Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Musical: Some things Never Change ❯ The Worthless and the Rejected. ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sorry if this chapter may seem a little weird… it was the best I could do.
 
CHAPTER EIGHT
 
The Titans had their battle with Jinx, Gizmo, and Mammoth, and sadly… they were able to save the loot, but they lost the three again, and this time their fight was even worse.
 
(Flashback, to the fight)
 
The Titans had the terrible trio surrounded, but those trouble makers, well aware that Beast Boy was no longer a worry to them, kicked the Titans cans.
 
Yes… without Beast Boy there to at least help in the slightest, one could only call the Titans one thing.
 
(Music cue as the fight begins)
 
“Here I come you over-grown tin-can.” Snapped Mammoth.
 
(Cyborg)
 
-I can't take this kinda pressure
I must confess
to fight another day
Would be just a day
too long
 
(Gets bashed hard into a dumpster)
 
(Worthless!)
 
(Starfire)
(In shorter sentences)
 
-I just can't, I just can't
I just can't seem to get started!
Don't have the heart to
fight all the pain
All that has passed and gone
 
(Gets knocked out of the sky by Jinx)
 
(Worthless!)
(Cyborg)
 
There ain't nothing you can do about it
(Worthless!)
(Starfire)
Pardon me while I panic!
(Worthless!Worthless! (Worthless!
 
 
While that was going on… Lunch break was over at school, and Garfield was already hard at work in his Computer class… much to everyone's surprise that he already knew so much.
 
(Back to the fight…)
 
(Robin)
 
-I come from a long line of heroes
And I got my kicks
from canceling tricks
Every
mountain and country and town.
And that time I never lost badly
But now every fight is not a pretty sight, cuz this team shortage's getting' me down.
 
(ZAP… right in the face!!)
 
(Worthless!)
 
(Raven)
 
“Oh all right… I'll sing!”
 
-I admit I'm pretty grumpy
I must confess I'm impressed how I did
And I wonder how
far that I've came
Now I get a sinking sensation
I've put the past all behind, out of site out of mind
And things are not going the same
 
“Azarath… Metrione… Zi-- AWE!!” (Gets smacked by Gizmo's gadgets)
 
 
Time for another Class change, and Garfield was confronted by Jackie and Jillian. “Listen… kid… you quit following Terra around! You got that?” snapped Jill.
 
Garfield was really getting annoyed with all this. “For the last time… I don't know what you're talking about.” He growled. “Now… please!!” and he walked off to his next class… Arts and Crafts.
 
(Back to the fight…)
 
The titans were really losing now… even the trio began singing.
 
(Jinx)
 
-Never seen anything so stupid.
Never seen anything so stupid.
They kept forgetting, to their heads they keep letting
The thoughts that they stand up a chance.
 
(Gizmo)
 
-When will ever realize that,
Without poor Beast Boy, it's way more than hard
just to even do a posing dance.
 
(Worthless!)
 
 
The Art class was told to design a drawing of a landscape that expressed certain feelings, and Garfield already had the perfect idea.
 
Only he wished Terra's creepy friends would stop making weird faces at him, as well as giving him the. “I'll be watching you” expression.
 
(Back to the fight…)
 
The Trio decided to split… and leave the Gold behind, but the Titans weren't about to let them get away this time. “TITANS… AFTER THEM!”
 
 
(Mammoth)
 
-Look at them trying to get at us
This escape is too easy, in fact it's quite sleazy
Believe me,
this I won't forget.
 
(Robin)
 
-Come Titans we got to catch them
Come Titans we got to catch them
(Starfire)
 
We've lost them enough, and this is getting rough,
we must pull ahead or all hope will be dead.
(We cannot just let them escapeonce again.)
 
 
Garfield was almost finished with his picture.
 
It was a half-and-half portrait of a house in a field. On one side the house was in a meadow field surrounded by flowers and birds.
 
While the other side had the house looking like a hunted theater, with a nasty cold grey skies, a hunted forest, and bats, wolves, and cast everywhere.
 
“Hmm… very interesting Mr. Logan.” Said the teacher.
 
(Back to the fight…)
 
The Titans had lost them… and both Robin and Cyborg were completely steamed.
 
(Oooh-oooh)
 
(Cyborg)
 
-I worked on a reservation
(Ooh… Ooh)
 
(Robin)
 
Who would believe with a trick up the sleeve
they had slipped and had gotten away.
 
(Starfire and Raven)
 
Once we were such a great force
we played crooks like a toy, and now without Beast Boy
The only thing about us to say… is
 
(All)
 
"We're worthless"
 
(Song ends)
 
(End of Flashback.)
 
Back at school… Garfield had already finished his last two classes of the day. Gym, and Kitchen Baking and Cooking. Now the school day was up, but he had no time to slow down now.
 
He had homework to do… he still had to fin that part-time job. He sure had a busy schedule ahead of him.
 
However… the moment he began walking down the street, he was confronted by Terra, who was standing near a policeman. “Garfield Logan?” the man said. “Would you come with me for a moment?”
 
“What?” asked Garfield. “What did I do?”
 
“Sorry Gar…” Terra said. “I just need you to do this.”
 
Seeing as he had no choice, Garfield went with them to the police station. There, he was questioned, yet again, about being Beast Boy, and violating his restraining order.
 
Now Garfield was really getting aggravated, but being careful not to lose his cool in front of the police, he went along with the procedure.
 
He went through a lie detector… and was asked several yes and no questions. “Was he Beast Boy?”
 
“Was he stalking Terra?”
 
Well, since Garfield didn't remember anything about that, all his answers turned out “Negative” He was telling the truth, but Terra wasn't convinced yet.
 
