Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Moving to California ❯ Poor Natey! ( Chapter 51 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

And I do not own Beyblade or the characters from the anime, just my OCs. hehe..read and see why I named this chapter Poor Natey-evil look-


51-Poor Natey!

When she came home Friday afternoon she dumped onto her bed and stayed there. She had to buy a present for her twin during the weekend.It was no problem really, she knew of a couple anime movies he wanted. After she was going to visit Aydan, he had invited her over for dinner. She was pretty uncertain about her feelings regarding Aydan. She was fond of him,she really was...But was that enough? She would have to kiss him again to find out. It was still a while left until she was going to his place..might as well go for a walk in the park, no?

The park was for once quiet this afternoon, there were few children outside playing. Usually there would be a bunch of kids playing soccer nearby, shouting and cheering for their friends and teammates as they played. She dumped onto the grass, feeling relieved at the clam atmosphere of the park and the trees sourrounding her. The skaters caught her attention, and she furrowed her brows in displeasure when she spotted Kai among them.

He stopped and took one of his many skateboards in his hand, running his other hand through the messy bangs that were covering his forehead, slightly damp from sweat. He was wearing one of his usual black t-shirts and pairs of baggy pants, a chain hanging from his left hip. The wind gently tugged at his hair, whipping it about carefully. He looked like...some God from an ancient mythology, gorgeous and downright sexy. She blushed slightly at the thought, her nose turning up. Naaaw...It was Kai after all.

She wanted to leave the moment he spotted her sitting there. He was not coming over, oh no he was not! She prayed silently. Curse Lady Luck though, she sighed once Kai said something to one of the other skater guys and came her way. What did he want? Oh well, better not be too rude towards him..No matter how little she liked him. The tall teen stood before her, blocking off the sunlight with his frame.

« Hi there brat» he said casually.

« Hi»

He didn`t ask if she minded having him join her, he just flopped himself onto the grass beside her, once again running a hand through his hair, almost as if uneasy by the situation. She eyes him warily from the corners of her eyes, she thought he knew already..He just didn`t seem to care all that much.

« What are you doing here?»

« Hm...Making time pass» she replied truthfully.

He shrugged his shoulders as if to say «yeah, me too» and became quiet. It was hard to figure out what was going on inside that head of his, there was no readable expression on his handsome face. At least he wasn`t being a bother. They sat in silence for a little while before she suddenly found him sitting face to face with her, staring intensely into her eyes.

« Um Kai, is something wrong?» she asked anxiously.

« Yes»


« Hm...I wonder if she is in. At least I`ll surprise her if she is!» Aydan chuckled happily to himself, his hands tucked away in his pockets as he walked down the path at his feet, enjoying the warm weather. He had decided that he could go see Destiney today and surprise her..Maybe take her out or something instead of having her come over to his place. He stopped at spotting two familiar figures sitting on the grass further away from him. He doubted they could see him, but he could see them clearly. What was his girl doing in the company of that...that guy?

-Kai pov-

I never thought it would come to this...Here I am, sitting in front of the girl that has been my rival for months. What am I trying to accomplish? I don`t know myself, I can`t answer that question all that well..Or answer it at all if someone asked me about it.

She looks..really beautiful, even the flowers nearby doesn`t catch my attention as I keep my eyes fixed on her, my rival..my-

I don`t know. I don`t even know what I`m doing anymore.

-Normal pov-

Destiney was near to becoming scared from the thick silence between them as he just kept staring. What was going on? Was he testing her for some odd reason? She didn`t understand...Even Kai seemed uncertain of what was actually going on here as he leaned forward and made her back away, ending up on her back on the soft grass. Kai loomed over her, his hands at the sides of her head as he inched closer.

« Kai..What are you-»

She never got further until a pair of warm lips were pressed to her own for a moment, the kiss being soft and gentle..and absolutely wonderful, she added as he pulled back. She stared up at him with wide eyes, heart pounding wildly in her chest.

