Avatar The Last Airbender Fan Fiction ❯ Unexpected Plans ❯ Assassins on Kyoshi ( Chapter 4 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter Four: Assassins on Kyoshi
 
“So, I still don't get it. How does leaving Katara in Ba Sing Se and cavorting around the south with Toph solve your problems?” Sokka asked, gnawing on a piece of blubber seal jerky. “I mean, wasn't the fact that you were apart for so long one of the reasons she said no to you? Plus, did you think how would it make her feel knowing that you're off on an adventure with another woman?”
 
“First of all, it's Toph. Is she really going to be mad for me for spending time with Toph?” Aang told him, sipping a cup of tea. “But I suppose you are right. I just couldn't be there everyday to watch all those men swarm her. I wanted to spend time with her, show her that I still loved her more than the world. Still, being around her after that just made me hurt right here.”
 
Aang pointed to his heart and let out a sigh. Sokka had insisted on knowing why he was so far south, at first because he assumed there was some fiasco going on, but realized that it was something entirely different than that. Aang was troubled, he could tell, because every time the young Avatar had problems he was having difficulty handling, the young man would run away for a bit. This was classic Aang behavior.
 
Sokka wanted to reassure his young friend and let him know that it would all be okay. As Katara's brother, he knew that she loved him deeply, and that she had been just as excited to see him as he was to see her. But he also knew that his sister was a fiercely independent woman with ambitions and goals to accomplish. She wanted to have her names go down in the history books. Which it certainly would considering her part in ending a war that had lasted nearly one hundred years. And she knew that it would be known for one day being the wife of the Avatar, something she truly wanted. But, at least before that she wanted people to know her as more than that. She wanted to be remembered not only as the Avatar's waterbending teacher and wife, but as a woman who was able to protect her culture and heritage, and made an influence on others for just being a strong woman. That she was known for making progressive changes that made the world better. Sokka knew that if she had already had that, she would have accepted Aang's proposal in a heartbeat. All of this, of course, was something she had told Suki in confidence, which he had accidentally overheard one afternoon when he tried to sneak up on them to incite a snowball fight. So he could not tell him that he knew all of this.
 
“I just think that when you get back to Ba Sing Se, you should try and make things work. They could turn out just the way you want them.” Sokka spoke hopefully, producing another pouch of jerky from his bag.
 
“My opinion is that you shouldn't have been so quick to up and leave in the first place.” Toph chimed in, snatching the pouch of blubbered seal jerky from Sokka and getting some for herself. She took a large bite and chewed it a bit. “I mean, who knows what's happened now. She could already be in the arms of another man.”
 
“T-OPH!” Sokka whispered loudly, leaning over to her. “We're trying to make him feel better!”
 
She put her hand on his face and pushed him back. “Easy blubber breath. I'm trying to be practical.”
 
Sokka made a quiet whine and tried to smell his breath as Toph pointed at Aang. “You have a bad habit of running away when something is bugging you. If Katara can't rely on you to be there even when things turn bad, it doesn't matter how much love she has for you. She'll eventually turn to someone who will be able to do the things you can't. You need to come to terms with the fact that she's grown up, that we've all grown up, and it's time to start acting like it.”
 
Aang gave her a sad, almost angry look that she couldn't see, but somehow she sensed how he felt.
 
“But, I do agree with Sokka that you should try and patch things up.” she said, leaning over and giving him a noogie. “By the way, I didn't mean that part about that other man. I'm sure she's pining for you right now.”
 
“Maybe.” Aang said, his voice monotonous. “Hey Sokka?”
 
“Hrm?” the man asked, picking the gunk from his teeth with a wooden splinter.
 
“You're heading to the Earth Kingdom right?” he asked.
 
“Yea, we're supposed to be delivering our cargo just south of Ba Sing Se.” Sokka replied. “Why?”
 
“Do you think you could get a letter to Katara for me?” Aang questioned.
 
“Sure, it shouldn't be a problem.” Sokka told him, stretching out on his blanket. “Gives me a chance to harass my baby sister. And what about you Toph, want me to send a love note out to anybody.”
 
“No.” she replied, biting into a fresh piece of jerky. A second later she was on her feet, walking away from the boys. Momo chittered and followed after her. “I'm going for a walk.”
 
“Something I said?” Sokka asked, then checked his breath again. “Or maybe my breath?”
 
“Nah.” Aang told him. He briefly explained about her situation.
 
