.hack//SIGN Fan Fiction ❯ Wild Kettles Couldn't... ❯ Phase i ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Shino sat relaxing on the grassy hillside watching Tabby spar with one of the senior members in the hot sun. The newest addition to the twilight brigade was hlding her own , likey due to the new weapons she had picked up recently. Shino was pleased with the new girl's progress.

A shadow fell over the magic user and she looked up to see Ovan's large frame silhouetted against the backdrop that was the noon-day sun. She shifted her self to see his face and found he was watching the sparring practice with his normal, seemingly passive manner.

Shino turned her head to watch as well in time to see Tabby's legs swept out from under her. Thinking fast the cat girl rebounded on her hands and flipped herself back up and into a defensive crouch. Ovan watched without reaction.

"She's improved." Shino mused aloud to Ovan shifting her gaze from tabby to him and back again.

"Did you manage to give him the item?"

Shino turned fully towards Ovan suprised at the abrupt question for a second.

"Yes. Without any real trouble." She answered.

Shino opened her mouth to ask more about the item and why haseo needed it but was suddenly interrupted.

"Shino-chan~nya!" Tabby exclaimed, running up to ask Shino exhuberantly about what she thought of her improved fighting technique.

By the time she was free to question Ovan he had already dissapeared.

~

"Is there something you want, specifically?" The independant shop owner asked becoming increasingly confused by his customers additude.
It his first day running a shop in the market area and so he had no idea what to do.

"Just anything that you have that's stronger then these!" Haseo said, slamming his blades down on the counter.

"Sir, there are many weapons for a twin blade that are stronger then these, you'll have to look..."

"I don't have time to 'look'! I need to get back to training now and I need stronger weapons!"

The shop keeper closed his eyes and covered his face with his hands. Who knew there were people this inept?

"Sir, you'll just..."

"He'll take the Enou blades." A cheeful oddly-pitched voice interrupted.

Haseo turned to see that an arm now leaning on the counter.
An arm that was attached to an oddly dressed incredibly tall man in a flight helmet with emerald leaves growing from the top seam.
Or an incredibly odd hairstyle Haseo mused.

"Enou blades eh? Any good?" Haseo asked as he eyed the stranger suspiciously.

"They'll come in handy where you're going." The man stated.

Haseo turned to face the odd man fully.

"And how would you know that?" Haseo asken in a low tone now glaring openly at the newcomer.

The taller man seemed tense.

The shop owner looked back from the tall steam gunner to the smaller twin blade and groaned.
You could cut the tension with a damn knife.

'Stupid shop, why the hell open a shop... Could be out kicking chims...sigh'

"Well actually I don't know," The man said, breaking up the tension. "But I was going to ask you to accompany me."

"Sorry. I train alone." Haseo stated and grabbed his old blades from the counter.

"Hey wait!" The odd man called after Haseo's retreating figure.

He walked quickly and caught up to Haseo with his longer legs.

"Come on, I got a special request to retreive you from the bossman himself. Doesn't happen that often."

"Bossman?" Haseo asked in a flat tone.

"Of course the Twilight Brigade never got orders we'd have fallen apart ages ago, but what I mean is it's rare that our orders come directly from Ovan..." The man continued as though he didn't hear.

"Wait, you're from the Twilight Brigade?" Haseo stopped and asked loudly.

"Ah, yes..." The man answered, startled by the volume of Haseo's voice.

"What are the details of your mission again?" Haseo questioned.

"Just to find you and bring you to where Ovan is waiting..." The man explained, baffled by Haseo's sudden change in behaviour.

Haseo though for a moment and then walked back over the the shop they'd been at before.

"I'll take those Enou blades."

~










< br>