Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Sailor Moon: Another Destiny ❯ Scene 2 - Part 2 ( Chapter 12 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

AnimePrincess: I'm so sorry everyone! I know I haven't update in such a long while but I been so busy with work and school. I never found the time but don't worry it won't stop me for updating any of my fics. I will keep on writing until I finish. Here it is finally Scene 2: In Search of the Stones, Part 2: Sailor Mars.
 
 
 
 
Sailor Moon: Another Destiny
 
 
Scene 2: In Search of the Stones
 
 
Part 2: Sailor Mars
 
 
 
This story begins with Sailor Mars investigating in the country called Nepal. She was standing in the middle of a humble city called Lasa. “So this is the city of Lasa. The stone I have to return for Mamoru-san is around here somewhere” said Sailor Mars as she started to look around. Just then Mars got these sudden jolt threw her body. “What was that? I feel a surge of evil energy. I wonder where it came from…” Sailor Mars search half of the city for the surge of evil energy until she came upon a rather large temple. “Somehow, this temple looks a bit… For now, I'll go and investigate it.” With that said Mars went inside the temple not knowing she was being watched by the unknown.
 
 
Within the temple Sailor Mars begins to look around until she came across a golden chest and on top of it was a shiny red stone. “These… That surge of evil energy must be coming from that jewel. But why is such an evil thing is in a holy temple like this?” Mars wonder as she got a closer look. Just then she heard sounds of foot steps and turn around to see a group of male village dwellers. “What are you doing there!? This room is off-limits!” one said. Mars didn't answer because she could tell these men we're not human. “You must be trying to get our treasure stone, the Gemetus Ruby. Die!!” and with that the group of male village dwellers began their attack on Mars.
 
 
So with no hesitations Mars starts her attack. “Burning Mandala” Mars calls as she moves her hand in a counterclockwise circle with fire trailing behind her. A circle with six spheres, each with kanji symbols on them is formed behind her. She holds her hands together and the sphere come to her, and rings of golden fire are launched at the male villagers. Instantly they were turn to ashes. “I had a feeling they were Youmas. But why would there be Youmas here?” questioned Mars. Then another group of Youmas appeared. “What! There are more of them.” But before Sailor Mars could do another attack a sudden surge started to come over her body. “What the… I… I can't move my body!!” said Mars as she felt a sudden glow coming from behind her. Mars struggled to turn around and when she did she saw the red jewel glowing. “Wh…what… Th…that stone…”
 
 
Now it was the Youmas chance to attack. So they combine their powers and attack Mars with one powerful blow which caused Mars to fall to the ground in great pain. `Chi, it's hopeless… I can't even think straight… Is this the end for me?' thought Mars as she passed out. Just when the Youmas were closing in for the finally blow when a guy with short dark blue hair wearing small hat came and defeated all the Youmas with no problem. Then he went up to Sailor Mars to see of she was ok. “Are you ok?” he asked Sailor Mars. Mars looked up to face the man who saved her but she was so weak her vision was a little hazed. “Jadeite… No…who are you?” asked Mars. “My name is Faregg. What's your name?” “My name is Sailor Mars…” was all Mars could say before she passed out again.
 
 
“It's dangerous here. I better take her back to my place.” Faregg picked Mars up into his arms and carried her out the temple and out of the village. Faregg took Mars to another village called Yaga which was located just on other side. When he finally arrived in the village went inside a small little house were put Mars to rest.
 
 
~In Faregg's house~
 
 
Mars finally woke up to realize she was no longer in the temple but a small home in a soft bed. “What is this place?” wondered Mars as she looked around. Just then Faregg walked into the room to see Mars was finally wake. “Are you alright? I was worried when you suddenly collapsed.” “Is that so? Thank for you help” Mars said as she expressed gratitude to Faregg. “No problem! Well, I have to go to the elder's house. Please rest some more” said Faregg as he was about to leave. “Wait! Please take me with you” Mars pleaded as she got out the bed to put back on her red high heel shoes. “Alright, if you insists but try not to push yourself?” Faregg concerned. “Don't worry! I'm fine! I would like to meet this elder you speak of.” Faregg took Mars along with him to the elder's house.
 
