How pathetic.”
 
Vegeta snorted. “Your arrogance is your weakness. It will be your undoing.”
 
“Oh really?” the blue man replied, sounding faintly amused.
 
Vegeta smirked at him. “I learned that the hard way.”
 
“Vegeta, you....” Goku looked over at the older Saiyan in surprise. He would have never dreamed that Vegeta would admit that to anyone in private, let alone in front of so many people.
 
“Shut up and fight, Kakarotto!” Vegeta commanded, moments before he charged in and attacked Bojack furiously. Goku joined him seconds later, the two men attacking with a speed and fury that no normal human could have matched.
 
Yamcha noted that Goku had powered up to Super Saiyan level, the way the strange boy had suggested. He also noticed that their blows weren't having nearly enough effect on the blue-skinned alien, that he almost seemed to be laughing at them. Yamcha was frustrated that he couldn't go Super Saiyan himself. He knew he didn't have the power level to do it yet. He glanced at Ryouga, who was crouched in a battle stance, watching them almost hesitantly.
 
“Ryouga!” he shouted at his half-brother. “Can you go Super Saiyan again?”
 
Ryouga looked startled, and tried to concentrate. After several seconds he shook his head in despair. “I don't know! I don't know how I did it before!”
 
Yamcha pulled back from the fight temporarily. He knew that Vegeta and Goku would be all right, and they would keep Bojack busy for a while. He stared at Ryouga for a second, his eyes narrowed in thought. Anger was the key. He pondered for a moment. Then he remembered how angry Ranma had made Ryouga earlier. He wondered if he could use that somehow.
 
“Ryouga, what did Ranma do to you, that made you hate him so much?”
 
Ryouga blushed but remained silent, not willing to speak. Yamcha frowned at his reticence. “Is it that bad?” Ryouga gave a quick jerk of his head, and Yamcha scratched his head thoughtfully, looking up at the fight above them. “Well, I don't know what it was, but... why don't you focus on it?” He smiled at Ryouga's startled look. “Anger makes you go Super Saiyan. That's what Goku said. If you can focus your anger....”
 
Ryouga stared at him a moment, then closed his eyes and remembered. He remembered how he and Ranma had been friends when they were younger, and the sense of betrayal he had felt when Ranma had left so suddenly, without warning, breaking a promise that they had made. He remembered how Ranma came back and had tormented him, first by stealing food from him, then by knocking him into the cursed spring, then by taking the only girl that Ryouga ever loved.
 
His anger started to rise at that thought. Ranma Saotome, you ruined my life! You will pay!
 
All thoughts about the possibility that Ranma might be his brother were shoved from his mind as his rage and anger grew. Yamcha watched in awe as his brother's ki spiked abruptly, and then a golden aura flared around him, and Ryouga turned Super Saiyan.
 
Yamcha grinned at him, and pointed up at the fight. “Come on, we need you now!” he declared to him, as he charged back towards the fray.
 
His anger surging through him, Ryouga joined as well, putting all his force into attacking the strange man that had ambushed their tournament.
 
Bojack knew he was in trouble when the other two men joined in. Their combined strength was simply too much for him. If he wanted to win he was going to have to fight them one-on-one.
 
While Bojack was lost in his thoughts, Ryouga's fist connected with Bojack's jaw. Vegeta slipped a kick through his defenses and connected with his abdomen, while Goku and Yamcha combined ki attacks, blasting the larger man back, forcing him through another wall, and making him collide with a tree that was outside the ring.
 
“Think he has had enough?” Goku asked, sounding out of breath.
 
They watched solemnly as Bojack got back to his feet and screamed in rage. Vegeta shook his head grimly. “No. I think he is rather pissed off, wouldn't you say?”
 
“How dare you!” Bojack's voice boomed as he glared death at all of them. “I was going to be lenient and kill you all quickly, but now you will suffer.”
 
“Somehow I doubt that,” Vegeta replied arrogantly. “Now shut up and die already!” Vegeta raised his hand and it began to glow with his power. BIG BANG ATTACK!
 
The large ki blast headed towards Bojack and struck. Blinding light filled the countryside, the shock waves causing the earth to shake and fissures to form in the ground. When the haze finally cleared a few moments later, they saw no sign of Bojack.
 
“You think he's dead?” Yamcha asked, scanning the countryside for evidence of Bojack's presence.
 
The group was taken by surprise moments later when a loud boom came from behind them. They turned as a group and Vegeta could be heard cursing under his breath when this time the ki blast connected with Yamcha.
 
