Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Moving to California ❯ Ticking off...again ( Chapter 23 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


Hiya!

Bah..I am so tired at the moment!!!!-major yawn-

I should stop spending the whole night awake..should I not? think so..not that I want to go to sleep...hm,quite the dilemma I must admit.

Disclaimer:I do not own Kai,Rei or Tala,nor do I own Silver,whombelongs to Annoying Cheese.I do own the others though.


Ticking off again

Monday morning she was pretty excited to see if Silver had ended up in their class.But when their teacher said nothing during their first lesson,she came to the conclusion that the girl with the darkpurple hair had ended up in Mariah`s class instead.Well,she could still find chances to talk to her during their breaks.

Nate,who normally would play football during the breaks,was now sitting on the grass beside Malisia,talking.The rest of the gang was sitting on a bench a little further away.Destiney noticed that Tala was somewhat too quiet today.He said nothing,just sat perfectly still and stared into space.

"Tala?"No reaction.He did not notice her til she wawed a hand in front of his face."Hm?"

She smiled."You were far away.Something on your mind?"

He avoided lookig into her eyes and muttered a yes.Even if she knew he was lying,she said nothing.The girls had told her that the red head was a very proud person,and Destiney doubted that he would start to talk about his problems in front of the gang,even if they were his closest friends.
Inside the clasroom again,Kai did his best to pester her.But she didnt walk into the trap this time,and he for once left her alone.She was concentrating on Tala.He didnt seemt o take any notice of what the teacher was talking about.She followed his gaze,and was not surprised to find that he was watching Nate and Malisia,who was flirting with each other.Destiney now understood what had been bugging her friend.
He was obviously jealous of her brother.She shook her head.There was nothing she could do about that.During their first break,when Dsetiney was on her way to the toilet,she unexpectedly bumped into Silver,who was sitting all along on a bench in the shadows under a big tree.

"Hey,there you are!"Destiney said cheerily and sat down beside her."You are in the other class,arent you?"Silver said nothing,just gave a nod.

"You haven`t found anyone to keep you company yet?"Silver smiled,a smile that made her wonder.It was at the same time foxy and mocking(did that make any sense at all???Hehe,sorry if it didnt,hope you get the idea still)."No,why should I have?"

Destiney shrugged.

"Want to meet my friends?"Silver smiled slightly."Whatever".

Destiney dragged her along back to the rest of the gang."Guys,this is Silver".Mariah smiled."Yeah,you are in my class!"
The others introduced themselves and Jade started asking her questions.She seemed to like the darkhaired girl.Silver answered all of her questions,her tone being a little mocking and snobby,but Jade didnt seem to notice.Tala seemed to have forgotten some of his anger and jealousy when Silver was introduced.Now he evidently tried to charm her,something which she failed to take any notcied of,it seemed.
Silver ignored Tala and rather spoke to Rei and the other girls.Kai turned all quiet,his arrogance shining through.Silver didnt seemd to bother.

When the bell rang,they said goodbye and went back inside.In this class Mrs.Aiden was preparing them for the test they would be having in History on Friday.And to no ones surprise,the two rivalising teenagres found it difficult to cooperate with each other.
The whole class raised their heads from the books when Destiney suddenly got up on her feet,knocking her chair over in the process.She was shaking with fury,and everyone was quite shocked when she raise her hand and slapped him across the cheek.
Then she left the classroom in a hurry,not bothering to tell where she was going.And strangely enough,Kai touched his cheek and smirked.

"Mrs.Aiden?"Their teacher turned around to see who was calling her name.

"Yes Hiwatari?"Malisia scowled at her brother who shruged."May I go after her?"Mrs.Aiden gave a nod.

Malisia got up and left her partner alone.Nate looked angry,and he glared daggers at the bluehaired boy.Mrs.Aiden came up on Kai`s side,her face clearly showing off anger.

"And you,young Hiwatari,stop insulting your partner!"Kai`s face darkened."Is that understood?I will not tolerate anymore of this from you two!"Kai muttered a yes.Mrs.Aiden was satisfied with that and demanded the class back to work.

Malisia found her friend in the girl`s bathroom,where she apparently had locked herself in."Dizzy?"she called.No answer."I know you are in there.Please come out".

A door was opened,and the whitehaired girl came out.Her cheeks were red in anger,and she seemed pretty frustrated.Malisia went over to her pal and hugged her."What did he say this time,sweetie?"Destiney broke out of her embeace,her gaze directed at the ground.

"Nothing",she said in an evasive manner,trying to get away from answering properly.

Malisia smiled at her."It cant have been nothing by the way you reacted to it,dear".Destiney raised her head,her eyes glinting dangerously.Her expression turned foul."I dont want to talk about it,ok?"she said in a final tone.Malisia gave a nod,leaving the subject behind.
She managed to convince Destiney to come back to class.When they came back,the whole class stared at her with curious looks.

She ignored them and sat back down by her desk.Kai grinned."So,you did come back after all?Of course you did,no one can resist me".She felt her anger boil at those words,and was about to slap him again,but decided that it would be beter if she ignored him.

-Flashback-

When Destimey reached out her hand to get the ruler,it came in contact with Kai`s hand,and she felt an electrical jolt go through her arm.They stared at each other."Give it to me,Hiwatari",she snarled.

He tilted his head a little to the left."Oh yeah?"Anger got hold of her,like so many times before.

"Are you sure you were actually reaching out for the ruler?"he asked.She blinked.What the heck was he trying to imply?

It was then she realised that she still had her hand on top of his.She quickly withdrew her hand,as if she had been burned by the touch.Kai smirked in satisfaction."Oh,I am not blaming you,my dear.After all,who wouldn`t want to lay their hands on a God such as myself?"

He put extra emphasis on the last word.She frowned."Yeah right!"

That grin was driving her mad!!!Kai leaned closer and stared directly inot her babyblue eyes."Come on,admit that you want me".

She stared blankly at him."Dream on,moron!"she whispered,trying to bite back her anger,quickly making it`s way to the surface.

He twirled some of her soft,white hair around his fingers,and felt very satisfied when she shivered."It is no use to fight it,brat.One day you will realise that I am right".

That was the last drop.She got up and slapped him as hard as she could before she left the classroom.

-End flashback-

When the bell rang,she could not help but sigh in relief.She left her blueharied partner as quickly as possible and tagged along with Tala,Rei and Mariah.The pinkhaired girl was walking hand in hand with her boyfriend.The darkhaired Chinese boy was looking at Tala with worried eyes.It appeared that he too had noticed the sudden change in the redhead`s behaviour.

Tala`s gaze was directed at Nate and Malisia,who was walking in front of them,arm in arm while joking and laughing.Destiney met Rei`s golden eyes,and it was as if they mentally decided to do something,cause they both gave a nod.Outside they met Silver.

And before you leave,I would greatly appreciate it if you could leave me a rewiew,ne?

yours sincerly,kanilla


























Converting /tmp/php2ek2bj to /dev/stdout