InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Unacceptable ❯ Delegation ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha. That privilege belongs to Rumiko Takahashi and various holding companies.
Author's Note: This was submitted to Week 117 (Busy Work) at the LJ community iyfic_contest. It won second place, so there's obviously something better out there for you to read. What are you still doing here?
To be an effective leader, you have to delegate.
Leaning back on two legs of her chair, Kagome stretched her arms with a yawn as she rolled that tidbit of school-mandated wisdom around in her mind, thankful Inuyasha hadn't bothered her since she'd sent him back to the village.  She was a master delegator herself. She had to be, given the amount of tedious work in her little adventure.
In the modern era, Grandpa and Souta handled covert operations. The former leveraged his prestige as shrine priest to assuage the authorities, while the latter made sure friends never grew too suspicious. Mama handled logistics - always making sure to obtain and prepare the appropriate supplies.
In the feudal era, Kaede played the wizened healer and straight man, and Shippou the comic relief.   Miroku was public relations, negotiation, and strategist for the group, while Sango was the experienced tactician.  Inuyasha provided, protected, and, with Kirara, transported. Most importantly, he was her motivation for being there at all.  
There was much to delegate. The quest was ninety-five percent boring busy work, and five percent trying not to die.
As for herself, modesty be damned, she was the leader. She held the group together so that all that must be done was done, without much resistance or complaint. Cupping her hands behind her head, she smugly considered this a moment more before flailing her arms and crashing backwards to the floor. An amused snort could be heard outside. “What would you do without me?”