Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Awakening Emotions ❯ Fighting to Survive ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 4

Fighting to Survive

Kat didn't live with Cori or Dawn but right now she was really wishing she were with her best friends. See her and Duke lived together and have been for two weeks the first week was peaceful but the second week was turning out to be absolutely hell.

"I didn't do anything!!" Kat screamed at Duke.

"Bull then why the hell did you flinch?!" Duke asked angrily.

"I don't know… it's a reflex." Kat said trying to lie to him.

"You know I love you right?!" Duke asked trying to sound nice.

"Yeah but…" Kat was thrown against the wall hard.

"Don't lie to me!" Duke yelled in her face.

"Duke your hurting me." Kat said almost in tears.

"Then answer the question and I want hurt you anymore." Duke said with an evil grin on his face.

"Yes I know that you love me." Kat said trying to calm him down.

"Good." Duke said kissing her on the lips.

Kat didn't move away from him in fear that if she did so he would throw her against the wall again. So she let him kiss her on the lips, now pretending she liked it was a totally different story 'I'm going to be swore tomorrow, that's for sure.' She thought to her self as Duke let go of her and sat down on the couch running his fingers throw his hair acting like nothing had happened. Kat was safe at least until he found something else to blame her for. Kat was shaking really bad since she was scared out of her mind so she decided to go take a shower to rinse her troubles away hopefully but she knew all to well that would never happen.

*At Kaiba Mansion

Kaiba sat in his office trying to figure out what was actusually happening at Kat and Duke's apartment across town 'he better not hurt her or I swear I'm going to make Duke's life a living hell!' Kaiba thought to him self not realizing he cared so much for Kat. Kaiba shock his head trying to come back to reality when Mokuba walked in wanting his goodnight hug from his big brother.

"What's wrong Seto?" Mokuba asked concerned about his big brother.

"Nothing Mokuba I'm just thinking that's all." Seto said with a smile.

Mokuba believed his big brother so he let the subject go and continued on to give his brother a goodnight hug since it was getting late or at least it was Mokuba's bed time. With that done Mokuba left Seto's office and Seto continued to think about Kat worried that something bad might be happening to her.

*Back at Kat and Duke's apartment

Kat had just jumped in the shower she had remembered to lock the bathroom door wanting to be left alone and she knew that Duke would respect that. She let the water flow over her body taking all of the pain away from her body even though she knew she would be super swore in the morning and that she would more than likely be bruise from her shoulders down to the middle of her back. Kat was wishing someone any one would come rescue her but she learned long ago the dreams are just dreams and no one was ever going to help her get away from Duke. 'All I can do is fight to survive this world and hope I make it.' She thought to her self as she got out of the shower dried her self off and got dressed in her pajamas that were soft against her very swore shoulders. She cringed at the thought of going into the living room but she knew she had better say good night to Duke then have to put up with him coming into her room and yelling at her for not kissing him goodnight.

"Duke?" Kat said very scared of him.

"What is it baby girl?" Duke asked looking at her out of the corner of his eye.

"I'm going to go to bed." Kat said shaking on the inside.

"Alright I'll see you in the morning if I'm not at work." Duke said standing up.

"Ok, goodnight." Kat said kissing him on the lips.

"Love you." Duke said after he pulled away from her.

"Love you too." Kat said smiling.

Kat gave a sigh of relief when she heard his bedroom door shut shortly after hers. That night Kat cried her self to sleep yet again that week wishing that the morning would come and she could go see her best friends and be around the people she knew would never hurt her physically.

End chapter 4