“Ah, makes sense.” Sokka stated, rubbing his chin. “What happened to that guy she was with at my wedding? I thought they were engaged or something?”
 
“According to her they just didn't work out. But I think it's still a sore spot for her.” Aang answered.
 
“That's too bad.” Sokka said. “They seemed really happy together. So, where are you headed next?”
 
Aang paused for a moment and thought carefully. He hadn't actually thought of where he wanted to go after visiting the Southern Air Temple. He had only wanted to get there and enjoy solitude before returning to Ba Sing Se. He tried to think of someplace that would be interesting to visit. Omashu? No, it's too crowded there. He was at a loss. “I guess I'm not really sure where I'm going to.”
 
“Oh, well, I was wondering, since you're down here anyway, if you'd mind letting Suki know what's happened.” Sokka inquired as he rolled over on his side and propped himself up on one arm. “I'm sure she'd like to see you and it saves me from having to write a letter and send a messenger hawk. She needs to know that we'll be gone longer than planned.”
 
“I suppose I could, but I didn't really bring any clothes for staying in the South Pole.” Aang told him. He really didn't want to go there because Chief Hakoda would be there. And the last thing he needed was Katara's dad questioning him. “Besides, what do I do with Toph? She hates snow.”
 
“Well, that shouldn't really be a problem.” Sokka answered. “Because Suki and Rizu aren't in the South Pole right now. They are back on Kyoshi. She wanted to visit her family, plus Ty Lee needed her help with things. You know, Kyoshi Warrior stuff and whatnot.”
 
Aang sighed quietly in relief. “That should be fine then. It'll be nice to visit Kyoshi. Has it changed since you got married there?”
 
“Eh, not really. Same houses, same market, same vicious monster living in the bay.” Sokka told him. “Though they seem to get more visitors now that you can take an airship there.”
 
“Yep, flying definitely has it's advantages.” Aang said, flopping down on his back and putting his hands beneath his head. The sky was slowly darkening. “Except, of course, when you have Toph barfing all over the place.”
 
Aang and Sokka both laughed and continued talking about different things. Sokka told him how they were expanding the Southern Water Tribe, and that it was starting to look more like the north. He said how good commerce was now that the war was over. Aang told him about life in the city and how everyday offered up new surprises. He mentioned the difficulty of meetings with representatives. It was a good talk. A real man to man talk. It's really good to see Sokka. Aang smiled to himself.
 
A little while Toph returned, arms laden with local fruit. Sokka's stomach began rumbling as soon as he saw it all and the man made a mad dash to help her “take care” of some of it. Toph pushed him away as he grabbed for the fruit. Pretty soon the two were wrestling over an apple, each clutching it in a death grip. The rest of the fruit had been plopped down onto her blanket. Aang laughed at their antics and bit into a juicy fruit that he had picked up. Eventually Toph managed to get the apple from him and heartily stuffed a large portion of it into her mouth. Sokka whined and flopped down unhappily until Momo ran up and shoved a handful of berries in his mouth.
 
Aang liked this. It was moments like this that made it feel as if no time had passed at all since the end of the war, and they were still the same young kids camped out under the stars. He knew it wasn't exactly the same. Katara was not here, but he closed his eye and imagined if she were. It was a good thought that made him smile. Eventually, things quieted down. The Water Tribe men had pitched tents all along the beach for the night, and repairs of the ship were set to start the next morning, and Aang and Toph would be off to Kyoshi Island.
 
------­------------------------
 
“So, they have a kid now?” Toph asked, leaning over the front edge of Appa's saddle. Aang glanced back at her. Her long hair was tied back into a low ponytail and whipped around in the breeze. She was still a little green if the face too, almost matching the shade of green of her sleeves. At least this time she hadn't been inclined to throw up on Appa.
 
“His name is Rizu. He's two.” Aang answered. They had left Sokka and his crew early that morning, much to Toph's dislike. It had been near impossible to rouse her from her sleep and when she did finally wake up she grumped about the beach and refused to help Aang do anything. She had eaten breakfast with Sokka as he had diligently written a letter to Katara, asking her to forgive him and updating her on what he was doing. He could only hope it would be enough. He then entrusted the letter to Sokka and the three exchanged goodbyes, but not before Toph managed to swindle some of Sokka's jerky from him.
 
“Kids are annoying.” Toph said with a sigh. She pulled down on her green and gold tunic and used her left foot to scratch her right ankle.
 
