Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Moving to California ❯ Worries and new meetings ( Chapter 24 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


Worries and new meetings

What remained of the day Destiney did her best to shut Kai out,and when she didn`t respond to any of his attempts to make her angry,he got annoyed himself.After detention that day she got a ride home by Tala and Malisia.Malisia appeared to be in a good mood today,her talking neverending.Apparently she didn`t notice how tense Tala seemed to get every time she mentioned Nate.When they stopped by Destiney`s house,she expected her pal to come with her,since it was Monday.They always did their homework together on Mondays.But Malisia excused herself,saying that they would have visitors today,and she had to be there."That is ok,Malis".As usual would the bluehaired girl wawe goodbye to her.

Destiney spent her afternoon with Nate,and they searched the house to see if they found anything interesting.When they found a secret room on the top floor they decided to make that room their own,secret place.They managed to smuggle some blankets,pillows and other things up there without being asked questions.When they had been kids,they had used to have a room like this,a place where they would hide when their parents were angry with them,whenever they were sad or just wanted to be alone.Destiney assumed that the reason they decided to have this as their new secret place was a result of missing the younger days.Later that evening she called Rei.

"Hello?"

"Hi Rei,Dizzy here".

She noticed that Rei sounded tired,or rather exhausted.He was panting really hard.

"What are you doing?You sound as if you have been running".He laughed.

"Yeah,I just finished today`s training.I guess there was a reason you called.What is it?"

She sighed."I assume that you too have noticed Tala`s bad mood lately?That he has been very jealous?"

Silence on the other end.

"Yes,he is totally out of himself,Dizzy.But I have no idea what I can do to cheer him up,or to help him".

His voice was worried."Me neither....Is he coming over tomorrow?"

"I think so.He always spend Tuesdays at my place".

"I really need to talk to him.I dont get it.He has never really been jealous before,and today he was suddenly furious about it!"

"Yes...When we were hanging out at Kai`s place on Sunday,he went to pick up something in Kai`s room.He seemed very upset when he came back,he was almost crying.Something must have happened then".

Destiney thought about it,and it did sound resonable."Well,Nate was with Malisia at the time.Maybe Tala found them doing something?"

"Maybe....But either way we have to do something.This is tearing him apart,I can feel it whenever he is around".

"I`ll see you tomorrow then.Nighty night".

"Yup,nighty".Then he hung up the phone.Destiney yawned and put the phone away before she turned off the light and went to sleep.

When she arrived at school next day,she decided to try and talk to Tala alone.Rei and she exchanged worried looks.Not even Kai was able to get her mind of the redhead."Kai,do you know where Tala is today?I really need to talk to him".

He was about to give her a sarcastic reply,but changed his mind when he saw how worried she looked.She was probably just concerned about Tala`s mood.So he decided to be nice for once."Yes,he is at home today.His younger brother is sick,and Tala is watching him".

Destiney sighed in relief,almost like she was afraid that the redhead could have jumped off a bridge or something like that.
Silver joined them in their break,and she was introduced to Nate and Malisia.Nate blushed slightly when Silver said hi to him.Malisia pretended that she didn`t notice,and greeted the new girl with a polite smile.Silver greeted her back,and smiled to herself when she saw how hard it was for the bluehaired girl to ignore Nate`s blushing.So she decided to toy with their minds,just to get a reaction out of them.She totally ignored Malisia and started talking to Nate.Destiney barely managed to hold back her laughted when Silver did this.Malisia`s face got a weird expression,something in between despair and jealousy.Silver continued her little mind game the rest of the day,making Malisia`s mood turn dark.When school was over for today,and they were about to go home(Destiney and Kai managed to escape detention today,because there was no teacher to look after them today,kay?) Mariah showed up,hand in hand with her boyfriend.Her face was one huge smile,as ever.

"Hi girls!I figured I should have a slumber party on Wednesday,and I was wondering if you were available".

This seemed to improve Malisia`s mood a little,because she smiled and put her arms around Mariah`s shoulders.

