Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Moving to California ❯ Visiting Jade`s,lessons at Rei`s ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer:do not own,do not sue me,ne?only owns her OC`s.

Visiting Jade`s place,lessons at Rei`s

As usual,Destiney found her brother`s shoes spread across the floor when she entered her house.Just as she had done the last ten years,she picked up his shoes and placed them against the wall.In the kitchen,her mother was busy making dinner.Today she was making pannecakes.

"Hello sweety.How was school today?"her mother asked.Destiney found herself a glass of cold milk.

"Alright.Can I help you?"Mrs.Raiden gave her daughter a bowl."Wash your hands first sweety".

She did as she was told,and she spent the next hour in the kitchen,making dinner with her mother.Dinnertime was not until around four,when Mr.Raiden would come home from work.

"Hello girls",he said and gave them a kiss each on their cheek.They sent the maid to get Nate,whereever he was at the time.
A little while after they had started eating,he sat down on the chair beside his sister.

"Hey Dee".His jaw dropped as his eyes wandered across the table,water coming to his mouth.

"You`re an angel,mum!"ha said before finding himself some food.

Their father would talk about work,as always.destiney couln`t help thinking that was boring,but impossible to escape.Nate interfered and started talking about football and guitars.Destiney said thank you and left the table.Her parents were to busy listening to their son to notice her leave.She sat down on her balcony to enjoy the sun while doing her homework.In the middle of her biology,the phone suddenly rang.She dropped everything in her hands and ran to pick it up.

"Destiney Raiden,who am I talking to?"she said.

Malisia`s familiar laughter answered that question.

"If you had not been to busy introducing yourself,maybe you would have understood that is was me?".

She frowned and appologied.

"Hey,it is ok.I was only kidding anyways.By the way,get your brother and come outside.I am waiting for you".She hung up.

"Nate!"she called.He opened the door and popped his head out.

"Yeah?"

She smiled at him.

"We are going to visit the girl`s place".he frowned.

"Why did you not tell me earlier?"he shook his head and went back into his room.Seconds later he was back,with his guitar in his left hand.He had put on a navyblue hairband to keep the hair out of his eyes....and in her opinion,that made him look ridiculous.
Nate actually collected hairbands,and his collection was quite big.But considering the fact that he had been collecting since he was 12 that was not so strange.She rather preferred to collect rings in all kind of shapes and sizes.
Nate was whistling some old melody she could not recognize,and he was already starting to become distant.Her brother was definitely a weird guy.Music was his great passion.

"Dad!We are out with Malisia!"she yelled before she left the house.No answer.Nate probably had his cellphone with him anyways,he always had.Just as she had said she would be,Malisia was waiting at the gate.She was driving a gorgeous,blue porsche.Nate gasped at the sight of her car.Malisia laughed.

"Is he not pretty?"Nate could only nod.

"When did you get this?"Destiney asked.The seats were really comfortable.Malisia caressed the dashboard carefully with her fingers,stars in her eyes as she let her eyes trail across the car.

"I got this baby for my birthday last year".They started driving,and Malisia put on a pair of darkblue sunglasses.

"You got a car?Dad would never have given me a car",Nate said.Malisia smirked.

"Yes.You should have seen my brother`s cars.He has got three".

Destiney rolled her eyes.

"What on earth would he need three cars for?"Malisia shrugged.

"I dont know.There is something special about boys and their cars I guess".After a while they stopped at a nice,green house.

"Well,here we are",Malisia said and stepped out of her precious car.
They followed her to the door.She rang the doorbell,and a small answered the door.

"Auntie!"he cried out and hugged her leg.The boy seemed to be about four years old,and he looked very much like both Jade and Aya.She took his hand and went inside.The two twins followed her.The house was very nice and cozy,even though it was quite messy.In the livingroom they met more kids and two women Destiney guessed had to be the mothers.Malisia let go of the boy,and he went to his mother instead.

"Hi Lisa.Are the girls in?"

The woman who answered her could be no one else than Jade`s mother.Jade looked exactly like her.

"Yes,they are in the basement,playing their instruments non-stop.do you have an extra practise today?"Malisia pulled them into the livingroom to introduce them.

"Yes,we have got two new members.This is Nate and Dizzy".They shyly said hallo.The lady sitting next to Lisa had to be Aya`s mother,and her name was Malin.Malisia took them with her down in the basement.She could hear someone playing a piano.
They entered a big room,mostly filled with different instruments and chairs.Jade was sitting by the piano,Aya had a bassguitar in her hands.

"Hiya girls!"Malisia said.They were hugged by the two girls.

"Welcome to our basement.This is where we do our practicing".Destiney took a second look around.

"Tell me,you say our...Who does actually live here?"Both girls started laughing.

Aya pointed at her cousin.