“They aren't that bad.” he said with a smile. Aang liked children and dreamed of having as many of his own as possible. Toph grumbled stared blankly off into the distance ahead of them.
 
“Just tell me that we're almost there.” she said to him.
 
“Almost.” Aang answered, looking out at the little green fleck rising up on the horizon. “I can see Kyoshi Island in the distance.”
 
“Good.” she said curtly. “Because as much as I liked what I ate for breakfast, I really don't feel like reliving the experience. And if I don't feel ground sometime soon, then poor Appa is going to need another bath.”
 
Kyoshi Island grew larger and larger in the distance until they were right above it. Aang made a wide berth around the bay so as to avoid inciting the Unagi. Appa landed just next to the statue of Avatar Kyoshi that stood tall and proud in front of the village. Their arrival had already garnered the attention of several villagers who gathered in a large group around the bison.
 
“It's the AVATAR.” shrieked a crowd of girls who giggled and sighed, as well as waved and batted their eyelashes at him. He simply smiled and waved back, which only made the girls squeal in excitement and fight over who it was he had waved at. Off to the right an older man with a young girl started having screaming fits, waving their arms wildly around and foamed at the mouth before fainting and falling to the ground. The other onlookers simply shook their heads and stepped away from the two.
 
“Some things never change.” Aang chuckled, grabbing his pack off of Appa's saddle.
 
“You sure are popular here.” Toph stated, covering her ears as the girls screamed and followed after him as he made his way into the village. He followed the main trail up to the house where the Kyoshi Warriors trained.
 
“Hello, Suki?” Aang rapped on the doorframe and called out. A moment later the Kyoshi Warrior emerged, followed by an entourage of young girls dressed up in the usual garb. Suki's eyes went wide and a smile bloomed on her face as she leapt at Aang and gave him a strong hug.
 
“Aang! I wondered what all that ruckus was about. How are you?” she said in a warm voice as a little boy pushed through the crowd and attached himself to the Avatar's leg.
 
“I'm really good.” he replied.
 
“Aangy!” said the little boy cheerfully. Aang smiled and picked the child up.
 
“You must be Rizu. I've heard a lot about you from your Aunty Katara.” the young man said in a soft sing-song voice. Suki laughed softly and then glanced over his shoulder at the short girl standing behind him impatiently.
 
“Is that Toph?” Suki said in a surprised tone, brushing past him. Toph smirked and embraced the older woman when she approached.
 
“The one and only.” Toph stated.
 
“Okay, I have to know what's going on now. Why don't you two come inside and chat with me.” Suki said, leading them inside. Then she turned back to the crowd of Kyoshi Warriors. “Can you girls give us a little while? I'll send Ty Lee to come get you later so we can finish our discussion.”
 
“We can wait if you were in the middle of something.” Aang told her.
 
Suki shook her head and declined. “No, it's fine. It's nothing new that we're discussing anyway. Now, details!”
 
“Well, there's really sort of a long story to it, but what we came here because Sokka wanted us too.” Aang told her as they sat down to talk. Rizu had detached himself from the Avatar and had settled himself into Toph's lap, and by the expression on her face she wasn't too thrilled about it, but she didn't say anything.
 
“When did you run into Sokka? He couldn't have made it to Ba Sing Se already.” Suki pondered, rescuing Toph from her son, who had found it fascinating to yank on her bangs.
 
Aang then briefly explained his little trip down south to her before explaining. “So, I saw a ship being attacked by pirates and went to help. Turns out it was Sokka and his crew. We chased the pirates off, but his ship was damaged pretty badly. He wanted me to come here and let you know, and tell you that his trip might be longer than expected because of it.”
 
“I can't believe it. Not again.” Suki sighed. “That's the third time in the past month that a merchant ship has been attacked in the southern waters. It's really been making it hard to get goods and supplies in the Southern Water Tribe and here on the island because of it.”
 
“This happens a lot?” Toph chimed in, an eyebrow raised slightly. “What's up with that?”
 
“More often than it ever has before. From what you told me, it's the same group of renegade Fire Nation soldiers that are up to it. They have at least two or three other ships in their group that cause this kind of trouble.” she answered. “And it's been getting progressively worse as time goes on. We've sent messenger hawks to nearby outposts around the Earth Kingdom and the Fire Nation, but these pirates seem to have found a place to hide when they aren't raiding merchant ships. You were lucky it was only the one ship this time around. They've managed to sink whole fleets of merchant vessels before.”
 
