Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Destined ❯ trouble ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

*Disclaimer… I don't own ygo or its characters. But I do own Samantha and Kristol.*
 
Chapter 5
Trouble
 
As Samanthas wounds healed, Yugi got used to the idea that maybe she wasn't all that bad. Her behavior though, was still questionable, speaking in an unknown tongue… one that Yami now recognized but didn't understand. When questions rose about the strange creatures that Samantha drew, she would give them a significant look or remark and would say no more. Other then this though it was more or less normal. Yugi would bring home Samanthas homework and made it out to the teachers that she was just sick and couldn't come to school for some time. Samantha… needless to say was “thrilled” about him bringing her homework… in return she sent him glares and empty threats.
 
In less then two weeks Samantha returned to school. Her presence wasn't missed, and her absence wasn't noticed by many of the students. And as usual Samantha returned to her reclusive ways, though this time she acknowledged Yugi, Yami and their friends. But this tranquility didn't last. Not more then a week after she returned to school… one day she disappeared.
 
“Where do you think she is?” Yugi asked his friends at lunch time. Joey and Tristan shrugged.
 
“I dunno.” Tea` said.
 
“Didn't she come with you guys this morning?” Joey asked turning to Yugi.
 
“Yeah… she's been walking to school with us for the last week.”
 
“You think she's sick again?” Tristan asked casually. Neither of Yami and Yugis friends knew what had really been the problem so the lack of worry didn't surprise Yami. Yugi was silent for some time before speaking.
 
“Me and Yami will check on her after school.” Yugi assured them.
 
`Something doesn't seem right dose it?' Yami asked through Yugis mind. Yugi shook his head.
 
`She was just fine this morning. That means something happened afterwards.'
 
Yamis' silence signified that he was deep in thought… probably focused on Samantha. During the two weeks that she was injured, Yami was the one who made sure she was comfortable; he made sure that she didn't do anything to harm her self; his attention was always on her. When things were quite, Sam mostly drew… during those times Yami never took his eyes off her… he was always watching, his crimson eyes had a soft glow that Yugis' never seen before. But now that Yami didn't know where she was, must be worrying him more then he let on. The first thing that they would do would be to check on Samantha.
 
As Yami and Yugi reached Samanthas home… her front door was wide open. Yami didn't think twice when he raced inside hoping to find her.
 
“Sam!” he yelled, looking around, she wasn't on the first floor… Yami ran up the stairs and could hear her mumbling in that language of hers in the room next to him. Though he couldn't understand what she was saying, he could hear that she was scared for some reason, her chanting sounded like a prayer of some kind… hurrying into the room he realized it was her bed room, she was sitting on the foot of her bed grasping her jewel to her chest so tight that her knuckles were turning white. Staring at a single spot on the floor in front of her, she hadn't seemed to notice that Yami had entered the room.
 
“Samantha… w—what's wrong?” Yami asked quietly.
 
“She knows where I am.” Sam said emotionlessly, her eyes not lifting form their spot on the ground.
 
“Who?”
 
“She'll kill me to get to Kristol…”
 
“Kill?” Yami echoed as he hurried toward her, putting his hands on her shoulders. “Who's gonna kill you?” Sam shook her head before meeting his eyes. Yugi caught up to Yami and stood in the doorway.
 
“I need to leave… if she finds me… if you're with me… she'll kill you too.” She said, dark blue eyes staring into crimson.
 
“Sam… who is trying to kill you?” Yami said trying to make sense of her talk. Sam looked away from him, and out of the window.
 
“I need to find Kristol and flee… I can't afford for her to find you or Yugi…”
 
“Who damnit!?” Yami yelled.
 
“The one who did this to me!” Samantha yelled lifting her shirt enough to show the scars on her torso. “She's coming to finish the job! I need to get out of here and find Kristol, there's no way in hell that I can fight her off myself!”
 
“You'd stand a better chance with us then you will on your own.” Yugi pointed out. Samantha shot him a serious glare.
 
“… I doubt you two would make much of a difference.”
 
“I'm not going to let you leave… your not going out their alone… call Kristol like you did last time.” Yami asked, the look on Yugis face showed that he didn't understand fully… he hadn't believed anything of Kristol in the first place but he didn't say anything… maybe there was some truth to it. Samantha thought about the idea for a moment.
 
“All right… but as soon as she comes… you had best not follow us if you treasure your lives.” Samantha warned. Yami shook his head.
 
