Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Elemental ❯ water + fire ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Elemental

A/N: Hello! Just another strange YuYu Hakusho story for you all. I have a new rule: If you like this story, review! If I don't get any reviews…at all…then I won't update and take my business elsewhere. It's that simple. Man, I have too many mean friends who are in the fan-fiction writing business. Anyways, I don't own anything YuYu Hakusho related. I do own all the elemental peoples. Crystal, Shizuo, Mimiru, Shigeru, and Lafiel. I also don't own the elements: earth, fire, water, wind, and sky. I got those from Musashi, but they called them scrolls in that game (one of the best games ever!!!) However, the dragons are mine. Unless they came from somewhere else, I don't know, I just like dragons and thought it cool to represent the elements with dragons. Well, read and enjoy!

Chapter One - Water + Fire

PG

The boat ride, this time, seemed a lot longer than last time. Well, maybe that was because he was asleep last time.

Yusuke Urameshi stood at the bow of the boat, watching the island come closer and closer with each passing minute. There was something going on at the island that he hadn't been able to take his eyes off of.

There were dark, shadowy figures flying all around a small section on the island. The whole time he's been watching he saw fires, meteor showers, rainstorms, smoke, tornadoes, lava, thunderstorms, and then some. He was a little nervous about his upcoming opponents.

Apparently, his team was reassembled after their break up five years ago. They were informed that their new mission was to destroy a demon that used to work for Rando, a physic ability thief that Yusuke destroyed a long time ago. This whole mission bugged Yusuke. He didn't know what this demon looked like, what it's gender was (if it even had a gender), how close to Rando it was, how powerful it was…the only thing he knew was that it would make an appearance at the Dark Tournament.

For the whole boat ride, Yusuke hadn't talked to a soul. He just stood at the bow, watching the strange commotion and shadowy figures, and thinking about how ticked off he is that he had to destroy something he knew nothing about. He was also a bit itchy about seeing his old friends.

Not too far away from him, two familiar figures stood, watching him. They, too, were wondering what type of demon it is, for neither of them knew anything about Rando having a close, personal buddy that he shared his powers with.

"Supposedly, Rando was trying to get to Genkai's power when she had an opening for an apprentice," Kurama said.

"I don't care," Hiei said. "We didn't even know who the hell Rando is in the first place."

"Do you think we should go talk to him?"

"Rando? Isn't Rando dead?"

"Rando is dead. However, I was talking about Yusuke." Kurama stared at his old friend. Neither of them had spoken to Yusuke since that horrible day, five years ago…

~~ short flashback ~~

"Yusuke, why do you fight me?" Kurama was pinned against the wall by Yusuke, whose eyes gleamed red with the thirst for blood. His arm held Kurama at the neck, and Kurama was slowly getting choked to death.

"He's been hypnotized," Genkai rasped, trying to stand up. Yusuke turned his head around, and glared at her, daring her to move. She stood up from the ground, holding her wounded arm. Yusuke threw Kurama to the side, and slowly began walking to his master.

"Why won't you die, woman?" Yusuke growled, walking towards her.

"Just because you're a dumbass doesn't mean that you're dumb enough to kill Keiko on your own.""

Yusuke jumped to her, but her powers didn't stop him.

"Yusuke!" Kurama called out, but he was too late. When Kurama finally stood up without wobbling, and when he could finally see straight, Yusuke was charging at him, the lifeless body of Genkai behind the charging human. She lay down next to another figure, who Yusuke had risked his life many a time in his life to protect.

~~ end ~~

"He seems lost in thought," Hiei said, examining Yusuke. "He seems entranced by the activity going on at the island."

"That does seem strange, doesn't it?" Kurama said. Just then, something flew passed the boat. Kurama just caught sight of it from the corner of his eye. He turned and looked onto the water from where he saw the movement.

There was a girl riding on something that swam in the water a few yards away from the boat. However, she was going just a little bit faster. That wasn't what he saw before, but this was strange was well. He looked up, just in time to see a red blur fly passed him. He was somehow hit on the forehead and was knocked back on the floor of the boat, rendered unconscious.

Hiei saw what happened, and took out his sword, prepared to attack if that thing came back.

