Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Moving to California ❯ Forgiveness and a date ( Chapter 35 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


Heya guys!

Disclaimer....hm, Nicholas, you do it?

Nicholas:ok.. Kanilla here does not own beyblade, nor does she own any of the characters that appear on the show. Satisfied?

Kanilla:Y es ,my dear.

Nicholas: I am not your dear!!!

Kanilla: I know-evil smirk-

Dizzy: Why do you two always have to argue?

Forgiveness and dates

Destiny’s mood had improved for the better when morning came. Malisia however was another case. She was still fuming with anger over what Tala had done to her boyfriend. She was so angry with him that she refused to talk to him. He couldn’t stand the silence treatment, this hostility from her and left the others to be alone for a little while. Rei looked like he wanted to go after him, but Kai put a hand on his shoulder and shook his head. Rei looked doubtful, but sat still. Jade apologized, saying she had to go to the bathroom.

Tala was sitting on a bench under the roof, deep into his own thoughts when Jade showed up. She smiled and asked if she could sit down. He nodded quietly. "So.. Tell me Tala, why did you beat up Natey?" Tala blinked in suprise. Jade wasn’t on Malisia’s side? He cleared his throat and started to tell his story.

When he finished Jade smiled at him in that friendly way of hers and said: ”You ought to find yourself a girl, redhead. You are no fun when you are moping around...I miss the good, old Tala, the one that flirts, laughs and plays pranks at people. Do you think, even if only for my sake, that you could bring him out again?" He nodded, a small smile coming to his lips. "I will try my best".Jade grinned and twirled her hair around her fingers. "And I want you to promise me one thing,redhead.At Malis and Kais birthday party you have to ask a girl to dance with you. Any girl, just ask one".Tala chuckled softly. That was exactly the kind of thing Jade could come up with. ”I promise".

His day got quite better now that he knew that not everyone was against him. Malisia, Aya and Mariah were actually the only ones. Destiney,Rei and Tala headed towards Reis house after school was done for today. It was remarkably silent in the dojo now that Cherry had gone back home. Destiney almost wished she was still here, even though the girl was hyper enough for ten people. Rei on the contrary seemed to enjoy the peace. Today all three of them fought at once, Destiney and Tala against the Chinese boy to learn Destiney how to work with a partner. Rei grinned and dodged her staff with ease. "Not bad, sweetie....But you do the same mistake as always, and that, my friend...,"he knocked the staff out of her hands and got her on her back, "makes you vulnerable!" He didn’t stop to help her back up, but continued to battle his friend.

The two pals fought with great determination, eager to beat the other. In the end Tala had to give in, and Rei knocked him to the floor. Then he helped him back up and wiped the sweat off his forehead. Tala was panting, the sweat falling from his forehead. Destiney tilted her head to the side. No matter how hot a Tala running around with a bare torso had to be, she felt no phsysical attraction towards him at all. She considered him more as her little brother, just like Nate.They decided to turn in for the day and have some dinner.

When night fell Destiney and Tala headed home again, and she hugged Rei goodnight. He smiled and tilted his head to the side, watching her." Rei?Do you want to stay over at my place tomorrow? You have actually never been to my house".He chuckled. "Yeah,that would be nice. Do I just tag along with you after school then?" She nodded. "I guess so.."

Malisia called Nate later that evening to say hallo and hear how he was doing.

"Are you ok? When will you be back at school?"

"I still have some fever.. But I think I will be back around Thursday. Are you still mad at Tala?"

For a moment she said nothing.

"Any reason for me not to be?"

"Please forgive him, he meant nothing bad about it".

"Still..."

"I know, hon. But think about it, for my sake, ok?"

"Ok, I will sleep on it.. Nighty night".

"Nighty..."


