Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ FAMILY SECRETS ❯ Out of Sight, Out of Mind...(and Body) ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

FAMILY SECRETS

          &nbs p;            & nbsp;           &nbs p; 

AnimeJunkie: *logs onto her computer and goes through her e-mails, reading each one to herself. “What’s gonna happen next?” Good question. “How will Gwen’s powers develop?” Who knows? Oh, yeah. I do. *giggles* “WILL THERE BE LEMONS?!!?!?” Maybe.....*looks at the readers* If I get enough reviews, maybe I’ll write on that will fog up the screen. ^_~

As she looks at the screen she fails to notice the YYH guys looking over her shoulder.

Yusuke: *pouts* Why do all the girls want to read lemons involving Kurama? What’s he got that I don’t got?

AJ: If I told you that, your show would only be permitted to be aired on HBO. ^_~ (A/N: Don’t own it. LOL)

Kurama gives a wink to all the ladies out there and the other guys mumble under their breath.

AJ: *notices the other guys are a little peeved, she gets an idea* Would you like to do the disclaimer today?

Kuwabara: *looks at Gwen all excited* Can we?

AJ: Sure. *motions her hand to the readers* They’re all yours, boys.

Yusuke: Alrighty, then. *pops his knuckles* Let us show you how it’s done. *clears his throat* Disclaimer: AnimeJunkie does not own Yu-Yu Hakusho.....*gets pushed out of the way by Kuwabara*

Kuwabara: *flexes his muscles* ...Or any of it’s extremely good looking characters; LIKE ME, THE GREAT KAZUMA.....*gets clunked on the head by Hiei and slowly falls down slurring the last word of his shameless plug* ....KUWABARA.

Hiei: *looks at Kuwabara and shakes his head in shame* Also the views and opinions of KUWABAKA do not reflect the opinions or attitudes of the YYH cast. Thank goodness otherwise we’d be canceled by now. *Yusuke rolls on the floor laughing in the background*

{...}-Gwen’s thoughts

/.../-Kurama’s thoughts

‘...’-everyone else’s thoughts

Kurama: *chuckles* And now...FAMILY SECRETS.

*********************************************************** *******************

LAST TIME on FAMILY SECRETS...

Shadow: *the black aura grows and billows around his silhouette* I suggest you start with that girl that handed you your humiliating defeat! That bracelet you described to me sounded very familiar. How many stones did it contain?

Thug 3 (Dashi): Seven, sir.

Shadow: ‘Just as I suspected. She has the gems.’ Keep following her until the opportunity to strike presents itself. If she discovers her true power before we obtain those gems, my plan is ruined. THAT MUST NOT HAPPEN!! DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME!!??

Dragons: Yes, Master. *kneel and run out*

[The Shadow’s Lair]

Shadowy Figure: *looks at Gwen’s picture* Soon, my dear. You will either rule by my side as my queen or rot in my dungeon. Either way, those gems will be mine. I gave your mother the opportunity to gain ultimate power as my bride, but she rejected me for her own kind.....A MORTAL!! And during her escape, she took the gems with her. Now you have started to come into your powers; little do you know how much power you really have. How naive you are to your true potential. And how unfortunate for whoever stands in my way. *sinister laughter*

A sliver of light peeks through a crack in the wall and part of his face is revealed....all that was seen was long, black hair and violet eyes.

****************************************************************** ************

[The Shadowy Figure’s Lair-Throne Room]

The ominous figure paces around his room holding a framed photo of Gwen in his clawed hands. He mutters to himself, stroking the image beneath the glass.

Shadow (I haven’t thought of a name for him yet): You look so much like your mother when she was your age. Right down to those few strands of silver in your lovely hair. But she didn’t have nearly the level of power YOU possess, little one. Power I intend to acquire very soon. *evil chuckles*

As he ponders over his possible victory, the enigmatic man who kept following Gwen since she started her trip to Japan walks in and bows.

Shadow: *with his back turned* Hasn’t anyone ever told you that it’s rude to enter before knocking?

Man: My apologies, Master. But I have news of the girl.

Shadow: For YOUR sake, it better be GOOD news. *slowly turns and his eyes emit an eerie violet glow* The Crimson Dragons have failed me once again and I am in no mood to deal with any more disappointment. You, Takei, seem to be the only one who has made any real progress.