 
`For a moment I thought Faregg looked just like Jadeite but I'm guessing it was just my imagination' thought Mars she as looked to Faregg from behind. Mars and Faregg arrived to a house that was quite different from the others with no doubt it was the elder's house. Mars and Faregg walked in together and went to a room where they saw an old man sitting at the edge of the bed holding a long cane. Telling from his looks he must be the elder. “You're the elder of Yaga Village” asked Mars to the old man. “That I am! Are you feeling better now?” asked the elder. “I'm much better, thanks to Faregg.” “Indeed… but why were you all alone in that place” Faregg asked.
 
 
“I'm sorry but I can't tell you my reason” Mars protest because she couldn't let them know what her true intension was. “Well, if you don't mind, I need to know something” asked the elder. “Yes, go right ahead” Mars politely insisted as she turned her attention back to the elder. “Why did you come to this place?” the elder asked. “Someone important to me is very ill. For him to recover a need a special stone called “Jadeite” Mars answered to the elder. The elder turn to Faregg, “Faregg, have you ever heard of such a stone?” “No, but maybe we could ask the high priest at the Takara Kuhp temple.” “Where is this temple of Takara Kuhp?” Mars asked Faregg. Faregg turned to Mars with a slight grin, “That was the temple you were at before.” “Oh I see!” said Mars making an uneasy face as she remembered what happen in that certain temple, “But, if the priest in that temple have some knowledge about the “Jadeite” stone then I must return to that temple.”
 
 
“But I don't think it safe for you to go alone. Let me go instead” Faregg insisted. “But it might be too dangerous for you as well. The enemy wouldn't think twice about killing you.” Faregg just smile at Mars consideration. “Alright, how about we go together, I'll guide you safety to the Lasa village. That's where the temple is located.” Mars nodded her head in understanding as she agreed to Faregg terms. And with that she and Faregg bid the elder good bye as they went on their way.
 
 
Mars and Faregg traveled a not too long distance from Yaga village because Lasa Village was just on the other side. When Mars and Faregg finally reach Lasa Village they headed straight for the temple but not before speaking to the guard. Faregg explained the situation to the guard and he let them pass.
 
 
~In Takara Kuhp Temple~
 
 
Once inside Mars and Faregg walk around trying to locate the priest who dwells in the temple. “That's odd, he's usual here” said Faregg. Mars and Faregg looked around the temple to see where the priest was located until they came upon a strange looking figurine. When they got a closer look Faregg realized who it was, “Oh no, It's the High Priest!! What's going on? He's been turned to stone!” “Who could've done such a thing?” Mars wondered in disbelief. “I'm not sure but the high priest doesn't seem to be dead?” replied Faregg “That's good to hear but I wonder if the high priest is safe here?” “Mars, you just gave me an idea. If I can analyze the high priest's thoughts, maybe we'll know how to transform him back.”
 
 
Faregg started to concentrate his thoughts with the high priest within the stone. “I understand…the Gemetus Ruby. The Gemetus Ruby is the key into freeing the high priest from his stone chamber” said Faregg as he turns to Mars. “Of course, the surge of evil energy was from that ruby! That Gemetus Ruby must have turned the high priest to stone” Mars said realizing the cause of why the high priest was turn to stone. Mars and Faregg headed towards the ruby but when they got there, the ruby started to float into the air. “Ah! The ruby…it's floating” said Mars in astonishment.
 
 
The floating ruby passed threw Mars and Faregg and into the center. Once in the center the ruby started to glow a dark red flare and within the ruby came out an evil spirit. The evil spirit that appeared before Mars and Faregg was the negative source that dwelled inside the ruby. Mars walked up to the evil spirit and knew what she had to do. “So that's the source behind all this. Just leave this to me, Faregg.” Mars went into her pocket and took out one of her small anti-evil scrolls marked “Akuryou taisan!” which meant “Evil spirit, be gone.” She held the scroll front of her as she closed her eyes and began to chant.
 
 
“'Rin, pyou, tou, sha, kai, jin, retsu, sai, zen.” While Mars was chanting the evil spirit took the chance to attack. “Ah! Mars look out” Faregg screamed out. Mars opened her eyes and fling the scroll at the evil spirit, “Akuryou taisan!” The scroll attach to the spirit's head causing it to congeal in place giving Mars the right opportunity to attack. Burning Mandala” Mars calls as she moves her hand in a counterclockwise circle with fire trailing behind her. A circle with six spheres, each with kanji symbols on them is formed behind her. She holds her hands together and the sphere come to her, and rings of golden fire blast out from her hand which destroyed the evil spirit.
 
