Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Incomplete ❯ Chapter 05 – Voices Tell Me I Should Carry On ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Warning: Do Not Read If You Do Not like Yaoi, (Boy/Boy relationships), or if you do not like Takao x Kai.
Characters belong to: Takao Aoki, That’s not me.
This is just a fan written story and I make no money from it unfortunately ^_^ Enjoy

This story is dedicated to all the wonderful friends I’ve come to know over the years, May it be people I have met from expo, people I talk to online or the people whom I have met in school/collage, all of you are so dear to me. Enjoy. Without you, my life would be dull, and monotonous. And if it makes me a fool to admit I NEED my friends, so be it, thanks.

'Incomplete'

Chapter 05 – Voices Tell Me I Should Carry On

Tyson lay there in his bedroom that night, holding the tickets high above his head, just staring at them, not thinking about the problems this would cause, but thinking only about what the future held for him. His eyes dazzled brightly at the white pieces of cardboard that harbored his dreams, He placed them beside his pillow, along with dragoon, and switched of the light, he knew he would sleep well that night.

The following day, Tyson was extremely excited to get into school, he couldn’t wait to tell the others about what had happened, what with the tickets and everything, He was going to finally follow his dream….He paused in thought, Maybe he should have thought this through more, after all, he knew if he told Gramps about the tickets, he wouldn’t stand a chance in going, he remembered how cautious gramps was when they moved across areas in Japan. Tyson knew he would never allow him to travel all the way to Russia to see someone he knew from the internet, no matter how much it meant to him, So telling gramps was out of the question. He had already conjured up a plan while he slept, so he wasn’t too worried, but still, it was going to be in the back of his mind until he finally got into Russia!

With Max’s help though, Tyson was pretty sure that he could pull it off, a few little lies and it wasn’t a problem. He giggled to himself.

He heard the bell ring for first period just as he walked in through the school gates, as for time, he was doing quite well today. He rushed up the many flights of stairs to music and shuffled into his chair, thankfully he made it before the Mrs.Hikari. He sat down in his chair and pulled out his textbook. There staircase barley fazed him today, he was too happy to be run down by stairs.

As the lesson drew on, Tyson found himself daydreaming once more about all the things that were to come in the next few weeks, he was so excited, it full him up with joy, he sat grinning in his chair until suddenly the teacher calling out his name snapped his attention forwards.

“So Tyson, The answer to question sixteen? Tyson looked blank, and blinked twice at her, before flipping the pages quickly in his text book to find what question it was she was challenging him on. “Errr…” Tyson panicked, No idea of the answer what so ever. She swiftly moved on realizing Tyson was clueless. He soon after sighed at her dismay.

“Tyson, you okay dude, you’re completely out of it? Max whispered from a few seats backwards from him.

Tyson turned his attention to Max; his attempt at whispering was terrible however.

Tyson attempted to whisper across the classroom to Max, But Max couldn’t quite make out what he was saying.

Hillary stood up from her chair and looked over at Tyson, giving him a glare that meant death…At that moment he knew Hillary was back to normal. He sighed and kept his voice down, after all, he was in a good mood today and he didn’t feel up to arguing with her.

Soon the class finished, Tyson paced faster after Max as they left the room. “Yo maxie, wait” He shouted, finally catching up and dragging him aside by his arm.

“Hey Tyson what’s up? Why did you pull me aside? Max asked confused. Tyson ruffled his own hair a little, his eyes shifting from the side to focus on the smaller blonde freckled boy standing opposite him.

“I was wondering if I could ask you and the others a favor. Tyson smiled, Max knew something big was coming, he arose a brow in slight confusion as Tyson went on. “Well, Look” Tyson pulled out the tickets from his bag and showed them to max, Max’s eyes widened and his jaw dropped “Tickets to Russia? How in the world did you afford those?

Tyson took a slow breath and explained everything about Kai, and about the tickets to max….

Max wasn’t stupid; he knew there was more “So, where is all this leading? Max asked, still just as confused as he was 5 minutes ago.

Tyson smiled awkwardly “I need you’re help, See, my gramps, if he found out about this, you know he wouldn’t let me go, and you know id never ask unless I was desperate…

“Just spill already! Max’s commanded, Tyson was avoiding the point now.

“I need you to lie and cover me, and pretend I’m staying over at you’re cause of a school project! Tyson sputtered out.