The large man could never remember having ever felt pain that intense when the beam collided with him. It knocked the air out of his lungs as he tried to brace himself against the force of it, but it was simply too strong, overpowering his normal ki shield and battering him down. Yamcha was thrown several feet away from the main group; his body slammed into one of the remaining walls of the arena and rolled to a stop.
 
Ryouga's eyes widened in pain and fury. NOOOOOO! he cried out enraged. He had only just met this man who was his half brother, and he didn't want to lose him so soon. In his rage, he turned and attacked Bojack, without thought or care about strategy.
 
Bojack gave Ryouga an evil grin as the boy charged him. He grabbed Ryouga by the throat, lifting him off of his feet. Bojack simply tossed Ryouga aside as if he weighed no more than a rag doll and gave the others a smug grin. “Who's next?”
 
Vegeta growled, let out a yell, and charged Bojack as well. But unlike Ryouga, Vegeta blurred at the last minute, vanished from sight, then reappeared behind the other man, aiming a kick to his back. Bojack was thrown forward by sheer momentum, but not really hurt. Vegeta was not surprised when Bojack spun around and attacked him in retaliation.
 
The two warriors exchanged blows, leaving Goku watching, wondering who would come out on top. If Vegeta was beaten, then he would be the only one left, and he wasn't going to let his friends down. After a few minutes of intense fighting Vegeta seemed to be tiring, and he was taken off guard when Bojack's fist connected with his jaw, sending him sprawling towards the ground.
 
“Vegeta?” Goku shouted, concerned. “Can you stand?”
 
“Don't talk to me like that!” the smaller Saiyan snapped at Goku, wiping the blood from his mouth as he stood. Goku suppressed a smile as Vegeta released a barrage of rapidly fired ki blasts at Bojack, some of which the blue-skinned man managed to deflect. But it was obvious to all of them that Bojack was tiring as well.
 
“What's the matter?” Vegeta taunted. “Getting a little slow, are you?”
 
Both men glared at each other, each trying to feel out the other's weakness. Vegeta moved first, moving so fast that his opponent almost didn't have enough time to react. Bojack blocked one of Vegeta's punches, then wrenched his arm upwards and brought his knee up into Vegeta's chest.
 
Vegeta did not scream in pain as he felt several of his ribs crack. Blood filled the warrior's mouth as Bojack continued to rain punches all over his body. The Saiyan Prince tried to shield his thoughts and the pain he felt from Bulma. He did not want her to experience what he was feeling.
 
His thoughts were of her as he lost consciousness, as he telepathically sent his last thoughts to her. ::Bulma, no matter what happens, remember that I love you.:: Then Vegeta knew no more.
 
Goku watched in horror as he felt Vegeta's ki drop and saw his body start to go limp. NO!!!! he screamed as Bojack dropped Vegeta to the ground, preparing to finish him off.
 
Light slowly filtered through Trunks' consciousness, and then he heard the sounds of battle. He was trying to remember. Did Cell finally get him? No, he would be dead if that was the case. Then where was he?
 
He opened his eyes, just in time to see Vegeta go limp in Bojack's hand as the alien dropped his father like a discarded rag. Trunks felt Vegeta's ki plummet as he zoomed over towards them, horror in his features.
 
NOOOOOO! he cried out, his hair turning blond even as he was en route to the fight. He pushed Bojack away from his father's body, fury and despair overwhelming his soul. He had failed! He had come here to protect his father, and he had failed anyway. He hadn't stopped a thing. He had seen Tenshinhan go, and he saw Yamcha lying on the ground. Yamcha hadn't died before. He had changed things, but not enough, not nearly enough.
 
YOU KILLED MY FATHER! I'LL KILL YOU FOR THAT! In his fury, his ki spiked even higher, and he rained blows filled with ki on the man who had murdered the Saiyan Prince.
 
Ryouga was staring at the stranger in shock as he managed to pull himself to his feet, not even feeling the bruises from his collision with the wall. Father? Who is he talking about? But then his own anger and grief at what Bojack had done to Yamcha overwhelmed him as well, and he also rose up and charged towards Bojack, going Super Saiyan once again.
 
STOP! Goku's voice stopped the other two from attacking, and they turned their questioning but angry gazes to the other Saiyan. “He is tired, but we can't beat him if we attack him one at a time. We need to hit him with our strongest attacks all at once.”
 
