Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Not Now, Not Ever ❯ The Boy is Mine? ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Weiss. I keep asking, they keep saying “no!” Not nice! This is a work of fanfiction and is not for profit.
 
Rating: NC-17 for language and later chapters
 
Pairing: Aya/Yohji
 
A/N: It's a fairly short chapter, but fills in some back-story to help us get to the good stuff.
 
 
 
 
 
Chapter 3
 
The argument with Aya had Yohji more upset than he cared to admit. He was growing rather fond of the reticent swordsman and hadn't meant to piss him off. He'd been honest with Aya, but it didn't seem to matter much.
 
He knew that he was attracted to the younger man, but had never acted on it. He didn't think his affection would be returned and he would much rather be friends than nothing at all. There was also the team dynamic to think about. Yohji felt somewhat responsible as the eldest and didn't want to risk anyone getting drawn into a battle should there be a falling out.
 
Yohji didn't even bother with the pretense of taking the Seven. He was going out to get drunk; there was no reason to pretend otherwise. He intentionally chose a club he'd never taken Aya to. No reminders to bring him down. He wanted to lose himself in the haze of cigarettes, alcohol, loud music, and warm bodies.
 
He spent that night like so many others before, drinking, flirting, and dancing. He never stayed with one partner for too long. No one could compare to the redhead who haunted his dreams. Whose voice caused desire to pool in his belly, whose scent made his head light. But it was the eyes that really did it. Whenever Aya pinned him with those violet eyes he wished it were Aya's body pinning him. Those demanding, penetrating eyes. Yohji wanted to be owned by that gaze. Wanted to feel it raking over him like a hot brand that warned others to keep their distance. But, he had a reputation to maintain and though he knew in his heart what he was, he would never submit without a fight. Even to Aya. Especially to Aya.
 
Unbeknownst to Yohji, that same gaze was on him as he molded himself to his latest dance partner. Aya'd been watching him all night, hoping for some insight. He got it, too. `Holy shit, Kudoh's gay. That explains so much. Why he's so guarded. Why he never took me to one of his regular haunts. What he really meant when he said that Asuka was the only woman he'd ever loved!' There had been something in the way Yohji had said the words, like he was willing Aya to understand all of the implications of that statement. Of course, being Aya, he missed it. `He took me to the kinds of places he though I'd like because he doesn't know about me and he's afraid to tell about himself. And now, it'll be a miracle if he ever talks to me again. Defeated myself before I even realized I could be in the running!'
 
The more Yohji drank, the harder it became for him to escape from some of his more amorous suitors. Once or twice, Aya had slipped from the shadows, gracing the pushy bastards with one of his patented glares. That seemed to be all it took to discourage them. Yohji would look around, sensing another's presence, but his reflexes, dulled with alcohol, were slow enough to let Aya melt into the darkness again with his blonde none the wiser.
 
It became increasingly difficult to stay out of sight the longer he watched Yohji dance. He wanted to break every finger that trailed over the tanned skin, bloody every lip that grazed the golden neck, blacken every eye that lingered with predatory lust on what was rightfully his. A single word started running through his mind as he watched more dancers crowd the beautiful man. It was a word that he did not wish to acknowledge, but had somehow insinuated itself into his consciousness. He knew that it was already too late. Because once Fujimiya Aya made up his mind (or had it made up for him), he would not lose. Just one word, unbidden, unwanted, and illogical, but suddenly so very true. Or, at least it would be, soon. Just one simple word.
 
Mine.
 
Maybe tonight. `No, not tonight. Not with the taint of alcohol and all those others who thought that they could touch. Willing and compliant? Yes. Inebriated and impaired? No.' Were anything to happen, he would not have the man whining and claiming to have been taken advantage of.
 
Later, he would curse his hesitation, along with a thousand other things he wished he'd done differently. But, how could he have known what would happen? How could he have known that in another two days there would be no more Weiss?
 
The team disbanded and words once again failed the stoic young man. He never said a word to Yohji about his feelings, not even to say that he regretted their argument. He just watched him go, one word echoing in his mind. This time though, the inflection was different.
 
Mine?
 
`Not now, not ever.'
 
So, he left Tokyo taking only Aya-chan's ever-present silence as his solace. At least, he wouldn't have to see all of the arms and beds in which Yohji would find his.
 
Of course, that peace had been short-lived. Aya hadn't wanted to return to Weiss, but he hadn't been happy on the outside either. He was not normal, so how could he lead a normal life?
 
Back at the Koneko, the anger at seeing the mark around Yohji's neck was the first emotion to penetrate the numbness caused by Aya-chan's abduction. He was furious with Yohji for sleeping with that woman and for being fooled by her. And he hated the bitch for marking his Yohji.
 
And that was it. After months of skillfully avoiding even thinking about him, a half an hour in the man's presence was all it took for the possessiveness to return, with a vengeance. He felt it more fiercely, at that moment, than ever before. Perhaps because Aya-chan was missing he, more than ever, needed something (or someone) to hold onto. Perhaps he'd just missed the man and was realizing that he wouldn't be able to let go again.
 
He truly had wanted to kill Yohji when he brought Neu to the Koneko. He couldn't understand how the fool could have been fleeced by the woman, again! Blinded by his own grief and rage, he wanted only to extract his sister's location, and then gut the bitch for stealing Aya-chan and trying to kill Yohji. The same Yohji who'd protected her, even knowing what she'd done.
 
But in the end, Yohji saw behind her mask too, and he killed her.