Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Wish Upon a Star ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

HI GUYS!! Long time no see!! I know! I had a horrible case of writers block and this chap. is only like 3 pages…I'm sorry. I promise; I'll make up for it in the next chapter… Well, Sorry again!
 
Chapter 5
 
“Bakura,” Malik shouted through the open doorway of the deserted house, “I think I might have found something.”
 
The muscular figure stepped through the doorway and leaned over the smaller form's shoulder; a paper hung on the wall. It read, “If you want your toy back, Thief King; you'll have to find me first.”
 
Bakura turned and punched the brittle wall and nearly caused a hole to form in it.
 
“Bakura; would you calm down,” Malik started tearing the paper from the wall; “You have to stay strong-,” he stopped; he had to give a reason. Bakura would never take his advice without a reason. “You-,” he stopped again thinking harder, “You have to stay strong; because if you give up then what will Ryou have to come home to? I- if you give up; how can you expect Ryou to possibly hold on?”
 
“What?” Bakura yelled twisting around and holding Malik against the wall, “Why would you say that? He- he-.” Bakura did not finish; he looked down at the paper in Malik's hand and narrowed his eyes.
 
“Bakura,” Malik started looking down at the paper, “Do you- do you love Ryou?” He asked almost at a whisper. He looked up, he could remember all the times Ryou had told him how much he loved Bakura. He never would have thought that it would come to this though.
 
“It doesn't matter,” Bakura said connecting his eyes with the blonde Egyptian.
 
Malik squinted and looked up at Bakura, “You know it matters, Bakura, you act as if it doesn't, but even you must know it does. If you can't even come to reality with it how can you ever expect Ryou to?” He nearly screamed closing his eyes in anger. It did not seem right that Ryou had spent day after day and night after night wishing that this man would love him when in reality that man did not care.
 
Bakura shook his head and pushed Malik harder against the wall, “You don't know anything about this; so stay out it.” He could feel the anger growing inside him; his whole body was hot with rage.
 
“But I do know something about it! If I didn't then why would Ryou come to me instead of anyone else? Why would he tell me how many times he's wished that you'd-,” he stopped and nearly covered his mouth; it had slipped out. Now Bakura knew.
 
“What?” he asked, “You mean he's told you things he hasn't told me?” His eyes burned; this was a feeling he had never felt before. He felt like weeping but at the same time he felt like hitting the Egyptian as hard as he could.
 
“Yes, Bakura, but you could know those things if you'll just listen to him. Stop hurting him and try to communicate with him. Believe me he'll listen,” Malik started looking down at his shoulder. Bakura's hand was still there and now it was burning with pain.
 
“No,” Bakura said simply, “Why would he listen to me? I- I; there's no reason for him to even trust me anymore. I wouldn't blame him if he hated me.” He looked down unconsciously reliving his grip on Malik's shoulder.
 
Malik could feel the tension in the small place growing with every second. He looked up at Bakura and then down at the floor. Something was not right. “Bakura, we need to get out of here quickly,” he said hastily jerking away from Bakura.
 
Bakura grabbed his arm as he walked through the door and said, “Why? What do you know that I don't?”
 
“N- nothing. Just get out of here; it's going to collapse on you,” He pulled at his arm trying to get away from Bakura. “Bakura,” he started, “If you have a death wish then stay in here for all I care, but I don't want to die in a rotten house.”
 
The roof creaked loudly and a small piece of wood fell from above and Bakura looked up. Was someone on top of the roof? He pushed Malik through the door and jumped out the door; the roof slowly collapsed and the walls fell under it.
 
Malik stared and then held up the paper, “At least we still have our lives; and this.” He looked down at it again, “Who wrote this, Bakura?”
 
Bakura shook his head as he stood slowly, “I'm not sure, but if we want to find Ryou we have to look everywhere. So let's get to work.”
 
“Right,” Malik cheered jumping up from the ground, “We'll find him no matter what, right?”
 
Chuckling quietly Bakura answered, “Of course we will,” and began to walk down the street again.
 
Malik began to follow him, but stopped when he heard a twig snap. He turned his head; a figure clad in black stood beside the pile of wood that used to form the house. He squinted and tried to memorize the figures features.
 
Bakura turned to Malik and squinted, “What are you looking at?” He looked in the direction Malik was looking and then looked back at him, “Nothing's there you know.”
 
Malik looked up at him and then back at the stack of rotten wood. Bakura was right; no one was there. “But, I swear there was someone standing over there!”
 
Bakura rolled his eyes and looked over at the wood again, “Malik, did you eat lunch? Did you get enough sleep last night?”
 
“Of course! Well, I haven't had lunch; speaking of which I really hope Marik will cook tonight. It's such a hassle. Oh, this is off the point,” he stomped and pointed toward the wood, “There was someone there. I swear to Ra there was someone there.”
 
“That might not be intelligent, Malik,” Bakura warned, “Ra has strict judgments for people who swear on his name and then lie about it.”
 
“But I'm telling the truth,” Malik started when Bakura began to walk away, “I'm not lying. You have to believe me, Bakura!”
 
Bakura kept walking. Malik sighed; had there really been someone there? Was it just his imagination? “Well,” he whispered, “I have been up since midnight last night. Maybe it was only a hallucination.”
 
He shrugged his shoulders and looked at Bakura. They had to hurry or else Ryou was doomed. Sprinting steadily ahead Malik never noticed the man who had been standing behind him.
 
The man clad in black chuckled slightly and watched as they sprinted out of sight. “Well, well, well,” he whispered, “Seems Leader found a good one this time.” He chuckled once again and walked down the road silently, “And they'll never find him with that brat's help. Never.”
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
“Joe hand me the flashlight,” Honda called out of the tight dirt hole as he reached through the darkness, “Joe?”
 
He waited; not even a slight rustle of feet. He sighed, “Joe? Joe? This isn't funny,” he yelled waving his feet slightly. He felt something squirm across his hand and waved it maniacally. “I've watched countless shadow games and yet I'm still afraid of worms. I'm such a crybaby,” he sighed looking up at the light. Jonouchi wasn't there.
 
Silently he pushed himself out of the whole. He knew it had been a bad idea to go with Jonouchi. The group had separated when they entered the forest and Jonouchi and Honda had been grouped together.
 
Honda should have known it was a bad idea when Jonouchi suggested the fox hole, but not wanting to make Jonouchi angry had agreed to go down. He could not see; it was dark, and he could just hear the spiders creeping up his arms. He nearly screamed and pushed himself out of the whole.
 
“That was easier than I thought,” he said and dusted himself off, but it was still no use. He was covered in mud and most of it was now dried onto his clothes. “Where did you go Joe?” he asked the air in front of him. Something was wrong, but he couldn't quite get his mind to come up with what it was.
 
He turned and slowly made his way through the trees. Where had Jonouchi gone?