Angelic Layer Fan Fiction ❯ Sweet Hush ❯ The Kidnapping ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Sweet Hush

By: Haruka-chan

AN: Ok! Next up for me is Angelic Layer! I have the anime-network and they have been featuring a show called Angelic layer after watching couple of episodes I went out and bought some DVD. They were pretty good though the relationship between Oujirou and Misaki would have been much better if she was a little older, but then again that's anime for you, couplings that just aren't logical or very fond of in reality though it happens. Anyways despite their age difference I love them! ^^ So I hope you guys like this one, though the storyline is very popular in Fanfiction.net I believe that you guys might like it any how and if you don't *shrugs* can't do anything about it.

The Kidnapping...Chapter 1

There was a legend of a flower that was called the 'forget me not' and it was said that it was the flower of true love, of star crossed lovers, those who were truly in love saw things that weren't there for the rest of the world. They made a world of their own, free of everything. A place strictly for them...

***

"Tell me why I have to attend this particular ball?" asked a young woman of 17. She had long brown hair and big blue eyes.

"Because my dear you are at an age where you should be looking for a suitable husband, that is if you don't already have someone in mind" said the elderly woman with silvery gray hair tied in to an elegant bun fit for her stature. Her eyes kind and gentle blue they held much wisdom and intellect.

"Grand mama" she said looking at the smiling woman.

"Misaki I know you and I know you will listen to everything your grand papa and I say but that isn't what we want from you. Well not always" she said.

Misaki nodded, "I know, but it's so much easier that way" she said as she wrapped her arms around the woman's neck.

The elderly woman laughed. "Oh Misaki you made our lives so much lighter and wonderful, as much as I want to keep you, it seems each year you grow older and the time for us to part shorter" she said.

"Oh grand mama don't say such things I will always stay here with you and grand papa," Misaki said with her trademark smiles.

"You know that was the exact same thing that you said to be when you were a child," she laughed.

"Oh grand mama I love you and I would do anything you and grand papa wish," she said. *Even if it means marrying someone I don't know* she thought.

"Well come now let's see if your dress is ready we shall need to leave soon" said her grand mother leading her towards the room where maids were running around wildly. "What chaos" said her grand mother shaking her head lightly.

"Oh my Lady!" exclaimed one of the maids as the room froze to a silence.

"Is Misaki's gown ready?" she asked.

"Yes ma'am" one of the head maids exclaimed.

"Good bring it out and help her into it. I shall be waiting for down stairs" she said smiling at Misaki as she walked out of the room.

"My lady, which color would you like? We have the blue, green, and pink" she said as the maids held up the gowns. Misaki smiled and shook her head lightly.

"Grand mama always out does herself" she said softly as she pointed at one of the gowns.

The maids smiled as they assisted her. She was always a favorite; she never complained and was sweet to everyone. But it was also what they worried for most, she was just too nice to anyone she met; she never went against anything her grand parents said and she never went a day without smiling.

***

Misaki took a deep breath as she walked down the stairs where her grand parents waited for her. She smiled once again as she walked down the beautiful marble stairs.

"Oh you look like an angel" said her grand mother as she watched her only grand daughter walked down towards them.

Misaki was in a white matte taffeta strapless princess gown, beige horizon plaid colored trim at neckline with tie sash at back, her hair was in soft curls, her hands in satin gloves. Her face decorated to bring out her eyes and her pink lips juicy and glossy. She took her last step and bowed to her grand parents who smiled.

"You have grown up so fast" said her grand father who gave one of his arms to her.

She smiled. He led both her and her grand mother out the door and into the waiting carriage. She watched her grand parents from where she sat. They looked so happy, her grand mother had told her of how they met and how they fell in love. She wanted all that. A fairy tale of her own. She dreaded these balls where she was treated like an object rather then a person, she wanted to escape some times to the field and just forget about everything. She chuckled lightly that was sure to never happen, not to her. Her life was planned out and she did everything the two people sitting across from her told her to. She was a statue; she wanted to break free but she just didn't know how to without breaking something else, no people's hearts.

"Misaki dear I hear that Princess Hatoko will be attending the ball as well this yearly" said her grand mother. Misaki smiled excitedly.

"Really? It will be wonderful to see her again, I'm so glad she's old enough" she said.

"Yes I know how fond you are of her, and her brother" said her grand mother winking.

Misaki blushed and shook her head. "No...No grand mama you have it all wrong" she tried to explain, but they were already laughing and saying things. Misaki sighed and looked out the window of the carriage. They arrived shortly after.

***

They were led into a beautiful ballroom where soft music was playing there was laughter and smell of wine and perfume everywhere. Misaki took another deep breath and entered.

"Oh Lord and Lady Suzuhara" said one of the host as she rushed towards her grand parents.