Yusuke turned around, taken out of his reverie when he heard someone get knocked on to the ground. He gasped. Hiei and Kurama! What were they doing on this boat? And why was Kurama unconscious? He began contemplating on whether or not he should get help, or help himself.

Hiei watched as the red blur stopped for a second, and fly back towards where he was. It only took him that one-second to realize he saw a red dragon. It was a dragon being ridden by a girl around the same age of the girl that was still in the water, who seemed to be chasing the red dragon, who was being ridden by a girl around the same age of the girl that was still in the water.

The red dragon slowed down to the boat's speed as they came up to Hiei. She was blushing furiously. Her hair was blonde with red streaks scattered randomly in her hair.

Her dragon was a red fire ball. She sat on its neck, holding onto its horns, keeping her head down in cover from its wings splitting her throat. Its eyes watched him, gleaming red with fire.

The girl jumped off her dragon, and landed in the boat, next to Kurama.

"Get Mimiru!" she called, bending down to examine Kurama.

Hiei stood there, wondering who the hell Mimiru was. Was this girl even talking to him?

Suddenly, the dragon nodded, and took a dive bomb into the water, but quickly came flying back up, smoke rising from its body, and cries of pain coming from its mouth. The girl heard the sizzling and cry of pain from her dragon, and immediately ran to the edge of the boat.

"You idiot! Don't actually go in the water! YOU'LL KILL YOURSELF!" She pointed at her dragon with her palm. "I'll call you out later." The dragon glowed red, and turned into light. The red light flew to her palm, and morphed into a red orb that she quickly clasped onto her necklace.

"Did you need something?" another girl called. Hiei took a chance at slowly walking to the boat's edge and looking over. The girl was still in the water, a blue orb on her necklace. Her hair was the same as the other's, only her streaks were blue.

"Yeah, Wildfire took out another pedestrian," the girl said, worry in her voice.

"You don't know what you're talking about, do you?"

"GET UP HERE!"

The girl in the water, sighed. She took her orb off the necklace, and threw it in the water. "Typhoon!" she called.

The water glowed blue, and there was suddenly a dragon. This was a blue-ish dragon with gleaming blue eyes. It had gills, and a fin on its head.

"Spit me up there," the girl told the dragon, pointing up at the boat. The dragon looked up at the boat, and back at her.

The girl with the red hair walked up to Hiei, who was slowly putting his sword away, confused beyond all reason. What was happening?

"Don't worry!" She told him. "As soon as Mimiru gets up here, all will be better…" She quickly turned away from him, tapping her forefingers together. "We can only hope."

"What's going on?" said a voice in Hiei's ear.

Hiei turned and looked at Yusuke, who was standing behind him, staring at the girl who climbing in her dragon's mouth.

"Kurama was knocked out by that girl's dragon," Hiei said, looking at the girl he was talking about.

"These girls are crazy!" Yusuke commented, watching as the dragon closed his mouth, and dived underwater. Hiei also looked down in the water.

"Where'd she go?"

No sooner than he ended speaking the girl came flying out of the water, a blue light following her, that was most likely her dragon. She landed right next to Kurama. She was so close to him that one more inch, she would have landed on his face.

She dug in her knapsack that she held at her side, and took out a water bottle. She unscrewed the cap and poured the whole thing on Kurama's face. He jumped awake almost immediately, but she kept pouring the water, ignoring Kurama's coughs.

"Mimiru? He's awake, you can stop now," the red head said.

"Almost…" The bottle emptied, and the two threw themselves at Kurama's feet.

"Please don't sue!" the girl with the red said. She looked up at Kurama. "He really didn't mean to! I promise!" Tears were streaming down her face.

"If Koenma found out that he took out another pedestrian, out of the ring, he'll get taken away," Mimiru said.

"I won't sue," Kurama said, looking at the two, fear in his eyes.

The two girls looked up, their eyes gleaming with more tears. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" They began crawling up to him on either side of him, too close for comfort, but not too close enough for any contact.

"I guess Kurama really does know how to please a lady's heart," Yusuke said to Hiei.

~~

A/N: So, how do you like fire and water so far? Don't worry; a few more on the way! And then the real battle begins! I know it's so close to the beginning, and you don't know anything about this new `demon' that Yusuke is after, but just take a wild guess!