Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Hidden Past, The Hopeful Future ❯ Step 3: Introducing Yourself, Hating it. ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


AnimeFox1940: Hi all!! I want to say Thank you to all of those who reviewed!! So thank you so much!!! Your support helps a lot! And other than that, I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho and I will stay strong and try not to cry this time!

~~~~

*They're staring again...* Yoko bluntly stated in Kurama's mind, causing Kurama to turn to his right and see who 'They', as Yoko had said, were. Once he turned, all he saw was Maya and two of her friends sitting at their seats and talking in a very quiet tone. But even though Kurama could listen to their conversation if he tried, he rather not. Not today. *Well, they were staring.* Yoko then added once seeing that the girls had looked away before Kurama could catch them.



Kurama sighed gently and leaned more into the palm of his hand. His elbow was propted on the desk and he was looking out side. Right now it was 8: 31, them already being about 30 minutes into the Biography Teacher's, Mr. Hito's lesson, and the sun was hidden behind clouds, causing a orange/golden tint outside.



*Why do we have to listen to this Baka talk?* Yoko asked again, being the first time for the day, but about the 6th time this week.



'Must I explain this to you again, Yoko?' Kurama asked, getting irritated by the fact that he always asked this question, fully well knowing that no matter what he was still going to get the same answer.



*You should be more than happy to explain that to me again, Kurama.* Yoko said, purposely trying to now get on Kurama's nerves for his own amusement. What could he say? Was it so wrong that he found amusement in irritating and watching a normally calm person get mad?



'Yoko, my life does not revolve around pleasing you.' Kurama snapped back, but still in a trying-to-remain-calm-voice.



*Well, it would be a lot more fun if it did.* Yoko then said, deciding to now leave Kurama alone for the time being.


Kurama smiled gently to himself. Finally. Peace and quiet in his mind wasn't something that came too easily. Especially in between Yoko's over-active mind and school work raging about, it was hard to have just a little silence and calm in his life.



Too bad for Kurama, it probably wasn't going to last very long.



Mr. Hito kept talking as there was a click at the door, meaning that someone was about to come in.



'Who would come in to class this late into the lecture?' Kurama wondered as his eyes scrolled over to the now opening door.



The girl walked in slowly as Mr. Hito continued writing on the board. She had long brown hair that reached her waist and dark purple eyes. But that wasn't what caught most fellow student's attention around the entire room.



Her clothes. That's what most people seemed to be staring at. Particularly her dark grey mini skirt. It went to about her mid thigh, which was much shorter than the knee-length skirts the girls at Meiou High had to wear. And she was also wearing a light grey long sleeved shirt and she had a black backpack that snuggled close to her back. Other than that she wore long socks that went to her calves, and normal school styled shoes, them being black instead of brown like most of the girls here.



'She's new. That must be her old school uniform.' Kurama then thought, staring at this girl who was still standing in the door way, looking slightly annoyed and also a look of concern and nervousness on her face. Mr. Hito didn't notice her until she let the door close behind her, letting a slight 'Thump' then a small 'click' echo throughout the class room.



Kena paused and tried to ignore the various students eyes bore into her. Then she bit the inside of her cheek when the teacher finally looked over to her. "Yes?" He asked her. This teacher didn't seem very old. Only about in his thirties. It seemed as most teachers around here were. He had dark black hair and glasses.



Kena froze where she stood then smiled at the teacher. "Um, Good Morning. I'm new.." She said trailing off. She wasn't exactly sure what to say.



Kurama blinked at the girl from the 3rd row he sat in.



*Kurama...That's her. That's that Baka onna from before.* Yoko said to Kurama, then he muttered some choice words under her breath.



'What girl? You mean the one that you hated?' Kurama asked, still watching her closely.



*Yes! That's her!* Yoko said, getting irritated himself.



'Yoko...That can't be her. The girl you had to help--she was a Spirit Detective, and Spirit Detective's have to have Spirit Energy, but this girl does not have any Spirit Energy once so ever.' Kurama stated, trying to find a stronger amount of Spirit Energy on her then their should be on people. 'Actually. She has the same amount as any other person would...' Kurama then added after a second.



*But...I know that's her. I have no clue what the hell she's trying to pull off or how she's doing it, but that is her.' Yoko insisted.



"Ah. Yes. They said that we were going to have a new student." The dark haired man told her. She nodded gently, still smiling.


'Is it just me or do Teachers communicate though minds or something?' Kena thought to herself. 'What is this teacher's name anyways...?' She quickly pulled her schedule back up and read the teacher's name. 'Mr....Hito...' She then memorized the name. Then she saw another name. It was at the corner of her schedule. She pulled the paper closer and read the name to herself. 'Shuichi Minamino...? Maybe...that was the other new student and he just didn't show so they gave me all of his classes...?'



She didn't look back up until the teacher asked her what her name was. "Uh. It's Kena. Kena Kaligrasis." She numbly answered after a second.



'Was the girl's name Kena?' Kurama calmly asked Yoko after hearing the girl say it herself.



Yoko paused for what seemed like eternity in Kurama's head. Then after a second he answered. *...I don't know.*