Max blinked, He wasn’t sure how to react, He felt a bit worried about this, He hated lying, he wasn’t that kind of person, but he had never seen Tyson so excited and he kind of felt like he had a responsibility to say yes being Tyson’s best friend and all “Ok” Max sighed, wondering if he was doing the right thing.
Tyson’s smiled widened, he was thrilled max agreed, and his goal was looking somewhat more reachable.

“Gramps will probably make a call every few days to check I’m okay, all you need to do is cover it up” Tyson said, as though it was so easy.

“What if he wants to talk to you? Max asked. Tyson thought, “Just make up an excuse, Its easy, I’m in the shower, or something” Max nodded, still not entirely happy with this situation “And the others? Max started.

“I don’t think we should tell the others, the least amount of people who know the better I’d say” Tyson advised “Easier to keep the lie to a minimum” He finished.

Max knew he was right, but still “When are you leaving? Max asked. “A week and 6 days today” Tyson smiled insanely. Every huge smile that braced his cheeks reminded max that all his worry would pay off. He was sure if it was the other way round, Tyson would do the same thing for him.

Over the two weeks that followed, he practiced harder than he had ever practiced, his hands, knees; his entire body was covered in cuts and bruises, every minute he wasn’t at school he was practicing.

Tyson didn’t dare tell Kai, all the lies he was making, He didn’t want to worry him with trivial details, besides, Tyson wanted to gain respect from Kai, not have him think he was some sissy who needed his parents consent for every little thing.

Finally the time came, It was the morning when he was getting ready to travel, everything was set, and he had set stone in play with the lies he fed his gramps, for some reason he didn’t feel so guilty about it. Tyson even managed to fill in a fake holiday form excuse with the school and forge his gramps signature for 2 weeks off. He did that rather secretly too. Max was just gunna tell Rei and Kenny he was sick.

Max travelled with him in the taxi that morning to the airport, He was rather excited for Tyson too; they took in the scenery around as the arrived at the busy airport. Max helped with Tyson’s suitcase and waited while he signed in. Tyson rejoined Max and smiled “This is it” Tyson gleamed. He could feel his heart beating faster in his chest, finally he was going to get to meet the person he spoke to online so much, the person he had utter admiration for, the person who was going to become his ultimate rival. It made him feel alive. It felt good to feel ignited once again.

Tyson gave max a hug as they parted from each other, Max waved as Tyson walked into the distance, and onto the plane. Max sighed as re returned to the taxi.

As Max arrived home, Rei was there waiting for him, he climbed out quickly and blushed at the dark obsidian haired neko and walked closer “Rei, what cha doing here? He asked. Rei smiled, his cat tooth poking out the side of his lip “Thought I’d stop by and see you, where have you been? Rei asked. Max squinted, He didn’t realize he was going to have to lie so soon. “Well, Ya see…?” Max’s speech came to a halt as Rei took hold of his cheeks in both hands “Well, Maxie? Rei pried, His eye’s moving closer as he awaited an answer. Max blushed a very dark red, pushing Rei back “Sorry, It’s Just, well…” He paused and Rei became worried. “Ya see…” Max couldn’t lie to him, everyone else, but not him. Max sighed “Okay, can you keep a secret? Rei chuckled “You know me max, not a word, now common spill” Max blushed awkwardly and explained. Rei was a little in shock as he spoke.

“You don’t think I did the wrong thing do you? Max asked innocently, Looking up at Rei with his large needing eyes. Rei didn’t reassure him though, which was a pain, because Max really needed reassurance right now as he was feeling a little timid and fragile.

“I’m not so sure Max, we don’t even know this guy do we?.. I think you should tell Grandpa Granger, I mean, I know you only wanted to do what’s right by Tyson, but, he could be a creepy stalker rapist for all we know, and you let him go that easily, without asking any information on this guy his apparently flying out too? Are you stupid I thought you were wiser that this? Rei looked really pissed off suddenly; He was just concerned for Tyson’s welfare, but he was being a bit harsh about it. Max only wanted to do the right thing.

For the first time in his life, Max felt really angry and annoyed at himself, and disappointed that he had let Rei down. He began to sob, and the lollypop he had previously been chewing on dropped down from his mouth. “What should I do? Max asked, blubbering. Rei glared “Talk to grandpa granger, If you do, you may gain respect back from me, It’s for Tyson’s own good, you’ll see that too one day” Max already did see it, he was hesitant about the situation to begin with, as Rei walked away max felt like he wanted to cry “Rei wait…” Max shouted, but Rei ignored him. He quickly brushed the tears from his eyes, he wasn’t going to let Rei down again, A determined look spread across his features, he wanted to make Rei smile at him again, hold him again, worry again, be there for him again, he didn’t want to lose what he had with Rei over something so stupid, and he was right, he may have juts let Tyson fly out to a mass murderers house, then what, he would lose his best friend and the one he loved.

