Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Awakening Emotions ❯ Unknown Lovers ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

(Note: Duke out of character for the next couple of chapters.)

Chapter 3

Unknown lovers

Kat and Kaiba actusually behaved them selves rather well at lunch and everyone was impressed by it as well because normally Kat and Kaiba are at each others throats either picking or fighting but not right now and hopefully not today. Kaiba was drinking his Ice tea and Kat was talking to Joey about something that he didn't really catch the beginning of the conversation and he thought best not to ask Kat what exactly they were all talking about seeing that he was the only one not completely paying attention to what Kat was saying.

"You serious?" Joey said with wide eyes.

"Completely." Kat said with a giggle when something brush against her back.

Kat turned to look at the only person it could be, Seto Kaiba, who was trying to figure out what the hell everyone is talking about including his little brother. Kat noticed that Kaiba looked puzzled by something. Yes the Seto Kaiba was puzzled!

"Kaiba?" Kat said unsure if she should even ask.

"Uh?" Kaiba said coming back to reality.

"Are you alright?" Kat asked nicely.

"Yeah never better, why?" Asked Kaiba.

"You just look puzzled about something, that's all." Kat said sweetly.

"No I'm fine really Kat I'm ok." Kaiba said trying to sound like himself.

"If you say so Kaiba." Kat said shaking her head.

Kaiba was relieved that Kat didn't ask any more question 'God I want Kat but… I can't have her, she's with Duke Devlin now.' Kaiba thought recalling bits and pieces of the conversation that was going on beside him. Kaiba was so engrossed in his own thoughts he didn't see the one person he wished he could be, Duke Devlin.

"Hey guys what's up?" Duke said cheerfully.

"Hey Duke what are you doing here?" Kat asked puzzled as why her new boyfriend was at Los Loca.

"Aren't you happy to see me?" Duke asked with puppy dog eyes.

"Yeah but still this is a surprise." Kat said looking at him.

"Excuse me Duke I have to go pay the check." Kaiba said trying to be polite.

"Yeah sure Kaiba whatever you say bud." Duke said as he stepped a side to let Kaiba out.

"Thank you." Kaiba said with a nod.

Duke took this opportunity to bend down and kiss Kat on the cheek. Kat blushed a slight shade of pink and was even more surprised to see that Kaiba was red and glaring at Duke. Kat put this incident under 'things to ask Kaiba later on' when she was able to talk to him with out Duke there.

"Kat I took the liberty of getting your check for you." Kaiba said handing Kat her pay check.

"Thank you Kaiba that was nice of you." Kat said smiling at Kaiba sweetly.

"No problem, Mokuba lets go." Kaiba said changing the subject.

"Ok Seto. Excuse me Kat." Mokuba said nicely.

"Of course Mokuba." Kat said as she moved out of the way for Mokuba to get out.

"Kat?" Asked Mokuba.

"Yeah Mokuba?" Asked Kat.

"Thank you." Mokuba said politely.

"For what?" Kat asked totally confused.

"For allowing Seto and I to join you and your friends." Mokuba said honestly.

"Your welcome Mokuba." Kat said smiling at Mokuba and then at Kaiba.

"Yes thank you." Kaiba said with a slightly sad smile.

This Kat also put under 'things to ask Kaiba later' so then just maybe she could find out what the heck is up with Kaiba. Kat was really confused as to why Kaiba glared at Duke and just now why he looked so sad 'Why is Kaiba all of a sudden wanting my attention when him and I don't exactly like each other, other than just being friends?' Kat asked herself not realizing she even though of Kaiba and her just being good friends. Kat shock her head to clear her head she needed to get away from Kaiba for a couple hour and then maybe she would be able to think better.

"So Kat did you miss me?" Duke asked with a smile.

"Uh? Sorry Duke what was that?" Asked Kat not fully paying attention.

"Are you ok Kat? You look pale." Duke said concerned about Kat.

"No I'm fine really." Kat said smiling at him hoping he would just leave it at that.

"If you say so baby." Duke said as he kissed her on the lips.

"Ok you two need to get a room." Joey said laughing.

"What Joey Wheeler jealous? That I have Kat and you don't." Duke said in a cocky tone.

"No but I am." Kaiba said to himself.

"Na man I have Dawn and she's all I need." Joey said with a smile to Dawn.

"And I have Joey." Dawn said kissing Joey on the cheek.

"Yeah real cute Duke come on let's leave before you get us thrown out." Kat said with a giggle.

"I would never do something like that." Duke said innocently.

"Uh yeah sure whatever you say Duke." Kat said rolling her eyes.

Kat wasn't really paying attention to Duke who was glaring at her like 'kiss-my-rosy-white-ass' but when she looked at him she immediately got real nervous. 'Damn remind me not to piss him off again.' Kat thought to her self as Duke wrapped his arm around her waist and she visible flinched when he did so. Kaiba took notice that Kat had flinched when Duke put his arm around her waist but wasn't sure what had happened to make her do so. Yeah he knew her and Duke were fighting off and on about nothing really to important at least that's what Joey had said.

"What's wrong Kat?" Duke asked.

"N-Nothing is wrong." Kat said in a shaky voice.

"We'll talk later then." Duke said in a very firm voice.

"Alright." Kat said scared that Duke might actusually hit her and he has.

Kaiba notice the worry in Kat's eyes as they left the restaurant. Kaiba had never seen Kat so frightened in his life since he has known her. To say the least Kaiba was worried about Kat's safety noticing the look he himself was receiving for Duke.

End chapter 3