"Of course we are available!Right girls?"Jade laughed."You count on us,Mao!".Silver just stood there,arms crossed and an impatient expresion on her pretty face.Mariah glanced at the girl and smiled."You can come too Silver,if you want to".The girl with the darkpurple hair seemed uninterested."No,I dont think so".

"Oh please?"Jade begged.Silver shrugged."Ok then",she said and smirked.Jade grinned and put her arms around the other girl in a typical Jade-hug.

"I knew I could persuade you!"

Aya shook her head and sighed."What should we bring then?"

A grin spread across Mariah`s face."You know,the usual stuff.Cd`s,snacks....".

Destiney remembered that they had a History test on Thursday."And the History books",she added.The others stared at her.Also they semed to have forgotten the test."See you later then!"she said and kissed her boyfriends goodbye before she walked away.Jade and Aya suddenly remebered their buss and ran off to catch it.Malisia caught up with her brother for a ride back home.Silver walked.In the end,only Destiney and Rei were left.

Rei smiled at her."You wanna have a ride too?"

She gave a nod and tagged along with him.Unlike the others who had cars,Rei had a scooter.She borrowed a helmet,and they drove off.
At Rei`s place it was as wild as ever.The people there had gotten used to her,and greeted her with smiles,and many of them stopped her to ask how things were going.In the hall they used for training it was more people than usual.And in the middle of a friendly battle between Rei and herself,someone shouted out loud:Reeeeeeei!!!"

This caused Rei to loose his focus on the battle for a second,and Destiney saw her chance to finally defeat him.

"Hehe,you let a girl defeat you,cousin?"a male voice asked,the accent a bit strange.Destiney helped her pal back up on his feet.Rei smiled radiantly when he saw who it was."Rydan!!!"

In front of them stood a young boy,about their age.He had long,light purple hair,bound in the same way as Rei`s hair was(well,you know what I mean...).He was about Rei`s height and also had fangs.But unlike Rei,his eyes were orange tiger eyes,not golden.Destiney had no difficulties with seeing that the two of them were closely related.Rei hugged the boy.When they broke apart,Rei introduced them to each other."Dizzy,this is my cousin Rydan.Rydan,this is my friend,Dizzy".

The boy smiled and reached out his hand,and Destiney took it.Rydan glanced at her,a smug look on his face."Allow me to say,Dizzy,that you are really pretty.And your eyes are even prettier,the colour of the heavenly sky",he suddenly said.She thanked him for the compliment and Rydan concentrated on his cousin again.

"What are you doing here?I didn`t think you would come before Christmas!"he asked.Rydan grinned.

"Yeah,I wasn`t really.But dad had some business here,and I manged to presuade him into bringing me and Cherry too".Rei laughed."So,Cherry is here too?Where is she?"

The other boy snickered."She is probably pestering uncle Ty as we speak".Rei smiled and shook his head."That certainly sounds like they Cherry I know...How long will you stay?"

Rydan put his hand on his cousin`s shoulder and smiled."We will stay for two weeks,then come back for Christmas".

The three of them went to find this so-called Cherry.They found her close to the kitchen,where she was talking to someone.When she saw Rei,she squealed in happiness and ran over to them.She glomped Rei and knocked him over."It`s been a long time,cousin!!!"she squealed and hugged him.Rei coughed and got back up on his feet."Nice to see you too,Cherry",he said and rubbed his elbow.

Cherry was a little girl,hardly older than ten years with the same hair colour and eyes as her brother.But unlike Rydan,her hair reached her knees,and was braided in three long,thick braids that hung against her back.The braids were decorated with lots of huge,pink ribbons."Who are you?"she asked Destiney.Rei introduced them."Cherry,this is my friend,Dizzy.Dizzy,this is my cousin,Cherry".

To Destiney,this girl seemed utterly hyper.The four of them spent the rest of the afternoon in the dojo.When it got late and Destiney had to go home,she was exhausted.She didn`t understand how Rydan was able to live with that girl.



















































Converting /tmp/phpc3nXqI to /dev/stdout