InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Exploring the Sengoku Jidai ❯ InuYasha Jones ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

InuYasha was peacefully asleep on Kagome's roof when the sound of sirens split his head open, waking him suddenly and catapulting him to his feet. He was upright before he knew where he was. He had a vague memory of sirens, things that sat on certain `cars' around this crazy place; things that usually stayed at the bottom of the steps. But not now. This time, they were screaming up the stairs, held by blue suited men carrying lights and flashing them around. His heart pumping, he swung into Kagome's window, almost knocking her down.
 
“What's going on?” Kagome asked.
 
“Kagome! Come down please!” Her mother's voice was tight. He stayed at the top of the stairs, listening as the `captain' talked of a madman loose on the grounds. That was all he needed to hear.
 
He picked up the trail quickly and found the fugitive hiding in the well house. He lifted Tetsusaiga, youki swirls building around it.
 
“Hey, asshole!” he growled.
 
The guy huffed out a cynical sound, “you don't expect me to be scared by that thing, do you?”
 
“If you've got half a brain, yes!” Now he was getting mad.
 
“Dumbshit! I've got a gun,” he waved the little piece of metal. “Don't you remember Indiana Jones?” He pointed the little thing at InuYasha.
 
“Kaze no Kizu!” InuYasha yelled, blowing the idiot away, along with the rest of the well house.
 
“Nope.” He said, as he quickly hid from the `captain.' “Never heard of him.”