Rei hated treating little Maxie like that, but what choice did he have, Sometimes being harsh was the best way.

Max quickly ran to Tyson’s gramps house, to let him know, but now Tyson was sure to be on the plane…Still...he had to fix this. As he got there he explained the situation, naturally, he was scared and upset. And Grandpa Granger was also worried too. They tired calling Tyson’s mobile a few times over, but they couldn’t get through, Max said it would be pointless going back to the airport, because Tyson wouldn’t be there, Max watched him board the plane…The coming evening was a strenuous one, both Max and Tyson’s parents had gathered along with Rei and Kenny, They decided to all stay over at Tyson’s that night. In case of any news, which was a rather silly idea, considering there was a strong chance Tyson might call Max’s home phone.

Max crawled over and curled up to Rei in the corner, Rei began patting his head “You did the right thing” Rei smiled knowing how difficult this was for him, Max was only trying to do what was best. He was so worried about Tyson, more so than everyone else, because if anything were to happen, he felt the responsibility would lay on his shoulders, and he knew he wouldn’t be able to handle that.

Tyson finally arrived at the airport, his eyes skimmed the many people waiting around as he checked in, he was so excited, it was snowing outside; He knew he was in Russia alright; He pulled out his long grey coat and put it on. He ran over to a spare chair with his suitcase and waited. He was so full of excitement, he was about ready to explode, Any moment now, Kai would show.

Kenny opened his laptop “I’m going to try and do some research on this Kai character, we know Tyson met him on DA, so he can’t be too hard to find” And Kenny searched; he was shocked to find out how famous this Kai guy was. “You guys, this guy is really popular, his name pops up on almost all the beybladeing webpage’s” Somehow this brought them all a little satisfaction, Maybe it wasn’t a stalker, Maybe he was okay.

Grandpa Granger and Mr. Tate were in the kitchen together most of the night, just chatting; Rei, Max and Kenny spent the evening in the lounge.

Tyson’s excitement had turned to worry, where was Kai? He had been waiting a while now, he started to get anxious and it was getting colder in the airport, did they have no heating? It was early hours of the morning in Russia, so it was dark, a lot later than it was in Japan. Japan had only just started to get dark. So it was even colder than usual for Tyson.

Max flicked on the TV, not much he desired was playing, but he was willing to do anything to distract there minds from the worrying so much. Even though that seemed pretty impossible.

Tyson stood, his eye's gazed skywards, it had been hours since Kai had said he would meet him now, He felt a depending pain rush over him, his heart sank, and his eyes wept, his lip trembled as he held in his tears and frustration, he lifted his hand to his aching migraine, all his faith, all his trust, all his hopes and dreams, everything he had sacrificed and risked to be standing in this airport at this moment, it all helped to built even more anger and sadness as time passed and sooner he realized, Kai wasn't coming was he?

He wanted to wait longer, but how long would he need to wait until Kai showed? He had been there for hours, He gazed round at the airport once more, He felt like he wanted to wait an eternity just to see the blader he had heard so much about turn up and take him away...But As tempted as he was to wait there for Kai, Deep down, He knew he would be waiting forever. He wiped the tears from the corner of his eyelids, and an intensely angry grin shone over him, he paced quickly to check in desk and asked for the next return flight, Thank god these were open tickets, and not set date. A few hours later, after yet more waiting for the next flight to be sorted, he walked to the terminal and boarded the return plane. The trip home was sure to be the worst 11 hours of his life. Before he got on the plane, he gazed at the airport floor just once more, hoping, praying Kai would show.

He didn’t. The tears fell faster now and his eyes stung. He felt like a dagger of disappointment had sliced rite through his heart. And it hurt.

"What a waste" He grumbled, pulling out his IPod and switching it to high, Thousand Foot Krutch never meant to much, The words of 'Art Of Breaking' Fitted his mood perfectly. He did feel numb, and his entire world felt like it had crumbled down in an instance...He put so much hope in this chance to beyblade once more, So much of himself....

