Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Dreamers Reality ❯ Getting Chosen ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 2

Getting Chosen

'Here I was hoping to stay out of the Principles office this year' I thought to my self as I walked to the Principles office. As I entered the waiting area I shook my head seeing my sister, JM, sitting in a chair waiting to see the Principle as well.

"JM you got called to the office, too." I asked my sister with a grin on my face.

"Yep and this time I didn't do it." JM protested to me as if I was going to blame her, which I was.

"Don't worry girls your not in trouble." Mrs. Lee the office lady told us.

"Thanks Mrs. Lee." JM and I said in unison.

As JM and I waited to talk to the Principle, Mr. Wells, her and I started to notice all the extra paper work on Mrs. Lee's desk as we sat patiently waiting to see Mr. Wells -key word being patiently here-.

"I'm so bored." JM complained.

"Yeah me, too." I piped in.

Just then the Principle walked out looking for JM and myself. 'I wonder what we did? This is only our first day back from summer break' I wandered as the Principle pointed to us to fallow him into his very large office.

"This way, AJ and JM." Mr. Wells said to us.

JM and I did as we were told and upon entering the office we saw our parents sitting in two chairs in front of Mr. Wells' deck with two more chairs between our parents chairs apparently for us, JM and I figured.

"You two are not in trouble." Mr. Wells assured us as he sat down.

"That's a plus." Our father said.

"Frank?!" Our mother scolded.

"I was just kidding, Marie." Our father said in his defense.

Our mother was a very beautiful women she had long brown hair to the middle of her back and emerald green eyes. Our father was not a bad looking man either; he had short dishwater blonde hair and brownish gray eyes. JM and I looked a lot like out parents, JM had our mothers eyes and I had bluish green eyes completely different from our mother and father, but our father once told me that his mother had bluish green eyes as well so I didn't mind being different from JM. JM and myself had a mixture of our parents hair JM's was brownish blonde and to the middle of her back and mine was dishwater blonde brownish and short, JM once told me that I looked like a guy because my hair was so short and of course like sisters do we argued about it for a couple hours, I finally told her I liked my hair short and I had won the battle this time around; which was rare in its self. As I remembered old times I heard Mr. Wells speaking to us once again which brought me out of my current thoughts.

"I have some great news for the both of you." Mr. Wells told us.

"Really now." JM said with sarcasm lacing her every word.

"Jade Marie Jackson!?" Our mother scolded her.

"Good one JM!" I snickered.

"Akira Grace Jackson!?" Our father scolded me.

"Sorry." JM and I said in unison.

"Its quiet alright Mr. And Mrs. Jackson." Mr. Wells said to all of us.

"As I was saying, I have some excellent news for you." Mr. Wells said once again.

"Do you two remember that foreign exchange program I was telling you about last year." Mr. Wells asked JM and myself.

"Yeah kinda why?" I asked since my sister wasn't going to speak her mind at least this once.

"I took the liberty of signing you two up for it over the summer break." Mr. Wells told us.

"Really?!" JM questioned liking what she was being told.

"Yes, and the great news is…. That you two have been chosen to go." Mr. Wells said all happy like.

"Your shitin' me!" I blurted out.

"AJ?!" Our parents scolded me.

"HAHAHA!! You got in trouble!" JM teased.

"JM?!" Our parents scolded her, too.

Mr. Wells patiently waited for our parents to finish scolding us for our loss language around authority figures all of a sudden. When our parents were done we all turned our attention back to Mr. Wells, as if to tell him to continue. Mr. Wells shook his head at all of us and continued.

"No I'm not 'shitin you' I'm stating the truth." Mr. Wells said.

"Seriously we, AJ and myself, were chosen?" JM asked shock beyond belief.

"Yes." Mr. Wells said with a smile.

"Totally awesome!!" I yelled.

"Hell ya!!" JM piped in after me.

By this time our parents gave up on trying to control our word choices today and just let us speak our minds/feelings to everyone in the room that would listen to us.

"AJ I can't believe it!" JM screamed at me while she hugged me.

"Yeah me too, JM. Now let go I can't breath." I said as I was finally able to breath.

"Do you two want to know where it is exactly you guys are going?" Mr. Wells asked.

"YES!" JM and myself yelled happily.

"To…drum roll please... Domino City in Tokyo, Japan." Mr. Wells finally said.

JM and my self were totally speechless for the first time that day, which was amazing. As we let the new information sink in JM started jumping up and down like an insane person, not that she was that sane in the first place, mind you. As for me I was in a state of absolute shock, because you see I have all ways wanted to go to Tokyo, Japan but the even more amazing part was that the place we were to go was one of the biggest places known to hold Duel Monster tournaments on a regular bases or at least that's what I have read and seen on TV. I didn't play Duel Monsters I just collected the American cards and kept them in good shape I have several ultra rare cards plus a couple secret rare cards as well and none of them have ever been played with or touched by anyone else other than myself or by JM when she helped me organize them.

"Domino City, one of the top Duel Monster head quarters?" I asked still not believing it was true.

"Yes Honey. That's correct." My mother said.

"AJ, this is so sweet!" JM said happily to me.

"I know. I can't wait." I said just as happily until I saw our parents' faces.

JM and myself looked over to our parents they looked happy in knowing that their daughters got chosen to go to Domino City, Tokyo, Japan but they also looked super sad in knowing that their only daughters were going to be leaving them for a year.

"AW, mom dad, don't look so sad." JM and I said to them.

"It's kinda hard, you both know." Our mother said sadly.

"This will be an excellent learning experience for both of them." Mr. Wells said trying to reassure our parents.

"We know that, but… when do they leave?" Our father asked sadly.

"Next week on Wednesday at 10 am." Mr. Wells said.

"Ok, they can go as long as they are able to take their laptops." Our father said determined that we did so.

"REALLY!?" JM and I asked with wide eyes.

"Yes really." Both of our parents said smiling brightly at us both.

"Thank you so much, mom and dad." JM and I said as we hugged our parent tightly.

"We love you both very much." Both of our parents said.

"And we love both of you." JM and I said still hugging them tighter.

Mr. Wells was happy that our parent agreed to let us go to Domino, plus he knew that the Domino High Principle, Mr. Wakatsuki, would have to deal with us instead of him even though he knew he would miss both of us very much.

"I already have your plane tickets." Mr. Wells said digging in his desk for the tickets.

"And I will inform Mr. Wakatsuki the Domino High Principle that you will be attending." Mr. Wells said handing our parents our plane tickets.

"Thank you." Our parents said taking the plane tickets.

"Not a problem. It is the least I can do for you." Mr. Wells said with a kind smile.

"Now AJ and JM you two may go home and start packing." Mr. Wells said wiping at his eyes.

"Are you crying?" JM asked rather shocked to see a grown man cry.

"Yes, and there is nothing wrong with crying." Mr. Wells said through tears of joy and sadness.

"Hey, I have nothing wrong with crying." JM protested calmly.

"I never said you did, JM." Mr. Wells said trying to gain control over his emotions.

"Alright I believe you, sheesh don't have a cow." JM said teasingly to Mr. Wells who smiled.

"Alright all of you outa' here see you guys your senior year." Mr. Wells said shooing everyone out of his office.

As our parents left the office with us close behind, I started to actusually miss LA already even thought I was still in LA I looked over at JM and she had a smile on her face I realized that I should be smiling as well JM and I were going to be exploring a new place next Wednesday so I should be happy not sad right? Well then why wasn't I happy? If you can tell me that you'd be my new best friend even though no one could take JM's place in a million years.

End chapter 2