The weather was stormy that morning, and Destiney barely managed to get out of bed. She envied her brother for staying home today, he could sleep for as long as he wanted to. And the fact that they were having a test in American History in the first lesson and an essay to deliver didn’t make anything better. She finished in the bathroom and went dowstairs. Tala and his little brother were already up. She assumed there was little sleep for Tala at night with the boy sleeping in the same room as him. Dmitri was pretty hyper, and managed to wake her up. Tala gave her a ride to school.
Malisia didn’t seem all that angry today, but she was not quite forgiving either. Tala watched his actions around her and stepped carefully. Destiney sighed in relief when the test was done. They had an English test tomorrow, and Destiney had a bad feeling about that test. She had not done too well at the last test they had, nor the last essay. English had never really been her strong subject, not like maths and biology.

Silver, that mostly kept to herself came to join them during their break. The other were surprised to find that Malisia wasn’t even angry with her for trying to split Nate and her. She smiled at her and mouthed a low "thank you" to the dark haired girl. Silver said nothing but simply nodded.
Destiney had big trouble understanding what was bugging Kai. His mood would swing and change all the time. One moment he was all quiet and distant, the next he was yelling at her, fuming with anger.

Destiney really had a good time pestering him. For once it was him that had the bad temper and not her. It was not in her nature to be cruel, but Kai forced out sides by her that she had not even been aware of. So she simply couldn’t help herself, she had to piss him off. It was incredibly satisfying to see him explode, and she could see why he enjoyed pestering her.

-Kais POV-

She still doesn’t know, that must be the only explanation. Otherwise I know she would have been just as moody as I am. I still cant believe it! I actually made out with that brat!!! And this annoying voice in my head keeps bugging me...I wish she would stop tormenting me, turn my world upside down. I wish she had never moved here, I would have been better off then. Dont get me wrong, I do enjoy pestering her to death, but I don’t like the way she influences me.

I wonder if anyone else knows about it? I have noticed the sly grin on my sisters face every time she casts a glance at me and Destiney. I just pray that she wont tell the others, they would bother me for the rest of my life if they knew.

-End Kais POV-

School ended, and they were all happy to go home for today. "And Dizzy? Dont forget practise today!" Destiney shook her head. "I wont,Malis!" She entered her house, Rei right behind her. He gasped when he saw the hall. She grinned and dragged him along. In the living room they found Dmitri playing around with a girl about his own age with curly, blonde locks and blue eyes. When he saw them, he ran over to her and insisted that he should introduce her to this friend. The girl stood up and smiled at them. "Sis,this is Madelene.Maddy, this is my big sis".

Destiney chuckled. "Hello there...You two play nice, ok?" Both children nodded and continued playing around. Rei was really fascinated by her room, especially all the pictures she had decorated her wall with. She had a whole lot of pictures of the gang, and it was always either herself, Nate or Malisia that took the pictures. "Your brother likes to take pictures, doesn’t he?" She nodded. "How is he today?"

"Fine, except from a little fever and headache".They decided to get some of their homework done, and she let Rei correct her English-work.
He handed her back the papers with a frown and looked embarrassed. "Um, Dizzy? Have you considered to get a tutor? To help you and stuff like that, you know".She blinked. Was her spelling really that bad?

She shook her head. They were called downstairs for dinner. It turned out to be a pretty wild dinner now that her parents were away. They would be home this weekend. Destiney and Nate had decided to say nothing about the fight to their parents, in case they would be angry with Tala. The weather had calmed down, and it was luckily alright enough for them to use their bikes to get to Jades place.

Aya opened the door and invited them inside. The two other girls were already there. They were a little surprised to see that Rei had come too. "Hm, we are missing someone to play the guitar now that Nate is sick. You know how to play the guitar, don’t you Rei?" He shrugged. "I only know what Kai has taught me...But I can give it a go".In the start it was pretty slow, it had been a while since they had been playing together, and on top of that Rei wasn’t very used with the guitar. But they eventually got the hang of it.

"Well done folks! I think we can say we are finished for today".They packed their things away and went back upstairs. The girls started talking about typical girls-stuff. Rei wasnt embarrassed or bored by this at all. He simply smiled and took part in the conversation as far as he could. It was late when they came back to Destineys, and they decided to go to bed. While they were playing a game of cards she asked Rei: ”Um,Rei? Do you know why Kai has been so moody? Yesterday he just split during a lesson".A teasing smile slipped across Reis face.

