Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Moving to California ❯ What a dreadful haircolour, ne? ( Chapter 40 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Heya guys!
Nicholas:We do not own beyblade(kanilla just wishes she did so),and we do not own the characters(she even more wishes for that-evil smirk-)...We just own our OCs(and she will kill you if you steal them for some reason.....no kidding...-grins-)

Kanilla:stop being like that,Nicky..You are scaring our readers away with your foul mouth.

What a dreadful haircolour,ne?

Even if Destiney couldnt train with Rei today, she still decided to tag along with him and Mariah after school. The three of them ended up looking through old photoalbums. Destiney froze when she turned another page and simply stared at the picture.Mariah glanced at her,then at the picture she was looking at.

" He was so cute when he was little, ne?" Destiney just nodded. Kai couldnt have been older than two when the picture had been taken. Even at that time he had that blue,spiky hair and the grey eyes. But he was...smiling...a warm and friendly smile.He was sitting on a blanket in a garden,his arms around a teddybear,his thumb into his mouth.And idea popped up in her head all of a sudden."Rei,may I borrow this picture until tomorrow?"

He looked at her with wondering in his eyes." Sure..."

She was struggling hard to keep the smirk of her face.It was about time the bluehaired moron was repayed.

Kai was really suspicious when he saw how Destiney was grinning Wednesday morning.

" What is up with you today, brat?" he asked while trying his best not to sound curious.

" Nothing!" she replied quickly.

He got this strange feeling that whatever she was up to somehow involved him.But he didn`t find out what it was until they had their lunch break.It seemed like people were watching him from the corner of their eyes,grinning or smirking whenever they saw him. When he walked past the notepad in the hall something caught his attention.His face went crimson red with embarrassement when he saw that it was an enlarged picture of himself as a baby. Quickly he tore the picture down and curled it into a ball before he tossed it in the bin. At the next notepad he found another one, even bigger. He searched the whole school, and winded up with a bunch of pictures in his hands. Furious at this insult he returned to the classroom, well knowing who was guilty for this. At the blackboard he found another picture. He tore that one down too and threw it in the bin with an angry movement. Sitting down beside his rival he glared daggers at her.

" I know you did it! You just wait!" he hissed.

She smiled innocently and titled her head to the side.Kai had a hard time holding back is fury. So..she wanted a war? He would give her a war in that case!

After school she handed the picture back to Rei. He sighed and shook his head at her in vain.

" You do know that he is furious now right? He will pay you back for this somehow".

She nodded. She didn`t really doubt that Kai would come up with something really humiliating for her. Before she headed homewards Aya and Jade wanted to talk to her.

" Um..We kinda need a place to practice...We are fixing everything,so our houses looks like a huge mess", Aya said.Destiney told them that they could have their practice at her place.They could met there around six tonight.Dmitri was totally hyper today, and he had brought a friend with him home. The two children were constantly running around the house,making noise. Destiney wasn`t even half-finished with her homework when the others came. Because of Kai`s dare last weekend,the one about her being his slave she had to do all his homework this week. She was sick and tired of it, really wanting to strangle him.

Tala showed up in the middle of their practice,offering sandwiches to everyone. When he went back downstairs to get some more Jade tagged along to help him. They mostly just chatted about everything and nothing as they made ready the food. While Jade was cutting the bread she managed cut the back of her hand.

" Ouch!" she grimaced and let go of the knife.

" You alright?" She smiled." I`m fine,redhead. I am so clumsy".

Worried about her he took her hand in his own, examining it. A strange warmth spread through her. Tala held her hand under cold water for a little while before he found some aid band for her." There you go!" he grinned and raised his head.

Their eyes locked,and an awkward silence fell between them. Slowly and hesitantly Tala reached out his hand and brushed his fingers over her cheek. Her heart was beating fast and she felt all paralysed. With a hesitant and insecure move Tala pulled her closer and cupped her chin to raise her head. She took a deep breath,but did nothing to stop him. He swiftly kissed her before he turned away, the touch sweet and chaste. He was staring at his own feet in shame,his cheeks red. Quickly he muttered an appology and took the sandwiches with him upstairs again.

