Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Moving to California ❯ Forgival in a song ( Chapter 52 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


Either way, enjoy! I decided not to be mean in this chapter....some, a nice conversation between our beloved Kai & Destiney....

Disclaimer: the usual thing.....said it so many times before^^ I just own my OCs


Forgival in a song

The house was quiet next morning.The guests had left to go to school.Mr.Raiden had decided to let his daughter and her friend sleep and stay the day home. He himself was at work. There was a note left on the kitchen desk, reading: happy birthday Dee.There is cake for you in the fridge. Dad».

She shook her head.

« Malis..I can`t get it off my mind...I dont want cake, let`s go see how Nate and Tala are doing instead»

Her friend nodded and suggested that they could take her car to the hospital, it was parked in the garage. It seemed like the sky was mourning too, grey clouds covering the sun beyond.Mrs.Raiden had spent all night in the hospital by her son`s side and was now sound asleep in a chair. Destiney woke her up and demanded her to go home and get some sleep in a BED-and not a chair. She winded up sitting by her brother`s bed, watching him closely. His life was outside danger now the doctors had told her and they believed he would recover and regain his strenght. If they were lucky maybe he would wake up soon too.

« Quite some birthday....Or what do you say, Nate? I just wish you could wake up soon..I miss you» she sighed. Nate stayed just as unmoving in the bed. She stood up from the chair and let Malisia stay with him for a while.

« But where are you going?»

« I`m going to see Tala...» she muttered and closed the door behind her.

» And tell Kai that I`m sorry for shouting at him...» she added to herself. But when she entered the room she could only spot Tala. There was no sign of her rival even spending time at this place.

« He has probably gone home then...»

Tala was apparently sound asleep, the one side of his head bandaged, bruises marking his cheeks. She sat looking at him, thoughts elsewhere.

« I wonder if your pal is avoiding me, Tala....I think I hurt him yesterday. But we are rivals, so why should what I said affect him so much? I mean...we`re rivals!»

« Well.. I think he likes you»

She literally jumped into the air at the sound of his voice.

«You`re awake??»

He nodded with a little smile. She helped Tala sit up in the bed, supporting him with two pillows behind his back. He raised a hand to his head with a snort.

« I probably look ridiculous with this thing around my face» he mumbled. She smiled and gave a nod in agreement.

« You sure do...But what did you mean by what you said? About Kai liking me?»

He smirked mischievously and placed a finger under her chin.

« Is it not just obvious, little one? Some time during it all..he must have fallen in love with you. I know my pal very well,Dizzy»

She lowered her head.

« If Malisia says so too..then it must be right...»

« How is Nate? The doctors wouldn`t tell me anything at all...»

« He will survive..The condition was critical for a while, that was why I got so pissed off at Kai. Since he was the one driving the car I mean».

Tala nodded in understanding and squeezed her hand lightly.

« If my head could just stop pounding...» he sighed. She giggled and kissed him on the forehead.

« Dizzy? Happy birthday by the way...»

She smiled gratefully and left the room.

After school everyone else rushed to the hospital, every single one of them worried about Nate and Tala. Destiney just couldn`t stand staying at the hospital anymore, it reminded her of the time she had fallen from the balcony at Aina`s place and almost broken her back in the process. She had been handicapped for several weeks afterwards.

So she went back home to get something to eat. Her mother tried to cheer her up with her usual chit-chat, and she found the present from herself and her husband. Destiney looked at it with uncertain eyes, unsure if she should open it now or when Nate got better. Mrs.Raiden seemed to understand her issue and motioned for her to open it, a warm smile on her face. Inside was a video camera.

« Thanks mom...»

Mrs.Raiden hugged her daughter.

« You`re welcome sweetheart...Don`t forget to thank your father too, ne?»

Destiney nodded and went to see if she could figure out how to use her present.

Kai felt pretty shitty right now. His shoulder was stiff and it hurt. Heck, he couldn`t even move the damn thing!!! But it was the fact that it felt as if someone had crushed his heart and left him behind to bleed that hurt the most. Still he couldn`t get Destiney`s words out of his head. Her eyes when she told him that....She had meant it,he was certain of it.

« Kai? What are you thinking of?» asked Rei worriedly.

Ha hated to see his buddy down like this. It didn`t happen often,Kai usually held a lot of apathy, but when he got depressed it could get near to the point of danger. The last time he got really down he ended up running away for a couple of days, not letting anyone know where he had been off to when he came back.

« Nothing Rei..Why do you care? I`m just thinking..ok?»

Rei decided once again to not press the matter any further. He had this feeling that Destiney Raiden was what Kai had on his mind.

Nate woke up again Thursday afternoon. Malisia was the one sitting with him at the moment and she practically glomped him, kissing his face all over. Nate just smiled weakly and asked if he had been long gone. Destiney was nearby too with her camera.

« Nate! You`re awake!»

He nodded and let them hug him carefully.