"Why are you asking about such a thing? Could it be that you are worried about him?" When Destiney understood the meaning of his words she grabbed a pillow and threw it at the Chinese boy ."No!" Rei laughed and grabbed a pillow of his own to defend himself. The cards flew everywhere, but they didn’t care and continued their little fight.

Nate was back on his feet the next morning, ready to go to school. He was still a little sick, but well enough to be among people again. It seemed like everyone was glad to have the silwerhaired boy back in the gang. Only Kai showed no reaction, but stayed as cold and distant as ever.
Destiney felt terrible when their English-test was over. She just hoped she had done ok this time. They had their lunch break and all the girls focused their attention on Nate. Malisia was resting her head against his shoulder, an arm around his slender waist.

Tala felt loneliness well up in his chest at the sight, but he managed to suppress the urge to leave the table. On the way back to class Malisia pulled him aside. He avoided her eyes, his gaze directed at his feet. Most of all he looked like he just wanted to vanish. She put a finger under his chin and lifted his head so she could look into his eyes. Then she smiled. "I am no longer mad at you, Tala. I know how much you sacrifice by letting go of me, and I appreciate it very much. Friends again?"

A small smile came to his lips, and he nodded ."Forever".She tip toed and put her arms around him. He stood perfectly still. When she let go of him they both walked into the classroom in silence.

When they were about to leave for today Aydan came over to Destiney’s desk while she was packing her bag. He bowed and smiled that cute smile of his. She felt her cheeks grow warm and red. "I was just wondering if I could have the honour of taking you out tonight? The new cinema is opening".She smiled. "I would love to come",she replied. He bowed again. "Then I will pick you up at seven".With those words he turned around and left.
She watched him leave a smile on her face. Kai felt his anger bubble under the surface. He barely managed to walk straight over to that jerk and punch him.

"A little jealous, are we?" the voice in his head mocked.

"No! So go screw yourself!" he snarled in reply.

"Just because she is your partner and nemesis it doesn’t mean that you have the right to keep her to yourself. You know that".

He so badly wished that voice would go away and leave him alone. ”I am not saying this more than once: I am not jealous!!!"

"As you wish..",the voice sighed and faded. He stared after her as she left the classroom.

Destiney finished her homework when she got home and took a shower. She did have a thing for Aydan, she had had ever since they danced together on Hallowen. And he was so much nicer than Kai was!Aydan was there exactly on time, ready to pick her up. She was wearing a normal outfit, baggy army pants and a black shirt, her hair braided. He smiled when he saw her. "As pretty as ever, my princess".

She blushed and stuttered a "thank you".

At the cinema they had some trouble deciding on which movie to see. "So, what do you wanna watch?” she asked while looking at the selection.
he shrugged. "You decide while I go and get us some popcorn".her choice fell upon an action movie .The romantic movies had never been very appealing to her. While watching the movie Aydan slipped an arm around her shoulders, and she leaned on him, a little smile on her face. She did really like Aydan.. So why couldn’t she stop thinking about that blue haired moron???

Even without being present he managed to pester her life. Afterwards they bought some take away food before he took her back home. As the gentleman he was, he followed her all the way to the door. "I had a lovely evening, Aydan. Thank you very much".He tilted his head to the side and smiled. She felt her knees go all jelly. "You are welcome, Dizzy. I hope we can do this some other time?"

She nodded. Aydan gave her a peck on the cheek and walked back to his car. She had butterflies in her stomach when she closed the door behind her and went to the kitchen. The maid welcomed her home and asked if there was anything she could get her, but she smiled and told her no before disappearing to her room.

Kai was in a mood the day after aswell. But even his bad mood couldn’t ruin hers. "So, how was your "date" last night?"he asked, venom dripping from every word. She just smiled at him and flicked his nose. "Great! Thanks for asking! By the way, what did you do in the last task in maths? I did it in several ways, but I am not quite sure which one is correct".He snorted .He really hated to see her this happy when he was feeling so down himself.