Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Moving to California ❯ Preparing for Christmas ( Chapter 41 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I do not own beyblade or the characters of the anime. But I do however own my OCs.

Chapter 41-Preparing for Christmas


The other girls laughed badly when she told them about everything that had happened yesteday. She left out the part about the swimming pool-incident. And it annoyed her greatly that her hair looked like one big, pink mess as she was going out with Aydan tonight. But the boy with the brown curls smiled and insisted that the colour looked good on her, if it only had been done a little more professionally.

" Do you mind if we go out another night? I don`t wanna go around looking like a big, pink neonsign".

He laughed and shook his head." Of course not...What about you come over to my place instead...? I could make us dinner".

" Sounds nice", she replied. She got his phonenumber and address, and they agreed on 7 as the right time.

Kai was back to his usual mood today,which made her incredibly relieved." So..you have a thing for Aydan?"Jade asked in a teasing tone.Destiney blushed slightly.

" He is pretty cute, if I must admit it..But I have to say, fearing that you are gonna hit me for this...You and Kai would make a much better couple", Mariah commented. This only earned her a dirty look from the whitehaired girl.

" Don`t even think about it! Kai and I will never be an item, not even if the world should fall to pieces!"

Malisia had to struggle hard to hold back her laughter. She still had not told the other girls that Destiney had been making out with Kai on Hallowen. Maybe she should? Mariah was absolutely right, Kai and Destiney would make a darn cute couple!

Destiney was all hyper as the time for her little date was nearing. She braided her hair and put on one of Nate`s hairbands to avoid looking like a `neonsign`. She dressed in comfortable, baggy army pants and a white t-shirt with the letters saying: fallen angel on her frame.Then she added just a little make up and made Tala take her there.

Aydan opened the door and invited her inside. He was dressed in an apron, holding a whisk in his left hand.

" You look gorgeous,Dizzy...", he smiled and blew her a kiss as he disappeared into the kitchen." Just sit down in the living room, I`ll be there in a hurry!"he called.

It was a nice and cosy house he lived in,and she took a look around while she waited for him to come back. All the pictures on the walls made it seem like Aydan was a pretty happy guy." Here comes the food!" He showed up again with a plate in each hand.The rest was already on the table.They sat down.

Destiney really had a nice time. He was a good chief, the food was great. If she had only been a little in love with him before, she now totally had a crush on him. He was actually everything she was looking for in a boyfriend. He was sweet, kind, talkative, caring and polite. After dinner they ended up playing Twister, something that turned out to be hilarious.

" Thank yo so much for tonight Aydan, I really had a nice time".

They were standing at the door,and Tala was waiting for her.

" Anytime,Dizzy..One last thing before you go...".

He hesitated for a moment before he leaned forward and kissed her. He pulled away with a hopeful look on his face. She smiled and tip toed to kiss him back. It was a sweet and warm kiss, and it left them both with a smile on their faces. Aydan took her hand and ran his thumb over her skin.

" Um..I was just wondering if you would do me the honour of being....".

She interrupted him with another kiss.

" I would be delighted.Goodnight Aydan, sleep tight".

With those words she turned around and walked towards the car. Tala cast her a curious look when she sat in. Her face was litherally glowing with joy.

" Are the two of you...?"

She nodded."We are".

(Please dont kill me for this,ne?I will make it up to you later on,I promise...-frowns-)

The rest of November passed quickly.Destiney had not been as happy for a long time. Aydan was the cutest ever, and she was greatly fond of him. They entered the month of December, that proved to be a very busy month, with loads of tests and homework. Christmas presents had to be bought for friends and family. Dazzling Butterflies had been practising a lot lately for the performance they were going to have on the last day of school. Destiney felt incredibly relieved when by the thought of only having this week left at school.Then they would finally have their vacation.

It was Thuesday morning and they had the last test in English this year today. She was nervous as hell, but Aydan had spent a couple of hours with her yesterday to help her, even though he had a lot to take care of himself. Out of everyone she knew, Silver appeared to be the only one that wasn`t to excited about Christmas. Destiney felt kind of sorry for her, the girl had told that she had no family around. Besides- she was a friend,so Destiney invited her to spend Christmas at her place.Silver accepted the invitation, and even though she said nothing about it Destiney knew that she appreciated it.

