Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Sano Diaries ❯ Chapter 8

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 08

Kenshin and Sanosuke have nearly arrived in Nagano when five men dressed like ninjas jump out of the trees and surround them. It was clear from the start that they were sent by Akiyama. The ninjas' style of fighting was similar to that of the guys who tried to kidnap Sakura.

Kenshin: Be careful Sano, these guys are tricky.

Sanosuke: Right!

After Sano and Kenshin disposed of the five ninjas they quickly made their way to Akiyama's base. While inside, things seemed quiet, too quiet. There were no guards or soldiers anywhere. Kenshin thinks to himself [This must be a trap, but we have to find Akiyama at any cost] Finally the two reach the main room and enter. There are about one hundred and fifty guards waiting for them there along with Akiyama.

Akiyama: So, we meet again. Did you enjoy my little welcome present? You will be glad to know that I saved my strongest men to finish you off. Well, I hate to threaten and run, but-

Sanosuke: You BASTARD!

Sano used his Futae no Kiwami to cause a cave in that blocked Akiyama's exit.

Sanosuke: I'm not letting you get away from me this time!

While Sanosuke and Akiyama face off, Kenshin is left to fight the one hundred plus guards by himself. Sano rushes Akiyama but gets knocked back. The battle is grueling as Akiyama is stronger than Sano expected. Almost every advance he makes gets countered and Akiyama doesn't seem tired at all. The fighting continues, both for Kenshin and for Sanosuke.

------------------------------------

Back at the Kamiya dojo everyone is sleeping soundly. At least that is what they should be doing. As Sakura lay in bed she can't get thoughts of Sano out of her mind. Just then her door opens and Kaoru enters. Kaoru sits down next to her and Sakura already knows what's on her mind. Call it sisters' intuition.

Sakura: Kaoru, you couldn't sleep either?

Kaoru: No…Sakura…?

Sakura: I know. I want to go to Nagano too. Let's take the train.

Kaoru: I'll go get Yahiko.

Yahiko was sound asleep so Kaoru just drug him to the train station. The group was silent on the way. Well, except for Yahiko who was still snoring. Back at Akiyama's secret base the fighting continued. Kenshin had made good progress in defeating the guards. However, Sanosuke was in trouble. His energy was wearing thin and he was badly hurt. Sano knew he had to get around Akiyama's defenses and take him out quickly. Akiyama struck him and Sano fell to the floor.

Akiyama: Done already? (as he digs his heal into Sano's injured shoulder) I thought you'd put up more of a fight than that.

Sano grabs Akiyama's foot and makes him lose his balance. Slowly Sano gets to his feet.

Sanosuke: I WILL win this fight!