Jade couldn`t move from her spot. Her emotions were making her feel all confused at the moment. Why had she not pushed the redhead away? She was Rydan`s girl!But..she had to admit that Tala was cute. Was it possible that she somehow was in love with both boys at the same time? She shook her head lightly to clear up her thoughts before she returned to the others.

She was still just as confused when she got home that evening." What is wrong with you, Jadey? You are only this quiet when something is troubling you".

Aya was watching her with worried, brown eyes. She knew her cousin very well, and she could always tell when there was something going on with her.Jade smiled as best she could to calm her." Dont worry, it is nothing...I was just thinking of something".

Aya out a hand on her shoulder.As soon as Aya had gone to the bathroom she sneaked the phone into her pocet and disappeared into their room. After the weird day she had been through she desperately needed to hear Rydan`s voice.

" Hello?"

He sounded sleepy,and she assumed that she had woken him up.

" It is me,Rydan...I apologize if I woke you up".

" Nah, I`ll be fine.So..what is the occation?"

" Nothing...I just neeed to hear your voice again. I miss you".

She simply knew he was smiling right now.

" I miss you too..I cant wait for Christmas holidays!"

She could hear her cousin in the hall.

" Shit! I have to hang up.Miss you!"

He wasn`t even given the time to answer. Jade felt a lot better now,and went to sleep with a peaceful mind.

Destiney felt like a zoombie when she came to school the morning after. She was too tired to even argue with Kai,having stayed up all night to finish off all the homework they had.Kai grinned when she handed him the papers with a tired and angry look on her face.

"Here is your stupid homework! And don`t dare complain, Hiwatari! I spent all night doing that for you!"

He said nothing, just smirked. When Aydan came over to her after class Kai felt his anger surface again. He didn`t like the way Aydan seemed to be going along so well with his nemesis, the way he made her smile and laugh without any effort at all. He wanted to smack Aydan upside the head when he asked Destiney out. She of course had to say yes. She turned to Kai with a bright smile on her face as she sat back down.

" Kai, can I borrow a pencil from you?"

She blinked in surprise when he said in his coldest voice; borrow that pencil from someone else,brat".

His face and eyes were emotionsless when he said that, something that sent chills down her spine. She stuck out her tongue at him and asked Malisia instead. What was up with Kai? He was always acting so strange when Aydan was around. Like he was..jealous? That couldn`t be it,it was just too plain weird to be true.

She felt great when she came home. Tala smiled when he saw how happy she was and asked if she wanted to come with Rei and him over to Kai`s place. Despite the fact that they were going over to see Kai she joined them, not really caring about anything her enemy might say now. He wouldn`t spoil her mood today. Kai frowned darkly when he saw that she had tagged along, but said nothing as he let them in. Rei was already there. Destiney wasn`t really surprise to find that that Kai and he were playing the PS2. The boys sat down on the bed, while Destiney ended up on the floor, leaning against the bed. Somehow Rei managed to spill his bottle of soda all over her hair and clothes.

" REEEIIIII!!!" she squealed. He hurried to clean up the mess, but she still remained wet and sticky afterwards. Kai had to seriously pull himself together not to burst out laughing right then and there. She groaned and stood up.

" Um..Kai? You think I can have a shower and borrow some clothes?" He nodded and motioned for her to follow him.In the bathroom he found shampoo and towels for her. He could barely keep the grin of his face when he handed the things to her. So...the bottle of special hairdye that Tala had given him for his birthday would come in handy...

" I will leave some clothes outside the door afterwards". She smiled gratefully and chased him out of the room. Rei cast him a curious look when he came back to them,a satisfied smirk on his lips." And don`t ask what I have done,Rei. You will find out pretty soon", he said before Rei could open his mouth to ask the question.

Half an hour later Destiney showed up again,fuming with anger. Rei understood very well why she was angry. Parts of her hair had been dyed bright pink, while other parts only were lighter pink or white. She walked straight over to the guilty teen and grabbed him by the collar of his shirt,jerking him up.

