Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Moving to California ❯ In need of comfort ( Chapter 49 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

49-In need of comfort

Kai was furious when he returned home, slamming shut the door to his room before he turned on his stereoloud enough to make the walls shake. Linkin Park was thundering through the room. Kai dumped onto his bed and lay there, hands behind his head as he gazed up at the roof.

He wasn`t really listening to the music...it was just playing in the background, despite the -sweatdrops- volume. His thoughts were off somehwere else at the moment. How was he supposed to act around her from now on? He was clueless, he had never been in a situation like this before. Most of all he just wanted to bury his face in his pillow and shout in frustration.

But as the voice in his head had told him several times...there was no way one could fight destiny. How ironic,h e thought,that the force that was toying with him had the same name as her. Did he even believe in fate? He wasn`t sure anymore.

Destiney spent most of Sunday in the company of her boyfriend, and they went to the park to go rollerskating. Right now they were sitting on the grass, sharing a huge ice cream they bought. They ate in silence, and she enjoyed the company. But she couldn`t get Kai Hiwatari off her mind though.

« Aydan? May I kiss you?»

He laughed out loud,a bright smile on his face.

« Of course, sweetheart...After all, I am your boyfriend,ne?»

She smiled and leaned closer to kiss him. His lips tasted sweet from the ice cream he had just eaten. She eased her tongue into his mouth, swapping saliva. He gently kissed her back. After a little while the need to breathe drove them apart. She smiled weakly at him.She had been in need to kiss him to find out a thing or two.

There was never any intensity between herself and Aydan...Everything was pretty careful and sweet. Not at all similar to how things between Kai and her were...That was the kind of intensity she was longing for. Aydan was a great guy in every way,but was that enough? She couldn`t help but wonder.

Monday morning she managed to oversleep...When she opened her eyes, blinking like an owl for a couple of times before she could see anything,she not iced that what woke her up had not been the alarm clock.

« SHIT!» she exclaimed in panick and dashed off into the bathroom. Taking a look at her watch she realized it was past noon already.

« Why didn`t anyone wake me up???» she hissed in annoyance while hurriedly getting dressed, grabbing the first thing she found. She braided her hair, though it looked rather sloppy and messy, not that she cared. About twenty minutes later she entered the classroom, panting hard, her face flushed. The others stared at her in quiet wondering,and she apologized for interrupting and dumped onto her chair.Kai arched an eyebrow at her.

« What are you looking at?»

He was staring at her shirt. Looking down he noticed that this actually was his shirt, the one she had won during their game of poker. She grinned mischevously and wawed a finger at him.

« Don`t even think about it, Hiwatari. This lil shirt is mine now!»

She could swear there was a little smile on his face.

« Did you hear me complain?» he asked dryly. She giggled and slapped the back of his head in a friendly way. He cast her a challenging look, and she glared at him in return, their eyes locked. The rest of the students were quietly paying attention to the litle staring contest, in their own mind making up the winner. Even Mr.Harty kept a lookout at the two teens.

For several minutes they just sat staring at each other until Mr.Harty interrupted them by slamming a book onto Kai`s desk. Both teenagers jumped into the air in surprise and scowled darkly at him. He flashed a triumphant smirk and demanded them to go back to work. When he turned his back on them they both flipped him the bird. Some of the other students grinned, some shook their heads in vain while others just smiled.

The first thing Jade did when she came home was to snatch the phone and sneak upstairs, locking herself into her room. She lay down on the bed with the phone in her hands. With trembling fingers she dialed the number of her boyfriend. It was now or never. She was half hoping that he wasn`t home. But if she didn`t do this now..she wouldn`t make it the next time she tried. But he picked up the phone and answered in Chinese.

« Um...can you speak English, sweetie? I`m not so good at Chinese ya know»

« Oops! Sorry Jadey...I just didn`t expect it to be you...What`s the occastion?» he chirped.

She was trying her best to ignore the knot in her stomach.

« Rydan..I have a confession to make» she said in a serious tone. He silenced for a moment.

« What is it, Jadey? Everything ok with you?» he asked worriedly.

« I`m just dandy, don`t worry about that.What I wanted to tell you is that I have gotten myself into a pretty awkward situation...I have fallen in love with Tala,but at the same time I`m in love with you» she said quickly.

« In love..with both of us?»

« And it would be easier to have a boyfriend that lives nearby that to have one that lives on the other side of the world...» she said, a little slower this time.

« So...what you are saying is that you are ditching me for Tala?» he asked,his voice a tad bit shaky. She felt tears well up in her eyes. Oh how she hated herself right now!