« Where did you get that camera?»

« I got it from mom and dad on our birthday...Congrats on being 18, Nathaniel».

It got quite noisy later on when the others showed up, and the nurse had to tell them to take it easy and don`t tire out the patient entirely, he needed a lot of rest if he was to recover. Nate looked a little fuzzy after the blow to his head and he had forgotten a lot of things- like important dates, the color of his room and so on...Insignificant things maybe, but the doctors said that they would come back to him as the days passed by.

They wanted to keep him at the hospital until tomorrow. Tala had been released Wednesday and he wasn`t wearing that bandage around his head anymore(which he was thrilled to get away from-lol-).He also had forgotten important things. Several times he forgot what he had just been doing in the middle of it, something that caused fits of laughter among them.

Destiney became worried when Kai didn`t turn up at school the whole week. She hadn`t seen him for ages, not since....That, she thought a frown slipping across her face. She just knew that he was avoiding her. Malisia`s answer when she asked where he was seemed a little uneasy, and Destiney assumed that she wanted to protect her twin brother.


« Come on Kai! Stop moping around and get your lazy ass out from that room of yours!!!» she exclaimed in annoyance as she tore the door open and entered her brother`s room. Kai was lying on the bed, hands behind his head comfortably, eyes closed.

« You can`t avoid her for all eternity! So get some decent clothes onto your body `cause we are going to celebrate their birthday!»

She pulled out a pair of black, baggy pants and a black t-shirt from his closet and threw them right in his face. He growled, telling her to buzz off and sat up.

« Why don`t you go? I don`t feel like going out».

She rolled her eyes at him and grabbed the clothes then his ear and pulled him along out of the room.

« You dont`t feel like it? Hah! You are coming along whether you like it or not-dear brother! You have a performance to do...and you are bloody going to do it, I won`t let you back out on me now!!!»

He growled again but snatched his clothes from her and slammed the bathroom door shut as he walked inside. Malisia smiled to herself in satisfaction.

« Um..can`t I even have a little peek?» Nate asked impatiently.

« No my dear...Just wait a little longer»

Everyone were gathered in the living room, the gang and Destiney and Nate`s parents, Dmitri as well. Aya glanced at her watch. As if on cue Malisia came dashing into the room, dragging Kai along behind her.

« Sorry I`m late...Someone refused to leave their burrow» she said, glaring at a certain bluenette. Aya smiled and signaled for everyone to get ready with a quiet move of her hand. Malisia gave her the thumbs up and pulled Kai along over to the instruments.

Tala grinned widely at the sight of his pal being dragged around like this. Kai seemed strangely....passive today, he thought with a snicker. Everything was ready,and Rei signaled for the binds before the twin`s eyes to be removed. The sound of a piano could be heard followed by the guitar. Destiney could do nothing but stare at Kai as he raised his microphone and started singing.

These games I playing
always going to far
hurting the ones I love
the ones who care
about me

Reaching the far end
I will standin solitude
cause even love has it`s limits
they will all leave me
at one pointed

She was speachless. He seemed so much more alive, so much more vibrant when he sang than he usually did. His face was a mask of sadness, guilt and intensity. The normally cold,grey eyes were now like mirrors to his soul. She hadn`t heard his voice many times, and both times before had been wonderful. But now....she had never heard anything like it. His voice was deep and soft at the same time, velvety.

These games I play
leave no room for forgiveness
it`s a poison that runs through my veins
pushing aside my loved ones

In this game
we are all loosers
suffering the loss of what could have been
without my pervert destruction

The song ended, the whole room silent as the grave. Kai opened his eyes, they were sparkling in the dim light. He cast a look at those watching him before he bowed and walked out of the room.

That song..He had just asked for her forgival, had he not? She looked to Malisia whom mouthed a quiet «go after him» and gave her the thumbs up.She stood up from the couch and ran down the corridor after him.

« Kai-wait!» she called.

He stopped and waited for her,facing her. He lowered his head as she stood before him. A smile slipped across her face when she placed a finger under his chin and raised his head again. His eyes were teary.

« The song...was beautiful. And you are forgiven...I didn`t mean what I shouted at you-I just needed a scapegoat at the moment!»she apologized. He smiled weakly.

« Thanks...» he muttered.

She tip toed and placed her arms around his neck, pulling him into a hug. He stood passivly, his heart beating like mad. She let go of him and ran back the same way she had come.
She didn`t hate him? His heart skipped a beat at the though.

« You idiot!! You shouldn`t have let her go!!!» the voice in his head hissed angrily.

« Why not?»

A moan could be heard.

« You`re really thickheaded, ne? First you deny being in love for more than six months, then you miss the chance to tell her how you feel about her!!»

He smiled slightly.

« There will always be another chance...» he whispered lowly and walked away.

-End chapter-

Thanks for the rewiews my lovlies!

Yours sincerly, Kanilla & Nicholas