Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Incomplete ❯ Chapter 03 – I Can’t Find No Rest ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Warning: Do Not Read If You Do Not like Yaoi, (Boy/Boy relationships), or if you do not like Takao x Kai.
Characters belong to: Takao Aoki, That’s not me.
This is just a fan written story and I make no money from it unfortunately ^_^ Enjoy

This story is dedicated to all the wonderful friends I’ve come to know over the years, May it be people I have met from expo, people I talk to online or the people whom I have met in school/collage, all of you are so dear to me. Enjoy. Without you, my life would be dull, and monotonous. And if it makes me a fool to admit I NEED my friends, so be it, thanks.

Incomplete

Chapter 03 – I Can’t Find No Rest

Tyson stared at the screen for about 5 minutes, finally, some response. “Hey” Tyson replied, thinking about what to say next. “I would love to take you on too, I’d probably kick your butt” He warned. Smiling to himself Shame his in Russia, He thought.

Kai sat stunned in front of his computer screen, this was the first time ever that anyone had spoken to him like that in ages “Do you even know who I am kid? I said your blade looked interesting, I didn’t say it would ever stand a chance against me” Kai typed with angst. Stabbing the keyboard with his digits. Kai was very famous in Russia for his intense and amazing bladeing skills, Anyone who knew of him, would have never dared to speak to him like Tyson had just spoken to him, Tyson really didn’t have a clue who he was messing with. Then again, Knowing Tyson, it didn’t really matter that Kai was a professional beyblader or even if he were someone as high up as a king, he still would have spoken the same as always, that was just Tyson for ya. True and straight too the point. No matter who you were.

Tyson huffed “Oh a wise guy Hu? Famous shameless, I still say I’d knock you down and out! Tyson typed sticking his tongue out at his P.C. Kai angered.

“I guess I’ll just have to hold you too that won’t I? He typed, biting down on the side of his lip, Kai felt a little intimidated, for the first time ever, this kid, just who was he anyway. No one had spoken to him with such force, such belief, such intensity…In a such LONG time, and it really did baffle him.

Tyson continued typing “bring it on, Me and Dragoon will crush you” He furiously typed.

Tyson sighed as he thought I say I could beat him, but my skills are not great, I mean I haven’t bladed in 3 years, He paused in though for a slight moment.… that’s it, tomorrow,… I’m gonna start training again, and I’m gonna be someone deserving a match against the reigning Russian champ. Tyson grinned, A new goal to set his sights towards. Would he really be able to go all the way to Russia though, just for a beybattle? That fact seemed impossible. But now that he had found…someone…No, This amazing blader, who actually wanted to face him, he knew, deep down, it was something he had to fight for, no matter how foolish it may have appeared on the outside.

Kai laughed a little “Tell you what kid” He typed, catching Tyson’s attention once more “You come over here to Russia, and you beat me, I’ll see that you’re recognized for your skills, and you can join up with me. Even though Kai knew it was next to impossible that they could ever battle, living so far apart or that Tyson could ever beat him, he couldn’t help but think his blade held some extreme power, from the picture he sat staring at when he first stumbled upon Tyson’s profile, that bit beast enclosed within, his blade has to be of some quality, it was almost like his own blade was sensing Tyson’s power, which meant HE had to be of some quality, and it was Kai’s ultimate goal, not only to take on everyone with a bit beats, to prove he was the best, but to also find a bladeing partner good enough to enter tournaments with him. Cause right now, there was no one who even came close to his standards, And meeting bladers like Tyson on the internet was his last leg. He had to find a partner, who could work with him within the next 6 months for the world wide beybladeing tournament. He was really cutting it short. But something about this boy, About Tyson, was drawing him in. And he just couldn’t turn away.

Suddenly Tyson felt nervous, He had just spent the last 5 minutes looking properly over Kai’s page on DA, And this Kai guy had a lot to back up all his bluffing, Maybe he had jumped in the deep end this time, but he couldn’t go back now, Tyson started to really admire and respect this Guy, Even though he wanted to take him, It was one thing to boast but when you had pictures up, like Kai did, showing all your trophies and medals, It was just something else, And he just seemed so incredible, if he was anything like his pictures and the skills he said he had, Tyson really had just hit the jackpot.