“I aint leaving you alone,” his eyes bore into hers telling her that she wasn't going to change his mind. “Me and Yugi have experienced our own dangers before, I'm sure we can handle anything.” He tried to assure her. Sams look was doubtful
 
“Maybe… I don't think you've ever come across what I'm talking about pharaoh.” she said sending Yami a grave look. The two boys looked at each other for a moment then smiled back at Sam.
 
“I think we can handle it.” Both Yami and Yugi said at the same time. Samantha looked like she didn't believe them but said nothing more about it.
 
That first night… Samantha was still on edge, glancing at every little sound that reached her ears with weary eyes. She had pencil and paper with her but her hand never moved, too nervous to steady her fingers. Who ever was after her right now was able to bring this confident girl down to this… Yami wondered what this person was capable of.
 
“Is anyone hungry?” Yugi said from the kitchen, both Sam and Yami turned their heads toward him. Sam shook her head as Yami nodded vaguely. Yugi turned back toward the kitchen and the clang of a pan hitting the stove reached Yami and Samantha soon after.
 
Samantha took her gaze from the kitchen and turned it to Yami for a moment before making a face and looking away, a confused face suddenly flashing across her features.
 
“What's eating you?” Yami asked tilting his head at her.
 
“Is there a parent here, or is it just you guys?” she asked. Yami was taken back by the random question but was glade that her mind was now on something else.
 
“Yugi's grandpa lives here too, but he's been on a trip to Africa for a few months, he'll be back in a couple weeks.” Yami explained.
 
“Oh…”
~
There was silence for another half an hour… Yami was allowed to look at Samantha's art folder as she forced her self to draw something new. As he flipped through the pages slowly each piece captivated him, some were of normal animals, but as usual there were ones of extraordinary creatures that defied explanation and couldn't possibly exist. He laughed at him self… Kristol couldn't exist either. He looked on and near the end of the folder one drawing made him do a double take.
 
It was of him in the time of ancient Egypt as pharaoh… but that wasn't the thing the surprised him, Sam knew that he used to be king of Egypt… but sitting next to the golden throne was a strange looking cheetah that had stripes instead of spots… just like the one in his recent dreams. He was about to ask but scratching at the back door drew his and Sams attention.
 
Samantha shot up form her seat leaving her blank paper and pencil abandoned on the couch and raced to the door.
 
“Kristol, oh thank the Jayos!” Samantha sighed in relief
 
“Sam… we need to leave now…” Kristol began
 
“Who's here?” Yugi suddenly said. He had come out of the kitchen when he heard the door open and when he saw Kristol the plates that were in his head soon found them selves shattered on the floor. Yugi stared blankly at the fire cat for a few moments “You were telling the truth?” he said with a twitch of his eye. Yami nodded
 
“You honestly think I would lie about something like this?” he wondered sarcastically. Yugi was about to reply but Sam and Kristol both made impatient noises.
 
“We don't have time for chitchat! Kristol lets go.” Sam said hopping onto the massive cat's fiery back. Yami shuddered `doesn't that burn?' he thought but pushed it aside.
 
“Were coming with you” both him and Yugi demanded. Samantha rolled her eyes
 
“This isn't your battle!”
 
“That doesn't matter we…” Yami began
 
“You're fools both of you. This enemy is not human; she's my elder sister, a feline just like me. She'll kill anyone who gets in her way… she's already tried to kill Samantha to get to me and I can't afford having two others caught in her wrath.” Kristol warned, her mystic eyes bearing down into Yami's and Yugi's souls alike. `And besides pharaoh… you have yet to remember what you're capable of…' Yami heard those words within his own mind… Kristol was speaking to him alone.
 
“We should go.” Sam hissed into Kristols ear. The tigress nodded and she turned to walk through the door
 
When Kristol reached the center of the back yard she unfolded her silver wings, and with a gust of wind she was gone with Samantha on her back. Yami fought the impulse to follow that suddenly erupted inside him… that was until the deafening clap of thunder that touched down in front of the game den…
 
“What is that?” Yugi yelled out as another clap shook the ground. There was another loud noise that sounded suspiciously like a giant flamethrower mixed with a roar and Samanthas yells.
 
Dashing to the door, Yami threw it wide open… his eyes were met with a stream of flames… a menacing laugh echoed from the fire as a cat out of hell stepped forward.
 