Kai gulped, this time he had really done it(though why he didn`t know...), she would get pissed. Partly he hoped she would get into a fit of anger and shout him senseless. Another part hoped she would throw her arms around his neck and ....kiss him in return. He supressed that part of him and forced a smirk onto his face.

« Gotcha there...You shouldn`t let down your guard so easily brat» he said smugly, covering up his insecurity with the smugness. She stared at him in complete disbelief, mouth slightly open. Had he kissed her...just to be able to say that??? What a bastard he was!!!!

Aydan`s happy smile dropped considerably as he watched the scene unfold. That guy was kissing his girl, pinning her down and kissing her! He ought to get mad...but he just couldn`t. Something had been off lately with their relationship, and all he could feel at the moment was despair, heartbreaking despair as he trotted back home.

Destiney narrowed her eyes and hissed angrily as she pushed him away, brushing grass off her pants before standing up to leave.

« Don`t EVER do that again! You hear me?»

It was really cosy inside the living room ,and it reminded Destiney of her old house back in England, it held the same charm. Her old house may have been small, but indeed cosy. And Aydan`s house made her long to go back there. Candles were lit on the table, the lamp dimmed down. Destiney and Aydan were lying on the couch and she was resting herself against his chest while watching the telly.

«Aydan?» She sat up and looked at him.He smiled warmly at her.

» Yeah sweetie?»

He didn`t say a single word about what he had witnessed in the park today.

She leaned closer and presed her lips onto his in a careful kiss.he kissed her back,his one arm still around her waist. Many a thought went through her head in the time their lips held contact. She couldn`t feel the intensity when she kissed him. It was almost like kissing anyone really...Aydan saw the look in her eyes and decided to come ahead of her. But they started talking in unison.Aydan smiled for an apology and told her to go first.

« I have been very uncertain about how I feel...about us.That kiss was what I needed to make up my mind. Aydan, I don`t think I can be your girl anymore»

She stared at him with her big, babyblue eyes. He smiled warmly and reached out his hand, brushing his fingers against her cheek.

« It is ok, Destiney...I meant to say something similar myself»

After what he saw..How could be not let her go? He would find someone else. This girl would be much happier with someone like Kai...even if they were fighting all the time.

Her lips curled into a little smile.

«But we are still friends,ne?»

«Friends»

She leaned on him again, her head against his shoulder. A sigh escaped her lips as he ran his fingers through her hair. Right now things felt pretty ok, even though she was a little guilty for earlier today..when Kai had kissed her. Well, what Aydan didn`t know couldn`t harm him. To tell him such a thing would surely hurt him. Little did she know that the same thing was going through his mind at the moment. He kissed her forehead and rested his chin on top of her head, sighing both in content and slight heartache.

Around noon Sunday she was dragged along shopping by Mariah, whom insisted that she should get out of the house.She gave in and went to the mall along with the pink haired girl.

«Dizzy! I have an idea!»she exclaimed and grabbed Destiney by the arm,pulling her along out of the store.

« What now,Mao?»

Barely moments later they were standing outside a beauty salon.Detiney glanced nervously at her friend.

«What are you thinking of?»

The other girl smirked slyly, a smirk that showed off her fangs.

«You`re going to get a haircut!»she stated and forced her inside the salon.When Mariah turned to look after her friend, she started laughing. Destiney looked dead scared.

«It`s nothing dangerous!»she giggled. Detiney didn`t seem to calm down though.

« I haven`t cut my hair since the day Nate almost shaved off all my hair when we were five..I still remember it like it should have been yesterday. I don`t think I want to»

Mariah dismissed her protests with a move of her hand and caught the attention of a hairdresser.

« My friend here is getting a haircut»

Destiney found that it was totally impossible to say no as Mariah was very strongheaded..and stubborn as hell on that matter. In the end she winded up in the chair despite being unwilling. She twiddled thumbs as she felt her hair disappear strand by strand. She kept her eyes closed, not wanting to watch.