“Anyway I’m off… speak soon, Kai.” Suddenly an offline message appeared, Tyson blinked and felt a wave of disappointed flooded through him, his heart sinking quickly at his exit. “He could of at least waited for me to reply” He gritted his teeth together and stumbled “What a jerk” he moaned. I had so much I wanted to say to him.

Tyson left his MSN running overnight, all the time appearing offline so he didn’t have too many people speaking to him at once, Controlling a beyblade was a piece of cake compared to getting swamped with 20 message bars all at once, Seriously, he couldn’t keep track of 2 people on the go, let alone 20...He sighed. But he was a little happier, At the fact that he was finally getting some results on the bladeing front.

He stared at Kai’s picture, blushing slightly as he tried to lead his prying eyes away, he couldn’t, This Kai guy had captivated him somehow, worryingly Tyson grabbed his shorts that had just tightened, and quickly clicked of the page. He squinted wondering why just looking at a picture of this guy was having this effect on him. Not to mention, he was a fricking guy. Tyson tried to justify himself It’s probably just cause I admire him a little, yeah that has to be it, he thought to himself, as he reddened and looked the other way, quickly hurrying over to his bed, and plunging into it, to hide his little problem, Not that he had anyone to hide it from, he was alone in his room after all. Maybe just to convince ‘himself‘ that he hadn’t got a hard on from another guy. He quickly put it out of his mind.

Soon the slightly uncomfortable pain below eased, and he couldn’t be bothered to get up again, he closed his eye’s, leaving the light and his P.C on to drain the electricity when he wasn’t using them, Tyson was probably the least eco friendly guy you’d ever meet, when it came to leaving electronics switched on that was.

For the next 20 minutes, he constantly tossed and turned until eventually, he couldn’t take it anymore…He jumped up and thumped his fist into the light switch, He also couldn’t sleep with the light on, Trouble was, he was too lazy to get up and switch it off, until he had already fallen half asleep, when it got to the point that he needed to get up and turn it off if he was to sleep fully. And by this time, he was pretty pissed. Really, He was his own worst enemy.

Just before he switched his light off, he gazed over at his computer screen, still sinking with disappointment, that Kai had left like he did, and that he hadn’t come back since he had been half asleep…

Why was he so bothered anyway, he barley knew this guy, and if he was completely honest, he seemed pretty damn obnoxious, so why was it he was finding himself more and more drawn towards him.

Tyson yawned, and stumbled back over into his bed, He scratched under his midnight-blue bangs, towards his eyebrow, a little bewildered as to how things were going.

He closed his eye’s once more, this time he felt a little more soothed with darkness surrounding him, strange how something as intimidating as the darkness, brought him quite a bit of comfort.

Another 20 minutes quickly went by, time was sure getting late, and Tyson still hadn’t made it to dream land, He felt so restless, he wanted to sleep, he knew he had to if there was any chance of him getting up for school tomorrow, but there was just to much on his mind, that he felt to active to reach that peaceful place, And endless thoughts of meeting Kai were making him excited, and nervous, Thoughts of bladeing against someone who really mattered…

It was strange that someone like Kai had made him feel so restless, especially since all his female fans would agree that Kai had made them the complete opposite, But then, someone with such a cool composure as Kai’s would make any girl scream, after all, that’s what a lot of girls did. Tyson frowned; Girls were so annoying…he thought.

Well, Maybe for Tyson that was, after all he was surrounded by Hillary, Emily and Mariah, three of the most annoying girls in his class. There was that Julia girl that he got on with though, she seemed okay.

He put his head back down to the pillow, closing his eyes once more, the night slowly passed by, but not once did he fall asleep that night.

His eye’s glued open at the morning sunlight ached a little; they had been like that all night. He lent up and rubbed his neck, aches shot down passed his spine “Man I havn’t slept that badly in like forever” He grumbled, Then again, he didn’t have anything distracting him from sleep until now, so of course he slept soundly, He never had anything to excite him so much he couldn’t sleep…Tyson couldn’t quite see that though, He just thought he couldn’t sleep cause he felt pissed of about his situation, he was grateful that he had met Kai, But it just arose more problems…

Tyson finally dragged his ass out of bed. He turned off his P.C, Of which he had no messages awaiting him. And finally gave his poor electric bill a rest. Morning was near.