"It`s Jadey`s house,but I sleep over so often I could have been living here aswell.And she sleeps over at my place just as often.But officially,it`s Jadey`s house".Destiney nodded.In the meantime,Nate had found his guitar and Malisia helped him find a contact.
Jade stopped playing the piano.

"Now you just find yourself a mikey,and then we can begin".She picked up one of the mikeys she saw and turned it on.Nate played a couple of tones before he gave her a signal,meaning that he was ready.She gave him a thumb up,meaning he could pick their song.She closed her eyes and waited.And of all the songs in the world,he chose an old Frank Sinatra hit.She started singing.
When they finished,the three girls applauded.

"You guys did great!"Jade said,her grin wider than ever.Aya placed a hand on Destiney`s shoulder.

"Congratulations to Destiney,our new lead singer,and to Nate,our new guitar-man".She couldn`t help smiling.

Something came to her mind.

"If you used to sing Malis,who played the drums?"Malisia opened her mouth to answer,but Jade came first.

"Tala used to volunteer for that job.He refused to be a permanent part of our band though,he said it was no place for him.And he wont ever miss a chance to see malis here perform.Otherwise Kai used to play the drums".She started to play softly at the piano.

"Kai?He plays the drums?Somehow I find that hard to believe",Destiney giggled.Jade blew one of her giant bubbles.Malisia cast her an annoyed look and cleared her throat.

"Shall we try to play all five of us?"

In the beginning it was very ...weird,but in the end they found a method that worked.Even if destiney mostly would sing with her eyes closed,she did notice the spark between her brother and her friend.They were sending each other passionate,intense looks.She smiled to herself.
They would get together some day,she just knew it already now.

They played for a couple of hours,taking a few breaks when they felt like it.Jade and Aya showed them around in the house,and they got to meet all their siblings,which appeared to be not quite few.Both Jade and Aya had three younger brothers,two younger sisters and an older brother who had moved out.
Their room looked as if it had been a scenario in the second world war or something like it.
The floor,bed and chairs were all covered by clothes,books,makeup and other stuff.Jade frowned when they saw the mess and appologied for everything being out of place.

"That`s ok",Destiney said.

"You have not seen real mess until you enter Nate`s room".Nate blushed and ran his fingers through his hair,a habit of his.Malisia smirked.

"Is that so,Natey?"She let her fingers play with his hair.His blushing got worse.The three girls started laughing.
But Nate quickly got himself together again by asking when their next practice would be.Aya looked at a calendar that hung above their desk.

"What do you say about next Wednesday?"Destiney looked at Nate,shruging.

"That`s fine with me.What about you,bro?"He nodded.

Jade put her arm around Destiney`s shoulders."Ok!Then Wednesday it is!"
A little while later they decided to go home.The sky had started to darken,and it was colder outside.

"Is it not incredible that both Jade and Aya have got six siblings?"Destiney said."I mean,what`s the chance?"

Malisia jawned.

"Very small,I guess.But then again,their mothers are identical twiws.That goes for their fathers aswell".Destiney was a little puzzled by this."Their fathers too?"Nate asked.

"Wow,that`s gotta be rare".

They stopped at their gate.

"See you tomorrow then",Destiney said.Malisia nodded and blew Nate a kiss.

"Good night!"Then she drove off.

Tuesday was a very heavy and tiring day,with US History,Chemistry,English,Spanish on the schedule.
Destiney almost thought the weight of her bag would destroy her.She had told her parents the night before that she would be late today,and after a very long and heavy day at school,she made Tala drop her off at Rei`s place(when they had given Malisia a ride home).
He parked his car at the gate.

"Are you not going home,Tala?"
Suddenly she thought she saw his expression turn gloomy,but it was gone as soon as it had appeared,and she could not be sure.He shook his head.

"No.Come with me now".She was a little surprised when Tala didn`t even bother to ring the doorbell,but just went inside.He saw her expression and explained that they were so used to him that he didn`t need to ring the bell.

"I even have my own key",he said.

Walking down the hallway,Tala said hallo to everyone they met.It almost seemed like he lived here himself,because he lead the way without hesitating.
In the end they entered a hall,mostly equiped with punchingballs and other stuff you used for training.In one of the corners there was a boxing ring,and she could see two men fight there at the moment,one of them in his middle years,the other one very young.It seemed to be a trainingbattle,because they did not try to hurt each other,it more looked as if they were playing.

"Yo,Ty!"Tala called out.The men in the ring stopped and turned around.The eldest of the two whom had been fighting,got out of the ring and came over to them.

"Tala!Great to see you,old friend!What have you been doing lately?"He put an arm around the redheads shoulder`s.

"You know,been around,looking at girls and stuff..."he smirked.The other one laughed.

"You dont say".Then he turned to meet Destiney and gave her his hand.She took it.

"I am Tyler,Rei`s uncle,but feel free to call me Uncle Ty".She gave a nod.

"I am Destiney,but you can say Dizzy".Ty put his hands on his hips.