« No Rydan..Don`t get me wrong,try to understand. I don`t mean to choose Tala before you, but you do understand that it is a little hard for me to be missing you all the time? Long distance relationships never work...»

« Yeah,I understand..But I want you to promise me one thing, Jadey»

« Anything...»

« When I come to visit Rei again, you have to give me one last kiss, ok?»

She let her tears fall freely now, and her voice was thick with emotions as she replied.

« Of course, Rydan..I love you»

« Goodbye Jadey..love you too»

With those words she hung up and placed the phone on her bedsidetable. With tears streaming down her face she hugged her pillow tightly and buried her face in the soft fabric.

Next morning they were surprised to find that Jade didn`t show up. Aya could tell them that her cousin had locked herself up in her room last night and refused to come out this morning.

« But what`s happened then?» Destiney asked puzzled.Aya shrugged.

« I have no idea...We could try to call her, I think auntie mentioned that the phone had vanished. But that will have to wait until we finish school I guess».

Kai was the only one that didn`t seem to be worried about the aqua haired girl at all.

« Jadey? Please come out..You can`t stay in there all day» Aya pleaded. There was no reply. Mariah and Malisia tried as well, but neither of them were able to get an answer from their friend. Destiney glanced at Tala,seeing the worry written on his handsome face.

« Why don`t you try, Tala?» she suggested with a little smile. The other girls looked at her in wondering, then at the redhead. With a quiet move with her hand she motioned for them to leave Tala alone.

« Um..We`re just going downstairs to get something to eat...» Mariah excused and pulled the girls along. Tala had both his brows up to his hairline as he watched them disappear down the stairs. He shook his head and gently knocked the door.

« Jadey? Won`t you open up..?It`s me,Tala»

There was no sound for a moment, then he heard the sound of feet against the floor. The door opened.

« Jadey? Are you ok?»

In the next moment she was hanging around his neck, her face buried in his shoulder. He stood all paralyzed for a moment before he wrapped his arms around her smaller frame, tumbling into her room while trying not to let go of her. He sat down on the bed, and Jade ended up on his lap, her hands clutching the front of his shirt.

« What happened, Jade? I hate to see you sad like this...»

She placed her arms around his waist and looked up at him with big, teary eyes.

« I broke up with Rydan last night...I feel like shit»

Tala felt a sting of joy in his chest. Had she done that...for him? He rocked her gently in his arms. She sat quietly on his lap, her head resting against his shoulder.

« I am tired Tala...I couldn`t sleep last night».

He smiled and placed her on the bed,tucking her in.

« Then go to sleep, ne?»

She nodded and closed her eyes. He was about to leave when there was a tug on his sleeve.

« Stay...please?»

He gave a little nod and sat down again,letting her curl up at his side.

« What do you think is going on up there?» Mariah asked curiously, casting a glance up the stairs. Malisia carefully pulled her along back into the kitchen. Destiney grinned at the sight of Mariah`s pouting face.

« You sneaky little lass...Leave them alone,ne?»

« Can`t we even peek?» she asked, a begging tone in her voice. Aya was sipping to her tea, gazing absently out the window.

« Don`t bother her with questions, ok? She ain`t feeling so good, so let`s just encourage her instead of asking her out,ne?»

They said nothing for a little while,nodding thoughtfully.

« But I have to peek!!!» Mariah stated and dashed out of the room. The others rolled their eyes at the pinkhaired girl and followed.

« Awww!! Just look at them!!!» Mariah squealed, her face one huge smile. All four of them were standing in the doorway. Jade was lying all curled up by Tala`s side, her arm draped over his chest. He had his arm around her as well, and they were both sound asleep.

« But ain`t she together with Rydan? How can she cuddle Tala if she is?» Malisia asked puzzled.

« Maybe she is upset because she broke up with him or something» Destiney suggested. They looked at her in confusion.

« Why would she do that?»

« Maybe she has a thing for Tala too?» she suggested with a little smirk. Aya raised an eyebrow at her.

« But you better ask her, I am just making assumptions»

With the smirk still intact she walked back downstairs. The other girls looked at each other, then shrugged.

It was late when Tala got home that day. He had managed to persuade Jade to talk to the girls. He felt all warm and fuzzy on the inside. Jade cared for him...as more than a friend. He hoped she would get over Rydan in a while. A little smile appeared on his face as he sat down on his bed. Finally things were getting better. Maybe he could be spared the heartache this time...With that thought in mind he lay down and fell asleep.

-End chapter-

Yours sincerly, Kanilla and Nicholas