« Finished?»

She really didn`t want it to get too short..that would be awful, she thought horrified.

«Just a little more..This will be great,Dizzy!!»

She sighed and kept waiting.

« Ok..what are we missing now?» Aya asked and took a look at the list she had made.

«The food will be finished in a sec or two, decorations are up,instruments...The only thins missing now are the birthday-children!»Rei concluded after thinking it through. Aya smiled in satisfaction and tucked the list into her pocket.

«Kai, Tala and Nate will be here in about twenty min..And Mariah promised to not get too into the shopping and bring Dizzy back on time.So...we just have to wait then I guess»

Rei nodded and cast a glance at the room.

Destiney had to admit...Short hair looked better on her than the usual long really. But even though it fit her..It felt extremely weird. She found that she was trying to twirl her hair around her fingers all the time. It was cut very short in her opinion, above her shoulder,and had a little curly style now at the ends. She liked her new hairstyle for sure.But as said..It was extremely..weird.

«You see? It wasn`t that bad,was it now?»Mariah grinned.

Suddenly her sight was blinded ,a sharp pain grabbing hold of her heart.She gasped for air from the intense pain, being so intense that she dropped to her knees having trouble breathing.

« Dizzy?What`s wrong?» asked Mariah worriedly.

« Nate..something...wrong» was all she managed to say through grit teeth before she passed out.

«Um...»

She moved,regaining her consciousness again.When she opened her eyes she recognized the place as home.»Huh?»

« Dizzy! How are you?» asked Rei and sat down on her bed. Jade, Aya and Malisia were there also, all of them casting her nervous looks.

«I`m just dandy...thanks»

Then she remembered the reason for her passing out.

« Nate!Something is terribly wrong with Nate!»she said, panic in her voice.

«What do you mean?»asked malisia.

«I dont know....But I can feel it in here»,she said with her hand covering her heart. There was a dull,numb ache in her chest.

«Well..I can`t seem to be able to reach Nate, Tala or my brother by cellphone..They probably turned them off»

Destiney felt her heart sink, along with her hope.

« We have to talk to them..» she mumbled in despair.Rei reached out his hand and placed it on her shoulder in comfort.

«They`re probably fine,Dizzy..Just you wait and see» he said-not that it comforted her even one bit though.In the next moment Mrs.Raiden came bursting into the room, a horrified expression on her face.

«Destiney...We have to go to the hospital, they called just a moment ago...Nate and the others have been in a car crash» she said quickly.The others stared at Destiney in shock.She had been right.

« Oh no...Kai!» Malisia whispered in fear. Destiney was out of bed in the blink of an eye, Malisia close behind.The other seemed to want to come along as well,but Mrs.Raiden stopped them.

« It will only be chaos if we all go...Please stay here and take care of Dmitri and the house,ne?»

The nodded in understanding and watched their friends disappear out the door in a hurry.

«They just have to be ok...» Aya muttered.In their own quiet minds they all more than agreed to that.

Destiney felt her heart beat harder when they came to the hospital and got to talk to a doctor in the end of the thirties, his hair already grey,glasses on his nose.

« Where can I find Kai Hiwatari? Is he ok?» asked malisia, panic in her voice.The doctor nodded.

« He only had his shoulder badly bruised and battered and some minor cuts. The redhead,Volkov broke his wrist and has also a concussion»

They had their hearts in their throats.

«And..Nate?»asked Mrs.Raiden.

There was a flash of sadness in the doctor`s eyes,and Destiney just knew this was something she didn`t want to hear really.

« Nathaniel Raide had a metal piece driven through his shoulder, a serious blow towards the head and some bad cuts.The doctors are operating him as we speak»

Mrs.Raiden palened at these news,her hands shaking slightly.

« He will survive...right?»

« I`m afraid it`s too early to say still...But we will do out best to save the boy. If I can be excused I have things to take care of».

