Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Somewhere I belong ❯ Anya's Choice ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author Notes: Sorry so late on the update but I have been busy with work and the move and all so I'm really super sorry.

Now on with the story!

`*`*`*`*`*`*`*`*`*`*`*`*`*`*`*`*`*`*`*`

Chapter 8

Anya's Choice

Anya awoke that fallowing morning fully refreshed even though that same dream came back shortly after she went back to sleep but oh well she had made up her mind she was going to except Nobusuke's gift just to get down to the bottom of who this young man was that plagued her dreams. Anya got out of bed and went to her closet to find something to wear plus to find that traditional kimono her mother gave to her before she died. When Anya found everything she was looking for she put on a pair of faded blue jeans and a tee-shirt just so her guardians/foster parents wouldn't get to suspicious about her leaving for good this time. Anya exited her room and headed downstairs to the kitchen to grab a bit to eat before she left, upon entering the kitchen Mrs. and Mr. Yoshizaki were drinking their morning coffee and reading the morning paper together well kinda Mrs. Yoshizaki had the sale section while Mr. Yoshizaki had the sports section.

"Morning." Anya said as she headed to the refrigerator.

"Morning dear." Mr. Yoshizaki said taking a sip of his coffee.

"How did you sleep?" Mrs. Yoshizaki asked looking up from her part of the paper.

"Pretty good." Anya said rubbing her right cheek lightly.

"Is something wrong Anya?" Mrs. Yoshizaki asked concerned.

"Everything is fine." Anya said smiling.

Mrs. Yoshizaki let the subject slide for the time being knowing full well not to pry into Anya's life to much. Anya was relieved when Mrs. Yoshizaki didn't ask her anymore question. Anya finished grabbing the orange juice out of the fridge and placed it on the counter while she went to the cupboard to get a glass. When she had found herself a glass she headed back over to the counter, on which the OJ was still sitting on, pouring herself a glass she put the OJ back in the fridge and headed back up stairs to her room to finish gathering her stuff she was taking with her to the Meiji era.

*At the Dojo

Else where in the city Nobusuke was waiting at the dojo for Anya to arrive and tell him if she chose to except his gift or to decline his gift. Nobusuke was really hoping that Anya chooses to accept his gift but then again he also wanted her to make the decision on her own with out any interference from the outside world. 'Anya will fit in I know she will and hopefully her and my daughter meet and become friends' Nobusuke thought as he floated through the dojo. Nobusuke watched from one of the windows as the city around the dojo come to life as everyone and everything started to come to life.

*At Anya's home

Anya finished gathering the things she thought she would need while in the Meiji era but then again she wasn't a hundred percent sure she was even going to stay that long in the Meiji era since all she wanted to know was who the handsome young man that plague her dreams was and why he was now constantly on her mind. 'I have to know who he is' Anya thought to herself as she looked out the window. Anya decided that she would write a note to her foster parents telling them not to worry and that she was thankful for everything they had done for her since her parents had died.

'Dear Mrs. and Mr. Yoshizaki,

Thank you for everything you have done over the years for my sake. Please don't come looking for me I don't want my burden to be yours as well. I'm sorry for all the pain I have caused you these past couple of months and I guess this is my way of repaying you I've gone to find somewhere I truly belong weather it be in this era or not I will find my one true place. I will never forget all the kindness you have always shown me.

Thank you so very much,

Anya Nemoto-Yoshizaki'

Anya finished writing her letter to the Yoshizaki family and placed it on her pillow, with a sigh she grabbed her bag of stuff and headed downstairs quietly. When Anya stopped at the bottom of the stairs she heard nothing not the sound of a newspaper being turned or the sound of quiet talking she heard absolutely nothing. Anya walked to the front door and opened it quietly and shut it in the same manor as not to make a sound to alert the other occupants of the house of her departure. Anya walked down the driveway noticing that the Yoshizaki's car was missing she assumed that they had gone to the store or something of that sort while she was in her room. As she walked through town towards the dojo she noticed everyone seemed to be more concerned with their own problems to even take notice of her as she walked past them. When Anya arrived at the dojo she saw Nobusuke floating through the old dojo in what looked like a pacing manor. Anya sighed she would finally be able to find out who this young man was the plagued her thoughts night and day.

End chapter 8