Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Somewhere I belong ❯ The Kimono ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 9

The kimono

 

         & nbsp;  Anya sighed once more as she entered the training hall/room of the dojo with her bag of stuff. Nobusuke didn't see her walk into the dojo since he was to busy thinking about his little girl and how Anya looked so much like her and yet did not at the same time.  Nobusuke sighed he so very much missed his little girl but then again she wasn't so little anymore she should be two years younger then Anya he figured then again he had pasted away when she was a little girl but he also knew she would be two years younger then Anya since he was at least going to try and send Anya that far back into time. Nobusuke was so caught up with his thoughts that as he floated towards the door he passed right throw Anya as she stood in the doorway watching him intently.

 

"Nobusuke?" Anya asked slightly worried about the old ghost.

 

         & nbsp;  Nobusuke stopped and turned around to see Anya staring at him with what looked like concern etched in her eyes. Nobusuke smiled as he floated over towards Anya.

 

"Have you made your decision?" Nobusuke asked.

"Yes, I have Nobusuke." Anya said with a smile.

"And?" Nobusuke asked.

"I have chosen to except your gift I will go to the Meiji Era." Anya said with an even bigger smile.

"I'm so happy you have chosen to except my gift." Nobusuke said smiling back at Anya.

"I want to find this guy that's been plaguing my thoughts for the past couple of days and I think he's in the Meiji Era." Anya said still smiling.

"Oh, so your excepting my gift to find out who this unknown guy is?" Nobusuke asked somewhat sadden.

"Not exactly my foster parents/guardians…" Anya stopped talking and turned away from Nobusuke.

 

         & nbsp;  Nobusuke was a little confused by Anya's sudden stop as he floated towards where she was now staring sadly out the dojo doors. 'I wander why she looks so… sad' Nobusuke wandered to himself. Anya was a little preoccupied with her thought to notice the concern growing in Nobusuke's aged eyes as he watched her quietly. When Anya finally looked up she was a little surprised to see that Nobusuke was no longer behind her but in front of her watching her with concern lacing his fetchers, Anya sighed she knew she had caused that look on Nobusuke's face and so she figured she'd explain why she stopped so suddenly.

 

"I'm sorry Nobusuke." Anya said with a sad smile.

"What is wrong dear Anya?" Nobusuke asked.

 

         & nbsp;  Anya sighed she knew what she had to do and yet she didn't want to tell anyone that she was dearly hurt by her foster parents words because she really liked living with the Yoshizaki's in there home she liked having a family again, but that was in her past now she was going to start anew with as few problems as possible but she knew there would be problem that was just how life was full of mystery and wonder all at the same time.

 

"My foster parents don't want me around anymore and I guess I don't want to cause them anymore trouble then I already have." Anya said sadly.

"Oh miss Anya." Nobusuke said softly.

"It's alright, Nobusuke I know I caused them pain, misery and sorrow. Its my turn to repay them by leaving." Anya said sadly as she walked over to her backpack.

 

         & nbsp;  Nobusuke didn't quit understand why Anya was so hard on her self for all the things she's done wrong in her life.  He figured she had done things she shouldn't have and yet she didn't seem to see the good things that she did, by being apart of a couples life not because she had to but because her parents deemed them fit to take care of there little girl, whom they knew could give there daughter a loving home to come home to everyday. With a soft sigh Nobusuke floated over to Anya as she brought out what looked like and old fashion kimono out of her backpack.

 

"This was my mothers." Anya said quietly running her hand over the fabric.

 

         & nbsp;  Nobusuke was speechless as he watched Anya carefully unfold the kimono in her lap, but that's not why he was speechless oh no it was because of the emotions flying through Anya's eyes as she held the kimono close that caught him off guard. Anya sighed she loved this kimono her mother had worn it once for the annual spring festival several months before the accident that took their lives over ten years ago.

 

-Flash back-

 

            Miss Nemoto was busy getting ready for the annual spring festival in down town Tokyo. She and her husband would be attending the festival with their daughter Anya like they did every year since Anya was old enough to go with them.

 

"Mom you look beautiful." Anya said smiling at her mother.

"Thank you, Anya. Now where is your father?" Miss Nemoto asked.

"I think he's down stairs waiting for us." Anya said still smiling at her mother.

"Well come on then we mustn't keep him waiting." Miss Nemoto said taking her ten year olds hand.

 

-End flash back-

 

         & nbsp;  Nobusuke continued to watch Anya as she finished unfolding the kimono and was surprised to see a single tear slide down Anya's cheek as she looked at the kimono.  Anya was very pleased that the kimono was not damaged when she finally unfolded it she decided she should probably show Nobusuke the kimono that she held very dearly.  Anya began to stand up to show Nobusuke the kimono when she had an ever better idea.

 

"I'll be right back." Anya said as she walked off toward the door leading to another part of the old dojo.

 

         & nbsp;  Nobusuke was slightly confused but decided not to think to much about what she was doing since he had a pretty good idea that she was probably going to put the kimono on and modal it for him, just like his little girl use to do before he had past away. Anya walked out into the hall of the dojo and looked around 'uh, wonder which room would be safest' Anya thought to herself as she opened one of the old creaky dojo doors. After a while Anya finally found a room that looked to be the safest and the cleanest which actusually kinda surprised her especially since this dojo has been abandoned for at least several centuries maybe not that long but yea never know.  Anya looked at the kimono and sighed she's never put on a kimono before now so this could take her some time to figure out even how to put it on.

         & nbsp;  Nobusuke was waiting patiently for Anya to return from where ever it was she had headed off to that he hardly noticed that it was snowing outside of the dojo.  Anya had finally figured out how to put the kimono on after what seemed like an hour to her even though in reality it was only a couple minutes as she finished tying the sash around her waist she looked out the window at the falling snow 'uh, its snowing but then again it is December after all' Anya thought to her self as she walked carefully back to the main room of the door, where she left Nobusuke, not to long ago. As Anya re-entered the training hall/room she was taken back by the sight of Nobusuke still floating where she had left him.

 

"Nobusuke?" Anya asked gently.

 

         & nbsp;  Nobusuke turned around at the sound of Anya's sweet and gentle voice that he wasn't fully prepared to see Anya look so very much like his little girl of course there were a lot of difference between Anya and his daughter Kaoru Kamiya.

 

End chapter 9