Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Moving to California ❯ Hell breaks loose ( Chapter 47 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hm..Dmitri is one smart little kiddo^^

47-Hell breaks loose

It was pretty crowded at the mall today, and it made Tala feel a little awkward. He didn`t like big crowds that much. He bought a big ice cream for his brother and one smaller for himself. They sat down on a bench to enjoy the sugary substance. Dmitri was thrilled to get his fave ice cream- a huge, childish smile on his face as he ate. Suddenly he leapt off the bench and ran away from Tala.

» Vivi!»

He relaxed when he saw who the boy had found. The boy took Jade`s hand and lead her along to where his big brother was sitting. Tala felt his heart skip a beat when Jade wawed her hand at him. wawed in return. He had trouble not thinking about how pretty she was today.

She was keeping her hair hanging loose, flowing down her shoulders like water, and as usual she was twirling it around her fingers. She was wearing some kind of dress with a split on the left side, the colour deep bluis/greenish. Tala had to mentally slap himself to not start drooling over her.

» Hey Tala!»

Jade wawed a hand in front of his face, he snapped out of his trance and laughed.

» Sorry..I was just thinking about something...» he apologized. She smiled.

» No problem, hon».

A ting of pink appeared on his cheeks, and he turned his head slightly away so she wouldn`t notice. Jade looked at him puzzled. Had he really blushed when she said that?

» Kiki..why is your face so red?» the little boy asked curiously.

» Um..for no reason» he replied quickly to shut up his brother.

Inwardly he was fighting a battle with his inner demons. He so badly wanted to tell her how he felt about her. But on the other side..he was afraid to be rejected again. He didn`t think he could handle another rejection very well. He smiled nervously.

» I should go...I have to get something for Aya. See ya boys!» she excused herself.

Dmitri wawed frantically at her for a little while before he turned to his big brother.

» If you like her so much, why don`t you just tell her?» he asked.

Tala was jawdropped, not knowing what to answer. Was it really that obvious?

» None of your business,little one» he said with a little grin and ruffled his hair lovingly. Dmitri`s face became pouting.

On their way home Tala was deep in thought, and only half listened to what his brother said. He decided that he would have to tell her soon. He just needed to find the right time and place to do it...

Destiney went to bed, but could just not seem to be able to sleep. She felt lonely for some reason. Emptiness was overwhealming her,and she grabbed her pillow tighter. She left her bed and entered the hallway outside. She didn`t bother trying to be quiet, no one would hear her anyway. Destiney knocked her brother`s door and opened it. Nate was sitting on the floor, drawing something that looked like anime.

» Hi sis..what`s up?»

She sat down and embraced him. He blinked in surprise and hugged her back.

» What`s wrong sis?»he asked softly. She shrugged.

» Dunno..I just don`t wanna be alone. Can I stay here?» She let go of him and looked at him pleadingly with her big,babyblue eyes.

» Of course you can!» he grinned, earning a gratefule smile from his sister.

Monday she mostly stuck by Silver`s side. There was something soothing about that girl. She would never bug her with questions, and her sarcastic sense of humour felt nice for a change. Spending the day with her made Destiney feel a whole lot better. Detention that day didn`t go all smooth, as she might have wished for. Or to rather say...it was a living hell.

Kai of course managed to piss her off, and in the end they both ended up screaming at each other from the top of their lungs. At one point in the argument he managed to hurt her by shouting that she was just a worthless bitch that didn`t deserve to be loved by anyone. She felt tears sting in her eyes, threatening to fall any second.

» Do you think you`re so much better yourself, Hiwatari? If the only way you can feel better by is to shout at me..then you are really pathetic» she said bitterly and grabbed her bag before dashing out of the room.

He dumped onto his chair again, his face blank. He already regreted everything he had told her. She was right..he really was pathetic. A cold, cynical bastard, that was him...Despair grabbed hold of him, and he buried his head in his hands.

Destiney went straight over to Rei`s place after the intense argument. It was quite the long way to go, but she didn`t bloody care.All she wanted right now was to get away from that blue haired bastard named Kai Hiwatari. Rei was a little worried when he saw her tearstained face.

» Dizzy..have you been crying?» he asked. She nodded and shortly explained that she had been arguing with her rival. He smiled in understanding and asked if she was hungry. A smile slipped across her face as she nodded and followed him to the kitchen. That was one of the things she liked so much about Rei. He would always understand and would always know what to do to make you feel better.

Wednesday afternoon it was band practice, and Destiney barely managed to get something to eat before she and Nate had to leave. At Jade`s house they were faces with a raging mad Jade, closely followed by a just as mad Aya.

» Leave me alone!»

Jade screamed loudly and slammed the door on her way out. Aya growled and shouted a curse at her cousin ebfore she stomped back up the stairs. They stood watching her disappear in confusion until Malisia came.

» They suddenly started arguing over some silly thing,and it developed into a major fight...» she explained.

» I assume there will be no band practice today then?»Nate asked. Malisia shrugged and took his hand.» Let`s go keep Aya company meanwhile, ne?»

Tala was mildy surprised when Jade showed up at the doorstep. He had been in the hall to get his wallet (in the pocket of his jacket of course) when the doorbell rang. When he opened he had been faced with a teary Jade. In the next moment she was hanging around his neck.

» What is it, Jadey? Did something happen?» he asked worriedly and embraced her. She sniffled and wiped her eyes.

» Aya and I were fighting...and I didn`t want to be all alone...Everyone else are busy» she explained. He freed himself of her arms.

» Come upstairs with me then, ne?»

She nodded and took his hand, entwining their fingers.Tala`s mouth went dry.She was holding his hand by free will!!! Dmitri was out playing with a friend,so the bedroom was all peaceful and quiet.