Takei: *he starts to morph from his tall, blonde-haired form to his true form-a bat-like creature with pointy ears and fangs dripping with saliva that ate through the floor as it hit.* I have been observing the girl and found out that her powers have started to unlock faster than we have anticipated. She used telekinesis on the Dragons, and on her first day of school she tapped into the power of illusion.

Shadow: Interesting. Has she acquainted herself with anybody?

Takei: Well, sir; she was seen with a boy named Shuichi. He was the same boy she rescued from the Dragons the other day. Nobody important. (A/N: This guy needs to do his homework more.)

Shadow: *starts to pace back and forth* So she hasn’t made contact with the Spirit Detective or his friends yet. Excellent. I want you to continue tracking her every move, Takei. She must not find Yusuke Urameshi or his comrades under any circumstances. Is that understood?

Takei: Perfectly, Master. *begins to change his shape until he resemble an ordinary teenage Meioh High student* She’ll never know I’m there. *laughs and leaves his master’s quarters*

Shadow: At least not until it’s too late. *chuckles*

[Spirit World-Hallway to Keonma’s office]

Gwen and the gang stand outside the doors of Koenma’s office. Gwen stands there looking at the huge door in awe, mainly because of the events that happened leading up to this point. Botan looks over at Gwen and sees the expression on her face.

Botan: *in her bubbly voice* So, what do you think of Spirit World so far?

Gwen: *looks around and watches the ogres run around with files in their arms* Well, other than seeing all the ogres running around half naked, it’s ok. *she looks back at Botan and notices that she has s different outfit on.* Where’d that kimono come from?

Botan: *searches for an answer that won’t freak Gwen out anymore than she probably already is* Uhh......well...uh...

George: *opens the large double door* Koenma is ready to see you guys now. *walks inside*

Botan: ‘Whew! Saved by the Ogre. Thanks, George.’ Okay, everyone let’s go. Oh, and Gwen, there’s something I have to tell you about my boss...

Gwen: What? He’s a baby or something? *walks in and her jaw drops when she sees the figure at the desk in front of her* {NO FRIGGIN’ WAY! He IS a baby; pacifier and everything! What’s next? I better not say it; with MY luck it just might happen.}

Yusuke: Actually, He’s a bottle-sucking toddler. *laughs*

Koenma: *sucks on his pacifier* For the last time, Yusuke...(A/N: Yeah, right.) DON’T CALL ME TODDLER! Now if you’ll all take your seats, we can start this meeting. *everyone sits down, with Kurama sitting next to Gwen.* I’m sure you all know about the thugs who attacked Kurama yesterday. *the screen turns on and reveals the attack in the alley up until they start to shape-shift into their demon forms* These are the Crimson Dragons-a groups of Shogi demons who hire themselves out as mercenaries.

Gwen: *looks at the screen in shock* That explains the strange energy I felt when I saw them.

George: Our sources found out how those “A” class demons crossed over without going through the Kekkai Barrier.....

Gwen: *interrupts George* The Kekkai Barrier? What’s that?

Hiei: *looks at Gwen from the table in the corner he was sitting on* It’s the Barrier that seals the gap between your world and the Demon World keeping the stronger “A” and “S” class demons from escaping.

Yusuke: A guy named Sakyou was using his billions to build a tunnel between the two worlds with the help of a pair of demons named the Toguro brothers. *shudders* He hired a couple of other demons to form a team to challenge us in The Dark Tournament where the stipulation was if we lost, we would be killed.

Kuwabara: Of course we kicked their butts. We won the tournament and THOUGHT that was that, but it turned out that someone had picked up where Sakyou left off. A nutjob named Shinobu Sensui continued the plans for the tunnel; of course he had a crew of misfits hired to keep us from stopping him. One dude named Sea Man almost took me and my school friends out with his power over water, but when he tried to drown us, I developed a new power.

Gwen: *shakes her head* Hold up. You mean you have powers too?

Yusuke: Yeah. I can channel my Spirt Energy in the Spirit Gun and Shotgun.

Kuwabara: And I have the Spirit Sword. But it was my NEW power that Sensui later captured me for.

Botan: You see, Kuwabara developed the power to slash through psychic barriers with his Spirit Sword; Sensui kidnapped him to slice through the Kekkai Barrier and release demons into the Living World, destroying everything and everyone in their wake. Luckily, we foiled that plan and saved humankind.

Gwen: So I take it that the Human World is in danger again. I mean why else would you be telling me all this?

