Suikoden Fan Fiction ❯ Suikoden: Marriage Prospects ❯ Hugo ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Suikoden: Marriage prospect

A/N: The marriage prospects idea originated from the "Anime Marriage Prospects" website.

Hugo, Tensyo Star.

Aka: Hugo of Karaya, Chief Lucia's son, wee flame Champ (nickname from Sasarai), Slasher.

Looks: Hugo has dark, short blond hair with black tips, penetrating green eyes, a quite toned but not tall body, and a foul stench unnoticeable from behind the TV screen.

Smarts: Not very good. He's inexperienced, doesn't travel much (the day he sent the letter to Zexen council is the first day he explore the world), and after all he's the only one who said "Who are dharma and chaos? Anyone we know? Heh, heh!" to Luc in one of Suikoden 3's multiple endings. Don't worry though; Hugo has increased a little bit of experience after the war of champions. If not, Lucia will never give him the title of the clan chief.

Personality: Dependable as a rock and twice as honorable. Bold and commanding, although has moments of self-doubt and is occasionally a bit wishy-washy in the game. Also charismatic, compassionate, and with a sense of humor, especially around ducks.

Fighting Skills:Excellent, especially his mounted attack with Fubar, can kill hundreds of monsters with nary a scratch. Moreover, he has great speed, fortitude and a strong will. Very strong and dependable for boss fights, one auto attack can kill a treasure chest boss in just one round, even before the boss move. Ain't that a Flame Champion for you!

Special Abilities: Great at horse and Fubar riding. Also, has nice hunting abilities. Also, can manage to be Dead Sexy and gullible at the same time.

Cooking: Edible, meaty, and super spicy, considering that the boy has been living in the village of Karaya for a large part of his life or almost forever. Hope you like red hot roasted rats.

Competition: Belle, Meg's daughter has a thing for Hugo and she can probably kick your ass - or program Gadget Z to do so. Fortunately, Hugo doesn't really or do really reciprocate her feelings. As if that isn't bad enough, Lilly Pendragon from Tinto seems to also has the hots for Hugo and she, too, can probably order Samus & Reed (aka dumb & dumber) to kick your ass. The best thing to do might be to get Belle and Lilly in a catfight, steal Hugo when the girls aren't looking, and then run very, very far away. Be very careful because he still has a bazillion of fan girls in the real world. Tough luck, boys and girls.

In-Laws: Lucia, chief of Karaya and could be Beecham or Jowy Atreides or Solon Jhee or Culgan or Seed or Klaus or Kiba or Luca Blight or Wyatt Lightfellow or Yuber or Salome (this one is according to ferrum) or Han Cunningham or Sasarai or Leon Silverberg… (Continue it yourself, the list is endless) The reason why the list is so damn long is because Konami never or haven't give the official announcement who the hell is Hugo's real father. Have fun trying to convince all these people that you're worthy of Hugo. Especially Lucia, that's one dangerous mother in law. And don't forget that you're going to 'share' Hugo's love with Fubar.

Economics: Before Hugo ascends the title clan chief he's absolutely dirt poor - he starts the game with just a measly 500 potch and homeless, thanks to the war. This is fine if you like living on roasted rats. But go easy on the guy - he is trying to acquire a steady occupation (Flame champion, and after that, clan chief). After he becomes Chief of Karaya, you'll be living in- well, super spicy karayan dish for daily meal and the best Karayan style straw hut for your house. Sure, your husband might not have much time for you, but that's the deal. Make sure your name makes it into his will, however, or else Fubar might inherit everything.

Sex: Steady and dependable, like the boy himself. He'll be attentive and passionate, and with some prodding he should be quite adventurous. But he won't let you be on top.

Other: From Kidd's inquiry: "He worries about being short. When I looked in his room, I saw him hanging from the windowsill." He's also a Mama's boy. Deal with it, he's still 15.

Overall: A fine catch, but extremely difficult to snare. Although you'll have to wait for a few years - Hugo isn't legal yet. I suggest you look elsewhere unless you absolutely must have him.