“Strongest... attacks?” Ryouga glared at Bojack, prepared for any move he might make.
 
“What are you thinking, Goku?” the mysterious Super Saiyan boy asked Goku, his eyes narrowed thoughtfully.
 
Goku blinked, startled that the youth had known his name. The boy had used it before, but Goku hadn't questioned it then. How in the world? Then he shook himself. No time for that now.
 
“Ryouga? Did they teach you the Kame Hame Ha?” he asked. “We need to hit him with everything we have left.”
 
Ryouga nodded. “Yes, Gohan showed me that one.” He was starting to regain his temper, but his ki was still flared in Super Saiyan state.
 
“I know it too, Goku,” the other boy said. “Do you want us to hit him together?”
 
“Yes.” Goku nodded. “He won't be able to fend off three Super Saiyans.” He glanced over to see Bojack smirking at them. “Are you ready?” he asked as the blue man started to approach.
 
“Hai,” Trunks replied, and Ryouga simply nodded. The three of them turned to face Bojack, their hands lifting in the required position.
 
KAME....
 
Their hands pulled back.
 
HAME....
 
They threw their hands forward, cupping the blast.
 
HAAAA!!!
 
A ki blast funneled from each of their cupped hands, and then the three beams merged together and shot directly towards Bojack. The beam was bright, brighter than any single Kame Hame Ha blast would be, and it caught Bojack by surprise. The force of the blow sent him backwards, but not before it had seared through his body, causing his chest to melt with the power of it. He let out a hoarse scream of pure pain and terror, which trailed off into nothingness as the rest of his body slowly disintegrated in the wash of the blast that was tossing him back.
 
The three Saiyans dropped their hands as the beam faded, their Super Saiyan auras fading back to their normal levels. Goku dropped to his knees, panting in exhaustion. Ryouga turned concerned eyes on the larger Saiyan; Goku's body was covered in cuts and bruises, enough that a normal human would probably have been killed. Ryouga himself wasn't feeling too wonderful, but he didn't think he was badly injured. He looked curiously at the other young man, wondering who he was and why he had appeared out of nowhere like that.
 
Trunks, however, had his mind on something else. Now that their enemy was dead and vengeance was complete, grief threatened to overwhelm him completely. With a cry of agony he dropped to Vegeta's side and lifted the Saiyan Prince's head gently, drawing it onto his lap.
 
“Father... I failed you.” Grief choked his words. “I came back to save you, but I couldn't. I failed. Oh Mother, I failed you!”
 
Tears began to leak from his eyes, as his fists clenched in pain and fury.
 
To be continued.....
 
~~~~~*~~~~~
 
And in the next exciting episode of DragonBall Z: A Light in the Darkness... Revelations about the strange youth and his sudden appearance.
 
~~~~~*~~~~~
 
Reviewer Responses:
 
o0kittyblue0o: You don't have to check every day. If you read the notes at the beginning of each chapter, you'll see that I mentioned last chapter (or the one before, I don't remember) that I'm going to post twice a week; on Tuesdays and Saturdays. If I miss a day I will NOT post the next day; it will be easier on me and my readers if you know what days to check, and if there's no new chapter, you'll know not to bother checking again until the next scheduled update. Of course, the time zone difference between us might make my Tuesday the equivalent of your Wednesday or vice versa (as I don't know where you live), and I could post super late in the day depending on my schedule, but at least it will give you an idea. Now, if you WANT to check every day that's up to you. I don't mind. :-) (holds up my 2000 mitigation shield against her spork)
 
Dutchfangirl: (whistles innocently) What? Oh, if you didn't like the cliffhanger on the last chapter, I'm sure you didn't like this one... ^_~ Now, if this was a story by my best friend ZabJade (aka VegetaPet, or whatever current nom-de-plume she's using), I can guarantee he'd be dead or at least horribly disfigured. The more she likes a character the more she likes to torment him, and Vegeta is her absolute favorite. ^_^ I'll kill a character if necessary for the story, but only if it serves a purpose. (As anyone who read the story “Crossed Paths” that I started writing several years ago would know.) Of course, the purpose here could be to cause a lot of angst for Trunks and Bulma, for all you know... ^_^ By the way, it's your review from March that got me started posting this again. Just thought I'd let you know, for all those readers out there that think reviews aren't important, well, I had forgotten all about this until I got that review alert. So everyone who wanted to finish reading this story should thank you for bothering to review. ^_^