He panicked as time for school was growing closer, and his hat had decided to play hide and seek. He wasn’t playing. A sudden burst of energy came almost from nowhere as he freaked out looking for his cap.

He jumped around his bedroom, throwing papers and clothes that had been thrown on the floor aside, finding nothing, he only stressed more, he tugged at his hair as he ran around like a headless chicken looking for it. He skidded into the hallway, and practically fell down the stairs, stumbling up as he noticed his hat hanging on the coat rail. He grinned, a sigh of relief as he saw his 2nd most loved possession hanging up. Dragoon of course, was his 1st love, even if he did leave him in that draw for more than 3 years.

He rushed out of the house, once again running his way too school, No wonder all that food he stuffed himself with everyday never showed, the amount of times he had woke up lately and found himself pelting to school each morning was more than enough to burn off any amount of crap he ate.

He yanked open his locker as the bell for first period rang; he quickly searched for his text books, spotting the ones he needed for music. He also grabbed his recorder, It was standard basics that every pupil enrolling in music, was to play at least a recorder, or substantial instrument. Tyson just opted for the one that didn't require payment. Most of the instruments, you had to pay a fee on, except the triangle and the recorder, which the school gave out for free.

He stuffed the black and white plastic instrument into his bag, along with his textbooks, locking up his locker he ran over to the stairs. He sighed, why did the music classroom have to be on floor 4?

He eventually reached the final set of stairs, out of breath as he glared at the last set that would lead him to his lesson. He exhaustedly climbed them after he had finished glaring and made his way into class.

As he entered the classroom, all eyes were on him, he scratched his head as he realized, for once, he had got in before the teacher. Hillary charged up from her chair and pointed fiercely at Tyson as she began to grumble "You should be grateful that Mrs. Hikari isn't here yet, because you would be in real trouble Kinomiya! Tyson shivered, He hated it when she used his last name, when she did, he knew she was realy fired up, and that scared him. ‘Girls’ He thought as he twitched.

Tyson tensed "Hillary Do you ever shut up, Tyson your in trouble, Tyson Your late again, Oh Tyson, Tyson" Tyson punched his desk "Man you drive me crazy, the only annoying thing about me arriving late is hearing your squeaky voice lecturing me over and over" The class laughed. They knew Tyson was right. Tyson continued "And what’s worse is everyone knows it, you don't shut up, I really hate whinny girls" Rei shared a thought with max "Hey max, the reason he hates squeaky girls is cause he is one himself" Max giggled along with Rei at that playful statement.

Hillary blushed awkwardly "Shut up" She shouted as she ran out. Tyson flunked back down into his seat "What's her problem" Tyson grumbled twiddling a pencil between his digits. Kenny worried "Tyson, that was a little bit harsh" Tyson blinked "What?!” “Tyson, she was only trying to help you" Kenny informed as Tyson laughed out loud "Help Me?!!! Haha what a joke, she enjoys getting on my case, stupid girl" The class began to think maybe Tyson had gone a bit far after all, It was just Hillary, even if Tyson felt she personally attacked him, Her intensions were usually good, and she was like that with everyone, not to mention that she cared about her classes getting a good education, and how could they do that when Tyson was arriving late and distracting everyone almost all the time, When you look at it like that, Hillary’s moaning was of some adequacy.

"Tyson, I think you should go and apologies" Mariah announced. Most of the other student’s agreeing with her. Tyson was way to stubborn, there was no way he would apologies.

Eventually the entire classes were on top of him, it got to the point where he was feeling a little victimized. They were the ones agreeing with him a second ago, about how whinny Hillary was. Quick change of tune they had…

After a short time, he got incredibly fed up, and it didn’t seem like the teacher was ever gonna turn up, His head began to swell, and he felt so angry he wanted to explode. “Screw this I’m gone” He announced, crashing his desk forwards as he stormed out of the classroom, and through the front school gates, He didn’t really care that much for school today anyway.

When he finally arrived home, it had just sunk in how much trouble he was gonna be in for walking out of school, It dawned on him that he had just signed a ticket for a months worth of detentions, But for some reason, He didn’t care in the slightest, it felt good to be rebellious like that. And there was no where he would rather be than at home, in front of his computer, with some small hope that Kai might sign on.