 
“I did it! I destroyed the evil being from within the Gemetus Ruby” said Mars. “Great work, Sailor Mars. Now the people who were being controlled by it have returned to normal.” Suddenly a voice could be heard echoing threw out the temple, saying “You may think you've done it, but…” Then right in front of Mars and Faregg appeared one of the opposite senshi, Nergal. “We meet again, Sailor Mars.” “I remember you…you are…” but before Sailor Mars could finish her sentence Nergal decided to speak for her. “That's right! I'm one of the opposite senshi and Anshar-sama faithful servant; Nergal. Sailor Mars… I'm the warrior who going to defeat you.” “What reason do you have against me” asked Mars who was trying to find the answer. “I have nothing against you. I want to test my power to see who is stronger. Now it's time for the real performance to begin.”
 
 
In a blink of an eye; Nergal teleport right in front of Faregg. “And I'll start with you!!” Nergal punched Faregg right in the stomach causing him to collapse to the floor. “Faregg!!” cried Mars as she saw the horrible sight. “I'm taking this guy. If you want him back come to kritayuga!” instructed Nergal before disappearing with Faregg. “Faregg…” Mars whispered in despair as she could only watch Nergal take away Faregg. She knew if she tried to use her powers, Nergal might have killed Faregg. So Mars had no choice but to as Nergal said and go to Kritayuga. But the problem was Mars didn't know where Kritayuga was located. She might have to ask one of the villagers.
 
 
As Mars was about to leave the temple she felt a bright light glowing from behind her. She turned around and saw the light was coming from the ruby. The ruby went inside the stone figure which was the high priest and turned him back to flesh and blood. Once the priest was back to normal, he walked up to Sailor Mars. “You were the one who released me, weren't you? You freed me from that evil captivity. Thank you very much! If you ever need something from me, just ask” said the Priest how great appreciation to Mars for saving him. Since the High Priest said anything, Mars decided to ask him the important question, “Kritayuga…can you tell me it's where it's located?” The Priest thought about the question for a second then realizes what Mars was applying. “Kritayuga is the name of the ruins north of the village called Yaga. Although. Yaga itself is now in ruins. The village of Kritayuga was in ancient times a place of worship for the god called Jadeite. Only that exact place is…” “Wait a second!! Did you just say Yaga village has become ruins!!! That not possible! I was just there!” said Mars think that the priest might be mistaken. “Actually, Yaga village has been in ruins for well over 50 years” the Priest explained.
 
 
Mars decided to not to say another word about because she decided that she'll see it for herself. “Do you plan to go to Kritayuga?” asked the Priest. “Yes I must” Mars replied. “If that's the case, then please take this.” The High Priest gave Mars a special token that would be of some help on her quest. Mars bowed to the Priest thanking him for his help then went on her way. On her way to Kritayuga, Mars decided to see if what the Priest said was true and took a quick visit to Yaga village. When she finally arrived she saw that the village was completely deserted and the entire village was reduced to rubble.
 
 
“This village is empty… How could this place be abandoned? I guess what the high priest said is true.” Mars walked around the village and came to a conclusion that there were no people anywhere. Mars then found herself at the elder's house and when she entered it was the same as all the other habitats. `Of course, there's no one here…' thought Mars as she looked threw the house. But when she was about to leave she saw a spiritual energy trying to take form and before Mars eyes appeared the elder. “Mars-san… This village was only an illusion. This village was resurrected for you…” explained the spirit of the elder. “For me…this village was resurrected… But was everyone in this village a ghost?”
 
 
“Yes, as you are a living human, if you saw this we thought you would react like you did.” “Is Faregg a ghost too? Mars asked the elder. “Faregg is slightly different from as all… Now go to the northern cave, you will find the road to your success.” And with that said from the elder he disappeared from site. “He's gone…” Mars stared at the spot where the elder stood for a moment. When she finally got her thoughts together she left the elder's house and head towards the northern cave, where as the elder said she'll find the road to her success.
 