"I must say Kaori you out done yourself once again I do enjoy these balls you throw" she heard her grand mother say. The hostess blushed and smiled.

"I could never equal to you both, and you also have the perfect grand daughter!" said the hostess as she looked towards Misaki.

"Yes Misaki is an angel" said her grand mother.

"I know she is, she looks so much like her mother" she said softly.

Misaki looked towards the ground. It was her life goal to be like her mother the mysterious woman who gave birth to her, yet she wasn't there to raise and love her. She never asked where she was, she never asked what happened. She always accepted the fact that her mother wasn't here, but she had her grand mama to take care of her, and she did, always telling her fairy tale when she was frightened at night, and her grand papa playing hide and go seek with her even when he was to attend a meeting that concerned the kingdom.

Yes she was the missing Princess of Eterna. Her mother was loved among the people of her land, but no one spoke of what might have happened to her mother or her father. She was left alone; no she wasn't she had her wonderful friends Princess Hatoko of Decennia and her wonderful older brother Prince Kotarou and of course Princess Tamayo of Sparta. They all met when they were children at one of these balls, but they have met every year afterwards to spend time with each other, and of course her court was here to support her and take care of her. She wasn't alone at all, people surrounded her yet she felt as if her heart was empty. Misaki said her hellos and thank you before she retreated to a corner where she went every year.

"May I have this dance?" she heard someone say from behind. She turned and smiled at Kotarou.

"Of course" she said as she gave him her hand as she pulled on her mask. This was the yearly masquerade of Decennia. He pulled her on to the dance floor along with other couples.

"How have you been Princess?" he asked with his handsome smile plastered to his face.

Misaki laughed halfheartedly. "Wonderful Prince Kotarou" she said.

"What? What are you laughing at?" asked Kotarou.

"Your mask, did Hatoko pick it out for you?" she asked at the serious demon mask. He dipped her making her gasp.

He smirked. "I like yours too" he said. She blushed slightly.

"I was meaning to ask you something" he started.

"What?" she asked.

"Well you know that our kingdoms are very good neighbors, and I'm not just saying this for the kingdom, but for us to..." he said blushing red each time he looked at her.

Misaki stared up at him confused. "What are you trying to say?" she asked.

"Well you see...um-" he was cut of by the arms that circled this neck in a death grip.

Misaki stepped back and smiled at the blonde who stood grinning. "Tamayo!" she exclaimed.

"Hey Misaki-chi" she said. Princess Tamayo was the heir to her kingdom which was best known for their warriors, and athletic skills, she was always giving people she met nick names and trying her new moves on Prince Kotarou but it was her way of showing her feelings for him which he failed to noticed.

"I'm so glad you came" said Misaki.

"You think I would miss this ball, I get to see you only once a year now" she said hugging Misaki. Kotarou smiled as he stood next to his best friends. "Hey Kotarou how about a dance?" asked Tamayo. Before he could say anything he was dragged into the dance floor once again.

***

Misaki smiled this is how it was every year and she wouldn't have it any other way. She looked towards the balcony and walked towards it. The cool breeze blew her curls, she pushed them away from her face and stared at the beautiful blanket of stars.

"Beautiful no?" she heard someone say. She turned and found a young man who stood tall his face covered by a sparkling mask of a wizard.

"Yes very" she said. He stepped forward and touched the roses that were on display.

"Such a beautiful color" he said.

"In the language of flowers yellow roses symbolizes friendship" she said to the stranger. He nodded.

"Yes but it also mean jealousy, and a request to care" he said.

Misaki didn't know what it was about him that made him so mysterious and charming. "I am sorry have we met before?" she asked.

He chuckled. "No I don't believe so" he said. Misaki gasped as he plucked a yellow rose and held it out to her. "Let us be friends" he said.

Misaki's hand hesitated before she took the flower from his hand. "I am-" she was cut off by Kotarou's voice.

"Princess Misaki?" he called. Misaki turned towards the door, then back at where the stranger once stood. "Princess?" he asked once he stepped on to the balcony, Tamayo following behind him.

"Misaki-chi is anything wrong?" she asked.

Misaki shook her head no. "Let's go inside it's kind of chilly out here" said Misaki.

They nodded as they stepped inside. They walked towards the drinks, but Misaki couldn't help but turn towards the balcony every once in a while hoping to see the stranger once more. She smiled at the rose in her hand.

***

"Everyone may we have your attention please" said Kotarou's father King of Decennia. Misaki and everyone turned towards where the king and queen stood next to her grand parents. "I would like to thank all of our guest, this years has been wonderful as many others, but tonight it's also a celebration for the joining with our neighboring kingdom of Eterna" he said. The crowd spoke quietly before they once again looked towards the king. "I am proud to say that Princess Misaki and Prince Kotaru are to be engaged" said the king.