Mrs.Raiden nodded quietly. She seemed to be close to breaking down into tears any second now. Destiney was about to cry aswell. She turned on her heels and ran as fast as she could down the hall. Malisia called her name,but she didn`t care.

Finally she was standing outside the door to Kai and Tala`s room. Entering the rom the first thing she spotted was Tala lying on a bed, the left side of his face bandaged. His other eye was closed and on the monitor screen she could see his heartbeat.

«Tala...» Her voice was barely a whisper. She stood by his bed, letting her fingers brush over his pale cheek.

« What happened to you..little brother?» she asked in a low voice despite that she knew he couldn`t hear her voice. She smiled weakly and jumped into the air in surprise when a familiar voice could be heard behind her.When she turned around she found that it was Kai, sitting on another bed.His right arm was bandaged,and he had small cuts on his arms and face-none too serious looking.

« I am so sorry,Destiney...So sorry» he said lowly.She had never seen his face this sad, never seen his eyes this clear grey or intense in their stare. His eyes held despair.

« What do you mean,Hiwatari?» she asked suspiciously.Kai lowered his head.

« I drove the car..We were hit by a man driving on the wrong side of the road. If I had been a little quicker I might have been able to avoid this...» he explained.

She stared at him wide-eyed, her heart beating like mad in her chest. The pressure that had been building up inside her was dangerously close to be released. The tears were welling up in her eyes.

«Please forgive me» he begged quietly. Hell broke loose at those words.

She let her tears fall,and an anger she had never felt before refused to be controlled.

«FORGIVE YOU??DO YOU KNOW THAT NATE MAY DIE?HE CAN DIE,AND IT IS YOUR FAULT HIWATARI!!YOU HEAR ME,YOUR FAULT!!» she shouted at the top of her lungs,not caring if anyone heard her.

Kai looked to the ground,shame in his eyes. He gathered his courage and stood up, taking a few steps towards her.

«I know..and I beg for forgival» he whispered and pulled her towards himself. She fought him,but he didn`t want to let her go, refused to do so.

« Let go of me Hiwatari! I hate you!»

Those words hit him straight in the face, the effect the same as if she should have slapped him with the back of her hand. She pushed his arms away and dashed out of the room.She stumbled over to the bed and dumped onto it. His heart was in his throat. He couldn`t say anything, his voice was gone. Her words pained him more than he could describe with words. She might as well have driven a knife through his heart.

« Kai? Is everything ok with you?»asked Malisia hesitantly. He hadn`t even noticed her coming into the room. She sat down in front of him,taking his hands in her own.

« Kai...?»

«She hates me..» he whispered lowly. Malisia looked at him with wondering for a moment before she sat down beside him on the bed and pulled him into her embrace. He hugged her back and buried his face in her sweater. For the first time in years he felt like curling up to cry.

« Just..let it out Kai. It`s no use to keep it inside» she whispered into his ear and stroke his hair lovingly. He cried until he was empty, in the end clinging to his older twin sister while hiccuping and sobbing like a fragile, little child.

« If you want to tell me about it little brother..then you know where to find me» Malisia told him as he finally let go, giving a short nod and rubbing his eyes furiously.

Destiney ran until she had no more strength left in her body. In the end she sank to the floor by a stair and just sat there. She couldn`t get Kai`s shocked face out of her head, the look in his eyes when she yelled that she hated him. Of course she hadn`t meant that. She was just angry and needed someone to blame everything on. And Kai was the obvious choice, even though it wasn`t his fault. If Nate should...die she wouldn`t know what to do,he was a part of her.

« Are you ok, little one?» asked a kind voice. She raised her head and looked straight into two dark,brown orbs.

«What?» she muttered.

« I asked if you are alright..But judging by the tears on your face it doesn`t seem so» the young mad said and pulled her to her feet.She smiled weakly. He appeared to be somewhere in his twenties , short blonde hair and a friendly smile.

