6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen: Mrs. Jonesy & Mr. Nikki ❯ One thing for it ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWO
Jonesy was still feeling edgy at work while ironing and pressing the tuxedos and getting the lint off the gowns. “Jonesy…! Careful!” snapped Hilda. “You'll wrinkle best dresses.”
“I didn't do it! It wasn't my fault!” Jonesy acted all in a panic. Hilda almost leapt into a pile of mannequins from Jonesy's reaction. “Sorry…” Jonesy said.
As Jonesy continued to work, he couldn't stop thinking about Nikki as he seemed more worried about her than for himself. He really hoped with all his soul that Nikki was okay.
The rest of us were at the Lemon, without Nikki and Jonesy. “Do you think Nikki really is pregnant?” asked Wyatt.
Jen and Caitlin both went through the magazines, and even they didn't know, but Nikki's nausea was only one major sign that it was possible. “If she starts eating more than usual… I'd say it's definite.” Caitlin said.
“Can't Nikki get like… a stoportion or somethin'” asked Jude.
“You mean abortion, Jude.” I said. “And I don't think that's a good idea. Besides we still don't even know yet.”
Just then, Nikki passed by us, looking very upset, yet eating a huge hero sandwich, a very large one that most people couldn't finish alone. Something fell out of her back pocket that she didn't notice. “Nikki…?” I called to her, but she didn't stop and was out of sight before long. I walked over and picked up what papered to be a pregnancy test obviously had been recently used.
But the indicator just read, “Error”
I showed it to the guys, and this was defiantly not a good sign. Now we were all starting to wonder if it was a good idea to keep it secret any longer, but we promised, and we weren't going to let it out.
“I don't think we'll even have to.” said Wyatt. “Pregnancies can't be kept secret for very long. That is if Nikki is…”
“That and we and the rents know they did… The Thing.” added Jude.
“He's right…” Jen said. “They could find out for themselves.”
All any of us could do was keep quiet and wait to see what happened.
A few days had passed and Nikki kept testing herself over and over, but all she got was more errors. Her nausea slowed down a bit, but her eating was getting more out of hand. Her parents found out about this, but even they couldn't tell if Nikki as pregnant or not.
The reason for this was finally answered when the news reported that pregnancy-tests all over were found out to be defective. And new ones wouldn't be out for at least a month while they search for and corrected the malfunction.
So Alex and Miranda took Nikki to the doctor's for a through test, sadly the results would be delayed because a lot of people were coming in with tests due the defective ones and the people were up tot heir elbows in work. It would be some time before they could get the results.
Finally, word reached Jonesy's ear when Alex and Miranda and Nikki came over to discus things. “Pregnant…!” Jonesy cried.
Robbie and Diego wooed and hooted for Jonesy, but Jonesy just stood there stiff as a board with wide eyes. “I… could be… a… FATHER?!” he fell to his knees whimpering, “Oh man! Oh man! Oh man! Oh man! Oh man! Oh man! Oh man…!”
Nikki held her stomach “Excuse me…!” she cried as she raced to the bathroom and vomited again. Despite that what happened still wasn't Jonesy and Nikki's fault because they were drunk, the parents realized this was very serious.
“I always wanted a grandchild…” Miranda said sounding sweet and carring, but then her features hardened, “But never like this!”
Nikki came back feeling a little better, “Mom, relax… maybe I'm not pregnant.”
Miranda and Emma were not convinced though. They too experienced the same nausea and food craving when they were pregnant. Still, it was too dangerous for Nikki to take any birth-control pills or it would harm her, and getting an abortion was not in anyone's interest either.
“Well then… there only one thing I see for It.” said Alex. He got up and stepped over to Jonesy with a very sharp look in his eyes. “Oh, man… this is it… I'm totally dead.” Jonesy whimpered under his breath, but to his surprise Alex shook his hand, and was even more surprised to hear him say, “Welcome to my family… son.”
“Huh…?” cried Jonesy
“What…?” snapped Nikki.
Before anyone could ask, Miranda spoke what this meant. Since it was more positive that Nikki was pregnant, it was time for her and Jonesy to take responsibility for what they did. In other words-- “You and Jonesy will be married.”
Jonesy and Nikki's couldn't possibly have bulged any wider than they were now, and their mouths agape just as wide. They gazed at each in the deepest of shock, and shyness.
“Married…?!” cried Jonesy.
“Us…?!” added Nikki.
Brandon and Emma were a little skeptical about this… but they knew the Wongs were right and agreed to it. Jen was just as shocked too, and tried to talk them into another way, “Maybe we can wait to see if Nikki really is pregnant? Maybe we could just give the kid for adoption.” Jonesy and Nikki tried to agree to that too, but the parents would hear no such things and put their feet down.
Jonesy and Nikki were to be married… in three weeks!
Jonesy and Nikki said not a thing, and just stood in their fixed positions of shock!