Koenma: You’re right. As George was going to say, our sources have discovered how these demons are crossing over. *uses a remote to change the picture on the big screen* This is the Scepter of Tengu; a powerful item thought to have been destroyed long ago. *The scepter was 18 inches long and crafted in solid gold with a silver dragon wrapped around it from one end to the other. The top was the dragon’s open mouth holding a crystal orb. On the dragon’s back were seven empty spaces that looked like they were supposed to hold something of value.* Legend has it that it had the ability to allow various demons and apparitions to cross dimensions, regardless of their strength or weakness. A rogue demon warlord named Akuma acquired the scepter on one of his raids in Spirit World; the gems he used in it were stolen from a mystical shaman in your dimension. His plan was to use it to open a rift to the Human World and conquer it, becoming the supreme ruler in both dimensions.

Kurama: But as he rode into your dimension, a group of human women banded together to avenge their fallen shaman and destroyed Akuma, relieving him of the scepter. They closed the rift and removed the jewels from the scepter. They hid the scepter in a secret location thinking it would be safe; they thought that by removing the jewels, its power would be gone forever.

Hiei: *turns away* Foolish humans.

Botan: As you can tell someone has found it, but as it is, it can only allow “A” class demons and apparitions to escape. Without those jewels, they can’t release the “S” class ones. That’s what the Shogi were searching for when the ran into Kurama.

Koenma: And why I asked you to come here. May I see your bracelet?

Gwen: *looks at everyone who nods, telling her it was ok* Okay, sure. *walks up and hands her bracelet to Koenma. He examines it thoroughly and looks at Gwen*

Koenma: Who gave you this bracelet? *gives it back to her*

Gwen: My mother did. She gave it to me just before I came to Tokyo. *puts it back on*

Koenma: ‘She has the same energy as those women AND she has the jewels. She and her mother must bet their descendants.’ It’s just a I thought. These are the Nikobo Jewels. They were created for good and to keep the plane separating both dimensions intact. A group of seven shaman had the responsibility of guarding the jewels; they were the Otohime.. After they defeated the warlord, each shaman kept one jewel, making it harder for anyone obtain them all.

Gwen: *still confused* O...kay. But, what does all this have to do with me? Other than the fact that I HAVE the jewels?

An orange female ogre walks in with a tray of drinks for everyone.

Ogre: I figured you all might be thirsty so I brought everyone some lemonade......WHOA!!!

She trips on the rug covering the floor and was about to fall flat on her face; that is until Gwen got that look in her eyes and the diamond on her bracelet radiated that familiar glow. A white aura encompasses the ogre, the tray and the glasses and stops their descent; Gwen nodded her head and the female ogre was turned upright and her tray floated back into her open hands, the glasses of lemonade wafting back onto the tray without a single drop spilled. When she came out of her trance, Gwen saw everyone looking at her with wide eyes.

Koenma: ‘So THAT’S how she saved Kurama.’ Amazing! I was wondering how you saved Kurama.

Gwen: Wait. You mean you had that on tape too?

Koenma: Not exactly. You see when your powers started to emerge, the psychic energy interrupted the visual feed to my office. When it showed up here, all I saw was snow. The only thing that got picked up was your voices. The image finally cleared up only after the attack and your powers subsided. *gets up on top of his desk to look Gwen in the eye* Interesting. It looks like your powers are just beginning to develop, but you lack sufficient control of them. Fortunately, I have someone who can help you in that department.

Gwen: Who?

Koenma: Her name is Genkai, one of the most powerful psychics I know. She can help you control your powers as well as build you up physically. Botan, I want you to make arrangements with her and tell her she’ll be getting a new student.

Botan: *hops on her oar* I’m on my way. *flies out and Gwen looks at Koenma*

Gwen: Ok, what’s her story? *points to where Botan flew away*

Koenma: Botan? She’s what you call The Grim Reaper.

Gwen: *looks at Koenma, looks out the window, and looks at Koenma again* SHE CAN’T BE. The Grim Reaper I’ve seen in books is usually a skeleton carrying a scythe and wearing a black hooded robe. She’s bright, cheerful, cute, and a tad bit perky. (A/N: Just a TAD?) She’s a lot of things, but GRIM ain’t one of them.

Koenma: I admit she is perky, but you can’t ask for a better Grim Reaper to take you on your final journey.

George: Koenma sir? *shows him a clock*

Koenma: I didn’t know it was that late. Gwen, you should go home and get some rest. Since you’re meeting Genkai tomorrow, you’re gonna NEED it. *waves his hand and another portal appears*

Kuwabara: We’ll walk the girls home safely. Someone has to protect them from the thugs in this city. *stands up majestically, puffs his chest out and pounds on it with his fist* A MAN’S GOTTA DO WHAT A MAN’S GOTTA DO!

