Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Moving to California ❯ Stop worrying about me ( Chapter 50 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

50-Stop Worrying about me

Destiney decided to keep an eye on Kai. Something was definitely up from his side.

-First thing: he didn`t get mad when she teased him

-Second thing: he made no attempt to make her angry

-Third thing: he was veeeery quiet

And lastly...He was acting almost friendly towards her. She was wondering if he something not so good in mind. Well, she found his behavior incredibly strange, up to something or not up to something...The others seemed to find him acting strange today as well..but no one dared say anything, fearing that they might make him pissed off.

The teachers didn`t seem to mind being given a break from the eternal arguing and competing though.

« Brat? Move your hand before I do it for you».

She blinked and noticed that her hand was touching his hand..This had happened once before, she thought. But this time Kai didn`t smirk evilly or look annoyed at all, he just sat quietly watching her with those cold, grey eyes.

« Um..Sorry, don`t ask me what I was thinking of!» she said and grimaced before pulling her hand away. But she didn`t catch the look of hurt in his eyes.


« There you go, Mr.Harty!» she smiled and handed him the home assigment. He returned her smile with one of his own and took a quick look at it. The day was over and the others were waiting for her outside. The pages she had just delivered had been some extra work Kai and she had been given because they had finished the other work.

« Destiney?»

She stopped half way across the room and turned to him.

« Yeah?»

« I was just wondering if you know how Kai has been lately?»

His face was genuinely worried.

« How come?» She didn`t quite understand what he meant.

«Well..his spirit has been a little weak lately, and he hasn`t been working as much with his homework..Not to mention that he seems to be daydreaming all the time..and let me add the fact..no arguing from the two of you».

She shrugged.

« I wouldn`t know, Mr.Harty..The two of us ain`t exactly the best of friends you know...»

He nodded in understanding and dismissed her.»And one last thing before you go...If Kai should be experiencing troubles at the time being..Then it would be best to act friendly towards him,ne?»

She nodded and went to find her friends. Everything Mr.Harty had said made sense, she realized. Kai had seemed pretty distant this week. Worry was stinging in her chest. Was everything ok with the blue haired teen..or was something wrong? She shook her head lightly and raised her hand to wawe at Tala.

« Hey Malis? You are aware that Nate and Dizzy have their birthday soon, ne?»

« Yuppers..Of course I know about it Aya..I am still stuck on what to buy him...»

« Is it next week?Or am I totally mistaken...?»

« Nope, that`s correct, my friend».

Tala had joined them for band practice today. Jade had insisted that he should come to watch them, and he need not be asked twice. Tala was sitting on top of a broken speaker, watching his friends closely while they made ready to play. On the signal from Jade Destiney raised the microphone and started singing. Tala could understand very well why everyone was taken with her when she sang. She had a beautiful voice and she put all her soul into what she was doing as well. Her passion was...admirable.



The wise man said just walk this wayTo the dawn of the lightThe wind will blow into your faceAs the years pass you byHear this voice from deep insideIt's the call of your heartClose your eyes and your will findThe passage out of the darkHere i amWill you send me an angelHere i amIn the land of the morningNate was just the same as his sister every time he held a guitar in his hands. His fingers were running over the strings quickly, his eyes closed in concentration. How much he reminded Tala of Destiney..But they were twins after all...




The wise man said just find your placeIn the eye of the stormSeek the roses along the wayJust beware of the thornsHere i am Will you send me an angelHere i amIn the land of the morning starThe wise man said just raise your handAnd reach out for the spellFind the door to the promised landJust believe in yourselfHear this voice from deep insideIt's the call of your heartClose your eyes and your will findThe way out of the darkHis eyes wandered on to Aya, playing the bass guitar. She had a smile on her face,one of those blissful and happy that you usually see with a little kid.

Malisia was hammering away at the drums, and Tala thought it was weird to think that only months ago he had been on his knees..totally in love with her. He could clearly remember how crushed and broken he had felt when she had fallen for Nate and not himself. It was as if all the years he had been in love with her was a forgotten chapter of his memory..it seemed far away somehow now. His eyes fell on the last member of the band.

The girl with the aqua hair and the blue eyes let her fingers move across the keyboard, sometimes fast, other times slow in a pro manner. A little smile slipped across his face as she locked eyes with his. A pink tinge rose in his cheeks as she returned his smile with one of her own dazzling ones.



« Here i amWill you send me an angelHere i amIn the land of the morning starHere i amWill you send me an angelHere i amIn the land of the morning starKai? What is wrong with you today? You`re being so awfully quiet....You won`t even get pissed off when I win!»

Kai kept his eyes focused at the TV screen as they played the PS2.

« Sorry Rei..I just have a lot on my mind at the time» he replied shortly. Rei cast a worried glance at him from the corner of his eye. What did Kai have on his mind? What had made him so quiet this week?