Now Kurama paused. 'What do you mean, you "don't know"?' Kurama had to question him. On the night of the full moon, Yoko had taken control, and Kurama had no clue what happened until Yoko gave him little details about how he hated a girl he had to go on a mission with. But other than that, Kurama was left out in the cold.



*We never exchanged names. I told her mine, but she forgot a mere second later.* Yoko said, calming down slightly, but glaring at the girl. He still knew it just had to be her.



"Oh, Kena. How about you tell the class about yourself." He said, not exactly giving her a choice.



'Oh...I hate it when teachers do that....' Kena thought as she stared at the class nervously. She wasn't usually one to be shy...usually she was as was blunt and straight forward with everyone. But now...it was just...Different. "Uh...Where do I begin? Well, at 7:13 AM, April 19th 1989 my mother screamed in pain as she gave birth to me..." Kena trailed off as some students laughed and the teacher smiled at her.


'Well, at least I have a nice teacher...' Kena thought as Mr. Hito continued to smile. "No Kena, I didn't mean for you to tell the class your entire story from the very beginning."



"But...I didn't start at the very beginning. If I did then I would be talking about how my mother's egg was fertilized--" Mr. Hito cut her off as more students laughed. "Kena..." Mr. Hito warned.



'Looks like we have a comedian...' Kurama started, being one of the few students that had laughed.



Kena laughed gently. "Ok, Ok...Well..Um...I'm from Paris, France--" Someone cut her off. It was a girl with dark brown eyes and dark black hair. She was sitting in the 2nd row.



"Oh! Paris!? What's it like?! Are their really mimes walking in the street and shopping places everywhere?!" She asked frantically.



'That girl watches way to much TV...especially too much with too many stereo-types...' Kena cut her thoughts off to smile gently at the girl.



"Well, there are many places to shop, but about the mimes...don't believe in stereo-types. Sure there are street performers...but most are only drama classes from school...At least that's what my old school used to do..." Kena paused for a second. She didn't like answering people like a teacher would. "Um..and other than that, I'm an Aries and I love archery."



*Archery? That girl, she was an archer. Also, she had the ability to use fire. Aries's element is fire.* Yoko said smartly.



'Don't read too much into it...' Kurama warned, still believing that this girl was just a normal girl.


"Kena...This may sound like something from Kindergarten, but, what's your favorite animal? This is biology after all." Mr. Hito said, crossing his arms and giving his new student a welcome smile.



"Oh. Foxes!" Kena quickly burst out. They were her favorite animal. That's why she wasn't so mean to that guy she had to work with. Well, actually, she was pretty mean.'He was ho--cute. The fox part...' She cut her thoughts short. She didn't really get in the greatest mood ever when she thought about their introduction.



*She likes foxes...then shouldn't she have been nicer to me?* Yoko asked Kurama. But Kurama didn't answer.



"Hm. Yes. They're quite a spices.." Mr. Hito paused and asked to see her schedule. She quickly handed it over. "Well Kena, seems like you're going to be paired up with Mr. Minamino today. He'll show you around." Mr. Hito then said, handing her back her schedule.



Kurama quickly sat up straight in his chair when he heard his name being used.



*For some reason the Gods are after me...* Yoko said, obviously not happy with the fact that he was now stuck with this girl all day. 'Hopefully she won't be one of your fan-girls. And also, hopefully she doesn't go to all the same classes you do and have to sit by us.* Yoko then added.



"Well, seems like you two have all the same classes. And since no one is sitting by him, then how about you take that empty seat by him?" Mr. Hito then said. "Mr. Minamino, please raise your hand."



*Shit...all the same classes? Has to sit by us? The Gods are NOT on my side. What did I do wrong!?*


'Try thievery?' Kurama bluntly stated. He wasn’t so upset with the fact that he had to help this girl around. She was new, and she did seem pretty nice, despite what Yoko said.



Kurama did as he was told and raised his hand so Kena could see where she was to sit. He watched her as she walked down the aisle and watched how the boy's eyes watched her skirt.



Kena noticed too. 'Perverts..' Kena then thought, pretending to ignore them. She smiled sweetly at Shuichi and he smiled back as she took her seat. She noted that she wouldn't forget him. He was kinda noticeable with his long red hair and emerald green eyes.



Kurama casually stuck his hand out to her after she had settled herself. "Hello, My name is Shuichi Minamino."



Kena quickly glanced around and noticed that many girls were giving her very evil looks. Then she looked back at Shuichi Mr. Hito now continued on his lesson. She smiled after a second. "Hi. My name's Kena Kaligrasis. Nice to meet you Shuichi." She grabbed his hand and gave it a very gentle shake, then went back to what she was doing.



Yoko was starting to doubt now. *She...she defiantly was not that nice when we met.* But Kurama just paused and froze in his seat. *What is it?* Yoko then asked after a second.



'Don't doubt so quickly, Yoko. I don't know what I felt, but I felt something. It was just a flash, but it felt like Spirit Energy.' Kurama said.



But Kena was too busy freaking out herself. 'I knew I felt something when I came into this classroom! It's from this guy!! I have no clue exactly what's going on with him...but since It turns out he's my partner...I'll have all day to find out.' Kena thought, looking up to the board from her seat, pretending to pay attention.


Kena and Kurama both sighed in their heads.


'It's gonna be a long day.'


~~~~

AnimeFox1940: Ok! There! I just had to write about Kurama and I'm happy that he's now in the story completely now!! ^-^ Anyway, I need to go!! The essay's due in a week and I know NOTHING on my person!! GR! Then I have to make a poster on them..him...her...Whatever! So, it may take a little while longer to update. So let me apologize now! Sorry! Ok, that's all for now!! Please review!! Thanks! Ja-Ne!!