 
When Mars entered the northern cave she followed the grassy path that leaded the way but when she finally came to the end, she saw there was no way to go any further. “It looks like a dead end.” When it looked hopeless the special token that the High Priest gave Mars started to glow. “Huh? What's this? The High Priest token is shining…? Maybe this token can help me!” The token unlocked a special passage way leading to a road that showed Mars the way to Kritayuga.
 
 
~At Kritayuga~
 
 
Mars finally arrived in Kritayuga. She entered into a garden where in the middle there was a statue of Jadeite. Mars looked to the statue but then saw a tall tower not to far ahead. Mars gathered up her courage and went towards the tower. Once she was in the tower she climb many stairs before she reach the top. When she reached the very top of the tower she saw Nergal walking up to her. “So, you finally arrived, Mars… But you will not be any challenge for me. Now, let's start the battle.” “Wait! In this battle what is your true motive?” Mars asked. “So, you want to know my motives? Well…” And appeared right in Nergal's hand was a red colored gem. “This stone shall go to the winner…”
 
 
`That's the Jadeite's Hi stone. That the real reason why I came to Nepal'. Mars thought to herself as she look to the stone in Nergal's hand. It look like Nergal in cased it in a special glass so that Kage stone won't be able to pick it up. “Wait, Is Faregg ok?” “I'll tell you that if you win” remarked Nergal as she got into fighting position. “Fine, then let's go” said Mars as she got into fighting stance. “This will be over before it even starts” Nergal avowed as red aura started to surround her body. `I can sense her aura getting stronger' thought Mars as she saw the red aura forming around Nergal body.
 
 
All of a sudden fire slowly began to circle around above Nergal. Mars was shock to see this and knew that Nergal was slowly making her move so Mars decided it would be best to make the first assault. Burning Mandala” Mars calls as she moves her hand in a counterclockwise circle with fire trailing behind her. A circle with six spheres, each with kanji symbols on them is formed behind her. She holds her hands together and the sphere come to her, and rings of golden fire blast out from her hand. Nergal raised her right hand and the fire above started to form into a whip. “Flaming whip” shouts Nergal as she lashes her whip of fire which knocks away all of Mars' rings in one shoot.
 
 
“Ah! Burning Mandala…” Mars gasped in shock as she saw her attack was destroyed in an instant. “It's no use. You're no match for my power.” Nergal raised her hand again and the same fire began to snap her whip on the ground which caused little bits of flame to shatter out. “Flaming whip” calls Nergal lashes her whip again. Mars dodge the attack but she load cry from getting burned from the pieces of flames shattering out from the whip. Just then without knowing Mars was trapped in a large circle of fire with Nergal.
 
 
“Now you have no where to run, Sailor Mars. This will be the end of you” Nergal smirked as she snap her whip one more before making her final attack. Mars was now cornered between the wall of fire and Nergal. “I can't lose here. The others are waiting for me to return with stone that will save Mamoru-san. I must do something” Mars thought as the aura inside of her started to grow. The new power that dwells inside of Mars' heart was starting to emerge and she could feel this new power and decided to make it known. Mars connect her arms together and focus her powers. Fire started to swirl rapid around her body and it was starting to take form of a large snake. “Mars Snake Fire” yells Mars as spread her arms out as the snake goes in for the attack. “Humph! It looks like you learned new move but it's not match for me” scoffed Nergal. “Flaming whip” shouts Nergal lashes her fire whip once again. But the attack had no affect on Mars attack instead it absorbed it. “What!! It's absorbing my fire whip” Nergal gasped in shock. Then the snake engulfed Nergal in a large fire swirl which causing heavy damage to and she goes down on one knee. Now that Nergal was beaten the circle of fire was gone and Mars was victorious.
 
 
Nergal slowly struggle to stand up and sent a lethal glare in Mars' direction. “I despise your strength” Nergal as she remembered what happen in Crystal Tokyo, that change her life.
 
~Nergal's flashback into the future of crystal Tokyo~
 
 
Nergal was walking down the Crystal Tokyo alone when she heard a captivating voice. “… Who's there? Who called my name?” wondered Nergal. “Nergal… I am the Shaman, Apsu.” What do you want with me?” Nergal questioned. “I heard your voice. I heard the voice in your heart.” “The voice in my heart?” thought Nergal. The voice spoke again, “You've always wanted to be strong haven't you? So, you've also dreamed of being stronger than the Sailor Senshi.”
 