Gwen: *looks at Kuwabara* Yeah, but what are YOU gonna do?

Kuwabara does a trademark anime fall and Yusuke laughs his head off. Even Hiei cracks a smile and chuckles. (A/N: She actually made HIEI smile? She MUST be powerful to do that.)

Yusuke: *pats Gwen on the back-still laughing* Good one! You and I are gonna get along just fine!

Yusuke puts his arm around Gwen’s shoulders and walks with her through the portal, the rest of the gang walking behind. They appear in an empty lot a block away from Keiko’s house.

Yusuke: Hey Kurama, can you take the girls home? I gotta get back to my place; it’s taco night.

Kuwabara: Can I eat at your house tonight, Urameshi? It’s Shizuru’s night to cook and were out of antidote. *gets clunked on the head by his older sister who was quiet up until now*

Shizuru: Smart ass. My cooking has gotten better since last time.

Kuwabara: Yeah, now we only throw up for 15 minutes instead of 30. *laughs, then stops when he sees his sister’s face*

Gwen: Kuwabara, I wanna apologize for what I said earlier....

Kuwabara: Don’t sweat it. I know you were kidding. *extends his hand* We cool?

Gwen: *smiles* We cool. *shakes his hand but is pulled into a crushing bear hug, she pounds his back hard* YOU’RE CRUSHING ME!!

Kuwabara: OH!! *lets her go* Sorry about that. *chuckles*

Hiei leaves without a word and flits away through the trees. Gwen looks at him, disgusted by the lack of manners.

Gwen: *annoyed* Well, Sayonara to you too! Man! Who put Ben Gay in his boxers?

Kurama: He’s always like that, don’t mind him. I’ll walk you and Keiko home.

Gwen: Okay. Bye, guys.

They all say their “byes” and “see ya’s” as the go off in different directions. As Kurama, Keiko and Gwen walk home, Keiko notices that the other two member of their party were smiling at each other. She decides to give them their privacy and runs home ahead of them.

Keiko: Those two lovebirds need some quality time together. *says to nobody in particular* Cupid, do your stuff.

Gwen: *notices that Kurama is looking at her with a smile on his face* What? *smiles*

Kurama: I was just thinking back to today at school and the girls chasing us. Do you realize that that was the second time you saved my life?

Gwen: *looks at him* I didn’t know you were keeping score. *turns her head and blushes*

While they were getting closer to the house, Gwen took her hand out of her right pocket. No sooner than she did that, Kurama takes hold of it in his hand and gives her a smile that could melt the Polar Ice Caps. They reach the front porch and Gwen turns to Kurama.

 

Gwen: Thanks for walking us home, Kurama.

Kurama: No need to thank me; it was my pleasure.

Gwen: *smiles* Well, I guess I’ll see you tomorrow.

Kurama: You will. *Gwen turns to go inside* Gwen, wait!

Gwen: *turns back* What’s wrong?

Kurama walks up and gives Gwen two of the softest kisses she ever received; one on each cheek.

Kurama: I told you I wanted to thank you for saving me. *smiles and winks* See you tomorrow. *walks away*

Gwen: *waves and says in a dream-like voice* See ya.

Gwen looked as if she was floating when she walked inside. When she did, she brought her fingertips up to tough the spots where Kurama’s soft lips kissed her cheeks and sighed dreamily. She was brought out of her thoughts when she saw Keiko standing by the staircase with the biggest grin of her face.

Gwen: What?

Keiko: I told you he liked you. And I can tell you like him too.

Gwen: What are you talking about? (A/N: What’s that famous river in Egypt? ^_~)

Keiko: Don’t deny it. It’s written all over your face.

Gwen: Whatever. He just kissed me to thank me. That’s all. *walks upstairs* {I hope there will be plenty more chances for him to thank me. *blushes*}

[Later that night- 12:30 A.M.]

Everyone was sound asleep by now. Gwen was in her bed asleep when the opal on her bracelet started to glow. A golden aura surrounded Gwen and a ghost-like version of her sleeping form floated to the ceiling. She looks at herself and looks at her body still in bed.