Garfield was given a DNA test, and a Fingerprinting, and all the other matches to Beast Boy. All the results. “Mismatch” so the final result was true… he really wasn't Beast Boy at all.
 
Actually it was because of his DNA change from Von-Richter. Everything had changed. That included his memory being fried of his Titan days.
 
“Okay Logan… that's good enough.” said the cop. “Go on… get out of here. Sorry to bug you.”
 
Garfield left with a very sour look on his face. “Garfield… wait.” cried Terra. She followed him, but surprisingly he was already gone… halfway up the block already… thanks to his super speed.
 
He went back to his apartment, and threw his book bag down on the floor. “How could she do that to me?” he muttered to himself. “I am not this guy, or whatever.”
 
He was feeling a little too agitated to start his homework right away, so he decided to go out and eat something.
 
Meanwhile
 
Terra… who had music class, as an after school program, was really starting to think she really upset Garfield. She was so mixed up she could barely play her base guitar.
 
Jackie and Jillian, who were trying to form a band club… if they could only find a keyboard player, and someone to help them with songs and stuff. Were there with her.
 
“So Terra… heard you took Beast Boy into the cops today.” said Jackie as she strummed her Electric-Guitar.
 
Terra didn't respond to that, but she did ask them. “What do you guys think would be a way to apologize?”
 
“Bet they gave that weasel just what he deserved.” added Jillian as she pounded on her drums.
 
The Titans had gone out for pizza, and they sure had eaten a lot. Apart from missing Beast Boy, and their getting clobbered again… who would blame them.
 
“I can't take much more of this.” Cyborg said. “We've become a total mess since BB split.”
 
“I agree…” said Starfire. “I do not wish to picture what would happen to us if we we're to enter battle without our friend again.”
 
Robin nodded in agreement. “Even if we trained ourselves to beat the criminals… things just wouldn't be the same without him around.”
 
They then all cast a look at Raven.
 
“What?” she asked grumpily.
 
“Come on, Rae… you know you want him back as much as we do.” said Cyborg. “Besides… you know you miss him.”
 
The titans kept glaring at her hoping to get her to pop. “Oh… all right.” She snapped. “I miss his stupid jokes. His stupid face.. and his stupid… stupidity.”
 
“Awe, Raven… lighten up. Will you?”
 
“And why am I stupidly starting to worry about him?”
 
At that moment, Garfield was halfway through his small vegetarian Pizza. His mind was still focused on finding that job, but where would he find it? What would it be like?
 
He just wanted a simple job where he could do what he liked, and help people as well. Most importantly… he wouldn't have people breathing down his neck and accusing him of all sorts of things he never even heard of.
 
Still… decided to head on home and do his homework. It was a good thing that Von-Richter gave him a pension loan to help him provide for himself, but on his way out… who should he bump into, but Starfire, who was returning from the washroom.
 
Starfire took just one look into his eyes. “Beast Boy.” she said. Garfield just turned the other cheek and walked straight past her and out the exit. “Wait… wait!!” she called after him.
 
The other Titans, who were seated on the outside on the upper-level saw her confront Garfield at the corner of the street, and they quickly paid for their food, and joined her… much to Garfield's dismay.
 
He sighed heavily and looked sharply at the Titans. “Will you people stop following me, already.” He said to them all. “What is it about me that's got you so obsessed?”
 
“Beast Boy… we just want you to remember us.” said Robin. “You have to remember that we're your friends, and that you're one of us.”
 
“Yeah right.” Garfield snorted. “Seriously, this joke is over.” he replied. “Look I hope you all find your friend, but please... just stop bothering me, and let me live my life.”
 
He turned and walked up the street. Leaving the Titans feeling real low. “Somehow… they had to find a way to get through to him.”
 
Over the next few days
 
Garfield did feel much better after a good night's sleep, but when he got to school… that's where things went bad.
 
It all started when he got to his locker, and found someone had stuck a note on it which read. “GEEK!!” Garfield was laughed at by people in the hallway, and some people even pitched small pebbles at him from behind while he wasn't looking.
 
He was even silently taunted at during class time, but he was able to ignore it all. The joke was actually on all those creeps and bullies when Garfield got his assignments from yesterday handed back to him.
 
All of them… Straight A's
 
But then… the joke went back to him. Like most cases, or almost all of them, he was being picked on because of his high IQ, his studying skills, and his overachieving earning him more credits that a normal student made every two years.
 
At his rate… he could get all the credits he needed to graduate from High-School in the same year he started. This made him a perfect target for bullies, and yet he was still able to maintain a calm and cool attitude.
 
But that wasn't even half of the bad stuff…
 
For the rest of the week. He tried and tried to find his part-time job, but every place rejected him. Either he was too smart and overqualified, or just because he was different than most people… some employers turned him away without even giving him a chance.
 
Terra did also see how mean everyone was treating Garfield, and now she was actually starting to think that he needed help, but every time she tried to come near him… Garfield and her didn't really have anything to talk about.
 
He still hadn't quite forgiven her for that embarrassing thing she did on Monday, turning him into the police for questioning, and in front of the whole school, plus that being another cause of his being bullied.
 
Terra clutched her books in her arms. “I really messed up bad.” she thought to herself. “He looks so alone… just like me.”
 
Garfield did tell everyone who questioned him about his family, that he had no family. He remembered that his parents were lost to him as a child, and he had a very bad foster upbringing.
 
Now he lived all alone in his apartment six blocks down, near the duck lake. All by himself, without a friend in the world.
 
Terra knew how he felt in ways. She was thought to have been orphaned as a baby, and then found on the street by an old lady who raised the girl as her own grandchild.
 
Actually, her amnesia was blinding her from the sad awful truth. (But more on that to cone)
 
How could she show Garfield that she was sorry, and that she understood him?