Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Moving to California ❯ All worried ( Chapter 39 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


Disclaimer:I do not own beyblade,nor do I own the characters from the show that are used here in this ficcy.Satisfied?


All worried



When she opened her eyes again it was cold, she was shaking. Something was missing. Sitting up she found that the reason she was cold was that the bedcovers were sprawled all over the floor and Kai was gone. She yawned and stood up. It was still night, but she couldn’t sleep right now anyways, so she let her feet take her wherever they wanted. Strangely enough she ended up in the basement, in the skating room. There she also bumped into her nemesis. She was surprised to see him. Now he was dressed in a tight, black t-shirt that showed of all his muscles and a black pair of pyjama pants. He raised his head when he heard someone coming and froze when he saw who it was.

” What are you doing down here, brat? Shouldn’t you be asleep now?" he asked mockingly. She stuck her tongue out at him.

" It is none of your business what I spend my nights doing, is it now?" He shrugged and continued his skating. Earlier that day when they had been skating down here, they had left their skateboards. She picked up one. "Wanna go for a round?" she smiled. He nodded. "Ready, set go!"

Both teens threw themselves into it with eagerness, determined to prove that they were the best. They disappeared into their own, little world where no one else existed at the moment, just like they did every time they were duelling in one way or another. Destiney was about to land after a leap when one of the wheels broke apart, sending her flying off the skateboard. There was a loud `crack` as she landed, and she screamed in pain when she hit her elbow hard. Gritting her teeth she tried to hold back her tears. The pain was unbearable, and she was gasping for air. Kai was instantly by her side, his face worried. She was clutching her elbow and whimpering while the tears were streaming down her now pale face.

” Are you ok?" he asked. Mentally he slapped himself. Such a stupid question to ask..."Hurts..",was all she managed to say. He realised he would have to take her to a doctor right away and scooped her up into his arms. Instead of waking up everyone he decided to take her to the hospital himself. It wasn’t necessary to worry the others. He grabbed his car keys and a jacket before he disappeared out the door. The traffic was luckily not as heavy as during daytime. He glanced at Destiney. She was about to loose consciousness. ”Hang on, Destiney.. We’ll be there in a min, ok?"

He parked his car and lifted her up again before he entered the hospital. It took a while to get a doctor that could help them. Kai was asked to fill out some papers on the patient He was surprised to find that he remembered both her phone number and address without even thinking twice. When he finished this he dumped into a chair. Slowly he fell asleep.

He was woken up by a young nurse. He blinked sleepily and tried to stifle a yawn. ”What time is it?" he asked. "It is almost 9 am, Mr. Hiwatari. You can come see Miss. Raiden now if you like to".He nodded and followed her.

Destiney was lying in a bed, her left elbow bandaged, her eyes closed in deep sleep. The nurse left him alone. With slow, uncertain steps he walked over to the bed and sat down in the chair that stood there. His movements were nervous as he took her hand and entwined their fingers. No matter how much he hated her, he found it totally impossible to hate her right now. She looked so little and helpless...so unlike the Destiney he was used to, the one that shouted at him and argued. He felt a huge relief at the thought that she was ok. It was starting to annoy him that he cared so openly. He could really just call his sister and ask her to come. But he couldn’t get himself to do that. Destiney most likely needed to have someone here, and the others weren’t here.

Destiney was slowly starting to wake up again, but couldn’t open her eyes. She felt that someone was holding her hand. A soft, singing voice reached her ears. The drugs kept her down, and she felt sleep sneak upon her again.

Malisia panicked slightly when her brother called her and told that he was at the hospital with Destiney. Kai told her to calm down and wake up Nate so he could come home and get some sleep. "The brat managed to ruin my sleep pretty well",he stated and hung up. Malisia woke up everyone except Tala, who had just gone to bed and was sleeping tightly.

When Destiney Raiden finally regained full consciousness she noticed that she was lying in a hospital bed. What was she doing here? All she could recall was that she had been duelling Kai and hit her elbow. Looking down she discovered that her arm was wrapped up in bandages.

"Finally awake?" She recognised her father’s voice and turned her head. he was standing by the window, watching her. ”Is mom here too?" He nodded and sat down in the chair beside the bed. "What happened? Who brought me here?" She sat up to stretch her numb limbs.

"We got a phone call from the hospital about an hour ago. The doctor told us that the young Hiwatari had brought you here in the middle of the night".

She blinked in surprise. Had Kai brought her here? Maybe he didn’t hate her as strongly as he wanted everyone to think? Maybe he.. She shook her head lightly, refusing to end that line. Kai hated her, and she hated him!

