/ ❯ What Was Never Imagined ❯ Uh -Oh! ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I arrived about 20 minutes early. I had been rushing to get there, without thinking. I knocked on the door and Goku answered.

"Hey Bra!" he said and smiled.

I grinned back and watched as his gaze dropped and he looked at my dress appreciatively. I cocked my head sideways and raised an eyebrow. "Goku-chan? Are you done checking me out yet?"

"Huh? Oh!" he blushed. "I'm sorry. Just, you look very beautiful."

"Thank you! Where's Goten?"

Goku looked a little uncomfortable. "He's um, he's in his room."

"OK," I said and tried to get past him. He stopped me by grabbing my wrist.

"What's the matter?"

"I-uh-I wouldn't go in there."

"Why?" I ask, a little confused.

"He's, um, he's occupied."

"What do you mean, 'he's occupied'?"

"He's not alone in the room."

"What? Is Chi Chi in there? Gohan maybe?"

Goku shook his head.

"What then?"

He didn't say anything.

"What?!"

"Bra! Can't you tell? He's in there with another girl! I wasn't supposed to say anything."

"Goku? Who is it?" I asked, and my eyes begin to well up with tears.

"I-I can't tell you."

"Why the hell not?"

"Goten wouldn't be to happy," he stated slowly.

"I could care less! Tell me!"

"It's Paresu. OK?!"

"I thought-I thought they were over with! He told me they were just friends!"

"They're not," he said quietly. "You might as well just go in there. Tell him I'm not home."

"OK," I said tearfully.

He bit his lip. "Oh, Bra," he said.

In spite of myself, I began to cry. I slowly walked in front of Goku and wrapped my arms around his waist. He was so much taller then me.

He returned the embrace. "Oh, Bra," he repeated. "Why couldn't you tell? I didn't want you to get hurt. That's the last thing I wanted. You know that right?"

"Yes," I said in between sobs. "Obviously, that was what Goten wanted."

He pulled me away from him. "Goten didn't want to hurt you. He's just-stupid. Unbalanced."

"I know, but why? He doesn't love me?" I ask and Goku opened for embrace again.

"I guess not, but Goten doesn't know what he has. And if he did, he wouldn't take it forgranted."

I look up at him. What does he mean by that? He just smiles. I lean my head against his chest again and he kisses the top of my head.

"So," he said. "Are you gonna leave? Or are you gonna confront him at the movies? Or here even."

"I don't know. Maybe, I'll just leave."

"Running away isn't the way to do it."

"Then why was that even an option?" I ask.

He shrugs. "Dunno."

A male voice comes from the hallway. "And, I'll see you tomorrow, OK?" A female voice answers it. "Of course."

"Goten and Paresu," Goku whispers.

Goten rounds the corner, his arm linked with Paresu's. His eyes widen when he sees Goku hugging me. Well, when he saw me.

Goku glared at his son. "Good job Goten," he says sarcastically. He began to mimic Goten, "Just dont say anything Dad. Neither of the girls will find out."

He seems speechless. "I-I-I-uh," he begins to stutter.

I pull away from Goku. "Save it!" I clench my fists at my sides. "I'm not just gonna be your-your...PLAYTHING! Just save it."

"But-"

"Goten! Cut it out! She's not stupid!" Goku yelled.

Paresu cleared her throat.

Goten looked at her, then back at me. Then back at her and began to laugh nervously. Busted.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sorry bout the short chapter. I'll try to make the next one longer, but my muse, Goku is out by the pool drinking lemonaide. I'm gonna go hurt him.

Ja ne!

Lauren