Everywhere he was, He was restless, Unless he was in front of his P,C Lately, he couldn’t find peace, Kai had brought him that little bit of hope, that little bit of piece of mind, that he had been so badly longing for all this time, Now he had found that, nothing else mattered. Including boring dull school…But that also caused the problem of needing more, He was so desperate to talk with Kai again, his hope just didn’t compute.

He kicked of his converse shoes, and knelt down in front of his grandpa’s laptop, He wanted to watch T.V At the same time, which was why he opted for the laptop, they only had satellite in the lounge, not the bedrooms, but he wanted to be online at the same time, and with his computer in the other room, there was no way he’d hear if anyone singed in, He was sure his grandpa wouldn’t mind anyway….At least he hoped not.

He plugged in the charger, the green button in the corner lit up to show it was on charge, he pressed the power button and fired it up, the electronic devise responding how most electronics did, SLOW. He sighed, flicking through the many different T.V Channels as he waited for the laptop to load.

He laughed as all the crappy daytime T.V Shows appeared, he flicked 2, 3, 4, 15 channels over, there was never anything on…Until something caught his eye. He paused on channel 56, worldwide sporting news.

Hello there, I’m Kishoruki Kuri, Reporting from Perm in Russia, beside me I have the reigning beyblader champ of all time Hiwatari Kai, who has openly said he wanted to come on this interview and talk to us about his future in beybladeing.

Tyson’s eyes widened, not blinking even once as he continued watching the T.V.

“So Kai, you say that you have come in the studio today to talk about the future of beybladeing for you, and I do believe you think you have a future, to venture into a studio, everyone knows how much you hate the attention, But after so many wins, would you not agree with me when I say, what else is there for you?

Tyson blushed he had never heard Kai’s voice before, or scene him move, all he had to go on was a picture he had up on DA, and his crummy attitude from they way he acted when they had spoken on MSN. He was about to hear it, he suddenly felt nervous and excited.

Kai sighed, flinching a bit, he lent back into his chair, to get a bit more comfortable “I want to keep bladeing, its all there is for me, everything about bladeing fills me with hope and happiness. To continue to do that this new tournament requires this tag team theme right?

“Right” The reporter continued, he was starting to feel the intensity rubbing off on him “So how do you go about finding a partner, after all, there’s no one who’s even been able to come close to you? Especially here in Russia.

Kai nodded “Well, that’s true, but I have a few ideas, plus I plan on travelling to all different countries to perhaps find someone suitable if what I’m thinking turns into a hoax.

“So what exactly is it your thinking? The reporter asked, shoving the mic back into Kai’s face.

Kai sighed “There is only one other person who may suspect that, and he propbably isn’t around to watch this news report, which is why I choose to do it in the middle of the day”

The reporter gleamed “He?!... You speak of someone else, Could it be you have already set your sights on someone? The reporter asked. Kai certainly was mysterious.

Kai closed his eyes for a few moments “Hmppff” He shrugged, standing up from his chair “Thanks for the chat. He quickly made his exit, his scarf floating up and falling quickly back down as he escaped.

The news reporter looked back at the camera “Well you heard It here first folks, Hiwatari Kai hasn’t given up his title yet, He obviously wants his title to be taken by someone who deserves it, Not because he had to pull out after not being able to find a partner,

Tyson felt adrenaline pumping through his veins “Man He is so rude! Tyson grumbled, He was really completely clueless he hadn’t even caught onto the fact that Kai had been speaking of him on that broadcast…He was more fixated on Kai himself, rather than the words he had been speaking.

“Who would have thought that such an amazing blader would hate attention and act like this obnoxious loser who tries to be cool by being mysterious. Tyson ripped at his hair. He was still going on…

He crossed his arms “If I could be a world famous beyblader, I would be polite and treat people with respect. Tyson childishly announced, not like anyone was listening.

Tyson had no idea what it meant to be famous, all the same people asking the same questions, it was no wonder Kai was so closed. Then again Kai had always been closed, Evan before he was famous. The fame only did one thing…and that was boost his ego, which wasn’t always a good thing, cause then he still acted like an ass. More so around the fangirls, even if he didn’t like to admit he was doing it….

