Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Wish Upon a Star ❯ Chapter 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

HIYA GUYSES! I'm soo sorry it's taken me so long to update I've had a lot of homework and stuff so I hope you'll forgive me.. Anyway, I got a few questions from reviews last time so I'll answer a few. OK?
 
ENJOY!
 
Chapter 6
 
The room was dark; only lit by the small torches on the walls. The only sound was the dripping of water from the leaky wood ceiling. The man sitting in the chair near the back of the room sighed and looked to his right at the boy lying bound with ropes and gagged against the walls.
 
The man chuckled looking at the boy; he was stronger than he had prepared for. When they had tried to tie him; he put up such a struggle that they were forced to use more force than with any of their previous captives.
 
Loud footsteps creaked through the room and the man looked up as a man clothed in black walked through the door with a smirk on his lips, “The task you assigned has been completed,” he said as he bowed down low.
 
“Excellent,” the man chuckled in a deep voice leaning back in his chair, “Riako, I have another assignment for you.”
 
Riako stood straight but then kneeled reverently to the man, “Yes master?”
 
The man looked down at him and opened his mouth, but stopped when a figure entered the room, “Oh,” the man started standing to look at the figure who had entered the room, “Jonouchi; did you deceive them well?”
 
Jonouchi stopped and nodded his head, “Of course.”
 
“Good, my slave,” the man chuckled maliciously and looked back at Riako, “Riako and I were just talking, if you would leave the room, Jonouchi.” He sat back down and waved his fingers; motioning for Jonouchi to leave.
 
Jonouchi obeyed and walked through the door he had entered by.
 
Riako stood up and turned back to the door to make sure the door was closed, “Sire, are you certain using him as a mind slave will be a success? What if his willpower is too strong? You saw what happened to Malik Ishtar when he tried to do the same.”
 
The man nodded, “The power of Malik Ishtar's rod is inferior to mine,” He folded his hands, “Why? Do you doubt me, Riako?” he asked grimly; glaring at Riako from under his black hood.
 
Riako's hands began to quiver with fear, “No, sire, I'm just concerned,” he answered bowing again, “Gomen.”
 
The man waves his hand as a sign that he forgave him, “Now back to your assignment.”
 

 
 
“Joe,” Honda called placing his hand on the rough bark of another tree; he ignored the unpleasant feeling and scanned the area around him, “Joe,” he called again, “Where did you go you moron?”
 
The wind whistled through the trees and a blue-bird high in the trees sung a song of utter beauty. Honda looked down and sighed Jonouchi had been acting so strange lately. He was always disappearing at the moments when someone needed him the most.
 
Honda started walking slowly; glancing around to make sure there was no one there.
 
“Hi Honda!”
 
A chill went up his spine and he turned quickly, “Yugi,” he sighed in relief, “You scared me, man!” He rubbed the back of his neck nervously and grinned, “Oh yeah, Joe left.”
 
Yami stepped out behind Yugi and asked, “Why? Where did he go, Honda?” He looked straight through Honda's eyes and said, “Do you know where he is?”
 
Honda shook his head and looked down, “He suggested looking down a fox hole; so I crawled down into it and when I got out he was gone.”
 
Yugi looked up at him with anxiety shining in his eyes, “This isn't good, Yami. What's happening to everyone?” He closed his eyes and spun around clinging to his Yami's chest, “Why is this happening?” he sobbed loudly letting his tears drop onto the ground.
 
Yami knelt down and held Yugi close, “Everything will work out, Koi,” he whispered brushing a strand of hair out of Yugi's face. He cupped his cheek and kissed his forehead gently, “Don't worry.”
 
Yugi sniffled and looked up at his Yami, “Thank you,” he sobbed quietly as he pulled away from him, “We have to find them both now, Yami.” He sighed, “What's happening?”
 
Honda intruded in the conversation and put a hand on Yugi's shoulder, “Come on, Yugi; don't lose your happy glow over this. It'll all be ok; right Yami?” He looked at Yami and blinked slowly, “Right?”
 
Yami took a deep breath and let it out; “No matter how much it pains me to say it; it all rests on Malik and Bakura's shoulders. We can't do much right now, Yugi; Honda.”
 
They both looked at him; their bodies shook with fear. It was more serious than they had first thought. Yugi's eyes began to water again, “Why does this happen to us?” he thought aloud.
 
“Yugi!” A loud coarse voice rang through the forest.
 
Yugi's head jerked up and he stared around through teary eyes, “Who said that?” he whispered looking around again. “Yami; who?”
 
A hand grasped his shoulder and he turned quickly nearly falling against his Yami, “Malik!” he whispered closing his eyes, “You scared me.”
 