« So...tell me what`s wrong..A pretty lass such as yourself shouldn`t be crying»

« My brother may not survive the night....».

She told the stranger everything. It felt good to talk about it even though she didn`t know him at all he seemed kind enough. He smiled warmly at her and lead her along down the hall.

« Tell me if I am correct...This Kai drove the car, they crashed and you shouted at him that you hate him when you didn`t mean it?»

She nodded.

« It`ll be ok..If he understands how much you care about him then he will see that you didn`t mean what you said»

She blinked in surprise.

«Why do everyone seem to think that we are in love? We aint!» she protested. The young man smiled again,amusement on his face.

» Maybe everyone think you are because it is correct...Only that the two of you are too blind to see it?»

She said nothing.

« I have to go now..Goodluck»

He wawed a hand at her as he walked down the corridor. She didn`t leave the spot,thinking about what the man had just told her.

« There you are!» She turned around and was met by her father`s worried face.

« Dad...»

He wrapped his arms around her.

« Let`s just pray that he makes it through..Nathaniel is strong,I know he can do it»,he mumbled as he stood holding her close to himself.

It was late in the evening,and Nate had just finished his operation.His life was still in danger.Destiney was about to fall asleep, though forcing her eyes open again.

«Come home, Dee...» her father pleaded. She shook her head stubbornly.

«I don`t want to....I have to be here!»He smiled.

«You need to sleep...Your mother will stay the night.Come now»

He reached out his hand.For a little while she stared at it before she nodded and placed her smaller hand in his, squeesing it lightly.

The others had decided to stay the night and everyone were spread all over the living room, sleeping on futons on the floor. Everyone except Rei were sound asleep. Destiney was surpred to find the living rom decorated,instruments ready to be used. Rei smiled at her.

« We were supposed to surprise you with a party....Since the two of you turn eightten tomorrow I mean»She smiled weakly and hugged her friend.

» Good night...Thank you Rei» He kissed her forehead along with malisia`s and bid them to sleep tight. The two friends went upstairs.Malisia borrowed a pyjama from her to sleep in.

They sat on the bed, talking about their brothers and looking at pictures that had been taken earlier. Malisia became totally paralyzed when she took a picture in her hands.On the picture Nate and she was sitting under a cherry tree..kissing. Destiney had been spying, just having some fun with Nate`s camera.

« Dizzy...can I have this?»

She nodded,a little smile on her face.

«Sure..go ahead...»

Malisia smiled brightly and placed it on top of her clothes to not forget it tomorrow.

« Hey Dizzy?»

«Hm?»

«When I visited Kai today..he told me that you had been shouting that you hated him...I have never seen him that heartbroken before»

Destiney pulled her knees up to her chest and rested her chin on her arms.She sighed.

« I did say that..But I didn`t mean it though,I just needed someone to blame»

« You didn`t mean it? You should have seen him...I only ever saw Kai cry once before and that was when he was four. Destiney, he was crying his heart out»

«Of couse I didn`t mean it!Why would he care if I told him that I hate him anyways...? It`s not like we haven`t said that to each other before».

Malisia smiled and brushed away a bang of white hair from her face.

« You still don`t get it...I think kai is in love with you,Dizzy».

Destiney blinks and eyes her weirdly.

« You being serious?» she asked with both her brows raised up to the hairline. Malisia giggled and nodded her head.

« Yes darling..Just think about how differently he had been acting lately..by the way..your hair looks nice»

Destiney silenced. Could it be..that kai really had fallen for her? Could it be that Malisia was right? Even after turning off the light she couldn`t go to sleep. If if was right...then what would happen next? Knowing Kai he could sure be trusted to deny it-his pride not allowing him to do anything about it. The thought of being with him actually wasn`t so bad,she thought.

Gah!What the heck am I thinking???

She pulled her bedcovers above her head.

-End chapter-

Yours sincerly, Kanilla & Nicholas

Next chapter: Kai.....sings...and other stuff-evil laugh-