« So..can you tell me?»

Kai hesitated for a moment before he said: It`s nothing important Rei, there is no need for you to bother»

Rei furrowed his brows in wondering. Kai had never kept secrets from him..not that he knew of. Him, Tala and Kai had always told each other everything. But he still didn`t press the matter though, as his pallie seemed uncomfortable with talking about it. But it was impossible to get it off his mind though. Kai had said that he had a lot on his mind...What if it was the other way around? That he had someone on his mind?

Rei`s mouth went dry when his brain added two pluss two. What if that someone was none other than Destiney Raiden? As Kai had behaved today it seemed rather likely...After casting another glance at his friend he concluded that this had to be the answer to the question. How ironic, he thought, that Kai should have fallen for his rival and enemy, Destiney Raiden. Just the mere thought of it made him want to smirk mischievously.


« I feel...strangely sad» Aydan muttered as he sat on the bench outside the entrance to school and watched Destiney fool around with her friends.

« Why is that?»asked Silver sharply. She was sitting here in the shadows with him because she didn`t like the sun very much. She had always preferred the night over the day really. Aydan smiled weakly.

« I just have this feeling that she doesn`t belong to me only..If you catch my drift».

Silver raised a lazy eyebrow at him. Sharp as she was, of course she understood what he meant.

« So, what you are trying to say is that you think Dizzy is in love with Kai Hiwatari without really knowing it or being able to admit it?»

Aydan blinked in surprise, those had been his thougths exactly. He gave a little nod.

« You are not stupid....» he smiled. She answered by flashing him a bright smirk of her own.

« I know...I get more than most people think I do..They give me way too little credit».

She let her fingers tap against the bench while she watched the boy with the brown curls over the table between them.

« What should I do about it? I know she will deny it of course....But there is a strange bond between her and Kai that I can`t explain in words, a spark I have seen nowhere else» he said while gesticulating frantically with his hands.

« Yo, stop that wawing with ya arms...»

He blushed slightly and let his arms drop to his sides in embarrassment.

« I can`t tell you what to do..and even if I could, I wouldn`t want to make it that easy for you..would I now? But it is your choice, and yours alone..But whatever you decide to do, hurry up and make it quick before anyone makes a complaint about you being an lazy ass!»

Aydan laughed softly at he remark and smiled warmly at her. This girl was actually pretty nice when you got to talk to her.. On distance she always seemed so snobby and cold. But when you came closer she was really nice, despite her sharp comments and sarcasm.


Destiney had been thinking about what Mr.Harty told her yesterday..So today she had been acting all friendly and behaved around Kai. He seemed rather puzzled by her behavior.

« Kai?» She tilted her head to the side, looking at him.

« Hm?»

He didn`t even bother raising his head from the book in front of him.

« Are you ok? You seem so..distant kinda»

He stopped writing and raised his head to look at her. She could swear there was a slight blush to his cheeks as their eyes locked.

« I`m ok» he said slowly.

« You sure? You`re not acting your usual self...»

He nodded, making both her brows rise to the hairline in suspicion. He wanted for her to stop caring, he wanted for her to turn away right now. He couldn`t take this pressure anymore, it was making him depressed. Emotions were swirling around in his head, making it pretty difficult to concentrate on doing anything other than daydreaming. Especially with her looking at him with those concerned, baby blue eyes that he adored so much. Adrenaline was rushing in his blood. Most of all he wanted to hide away from the rest of the world. Why couldn`t he just be able to hold his usual, cold mask around her anymore?

« Destiney..Stop worrying about me, I`m fine really» he said a tad bit more coldly than he should have and resumed to doing maths.


« Ok...Nate and Dizzy CANNOT get to know about this, ne? Is that clear everyone?»

They nodded quietly in agreement.Malisia smiled in satisfaction.

« We`ll talk to Tala tomorrow...As their birthday is on Monday, let`s make their party on Sunday, don`t ya think?»

Mariah grinned wide.

» Of course! We will have to speak to Mrs.Raiden first thought so she knows about our plans....And you guys have to perform to their honour!

« Maybe I can conveince my brother to join in and sing a song..If I am lucky and he ain`t in a mood with me....»

Aya raised both her eyebrows at her.

« You really think you can manage that? You know how Kai hates to sing in public, Malis...» she said doubtfully.

Malisia smirked and jabbed a finger at her.

« But ya know, he has been acting weird lately...I think our plan worked girls»

The girls giggled, making Rei eye them weirdly.

« What do you mean? What plan?»

« Operation-get-Kai-&-Dizzy-together!» Jade smiled.Rei was mildly surprised to hear that the girls had been plotting to get Kai and Destiney together. He shook his head, letting out a little sigh, muttering something about »freaking females....always bossy...»

The girls smiled innocently and kept their plotting.

-End chapter-

Yours sincerly, Kanilla & Nicholas