The girls had decided to do their shopping for gifts on their own. Destiney was going to the mall with Rei.Tomorrow was their last rehearsal in their spare time. So when school finished Destiney and Rei headed over to his place before they went to the mall. They picked one of those malls closeby that they didn`t visit very often to avoid bumping into the others. Destiney was pretty uncertain about what to buy for most of her friends still.

For Jade she bought a couple of shoes she knew her friend had been drooling over for ages. For Aya she bought the books she was missing in a serie she loved. Malisia she bought a nice perfume she knew the bluehaired girl was fond of. In the end she only had Tala and Rei`s presents left.
She absolutely had no idea what to buy them. Rei and her were sitting on a bench, resting their feet after having walked around for hours on the lookout for a fitting present.

" What do you think Tala wants for Christmas?"she asked.

Rei shrugged. "No idea...But he did mention that he had been wanting to buy an MP3 player for a while now".

She smiled." Then I`ll buy that for him!"

She stood up and stretched her legs." What about you Rei?"

He grinned." No idea! I know Kai is getting me a computer game...So, I don`t know really".

Rei looked after their shopping bags while she went to get the missing gifts. After taking care of Tala`s present she went to look for one for the ravenhaired boy. In the end she bought a green scarf with his name on. She was exhausted when she got home and tucked her presents away in her closet before she collapsed on her bed and fell asleep.

Wednesday morning she showered and made ready for school. The presents she had bought for Aina and Marco would have to be sent to England soon. She had to call her friend and ask if they had any snow yet. Just the other day she had suddenly thought about snow, feeling sad when she remembered that they didn`t get any snow here. She loved the snow, and the thought of a whole winter without snow was almost unbearable. Maybe she could persuade her father to take Nate and her back to England for a week or so?

At school she met Aydan,and he took her to the classroom before he kissed her goodbye and sat down at his own desk. She dumped onto her own chair beside Kai with a bright smile on her face.

" Good morning!" she smiled. He glared daggers at her. She shrugged and started humming softly to herself.

Kai was currently lost in his thoughts. Ever since Destiney got together with Aydan she had been so happy. She seldom got angry when he pestered her anymore and she was constantly smiling. He hated it, he really did. He wanted the old Destiney back, the one that shouted at him and always got mad. He wanted back the Destiney that...hated him. He missed to have someone to argue with, he missed a nemesis to fight with.

Jade and Aya finally had their houses back in order, almost everything new now in both houses so they had started using Jade`s basement for band practise again. All the kids in the house were totally hyper as Christmas was nearing. Rehearsal went great, all the missing pieces falling into place now. After they finished they played a couple of rounds of cards.

When Destiney came home that day she concluded that her mother was definitely acting weird today. She was smiling foxily all the time as if she was hiding something from her daughter. When she asked, Mrs.Raiden only petted her head and told her to wait and see. And no matter how she begged for her mother to tell her what it was, she kept her mouth shut.

Thursday became a busy day, everything made ready for the vacation that was coming close now. The students exchanged presents with each other and Destiney managed to get hers delivered to her friends, and got some in return from Malisia, Rei and Mariah. Jade and Aya excused themselves by saying that they had left their presents upstairs last night,and the floor had been painted, so they hadn`t been able to reach them.

" But I promise to bring them to your place by the weekend, ne?"Jade said. Destiney smiled and told her that it was ok. Friday was extra short and all the students gathered in the common hall where they played games and held contests. Dazzling Butterflies held their performance. Destiney was incredibly nervous, but it quickly passed as she grabbed the mic and started singing. They even had Tala playing the drums so Malisia could sing along with her.

" I can`t belive it!! Holiday!!" Mariah and Jade squealed once outside school, bouncing around in joy. Everyone gave each other a big hug before they parted (well..except from Dizzy and Kai of course...), and Nate recieved a big kiss from his girlfriend." See you later, hon!"

When Destiney,Tala and Nate came home the house had been decorated,and in the kitchen Mrs.Raiden and Dimitri were busy making cookies.

" Hello children..You wanna join us?" She turned to Dimitri and ruffled his hair lovingly.

" Vivi and I have been enjoying ourselves here in the kitchen", she smiled. Destiney had really planned to wrap presents after school today, but she figured it could wait for a little while. The three of them joined in and it ended with a food war.

Thanks for the rewiews guys!!!

Hey L3V@ N@- you really read it over the phone to your friend? Aww.....that is so cute!

Yours sincerly, Kanilla & Nicholas