Misaki gasped and looked towards where Tamayo looked at her as if she had betrayed her and fled the scene. Misaki run after her and Kotaru after her.

*No this wasn't how things were supposed to be!* she thought.

***

Misaki finally making to the gardens heard soft sobs. "Tamayo...please forgive me I didn't know" she said.

"How could you! I trusted you!" she said.

Misaki walked around the rose bush and found her friend sitting on the bench crying her heart out. "Tamayo believe me I didn't know!" she exclaimed.

The blonde looked up and smiled slightly when she saw the brunet in tears. "You know Misaki-chi you're so honest some times I hate you for that" she said. Misaki sobbed as she fell on her knees in front of Tamayo.

"I didn't think grand papa and grand mama would actually go through with it, I thought they were joking in the carriage" she whispered.

"That's the problem with you! Your so dull you don't even notice it do you?!?" Tamayo yelled. Misaki looked at her. "Kotarou has been in love you since we were children. Every year for rose day he got you the pink one until they started to become dark shades of pink. At first I didn't mind, but when I was the one getting the yellow roses I hated it! I wanted the pink ones that you got! I pretended like it didn't bother me!" she said holding her head and shaking it while tears ran down her face.

Misaki watched unable to do anything. She stared at her own hand where she held the yellow rose. The stranger's words floated into her mind.

"It also means jealousy and a request to care."

She found her heartbreak. "If I could change it I would" she said softly.

"No you wouldn't! I know you Misaki-chi! You listen to everyone you never do anything your own heart says. Some times I wanted to be like you so I could accept these things but I can't! My heart breaks every time I see how much Kotarou cares for you" she exclaimed as she stood. "I'm sorry Misaki-chi I need to be alone. I believe you..." she said before she ran off again. Misaki sat there on the ground.

This had to be the worst night of her life. She continued to sit there unable to move. She was in the deepest apart of the garden where anyone probably wouldn't go to, but she needed to be alone she couldn't let anyone see her this way.

"My lady are you lost?" came a soft gentle voice. Misaki looked up at the woman who looked as if she was a maid.

"No I'll be fine" she choked out.

The maid smiled and kneeled to her level. "Here drink this and everything will be all right" she said.

Misaki didn't care now she took the glass and drank the contents. "Thank you..." she said before she found herself feel sleepy. She looked at the woman. "You put a spell on my drink..." she said before she completely fell limp.

"I'm sorry" the maid whispered.

"Is she ready?" asked the man behind her.

"Yes she is" said the maid.

The man nodded and picked her up and hurried through the garden to the secret exit. "Deliver the message" he called softly.

She nodded as she shed her maid clothing to reveal a tight red suit, she jumped onto the balcony and set her arrow that had a piece of parchment stuck to it. She released her arrow as it shot for the door of the ballroom. She smiled when she saw that the note has caught their attention. "My work here is done" she whispered before disappearing into the darkness.

***

"Misaki!" called Kotarou.

"Is that what you call her now, that she's your fiancé?" asked Tamayo.

"What is wrong with you two? Where is Misaki?" he asked.

"Never mind there is some kind of commotion in the ballroom" she said. He nodded and rushed towards the ballroom.

Kotarou and Tamayo walked into the ballroom. "Father what is the matter?" he asked as the room was filled with pale faces and small chatters of despair.

"Princess Misaki..." started his mother.

"What has happened to her?" asked Kotarou.

"She had been abducted" said his father.

"What?!" asked Tamayo.

"Who has?" asked Kotarou.

"They didn't say all they said is that she is with 'us' they didn't even leave a ransom slip" said Misaki's grandfather.

"Oh my darling! I have lost both of them!" cried her grand mother.

Tamayo stood feeling guilty and angry, while everyone ran around stupidly.

The two reached the out skirt of the kingdom and finally slowed down. "Do you have to run so fast?" she asked.

He looked at her and smirked. "You're the one who said you can catch up" he said. She glared at him.

"As much as I love watching you two show affection for each other did you get the princess?" asked the other figure standing against the tree.

"Yes" she said shaking her red hair out of the hood.

He stepped forward taking the Misaki off his arms and into his own. He smiled when he noticed the yellow rose she was clutching. "Is this your doing Wizard?" he asked.

The man smiled. "I was trying to charm her" he said.

The figure chuckled. "Good work Hikaru, Wizard" he said.

"Thank you your highness" said Hikaru.

"Lets head back to the castle" he said. The two followed quietly.

*I hope you can save us all, little Hibiscus * he thought as he stared down at Misaki.

******************

TBC

*Hibiscus--Means Delicate beauty in the language of flowers