All her friends showed up later that day, gathering in a circle around her to hear what had happened, asking if she felt better and so on. She noticed that a certain arrogant bastard was missing. Rei had even bought her chocolate. The doctor told her that she would have to stay at the hospital until Monday evening before they could let her go. Then she would have to come for a checkups later in the week. She sure didn’t mind having a day off from school. Most of her friends stayed for a long while, except from Mariah and Danny. Tala and Dimitri turned up in the afternoon. The redhead obviously felt guilty for being asleep while she was at the hospital. Destiney assured him that it didn’t matter, he was here now. Nate and Tala stayed until the visitor-time was over. She made them go back home and pick up some stuff for her, like her toothbrush and so. They both got pretty embarrassed by the thought of finding underwear for her. She rolled her eyes and suggested that they could ask the maid to do that. When night finally fell she felt strangely warm inside. She had such great friends, and she loved them all.

Monday morning Kai felt really relieved to find that Destiney still was at the hospital. He could spend a whole day without having that annoying witch pestering his life. But as the day passed he found that he somehow was missing her. Now he had no one he could let his anger out on or shout at. He accidentally eavesdropped on Aydan, hearing how worried he was about Destiney. It annoyed Kai to no end that Aydan cared about her so openly. Rei, sitting beside him right now noticed his friend’s disliking for the brown-haired boy.

"Hey what is it that you have against Aydan? He is a nice guy".Kai snorted and started drawing in his book.

"I just don’t like him",he replied shortly. A smile spread across Rei’s face ."Has it got something to do with Dizzy".

Kai froze for a second, his face going blank. "No, why should it?" His voice had a sharp edge, but Rei didn’t give up yet.

"You don’t like the attention he shows around her?" Kai grip on the pencil tightened. "Why should I care?" He met Rei’s eyes, and the cold glare sent chills down his spine. It reminded him of ice. Rei grimaced and raised his hands in defence.

"Chill down, Kai..I meant nothing about it, ok?" The other teen smirked." I really hope so, for your sake".

Destiney was surprised when Aydan came to visit her after school. He had brought flowers with him. "You really didn’t have to...But thank you, you are too kind",she said. Aydan smiled warmly and took her hand. She felt heat rise in her cheeks at the touch. "I wanted to...It was no trouble at all",he smiled and tilted his head to the side. "This may be inappropriate to ask right now...But would you like to go out with me someday?"

"Of course! I would be delighted to",she replied quickly and squeezed his hand lightly. It warmed her heart to see how his eyes were smiling at her. He frowned and started fumbling around in his schoolbag after something. She curiously arched an eyebrow at him when he handed her an envelope. "Mr. Bocks told he to give this to you".

She got a lump in her throat as she realised that it was her last essay in English. As she was a little handicapped at the moment she made Aydan open the envelope for her. She sighed when she read what Mr. Bocks had written. Her cheeks got red when Aydan asked if it had turned out well this time.

"Um.. Let’s just say that I still suck at the subject...He actually advises me to get a tutor!" He stared blankly at her for a second. Frustrated she tried to get the papers back into the envelope, resulting in curling them badly. He smiled and took them from her, helping her. "If you want me to I can be your tutor",he suggested. Her mood got better already .

"Of course you can! That would be great!"

After all...Aydan was among the best students in class, and he was a superb writer. With him as a tutor she knew things would get better.

In the evening her parents came to visit her, bringing Dmitri with them. The boy was proud to give her a get well card that he had made himself. She smiled and hugged him lovingly. Both Nate and Tala were glad to have her back home again, and they had even threw her a little party. When Destiney entered the kitchen she had to laugh at the sight that met her. Both boys were full of flour and other sweet stuff like cream. ”Welcome home!" they grinned.

She just had to laugh when she saw the cake they had made for her .It was covered by purple cream and lots of candy. "What the heck did you put in it?" she chuckled. They both smirked, but refused to tell her. The cake proved to be pretty good, despite the colour, and had a strange taste of banana and cherries. Tala had even tried to repair her skateboard. She appreciated his try, but concluded that she would have to buy new wheels for it and get it fixed. Or she could buy a new one. It made her a little sad. After all, she had had the skateboard since she was fifteen.

The girls gave her a warm welcome when she returned to school Tuesday morning. Kai was strangely relieved to have her back. Destiney could have sworn that she saw a smile on Kai’s face as she sat down beside him. But it was gone so fast, and she couldn’t really be certain. ”Back again, brat?" She grinned and flickered his nose.

”You missed me?" He snorted. She then realised that he hadn’t denied it. She shruged. At the end of the day Aydan and Destiney had fixed it so that he would be her tutor. That meant that they were free to spend one class together every week. That made her really happy. She would get away from her arrogant partner for a little while. Kai was on his way out the door when she stopped him.

"What is it, brat? It has been a long day, I want to go home now".Her face lost all emotion, her eyes serious. ”I just wanted to say thank you for taking me to the hospital".He shrugged. "Anyone would have done the same. It is below my dignity to let anyone in great pain suffer",he said and turned around to leave. Destiney grabbed him by the arm and held him firmly.

"One last thing, Hiwatari.. This changes nothing between us. Understood?"

He loosened her grip with his hand and smiled. "I didn’t expect anything else, brat".

With those words he turned around and left. She smiled to herself. They were still enemies, and it would be her turn to humiliate him next time.

Yours sincerly,Kanilla & Nicholas