"So you have brought a girl today.Have you finally given up on Malisia my friend?"

Tala shook his head.

"Never!"

Only seconds later,Rei showed up.He greeted her with a hug while he made a bow towards his uncle.

"I see you have already come,Dizzy",he smiled,his fangs glinting every time he did so.She found it very interesting to compare Rei to his uncle.They did not look much like each other.Only the golden eyes,their fangs and their feline-like way of moving indicated that they came from the same family,as rei`s uncle had darkgreen hair and a beard on his chin the same colour.

"Uncle,Dizzy have come to train with me today.Do we have your permission?"

Ty nodded and ruffled his nephew`s black hair.The young man that had been training with Tyler when they arrived was gone.She took off her jacket.

"Are we starting then?"

Rei smiled at her and went over to a locker.When he came back,he was holding two long wooden sticks in his hands.Suddenly he threw a stick at her,and she took it,her reflexes kicking in.

"Good",he said and lead her to a corner of the room where the floor was covered thin matresses.Tala sat down on the floor to watch them.

"Now,my friend,do as me",he said and started to spin the stick around while switching hands.She discovered that it was not easy at all to do so,even though it might look like it.She dropped it over and over again.Rei muttered something to himself and came up behind her.

"First you have got to relax",he said and put his hands on her shoulders.

"Then you close your eyes".She did as she was told.She could feel his arms holding her arms up.

"Try now".

Destiney did,and to her big surprise,it worked,she did not drop it!.She opened her eyes,a huge smile across her face.Tala gave her a thumb up.

"I did it!"

They went through the basic stuff before Rei thought she was ready to try a friendly fight.

"Remember what I have told you dear,be relaxed,dont forget to breath and keep up your defences".Destiney knew she did not stand a chance against such a good opponent as Rei,but she did her best,which proved to be not nearly enough.After a little while she found herself lying on her back,staring at the roof.Rei had simply outclassed her without even trying hard.

"Are you alright?"a worried voice asked.She sat up and accepted the hand Rei gave her.

"Yes,I`m ok".

Rei smiled.

"You did pretty well,considering the fact that you are a beginner.But you have to watch your defence,dear",he said.

He threw his stick at Tala,who grabbed it.Then he went to get another one for himself.

"Now you watch while me and Tala demonstrate".She sat down on the floor,her stick in her lap.They waited for her to give them the startsignal.She did the countdown.

In the beginning,the two opponents seemed equally good,but she quickly discovered that Tala was the weak part in this battle,despite his obvious talent for combat.Rei would sneak away everytime the redhead tried to attack him.Fascinated by this,she could not take her eyes off the two teens.
Then suddenly Rei made a move.He made his stick swing in a bow,and it hit Tala at the back of his knees.
He fell over,unable to stay steady anymore.He could not help but growl.
Though he accepted the hand Rei gave him,just as he had offered his hand to her.Tala got back on his feet and brushed some "dust" off his clothes.

"One day I am gonna beat you,Kon",he growled.Rei smirked.

"You dont say,Volkov".After that,they repeated some stuff before Rei was satisfied for now.While walking down the hallway,Destiney could feel her body grow stiff,her arms hurting and her stomach being noisy.Rei noticed and assured her that there was no need to worry,it would soon be dinnertime.

They entered a big hall where there were lots of tables and chairs.She could feel a strange,but very tempting smell come across her nose.They sat down at one of the cornertables.While eating dinner,Tala and Rei would tell about some of the crazy stuff that they and Kai and gone through during their time of friendship,being all their life.Destiney quite often became surprised that Rei had two bestfriends like Tala and Kai.They were all totally different.
But even though they were,they seemed inseparable,just like the three girls she knew.

"Tell me,is Kai just as arrogant and cool in your prescence as in the prescence of other people?"Both boys started laughing out loud.

"Are you serious,man?Kai is totally crazy!"Destiney looked at him,wondering what he meant.Rei rolled his eyes.

"What the dumbass here is trying to say,is that Kai is the least cool and arrogant person we know.Well,sure he can seem that way to others,but once you get to know him,you are in there for lifetime".He smiled.

"Very few people ever see the real Kai.On the inside,he is just as vulnerable and sensitive as everyone else".Rei smirked.

"But Mr.redhead here is right,Kai is totally crazy sometimes.He is always the one to come up with all our pranks".He smiled.

"Nah,Kai is a great fellow once you give him a chance".He continued his conversation with the redhead,leaving Destiney to her own thoughts.

So Kai was alright then?That was not exactly the impression she had.The little voice in the back of her head sniggered.

"Dont you think that his two best friends would know him better than you,my dear?And it is not like you have given him a second chance",it mocked.

"Dizzy?Contact?"She was pulled out off her thoughts.tala grinned at her."Man,you were totally gone!"he laughed.

The rest of the afternoon they spent playing the paystation.













Converting /tmp/phpBmVqoy to /dev/stdout