The sky soon darkened as night drew darker, there were no stars in the night sky, not even the moon let out a shimmer, nor did it sparkle, just a low yellow glow that looked somewhat stiffening. He gazed into the endless distance, his head now melting into the window. He couldn't sleep, his mind wouldn't allow it, It wasn't just beyblading, it was something else, he felt like his heart had been ripped clean from inside of him, He couldn't understand why he was feeling so much pain over being let down. He supposed that anyone would feel low if the same thing happened to them, but he just wanted to break down and cry, he felt this desperate need to talk to Kai. Even though all he wanted to do was shout at him.

No one in the Kinomiya household slept well that night, if even slept at all, they were all on edge, hope, the phone would ring at any point. But It didn’t seem to. Slowly, but surely the mornings dawn was upon them, Max was the first up, and doing the washing up, He had to do something, sitting there just dwelling was driving him crazy. Rei woke sonly after to the sound of calming music coming from the kitchen, and the dings of glasses and plates bumping together in splashes of water. The music sounded somewhat sorrowful, but beautiful at the same time. Rei peered round the door, He had never seen max looking so lost, his eyes were watering and lost, he knew that Max was worried, But he also knew that part of what he Max was feeling had something to do with how harsh he was with him yesterday, Rei felt a little upset with himself for making max feel like that, he never wanted to hurt little Maxie. He walked into the kitchen and hugged max from behind, Max blushed and froze with what he was doing “R-Rei” He murmured, looking round at him innocently. Rei smiled “I’m sorry for yesterday” Rei whispered, brushing his cheek up against max’s. Max blushed a little darker and began to cry; he quickly turned round and pulled Rei into his arm’s blubbering the words sorry as he held Rei near, both arms wrapped around his waist. Rei smiled as he held max back for a moment. They both felt safe for that small moment in each others arms.

Kai finally got to the airport, but he already knew he was too late, there was no one there waiting for him, He sighed deeply and made his way back to his car. He had been held up with press conferences today, that lasted a lot longer than he had first thought, he had been so busy that he didn't even have a chance to get to a phone to contact Tyson, and to be honest, he didn’t even think about calling him, he was already to caught up talking about him in all his interviews, Saying that he had high hopes for a partner for the coming beyblade tournament. Kai really did have a lot of hope for Takao.

As he arrived home, he signed onto his MSN, He knew Tyson would have to sign in eventually, so he left it running while he did a few things around his house, and overnight when he slept.

As Tyson climbed off of the plane, he was hit by raindrops; he wiped his eyes as he came back down to reality. He called Max.
Max sprinted from the kitchen and grabbed his phone, all parties from every room in the house running to the room where the phone sounded “Shut up, it’s Tyson” Everyone was on edge as he answered his phone “Tyson” He commanded.

“Hey buddy, I’m back, I’ll be round in an hour or so….he…didn’t show up” Tyson said, not giving Max a chance to respond” Max sighed in relief, pulling the phone away from his ear.

“His okay, his back in Japan” Max said, watching the people around him, cry in joy and happiness. He smiled with relief, But that smile didn’t stick long, He may have got his best friend back, But for how long, after all, When Tyson found out Max had told on him, surely there bond would be broken?

“Tyson said he’d be at mine in an hour, So lets go” Max announced. Mr. Granger thought it would be better for him to stay put; he would talk with Tyson when he returned home. As worried as he was, He knew Tyson first had to deal with his friends, before he was to have words with him. Everyone else left and made there way over to Max’s.

It was raining heavily outside as they covered themselves from the water and got into Max’s dads car.

Tyson walked along the riverbank, but he didn’t feel right to sit there and stare into the ocean today, the last time he was sitting here he was dreaming about what had just been broken, and he didn’t practically feel like the weather was on his side either.

He reached Max’s door, drenched in rain, strangely, the door was already open, he didn’t think anything of it at that point, he opened the door and let him self in, as he walked in, Max was waiting in the lounge for him, he wasn’t alone, Rei, Kenny, and Mr. Tate were waiting there with him too. The unsuspecting eyes now all fixated in him. Tyson’s heart stopped in his cheats, He glared at max fiercely who was standing awkward.

“YOU TOLD THEM? Tyson shouted, dropping his case and walking nearer to max. Tyson was angry, He trusted Max. All the fury and pain built up into one explosion as he shouted “how could you? I trusted you? Max got teary “I-I’m sorry” Mr.Tate decided to have his say “Tyson, We are all extremely angry, especially you’re grandpa, how stupid are you? Flying across continents to a stranger? What were you thinking?

Tyson was silenced, He didn’t have to answer to him, He wasn’t Tyson’s father after all.

“I’m not answering to you, you’re not my father, so what does it matter? Tyson childishly spat.