“This is the first I've heard of any of this. It hasn't been reported to the Summit leaders in Ba Sing Se at all.” Aang said with an unhappy tone in his voice.
 
“That's strange. We've sent several reports to the Earth Kingdom representative who governs this part of the region, and they've said that it would get relayed to Ba Sing Se.” Suki told him.
 
“Hate to break it to you Twinkletoes, but I don't think you hear a lot of the stuff that goes on in the world.” Toph added. “We would get a lot of those political types back home, and I doubt that they see piracy as an important topic of discussion. They are only going to tell you about things that are going to get them the best benefits.”
 
“You're probably right Toph.” Suki said, rocking Rizu in her lap. “It seems that there's a lot you don't know about Aang. Maybe with you visiting we can finally get some help with the other problems we've been having too.”
 
“There's more than just problems with pirates?” Aang asked, rubbing his head. He was starting to feel overwhelmed again. He only wanted a nice private trip by himself to the Southern Air Temple. Instead, his trip was infiltrated by Toph, stirred up by pirates, and now he found himself facing the issue of more troubles. Can't I get a single day where I can just be Aang? Where I can just visit with friends and not be presented with issues that I have to help resolve because it's my duty?
 
“A few.” Suki responded. “That's the real reason I came for a visit here. Ty Lee sent me a letter saying that the Kyoshi Warriors were being overwhelmed in their duties and that she needed my help finding a solution. But we can discuss this later with her and the warriors after we get some lunch. I'm sure you're hungry and tired from your trip here.”
 
------­------------------------
 
A couple hours had gone by and now Aang and Toph were waiting back where the Kyoshi Warriors trained. They had eaten and Suki had put Rizu to bed, leaving him in the care of her family. She had asked them to wait for her back there while she went to get Ty Lee and the other Kyoshi Warriors. Toph was sitting against the wall and coughed briefly while she picked at the dirt between her toes. Aang sat quietly and rubbed his chin in thought.
 
The whole reason that the summit had been formed was to ensure peace and safety for people of all the nations. He had thought that it was working well for the most part. From the meetings held each month, it sounded like progress was being made and that peoples lives were much better. He had never heard mention of pirates attacking merchant ships or anything of that matter. Maybe Toph is right. Maybe the only thing the representatives care about is whose city or nation gets the funds they need. There has been no mention of problems with piracy or anything like that in a long time. Not since just after the war ended. Aang sighed and looked up as a crowd of women entered the building.
 
Suki and Ty Lee sat down on either side of him while the warriors gathered in front of them. Ty Lee smiled at him and gave him a hug before things commenced. Ty Lee spoke first, addressing the crowd of young women. “We're just going to finish our discussion from before, but now we have our friend, Avatar Aang, here to listen about what's been going on.”
 
“The hope is that he will relay this information to the right people in Ba Sing Se so that you can get help with the problems you've been facing here on the island as well as in towns on the mainland.” Suki spoke next. “Now, where were we?”
 
“I was saying how my small contingent of warriors were overcome by another group of bandits that were causing a rabble and stealing goods from Chin Village on the coast.” a young woman near the front answered. “This is the second time we were called in for help there. The local authorities have also been unable to apprehend these people. They are constantly terrorizing villages all along the coast and are skilled enough to thwart even us. They've even started to burn down fields of grain and corn once they've taken all that they wanted of it. It's like they're trying to drive people out of the region.”
 
“This is not good news.” Ty Lee said, leaning over to Aang. “It seems that every time these places start to recover from an attack, the bandits return again. If it's not dealt with soon, these villages with become ghost towns. A lot of these places were abandoned during the war and the people who lived there became refugees in Ba Sing Se and Omashu. They grow a lot of the crops that get exported to the larger cities that can't sustain farmland. Many have already started leaving again for other, safer towns. Without them to grow crops, the Earth Kingdom may face a famine that will cost the lives of hundreds, maybe thousands.”
 
“And not only that, but many people have started to refuse to fight back because these people have threatened to murder the villagers in their sleep. Just recently they threatened us and Kyoshi Island.” Another young woman said from the middle of the group. “We're all at our wits end. Please, Avatar, you need to send some soldiers to help defend them. If not, the consequences might be dire.”
 