" How dare you do such a thing?!?" she hissed angrily. Kai simply smirked evily. Rei now noticed that she was wearing Kai`s clothing. The clothes were way too big, and she looked really hilarious. He loosened her grip and pushed her away. She hissed angrily,but sat down and crossed her arms, her face all pouty. She had to get him back somehow. While Kai and Rei were downstairs eating dinner she accidentally stumbled upon a scissor. She picked it up, and a smile spread across her face. Tala stared at her like she was insane, and she motioned for him to not say anything. He grinned and nodded.

When the two other boys returned she purposely sat down on the bed behind Kai, leaving him to sit on the floor. And when he was getting really into the game she found her scissor and cut of parts of his hair. His eyes widened as he realised what she was doing, but she managed to cut off even more before he could stop her. He growled and pressed her towards the bed. Tala and Rei watched the scene with amusement." You little brat!" he spat.

She grinned up at him and let go of the scissor. That grin of hers made the last drop fall. He flung her over his shoulder and walked out of the room. She screamed in protest, banging her fists against his back. He ignored her attempts to get loose and continued. Rei chuckled when he realised where his friend was headed. He already felt sorry for Destiney.

Kai entered the small swimming hall they had and walked over to the pool. Destiney screamed loudly when he dropped her into the water. It had not been warmed up today, so it was freezing cold. She panicked totally, splashing around wildly while she coughed.

" Rei! Tala! I can`t sw...."

She went under.The three boys stared at each other in disbelief. Rei pulled off his sweater and jumped in. Moments later he returned to the surface with the girl in his arms. They helped him get her back onto dry land. Destiney had fainted, either from panick or the cold water. But she was breathing, that was what mattered right now.Tala shook her shoulders,and after a little while she opened her eyes. Rei and Tala sighed in relief and pulled her to her feet. Kai was standing a little further away, staring at his shoes.

" Sorry guys..I didn`t mean to worry you..But I can`t swim". She was shaking from cold, and Rei wrapped her up in his sweater. She glanced at Kai. He seemed ashamed somehow and walked past them without saying anything at all. The boys found some dry clothes and towels for her and Rei. A little later they were sitting in a small living room,cured up on the couch to get their warmth back. Tala had his arms around her, Rei was resting her head against her shoulder. She looked up at Tala.

" Thanks lil bro", she smiled.He laughed and ruffled her hair. She left his warm embrace and stood up,still holding the blanket close." I have to go find Kai...I`ll be back in a while".

She found him in his room. He was sitting in the window,gazing into the air. She sat down in front of him." I`m sorry".

The words were spoken in a low and bitter voice." It`s ok..How could you know that I can`t swim? The only thing you really ought to be sorry for is the dreadful haircolour you have given me!"She smiled friendly and tried to make him look at her,but he refused to raise his head.

" Hey..Forget it. I said it`s ok,did I not?"A silence fell between them.

" When Malis and I were little kids we always used to challenge each other to do all sort of wild stuff. We liked to compete, especially when it came to water. One day I swam far out,and even though I knew she wouldn`t manage the same, I didn`t stop her. She got a cramp and almost drowned. When you went under it felt like I was responsible for making someone almost drown again".

His voice was calm now. She blinked in wondering. So he was feeling guilty? He was startled when she reached out her arms and pulled him close.

" You are forgiven, so don`t fuss over it", she whispered into his ear and pulled away again." And get a haircut, your hair looks terrible".

With those words she left a very confused Kai alone.

Nate started laughing badly when he saw her new haircolour. She simply told him to go to hell.Her parents seemed to find the whole thing amusing aswell. Destiney was about to turn off the light and go to sleep when there was a knock on her door. She was surprised to find that it was Dmitri.He was holding a pillow in his left hand,a bunny in the other.

" Can I sleep here? Tala is snoring so badly I can`t sleep".She giggled and let him in.He begged her to sing him a song,and she did so.

" Nighty sis!" he chirped and pecked her cheek before he curled up in a ball beside her and fell asleep." Goodnight Vivi".


Thanks a bunch for the rewiews guys!!!! Now we have got to the point in where my story got deleted at the FF.net. So,from here on-new chapters for those who followed my story all the way from the beginning.

Yours sincerly,Kanilla & Nicholas