Jade dumped onto his bed and sat with her head lowered. Tala made the maid bring a bowl of ice cream and a cup of cocoa for the aquahaired girl. He had learned a trick or two during the years on how to cheer up a girl..as he had a couple of female friends. Jade smiled gratefully and dug in on the ice cream. While eating she told what had happened back at her house.

« We said so many awful things to each other...She said I was cheap...» She raised her head, tears in her eyes again.» But all the things I shouted at her were just as bad...» She put away the now empty bowl and cup and hugged her knees.

» What if she hates me now? We have been fighting before..but never like this» she whispered sadly. Tala hesitated for a second before he pulled her onto his lap and put his arms around her.


« She doesn`t hate you...the two of you are too good friends for such a thing» he comforted. She leaned on him,resting her head against his shoulder. He felt his heart beat rapidly in his chest. He sure didn`t want to exploit this situation..but what if he never got another chance?

« Jadey?»

« Um?»

Taking a deep breath he took the leap, not thinking about the consequences.

» I have a confession to make...I think I`m in love with you». She froze for a second,and he was certain that he had fucked up everything. She raised her head and looked at him wondering.

» Really? You ain`t fooling around with me..are you Tala?»

He shook his head.

» No, I mean it..I can`t stop thinking about you»He smiled and brushed away some bangs of aqua hair from her face. She sat all quietly and looked at him with those eyes, still with her arms around him.

» May I?» He dipped his head down. She didn`t say he could, nor did she protest when he pressed his lips onto hers. It was a sweet and chaste kiss and he pulled away.

» I know you are Rydan`s girl...But if you ever get enough of him..I`ll be here for you..maybe the two of us could-» She placed a finger onto his lips to shut him up.

» I need time to think about this, Tala...You understand that, don`t you?»He smiled brightly,his eyes sparkling.

» Take all the time you need..I am in no hurry».

She nodded and leaned on him again, closing her eyes this time.tala was about to bounce on the walls in happiness. She hadn`t turned him down!!! Right now hew as content like this...with just holding her close. He couldn`t have felt better.

Destiney was also very surprised to find Jade in Tala`s company. Her friend didn`t want to go home and asked if she could stay the night. The two girls sat listening to music while chatting and eating some snacks.

» Why did you go to Tala today?» Jade turned her head away,not wanting to let the white haired girl see that she was blushing madly.

» Well..I thought that sicne you guys were with Aya ,and Rei is with Mariah today...Tala was the only one left»

« What about Kai then?»Jade shook her head.

» Sure, Kai is my buddy and all..but we don`t stand close to each other that way..We have never told each other secrets and stuff».

Destiney nodded in understanding. She did suspect that Jade had more than one reason for going to see Tala though.

» Jadey? Are you crushing on Tala?» Jade managed to choke on a piece of chocolate, and Destiney had to hit her in the back for her not to choke. When she looked up again her face was all flushed, her cheeks crimson red.

» Um..why do you think that?» she asked. Destiney giggled and ruffled her hair.

» Because you blush everytime I mention his name» Jade grinned mischievously.

» Yuppers..you`re right on that one...I do have a thing for Tala» she admitted with her head lowered.

« But you`re together with Rydan...?»Jade sighed.

» I just don`t know anymore...I care about both boys exactly the same, and I really don`t wanna let go of Rydan..But is it not better to have boyfriend that lives close by? I see Rydan like a couple of times a year Besides, I discovered today that Tala is in love with me»

Destiney put an arm around her shoulder and smiled.

» I won`t tell you what`s the right thing to do...But I can tell you that you sure do have a point.But you have to do as you feel like, little one» Jade nodded and rested her head on her shoulder.

» Thanks for being around when I need you...Normally I would tell these things to Malis or Mariah..but since they aint around, it`s ok to talk to you. But you have to promise not to tell anyone,ne?»

« Malis..Do you think she is mad at me still?» asked a worried Aya. Malisia shook her head and smiled. Aya hung her head.» You know Jadey...I dont she was mad really,just a little hurt».

« I wonder where she went yesterday after your fight» Mariah mumbled absently as she stared off into space. The three girls sat in their usual spot in the corner of the classroom.The bell had not rung yet, and they were almost the only ones inside yet.

» Um..I better go now..See ya later girls!» Mariah said and left them alone.They both raised their heads when they hear some familiar voices. Jade was staring at her own feet as she walked.

» Hiya girls!» Destiney greeted and sat down on a chair by their table. Tala and Jade sat down too.Then,in unison the two cousins started talking.

»I am so sorry for all those things I said! I didn`t mean any of it!» Everyone blinked in surprise and burst out laughing. The two cousins blushed in embarrassement.

» I`m so sorry,Jadey..Friends again?» Jade smiled brightly and embraced her.

» Of course we are!I dont know what I would do without you!»

Destiney scowled darkly at Kai as he came into the room, and earned a dark glare in return when she went to sit with Aydan. She dumped onto his lap and put ehr arms around his neck. With a smile she kissed him,and hoped dearly that she would piss Kai off by doing so.

He snorted and tried to look away but found that it was impossible to tear his eyes of the couple. A sharp pain grabbed hold of his heart in that moment. Finally he managed to look another way, and lowered his head, staring at his hands instead. He didn`t like that she was Aydan`s girlfriend. He liked even less that she was sitting on his lap, kissing the brow haired boy right in front of him. His hands balled up in fists as his anger kept bubbling under the surface.

Destiney belonged to him! he thought angrily.

Jade was deep in thought all day, casting nervous glance sin tala`s direction constantly. Destiney smiled and gave her the thumbs up.

-End chapter-