Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Of Traitors and Thieves ❯ Spinning off again ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Oh, just two brief notes.

> >Note one: 'blah blah' was thinking in chapter 2. It's gonna be //blah blah\\ for the rest of the chapters, sorry bout that. < <

> >Note two: The title - Kai betrays the Bladebreakers, the White Tiger's think Rei betrays them. Kai steals everybody's bitbeasts, and Lee thinks Rei steals the White Tiger. < <

Of Traitors and Thieves

Chapter 3- Spinning off again

Rei yawned and opened his eyes, only to close them again as the bright morning sunlight stung; //A rude awakening.\\ Rei thought, amused.

Sleepily, he turned over as he registered a presence close to him. //Of course!\\ He thought happily. //Kai.\\

But it was not Kai. It took Rei a few seconds to think this through and then he gasped and sat up. From behind the black hood of the darkly clad figure, the young blader could see a wry smile being formed. Rei's breath quickened, as he became frightened. Who was this man? What the hell did he want?

Rei opened his mouth to speak but the man pulled back the edge of his cloak to reveal the shining tip of a dagger.

"Get up, get dressed. You're to come with me." His voice was cold and slow. No, not slow; controlled, steady Rei decided. He was even more scared now and he couldn't think of anything to say - or to do - he just sat there, the fear within him steadily increasing as the gaze of the man grew colder and colder.

In one quick, fluid movement, the man swung his arm around and his fist connected with Rei's jaw.

"Now." He demanded furiously.

Rei, half dizzy from the pain, nodded slowly and got out of the bed. He pulled on his clothes and looked at the man.

"Move. Now. Out of the window. Quickly." Was the only thing he said. Rei stuttered and stumbled as he crossed the floor. //How convenient,\\ he thought bitterly, //There's a built in ladder.\\

He climbed down it with the ease and grace of a cat and at the bottom there were more men in black cloaks that handcuffed him. They prodded something in his back and motioned for him to walk forwards. Rei did so, trying to ignore the fact that the object in his back was round; rather like the barrel of a gun.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Kai woke peacefully, smiling at the thought of Rei lying next to him. He turned over, only to find that Rei was not there…in fact, Kai wasn't even in his own bed.

"How can I have been moved?" He spoke aloud to himself. "I would have woken immediately!" In a flurry of panic he jumped from the bed - he noticed that he was already dressed - and ran out of the door.

He ran through every room in the house, counting only Tyson, Max and Kenny. Where was Rei?

His mind was screaming with worry as he ran out of the front door, the only word running through his mind, 'Voltaire'.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Rei looked at his surrounding warily. He knew the place, it was the Abbey. They knew he knew because they hadn't even bothered to blindfold him, he had the route there imprinted on his mind. The guards, however did not seem to realise that fault. //Or maybe,\\ Rei thought, //They're confident I'm not gonna get out.\\ that thought was not an encouraging one and he turned his mind instead to wondering what he was doing here.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Kai pounded his fist into the street wall as he rounded the corner. He knew why his grandfather had taken Rei, he wanted Kai at the abbey, and he knew that taking Rei would get him there.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Rei was pushed to his knees and he cursed when the pain stung through his body. He looked up and saw Voltaire towering above him. Rei coughed and chuckled, laughing even more when he saw the disapproving look on the face of the man that stood before him.

"I'm not scared of you." He spat. "You're not going to hurt me, you want Kai, and you want him here on his own terms."

The guard behind him kicked him roughly in the back. Voltaire's mouth turned up in a cruel grin.

"I don't care anymore if Kai is here of his own free will, boy, and if necessary, I WILL hurt you.

Rei stopped laughing as a wave of fear crept through him. //Well done.\\ Rei's mind screamed at him. //You've gone and upset the crazy man.\\

Voltaire laughed as he sensed Rei's unease. He turned to his men and gave them a very clear order.

"Tie him to the stake. We're going to have a small bonfire."

Rei looked about him, terrified.

"No!" he yelled, becoming hysterical. "No! You can't!"

He was dragged kicking and screaming across the cold, stone floor.

>>>><<<<LATER>>>><<< <

The tears fell down Rei's cheeks as he struggled to get free of his bonds.

"Let me go!" He pleaded, his only sense now, terror, threatening to control him.

Voltaire sighed.

"One day you'll learn to shut up, ignorant child. I have strong ties to all of the police networks in Russia, I'm not afraid to kill." He walked forward and inspected the wood beneath Rei. He nodded his head in satisfaction. "Yes, this will do."

Then, from his pocket he took a matchbox and without the slightest sign of apprehension or guilt, he struck a match and threw it onto the pile.

As the flames grew nearer and nearer, so Rei's shout and cries became louder and more frenzied.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Kai ran through the abbey grounds, following the shouts of his lover. Rei was hysterical and it scared Kai. What the hell was his grandfather doing to him?

He turned and ran through the maze of pillars as fast as he could and stopped at the site before him, the feeling of sickness threatening to overcome him.

Voltaire sensed the presence and turned.

"Ah, my dear child, you're just in time. Please, do come and join us."

Kai choked back tears and tried to run, only to find that he was rooted to the spot.

"What are you doing?" he yelled at the top of his voice.

"Burning your 'boyfriend', what does it look like?" Voltaire spat furiously. "You're disgusting!" Kai looked on with tears falling down his face. When his glistening eyes met Rei's, Kai's heart almost stopped, and with one last desperate movement he lunged forward. He ran past his grandfather and up the bonfire. His sweaty fingers tried to untie Rei's bonds without hurting his lover but it didn't work. Instead, he tore at the rope and stumbled down the remaining wood with Rei's limp body clutched in his arms.

He ran out of the abbey as fast as he could, aware that the guards were hot on his trail.

He dodged through alleyways and back street passes until he had lost them. He came to a rest in the park and laid Rei down on the grass. He frantically grasped for Rei's hand and checked for a pulse.

There was none.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Ta da! Tia finished another chapter! Well, it was that or doing homework. Urgh.