 
“What are you saying…?” Nergal asked who was sure what she was talking about. “I understand what you're feeling and I to have the power just as strong as theirs.” “What are you saying? Is it possible to have power like that!?” Nergal asked in disbelief. “It's a power which rivals the Sailor Senshi's. I can draw out the power sleeping deep within you.” “I could become strong with such power.” Nergal was becoming more spellbound by Apsu's words. Become strong? From now on, you will be strong. You can prove yourself by battling the Sailor Senshi.” Nergal was now more interested than ever and make her decision, “Ok! I will come with you.” And with that decided a dark ray of light fell upon Nergal lifting her up towards the dark dimension.
 
 
~End of the flashback~
 
 
“Here you go! It's the Jadeite's Stone that I promised to give to the winner” said Nergal as she tossed Mars the Jadeite's Stone. Mars caught the stone then looked to Nergal. “When we meet again, we'll who wins then, Sailor Mars. You are my trophy, and don't ever forget it” Nergal declared nice and clear. “Before you go, please tell me where Faregg is?” “Oh, he's sleeping in the interior room. Later, until we meet again.” And with that said Nergal disappeared from site. Mars put the stone in her pocket and quickly ran into the interior room.
 
 
~In the Interior Room~
 
 
When Mars arrived in the interior room, she found Faregg asleep on top of a stone divan. Mars quickly ran to Faregg's side. “Faregg, wake up! Please, wake up!” Mars cried, “If you're still alive, answer me!” Faregg heard Mars' cry and slowly open his eyes. He then sat up in the divan and looked around, “What is this place?” Faregg edged down from the divan and looked to Mars. “Hey, what's wrong? Your eyes are red?” Mars just wiped her tears away and smiled to Faregg, “I was worried about you! But I'm glad you're alright.” Mars went closer to Faregg to embrace him but when she tried she went right threw him. “What's going on?” asked Mars as looked to Faregg.
 
 
Faregg took a moment before speaking, “Forgive me, Mars. The truth is my body isn't real. My soul is the only thing left.” “That's a lie!” Mars opposed, if it were true, I'd have to be a spirit too just to understand you. So I don't believe any of it. You're not a ghost.” “Really…? Only, I disagree with you. The people of the village pf Yaga were there to protect the Takra Kuhp Temple. Over many centuries, all people came to the village to pray, that's why I'm here. The prayer was my invitation. Faregg continued. “People from Kritayuga were many among those who protected the temple. Those people worshipped Jadeite-sama at the Takra Kuhp Temple. And… those prayers gave us these appearances.”
 
 
“So, they made you look like Jadeite?” said Mars as she fully understands the story. “I'm sorry; these memories are so painful… I should've told you earlier...” said Faregg as he lower his head. Mars just gently shook her head and said “It's alright, now I understand.” Faregg looked to Mars with a smile as he was starting to fade away. “Mars, thank you… I won't forget what you've done… I must go now… Farewell...” Mars watch in tears as Faregg vanished from site.
 
 
Just then Mars' communicator went off. When she looked at the ID code it read Usgai. “Mars, here” Mars answered. “Rei-chan, have you done it? Have you found Jadeite's stone?” asked Usgai on the other end of the communicator. “Yes, I found it” replied Mars. “What's wrong? Your voice sounds a bit strange…” “It's nothing! I'm coming back to Japan very soon.” “All right, see you then.” Mars turned off the communicator and wipe the rest of her tears away. “Usagi's being her usual self…” Mars just smiled at the thought of it. “Now it's time to head back!” With that said Mars walked out the interior room and out of the tower.
 
 
Outside the tower, Mars was walking threw the garden but then she stop for moment to look upon the statue of Jadeite, which made her think about Faregg. “Farewell, Faregg… Thank you for everything…” And with those words said Sailor Mars mission was complete and she teleported back to Japan.
 
 
 
AnimePrincess: That is the end of Mars' Story. How did you like? I really hope you did. I know my grammar is a bit but I'll keep working on it. I really hope you enjoyed Sailor Moon fans. Part 3 will be about Sailor Jupiter's quest for one of the stones. So look forward to it. Until then please, please leave a review. Now I must go! See you later.