“It matters to me, when me son LIES for you” Mr.Tates eyes grew angry and dark.

Tyson shrugged “He didn’t have to lie for me, I never forced him, I asked him as a favor” Tyson’s attention turned back to max as he continued “But now I wish I hadn’t bothered” Max looked very disturbed by this, he was not happy at all. Tyson was worse than he imagined him to be.

Tyson sighed as he began to speak once more “Max, I don’t want to ever hear from you again, it took you a day before you grassed on me, you couldn’t even go a DAY, a single day without opening you’re big mouth, WHAT KIND OF FRIEND ARE YOU?.. you didn't even try for me at all did you?” Tyson looked really angry, But if getting angry meant distracting him from the drained feeling he had been dealing with the last 12 hours or so, It was something. He’d rather feel fury than pain.

“Tyson I” Max started.

“SHUTUP MAX” Tyson screamed, cutting him off. Rei couldn’t watch this anymore, it was feeling a little too awkward.

“Now hang on a minute Tyson, do you even know the trouble max has gone through for you? Rei glared.

Max interfered “Its ok Rei, I deserve it and i...”

“NO” Rei shouted, “It’s not okay, you’re dad went mad at you, not to mention it caused problems with me, and all because we were worried about you Tyson, All of us have been sick to death, going out of our heads with worry, it was me who persuaded max to do the right thing and speak with you’re gramps, as well as his father, because anything could have happened to you, and then what? What if it had been some crazy person waiting for you at the airport? Are you a TOTAL IDIOT?

Tyson shouted again “You guys don’t understand, NO ONE UNDERSTANDS. You have no idea how I’m feeling right now, you’re lectures aren’t helping me at all, But you don’t care, you say you do, but all you’re doing is shouting at me, can’t you trust my judgment, I can take care of myself YOU KNOW, I’m NOT stupid, I wouldn’t have flown to all the way over to someone I didn’t trust?

“How the HELL can you trust someone who stood you up? Rei asked.

Tysons punched the wall with fury. Rei suddenly saw the hurt in Tyson's eyes.

Tyson was really pissed now, he knew he had to leave before he said or did something he regretted “I’m leaving now” Tyson announced in a very low tone husky voice.

Max ran over to Tyson and pulled on his arm as he went to leave, Tyson shoved him off to the side, and he tumbled to the floor “Leave me alone” He shouted.

“But Tyson..?” Max stuttered once more.

Tyson smiled with an evil grin from the comer of his lip “Why don’t you tell DADDY, How you can Rei have been at it, tell you’re dad about you’re little faggot activities, eh max? Because you’re not angel when it comes down to it, LETS FACE IT, We all know you guys are SCREWING!!!

Max’s eyes widened, He never thought Tyson knew, let alone would dare to announce it in front of his father, who, I may add… was very homophobic.

Max’s dad stared at him “ Max, This isn’t true is it? TELL ME IT’S NOT TRUE? Fury filled his veins.

Max looked over at Kenny, Tyson and Rei “I think you guys should leave. He said. Rei didn’t want to, he was worried, He knew how Max’s dad was sometimes. But he didn’t really have much choice “Max, Call me later? Rei said as he walked away. Max nodded “Go”

Rei walked over to Tyson as they left and grabbed him by his shirt “I really HATE you right now, LOOK what you’ve done? And ALL, because the people who care about you were worried, you’re a jerk Tyson, Don’t come near me again. Tyson really wanted to shout at Rei, and tell him he was wrong, but he knew he wasn’t “Shut up Rei” Tyson said, But Rei was already leaving. The only person Tyson was really pissed with was Kai. Not only had that basted caused him enough of his own problems, But he had just lost all of his friends over him too.

Kenny watched as his friends parted and felt stuck. He ddn't want to see them falling out, and suddenly he started feeling like maybe this was his fault, if he had never introduced Tyson to the internet, this would not have happend in the first place.

Tyson ran as fast as his legs would take him, till he met his house, He quietly let himself in, so his grandpa didn’t notice. Never did he think he would weep in his room at this time. By now, he was supposed to be in Russia, having the time of his life. Everything was going wrong, He was hurting so much, right now, he just wanted to fade away with the pale stars. He gazed into the endless sky for a while, his thoughts taking him back to the airport every moment. And the pain he felt.

Everything was screwed, He thought to what he had said, He was worried about Max. He really shouldn’t have said what he did. He felt all over the place and it scared him.

He lent up from the bed at the sound of his MSN, His eye widened “KAI” He shouted. He rushed to his pc and began to type…