Gwen: I’m a ghost. Cool. *thinks about what she said* WHOA! NOT COOL!! If I’m a ghost, that means I’m dead! *floats down to her body to see that she is still breathing* Whew, I’m not dead. But how can I be here AND there? *she reaches her hand to touch her own face but it phases through* Wicked! What else can I do? *floats through the wall connecting her room and Keiko’s-she sees Keiko sleeping with her stuffed Pikachu and her walls covered with boy band posters.

Gwen: Boy bands-BEWARE! *laughs and goes back to her room.* I wonder what everyone else has in their room? What about Yusuke?

As if to answer her question, the opal flashed a blinding light. When Gwen could open her eyes, she found herself floating in Yusuke’s room. It had poster of action stars like Jet Li and wrestlers. She wafted to his closet and was floored by the number of Britney Spears posters plastered all over the walls.

Gwen: Boys will be boys, I guess. *smiles* I wonder if Kuwabara’s room is this bad?

Another flash of golden light, and she appears in Kuwabara’s room. It had weights and a workout bench in it, which didn’t match what he had sleeping with him. Kuwabara was on his back sawing lumber and there was his little kitten, Eikichi, asleep on top of his head. The tiny kitten woke up and saw Gwen’s floating, transparent body beside Kuwabara’s bed. Gwen smiled at the curious little feline, put her index finger over her lips in a SHHH motion and winked. Eikichi quietly mewed and obediently went back to sleep on her owner’s head.(A/N: AWWWWW!!!! Kawaii rating: 9.5)

Gwen: He’s nothing but a big softie underneath it all. *smiles* Now Hiei, he’s probably in a tree somewhere so I wanna know about Kurama.

A golden flash of light blinds her again and her eyes focus to witness that she is now in Kurama’s room. It was a large room with a wall shelf full of books opposite his bed. It was neat and well-kept, just as she figured. She floated to his sleeping, shirtless form and looked in awe.

Gwen: He is absolutely gorgeous.

The moonlight beaming in from the window fell on his face, illuminating his smooth features. She watched as his toned chest gracefully rose and fell with every breath he took. She would have been happy just floating there and watching this Adonis enjoy his slumber, but when she saw him stir in his bed, she figured that she overstayed her welcome.

Gwen: Okay. Time to go back to Keiko’s.

One more flash of light blinded her and she found herself back in her room in Keiko’s house. Her body was still in bed asleep and her ferret, Trixie was still in her bed. She floated to her physical body and melded into it; the opal flickered and her spirit was safely back in her body. A grin appeared on her face as she slept for the rest of the night.

[The next afternoon]

It was after school and Gwen and Keiko got the message that Genkai was waiting for her at her temple.

Keiko: Well today’s the day. You ready to meet Genkai?

Gwen: *distracted by what she thought was a dream* Yeah, you look fine.

Keiko: *taps Gwen on the shoulder* No, I asked if you were ready to meet Genkai.

Gwen: Oh, yeah. Sure.

Keiko: *knows when her friend has something on her mind* What’s wrong?

Gwen: Oh, nothing. I just had the weirdest dream. Well it was weird and cool. I’ll tell you later. Let’s go to the temple. *smiles at her and walks to Genkai’s place.*

In the shadows, Takei follows Gwen and Keiko to Genkai’s temple. A wickedly evil smile crosses his lips as he watches his prey.

Takei: Soon, girl. Soon, my master will have everything he wants.....including YOU!

**End of Chapter Four**

Keiko: Okay, that guy’s starting to freak me out. *shivers*

AJ: Hey, Keiko. When did you come in?

Keiko: Right after you did the disclaimer. So what was that thing Gwen did where she was floating?

AJ: It’s called “Astral Projection” or an “out of body” experience. Your spirit leaves your body and moves freely while your physical body remains in a kind of suspended animation.

Keiko: Cool! What else is she gonna do and what does her mom have to do with this?

AJ: That’s for the next chapter. *looks at the viewers* So if you wanna know what happens next, review and review often. *church music starts and AJ is in a Preacher’s robe* Yes, brothers and sisters. Put your fingers on those keys and type your comments. Let me hear what you have to say. Raise your voices! *record scratches*

The YYH gang looks at her and takes one step away. AJ looks at them and puts her hand on her hip.

AJ: What? If it can work for Jim and Tammy Faye, it can work for me. *looks at the readers* Please read and review my fic.

The boys look at the readers with the cutest chibi faces. All except for Hiei, of course.

Boys: *like two-year-olds* PWEEEAAAASE!!!

AJ: Now how can you say “no” to that? *smiles* CIAO FOR NOW!