“Gomen, Yugi, but we thought we'd come back and see how you were doing. Where's Jonouchi?” Malik asked looking around as he stood up straight, “Did he go missing again?”
 
Honda nodded and placed a hand on Yugi's shoulder, “It'll be alright, Yug,” he whispered before standing up beside Malik; “We can all re-group now. It's obvious that Ryou is nowhere to be found in this place.”
 
Malik smiled at Yugi and ruffled his spiked hair gently; “We'll look together, Yugi.” He frowned at Bakura and sighed almost silently, “Do you think we'll be able to find him before it gets too cold?”
 
Bakura's features turned dark and he frowned looked down at the hard ground beneath his feet; it was December, the fifth to be exact; and they didn't have a clue to where he was yet. “If we look hard enough,” he tried to smile, but looked down again, “I'm sure we can find him.”
 
Malik blinked grimly and looked at Bakura again; lately he had seemed so different, so fearful and cautious. Was it because of Ryou going missing? “I don't really understand, Bakura,” he thought to himself, “But as long as I know you can make Ryou happy I'll be fine.” He looked up and said, “Bakura,” quietly.
 
Bakura looked up at him almost instinctively. Malik could see tears developing slowly in his eyes. “You're crying?” he thought, “Bakura, do you remember ever hearing Ryou in his room at night?” He went on without waiting for an answer, “He used to wish on the stars; he told me that he believed they heard him and that they were lucky. Maybe the stars might lead us to him.”
 
Everyone standing around them looked at Malik as if he were a dragon, “You must be joking,” Honda started leaning against a tree; he gazed up at the stars, “The stars aren't going to help us. They're nothing but puffs of gas. How can they “hear” us?”
 
“You can't have forgotten already, Honda,” Yami started looking him over, “How many shadow games have you watched? You should know by those games that things aren't always as they appear.”
 
Honda sighed, “I guess so, but those were shadow games; this is the real world. Those things can't happen in the real world. Miracles don't exist; at least not nowadays,” he kept gazing at the stars. Yami would make this hard no matter what he said; he knew that already.
 
Yami sighed, “Those shadow games took place in the real world didn't they?” he asked eyeing Honda suspiciously, “It's not like you to doubt so many things, Honda.”
 
Yugi sat on the ground looking up at all of them. He wondered; Malik seemed to realize that it was serious, and Bakura did too, but the others seemed to think it was just a normal day. “Do you really understand?” He asked them looking down slowly through his tear-blurred eyes, “This is more serious than you think.”
 
Bakura frowned at him and blinked slowly, “Do you think I don't know that?” he said slowly watching Yugi from under his long, white bangs; “Ryou is still part of me. Do you think I don't still feel his pain?”
 
Malik gasped and glanced around at all of them, “Just like I'm still connected to Marik,” he thought, “Ryou is still connected to Bakura; but if that's true why did Bakura abuse Ryou?” He looked at Bakura shocked and asked aloud, “If you're still connected to him why did you-?” He stopped. He had not noticed the rest of them standing there. He gulped and cleared his throat, “Never mind,” he said, “But we have to get going now, Yugi understands that now; you two should get it through your thick skulls.”
 
Yami looked at him with a sense of authority and scoffed silently.
 
“I beg your pardon, Pharaoh, but it's the truth,” Malik stated turning to leave, “And even though you were the Pharaoh, Yami, that doesn't make you any better than any of us. We went through those shadow games with you and we endured just as much as you did; don't you dare get prideful.” He sighed almost as if disappointed in himself and walked away slowly, “Bakura; we need to move on. If they want to stay behind let them, but we have to get going.”
 
Bakura nodded and stepped around Yugi and Yami to follow Malik as he left the cluster of trees.
 
Yugi watched as they disappeared and then looked at both of his friends sharply, “You made them angry, Yami,” he sighed embracing himself, “Why do you always get so arrogant?”
 
Yami smirked and ruffled Yugi's hair, “I thought you liked that,” he said seductively.
 
Yugi frowned, “You can't always be that way, Yami, I'm not the only person here. You might have really made them angry.” He sighed as the wind blew through his hair; it smelled moister; “A storm must be coming,” he thought.
 
Yami placed an arm around Yugi's shoulders and said, “Don't worry, Yugi, this will all end soon,” he sighed leading Yugi out of the forest nearly stepping in the same places Malik had, “We'll go help Ishtar and Bakura,” he said tightening his grip to support Yugi.
 
Honda watched them and called, “Hey, guys, you can't forget me can you?” He ran after them and thought silently about Jonouchi; was he alright or was he hurt? Was he alive or was he-.
 
“Honda, watch out!”
 
XXXXXXXXXXXXX
 
I'm so evil *evil grin* another cliffy to make you read my next chapie!