“Aang, we've sent countless pleas to whoever we could think of, but they've all gone unanswered.” Suki said, placing a hand on his shoulder. “You may be the only hope that any of these villages have.”
 
“I will do my best to take care of this matter for you all.” Aang said in his best diplomatic voice. “When I return to Ba Sing Se I will confront the representative for this region and find out why he hasn't done something about it. And I promise that if something like that happens while I am still on Kyoshi Island, I will help you try and capture these bandits and end their reign of terror.”
 
“Thank you Aang.” Ty Lee said with a smile. The warriors disbanded after that. Ty Lee excused herself and disappeared shortly thereafter. Suki then turned to Aang and gave him a strong hug.
 
“What you're doing for us is appreciated greatly.” she remarked. “It's really been getting bad.”
 
“Tell me Suki, is it only in the southern part of the Earth Kingdom where things like this are happening?” he asked her. It was obvious that the real issues that needed to be addressed during the summit meetings were pushed aside and he was wondering what other bad things were happening elsewhere in the world that he had not been informed on.
 
“I can't really say, since we don't get much news from the other parts of the world.” she told him. “I truly hope not though. Because it could be disastrous if such things weren't being taken care of. I'm still a little upset that you of all people didn't know about any of this.”
 
“It's pretty bad all right.” Toph finally chimed in, stretching her arms till the joints popped. “I would hear about it all the time from my friends, Yu Lin and Mrs. Ling. They have a bad habit of gossiping. Just a few weeks ago they were telling me about a town north of Ba Sing Se that got burned to the ground by some robbers before anyone could stop them. And it's happened other places too. People are becoming filled with unrest. They were happy when the war ended, but when things didn't get better as fast as they hoped a lot of people became upset. Now they're out there causing trouble.”
 
Aang groaned quietly. Why hasn't there been anyone taking care of this? He was just a little bit angry. He didn't know about any of this. Wasn't it his duty as the leader of the world to keep these sort of things from happening? “Well, this problem is going to get fixed really quickly when I get back home. If I tell them to take care of it, they will. Unfortunately it looks like my trip is going to be cut short. I'll head back to Ba Sing Se in the morning. So Toph, you'll be going back home too.”
 
“What, getting tired of me already?” she asked, smirking at him. She laughed. “Eh, it was fun while it lasted.”
 
“You two can stay in the dojo tonight.” Suki said as she stood up and stretched out. “I'll lay some extra futons out for you there and see if one of the villagers will let Appa stay in their barn for the night.”
 
------­------------------------
 
Night had fallen over the island, and Aang found himself staring at the ceiling, listening to Toph snoring nearby. His thoughts were heavy with all the recent news he was learning about. His trip was supposed to be about his getting a vacation under the guise of taking time to personally help out the people of the world. Instead it was turning into the exact job he said that he was doing. It bothered him a little, but not as much as the fact that he hadn't heard about it from the people who were supposed to be helping these people, and likely wouldn't unless it impacted the representative themselves.
 
First there are pirates, but now there are bandits too? What else isn't being relayed to Ba Sing Se? He was starting to feel really selfish for not actually helping people like he was supposed too. He was having a hard time understanding how the world could be this bad, and decided that this trip might actually be the best thing he'd done, for himself and the world, since the end of the war.
 
Aang sighed to himself and closed his eyes, trying to fall asleep. He tried to even out his breathing and relax his mind, and it was starting to work until he felt someone slide up to him and put their hand over his mouth. His eyes shot open and focused on the face that was dangerously close to his own. Toph was leaning over him, her pale shimmering in the night and the baggy tunic she wore inches away from giving him an eyeful of the bare parts beneath. Her hand on his mouth slowly lifted away as she put a finger to her mouth and shushed him.
 
“Toph, what are…” he began, before she quickly placed her hand back over his mouth again and leaned down closer and put her mouth by his ear, her long unbound hair draping over his face like a dark curtain. His breath caught in his throat and he swallowed hard. What is she doing!? His mind was screaming questions he would be asking if only he had the chance.
 
“Keep quiet and don't move.” She told him in a barely audible whisper. Her breath against his ear made his whole body feel tingly and he shivered slightly. Her head tilted towards the open door as she listened for any sounds. “There's a large group of people making their way through the village right now. Whoever they are, they are trying their best not to be noticed, so I doubt they're planning on being friendly.”
 