The lioness was completely black except for the red lightning shaped strips that glowed yellow along her body. From her head to her tail were three rows of silver spins, the ones on the tip of her tail were a good six inches longer then the rest. Golden spines lined the back sides of each leg. On the knuckles of her front paws were more golden spikes. With her red and black dragon wings spread, there was lightning striking all around her… each bolt had an unnatural reddish gleam. Her black fangs dripped with poison and her golden eyes shone with utter hatred toward Kristol…
 
“Lost your touch I see.” the thunder cat sneered. Kristol didn't answer, but her mouth was open with fangs showing… a ball of light and flames building with in them. Samantha was still on Kristols back. Sitting up as high as she could with her hands in fists.
 
“She's just testing you!” she yelled out confidently
 
“We'll see” said the enemy, and then in a flash of light the demon cat shot forward… just as fast Kristol let loose her flame. The sound was defining Yami could barely here what Kristol had started to say.
 
“This is between me and you! Leave her out of this Agwana!” Kristol bared her teeth, her ears folded flat against her head. The flames on her back seemed to dance with her words, flickering madly with each growl, each word. Agwana's lightning seemed to be doing the same thing but the hell cat was grinning
 
“You and me both know that this is the girls fight as much as yours.” She said casually.
 
“No! Samantha as yet to learn all her powers, you can't!” Kristol pleaded. Yami could see Samanthas muscles tighten from where he stood… Kristol seemed to catch what she had said as well… only too late. Agwana laughed.
 
“Aha… she doesn't now? Tisk, tisk Kristol as my sister I would think you should know me better then that… so Sammy dear what is it that you know?” she challenged. Samantha growled… it was inhuman, animalistic.
 
“Sam no!” Kristol pleaded, moving her wings to block Sam from Agwana. But Samantha didn't listen. In a matter of seconds a black raven flew from Sam's place. The bird dodged a bolt of lightning that came from the gray sky and as it landed on the road in another second it turned into a black and gold dog… that very same dog that Yami had seen before… was Sam… that dog? His suspicions were proven right when the dog spoke with Sam's voice.
 
“Come and get me.” She egged on as she turned yet again into another animal this time a cheetah; she raced around Agwana in a flash of yellow fur. After getting behind her she turned back into a human. Her eyes were gold for a matter of a second before flashing back to their dark blue.
 
Agwana turned with a growl and tried to strike again. Sam turned into another bird and disappeared into the dark sky. With a roar the night lit up and a black and gold falcon was suddenly visible in the flashing light. One bolt of lightning struck Sams wing and she fell to the ground… but before reaching the pavement Kristol caught her in her jaws and let Sam down gently.
 
When Sam turned back into a human her sleeve was charred and her hand was clutched on a burnt spot on her arm but Samanthas glare didn't falter.
 
“Wow Sam, you've come a long way since the last time I met with you… unless you didn't change into some animal then.” Agwana mocked.
 
“You caught me off guard! You filthy flea-bitten…” Sam retorted with arrogance.
 
“You? The Avorr Sotay caught off guard… that's a new one.” Agwana faked awe… Samantha looked utterly outraged.
 
“How dare you call me by that title!? You were banished, you have no right to speak that sacred tongue!” she yelled
 
“Oooo, I'm hurt…” Agwana sighed childishly… then her eyes flashed “you'll pay.”
 
As lightning shot around her Agwana leapt into the air, Kristol followed suite with a whirlpool of flames beneath her wings. The lion dodged the tiger and released her claws as she dove toward Samantha… the black claws and the golden spines above created double rows of flesh tearing arsenal. Sam swept past her just in time but as Agwana touched the ground she swung her spiny tail at Sams back.
 
Thick crimson blood stained the asphalt as Samantha fell to the ground with a faint groan. Kristol let loose another stream of fire to ward off her sister before attempting to reach Sam. Yami was already at Samantha's side trying to stop the bleeding but with little success. Sam's skin began to pale, her breathing barley heard…
 
Then darkness…
 
*ha! I managed to make this chapter longer then the last one! I'm so happy for myself ^_^ any ways… I'm not sure exactly where I'm going with this fic. I combined my own book that I'm working on with the ygo characters but the book series is like 8 books long… so I'm trying to compress it and I'm not sure how or where I should stop… XD I don't want to make this fic too long, it may get on peoples nerves…any ways Yami and Yugi replace two brothers in my book named Kage and Drason. Yami being Kage, Yugi being Drason, I just played with the story a bit since Yami and Yugi aren't brothers… just thought you'd all like to know that little detail. Please review*