For some reason fan girls always found it appealing to be treated like crap by fly guys, It was like some crazy turn on….or something like that. That’s what Tyson thought anyway.

Tyson sighed, switching of his T.V “Even so, I still wanna battle him” Tyson moaned. I somehow feel I have to, but would I really be able to meet with someone I met online, gramps would go nuts, I mean, even he has heard the stories of people who have met up online and never returned home, cause the other person was a mass murder or a psycho rapist…But seriously….would that happen, I mean I just saw him on T.V, no, it couldn’t happen,…hmmm…Maybe….” Tyson thought for a moment as his MSN Popped up “I’ll confront him about the press conference, that way i'll be almost certain that this Kai is the same Kai, and not someone posing as him. Tyson’s grin quickly turned into a frown as he realized “How can I test him that way…what a silly idea, anyone who is a big enough fan could just pose as him and pretend, loads of people must have scene that broadcast, so the chances are this person I’m talking to will know about it weather his the real deal or not...

Tyson had got himself into a real big hole this time, he wanted to battle Kai, there was no doubt about that, but there was no way he’d be foolish enough to meet him when he could be someone else, no matter how desperate he was. Then he remembered….Webcam? Kenny had briefly told him of the small object that allows you to see into the life of someone else. By a live downloading cam that exposes your every move, If Tyson could see him on cam that would be prove enough. He’d know for sure that the person he was talking to was in fact the infamous Hiwatari Kai.

Tyson clicked the ‘appear online’ button. Almost instantly afterwards a message bar popped up….It was Kai.

“Was he appearing offline too? There was no way that he coincidently signed in that fast, after his interview too. Tyson noticed that he was using a mobile device. Strange. He thought. Suddenly he went offline again before he had a chance to even say anything.

Tyson waiting patiently, but nothing, Kai wasn’t coming back online, at least that’s how it felt every time another minute drifted by.

Tyson started a P.C Game, clicking up on an online beybladeing game to pass the time. His eyes were struggling to stay open. It had indeed been a long day. That’s what he’d say anyway, just to cover up the fact that he was being lazy.

Suddenly his MSN made a noise. Hiwatari Kai signed in.

He furiously typed into his keyboard, something that probably seemed rash and desperate, but he had to know before Kai signed off again.

“KAI!! Prove to me you’re the real deal! I need to know that its actually you? He trembled as he waited for a reply.

Kai gazed at his P.C His grey slate chunks of hair cascading over his features, Aggressive much, and I’ve been told I have issues, He thought….

“What do you mean, prove to you, why the fuck should I, I couldn’t give a damn if you thought I was Santa Claus kid” He replied.

Tyson puffed out his cheeks, Man he’s such a jerk. He crossed his arms and sighed.

Kai continued typing “What do you need conformation for anyway Tyson, I mean, who care’s if I’m the real me or not?

Tyson’s eyes shone and got all teary “Man you’re an idiot, Bladeing is something that is incredibly important to me, and suddenly out of the blue, a world famous blader comes to ME, And tells me he wants to blade ME, Do you even realize what that means, if I ever get the chance to blade you, I need to be sure that it is Kai Hiwatari who will be waiting on the other end of the airport when I arrive,... And while I’m at it did I tell you how much of a jerk you are!!!! I mean you signed out so rudely last time when we spoke, I thought when you left a conversation, you both say goodbye politely, not you, you just rushed off.

Kai began to get annoyed, someone who had started out as a fascination, had turned into an annoyance… He started to type.

“Meeting up? well Yes I wanna blade you, and yes I was originally fascinated by the look of your beyblade and your bit beast, but we have only talked twice now, and you have a real talent if you have managed to piss me off, only the second time talking to you…

Tyson felt his heart sink, he knew that he should probably say sorry but his fingers refused to touch the keyboard, he put them closer and began to type. No matter how obnoxious he was, it was wrong to jump in like that and shout at someone who was practically a complete stranger. A little thing called pride was getting in his way…

Hiwatari Kai has signed out.

Tyson felt like he could have screamed as he looked up at the screen “WHAT! He shouted smashing both of his fist into the table… “Why”