Then in one fluid moment she pulled herself off of him and laid down on her stomach, nestled up against him so she was still close enough for her quiet whispers to be heard. Aang tilted his head towards her and watched her face as she furrowed her brows in concentration. He whispered to her as quietly as he could. “How many are there, and where?”
 
“More than a dozen are near enough for me to sense.” Toph answered, sliding a hand across the floor in order to feel the vibrations. “There are four down near the statue, and two circling each house where a Kyoshi Warrior lives. Didn't one of them say those bandits threatened to kill them?”
 
“I think so. Do you think that's who it is?” Aang answered, turning his head towards the door as the moonlight spilled in from outside.
 
“I'd bet my last piece of silver on it.” She told him as she got closer, turning his head to look at her. “They are outside this house as well. One stays just outside the door, armed with throwing knives, watching us sleep. If they see you are awake, they will kill you and me before you can react. I don't think they know who you are. The second bandit circles the house twice, and then they switch positions. That's the only time they are vulnerable. I think they're waiting for the signal to attack. So, any plans?”
 
“Let me think a minute.” He bit his lip and processed the information she had given him.
 
“Think a little more quickly.” She whispered, sliding her hand across the floor again. “Or we might run out of time.”
 
“Ok, got it.” He told her. “When they change over, I'll blast them with a ball of heavy air, and then I want you to clamp their mouths shut. Then I'll encase them in rock.”
 
“Sounds good to me.” Toph agreed. “Then what?”
 
“I didn't think that far ahead.” Aang replied. “Wing it?”
 
“Whatever works.” She whispered, nodding slightly. She sensed for the intruders again and then balled her hands into fists. She whispered to him again. “Get ready…now!”
 
Aang sprung up, and formed a ball of heavy air in his hands and sent it whirling out the open doorway into the night. He heard the grunt as the two dazed bandits being knocked over and whose shouts were quickly muffled by fists of rock that clamped over their mouths. He quickly bent the earth around them and trapped them inside a shell of thick rock. Toph skirted past him and snuck outside, motioning for him to come closer.
 
“There are way more of them than I thought.” She told him quietly as he drew near. “More than you or I could handle alone. We should get help.”
 
“I'm going to get Suki and the Kyoshi Warriors.” He spoke leaning out of the doorway and peered out into the night, trying to see the people that Toph could feel.
 
“You do that, meanwhile I'll go create a distraction.” She said nonchalantly before jogging off down the path towards the statue of Avatar Kyoshi.
 
“Toph, wait!” Aang called out in a loud whisper, but she was already out of earshot. “Damn it!”
 
Hoping she could handle herself, he grabbed his glider and snapped it open. Bending the air around him he took off towards Suki's home. While airborne, he could see an unmarked air balloon tied down on the beach with a small group of people guarding it. He could also see the four guards down by the statue that Toph had mentioned. He landed on the roof of Suki's home, carefully watching over the edge and hoping these bandits were acting the same as the ones that had guarded the dojo.
 
Sure enough, he spotted one of them coming around a corner of the house. As quietly as he could he immobilized the intruder as he had done with the others, by silencing them then encasing them in rock. As soon as he had done that, he jumped down from the roof and began circling the house, hoping to fool the other assassin into thinking he was their ally. He came up on the remaining guard, sneaking behind him ready to attack when someone grabbed him and caught him by the throat. He overpowered them and whirled around, coming face to face with Suki, her fans glinting dangerously in the moonlight. The other guard turned to look behind him and she pulled him back into the shadows with her before they were spotted.
 
“Aang, what are you doing?” she asked him, glancing back over his shoulder at the now antsy intruder who was starting to miss the absence of his partner.
 
“I could ask you the same thing.” He told her, ducking down into some underbrush as the man got up to find his friend. “How did you know they were here?”
 
“Rizu had a nightmare and I went to comfort him. I saw one of them very briefly from the corner of my eye.” She replied, following after the man. “I knew it was trouble. Anyone trustworthy wouldn't be lurking about in the night like that. I left him with my mother and snuck out an unguarded window.”
 
They got ahead of the man and Suki managed to knock him out while Aang restrained him like he had with the others. With that task taken care of she turned to him. “Where's Toph?”
 
“She decided to create a `distraction' while I went to get you and the other warriors.” he explained. “Which means there's about to be a lot more trouble soon.”
 
“So we should probably hurry then, huh?” she said as they rushed to get the other Kyoshi Warriors and put a stop to the invasion of their home.