Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Of Traitors and Thieves ❯ Don't run from your enemies ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Of Traitors and Thieves

Chapter Seven - Don't Run From Your Enemies

It was Saturday. Just Saturday. Nothing more, nothing less. It was just like the last hundreds before it and probably the same as ones that would come after. Unfortunately for Kai, a 'normal' day consisted of Tyson - Not a good start to any morning. See, the trouble started at breakfast time when a loud cry resonated around the house, bouncing off every wall and ceiling in its dismay.

'NO!' Kai slammed the book he was reading shut and stormed off in the direction of the kitchen to see what had happened. He entered the room and saw Max and Rei clutching their sides, laughing and Tyson was in a heap on the floor, bawling his eyes out.

'What now?' He asked Kenny irritably, glaring at the form on the floor.

'Tyson just realised that Lent started today.' When Kai raises an eyebrow to question this, Rei walked over and laid his head on Kai's chest, holding up a piece of paper as he did so.

'He signed this last night.'

The paper read;

I, Tyson Granger, will give up any food that Kai Hiwatari has deemed bad for me. Such foods include waffles, pancakes, crisps, sweets, chocolate, etc.

Signed: T. Granger

Underneath was the messy scrawl of Tyson's signature. Kai took this in and then started to laugh.

'How did you get him to sign this?' he asked Rei with a look of admiration at the feat his lover had managed to pull off.

'We told him that he was signing up for a year's worth of Twinkie Bars and he bought it.' Kai's boyfriend collapsed into another fit of giggles and Kai stroked his hair as tears of joy ran down Rei's cheeks. Suddenly, he felt a tugging at his cargo pants and looked down to see Tyson looking up at him with wide, innocent eyes.

'You don't think chocolate's bad for me, do you Kai? I'm still allowed to eat it right? And crisps, and sweets…' He clutched his hands together, pleading with Kai.

'Well…if you were Rei, then I'd say yes, you can.' Tyson's eyes lit up.

'BUT…you aren't Rei…you no. You can't eat them.' Tyson's face fell and he burst out crying again. Rei looked up and stroked Kai's cheek.

'Aw hun, you can't really deprive him of that can you?' Kai glanced down at Rei and smiled.

'No, no I can't.'

Tyson sat up and hugged Kai's legs.

'Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!'

'BUT…' Kai started, Tyson grimaced.

'But you can't talk. See this teddy here?' Kai held up a fluffy bear, trying hard not to blush. 'If you wish to speak, you must put up your hand and I shall give you the teddy…otherwise…every word you say will result in another day of no sweets.' Max grinned and looked at Rei.

'Is he that strict with you Rei?'

'Nope.' Rei replied. 'He luuuurves me.' Kenny rolled his eyes and went back to working on Dizzi muttering something along the lines of 'Why me?'

><><><><><><><><> ;<><><><><><><><><>&l t;><><><><><><><><><& gt;<><

Three days, Kai thought blissfully. Three days and Tyson had spoken only once… life was good. In fact, Tyson not speaking had caused Max to become quieter as well. Kai was happy, very happy. He stood and walked out of the house, heading towards the training dish in the back garden, smiling at the silence surrounding him. This was broken, however, when two war cries emitted from the air and Kai was knocked to the ground by bodies lunging at him. He was pinned down, his head facing the ground and his heart began to pump faster. He heard a cynical laugh behind him and then a face leant down next to his.

'Aw, it our ickle Kai scared?' Kai froze and he snarled.

'You'll pay for this Tyson.' Kai threw him off and stood up, spotting Max as well.

'What the hell are you two doing?' Kai screamed. The two younger boys were dressed only in shorts and they had face paint all over their bodies, supposedly 'war paint'.

'We came to make you an offer.' Max replied, standing up and brushing himself down.

'You see, we've taken…' he was cut short by Tyson coughing. 'Oh…I mean…' he took on a red-Indian stance and made his voice deeper. 'We've taken a captive…and if you wish for him back, you will have to accept our terms.' Kai stared blankly at the two of them and then snorted.

'You seriously think I'm that stupid? I'm guessing it's Rei you've taken, yes?' The two boys nodded. 'Well, seeing as how he's your best friend, I don't really think you'll do anything to him. So I won't accept your stupid terms, whatever they might be.' He turned but was pulled back by Max grabbing his scarf. The blond glared fiercely at Kai and point to the end of the garden. Kai rolled his eyes and walked Tyson on one side of him, Max on the other. He noticed now for the first time that they both wielded spears…or pieces of a tree branch that had been lying about the garden sharpened clumsily at one end.

They reached the end of the garden and Kai smacked his head. These two were absolutely pathetic! He laughed and looked over at the tree. A shirtless Rei was bound and gagged to the tree trunk, he looked -very- angry. Tyson turned to Kai with a smirk.

'Are you ready to hear our terms?'

'In your dreams.' Kai replied bitterly, wondering to himself when he'd be able to go back to his walk. Tyson clicked his fingers and Max walked over to Rei, untying the gag. Kai raised an eyebrow and was about to turn away when Max kissed Rei. Kai stared in shock as the young blader continued to kiss -his- lover and roam his hands across Rei's bare chest. Rei of course didn't like this.

'KAI! Get me the hell out of here! NOW.' He yelled, it sounding more like a command than a pleading. Kai turned to Tyson angrily.

'What the fuck? You're screwed up, you know that?' Tyson grinned.

'Are you ready to let me eat sweets again?' Kai sweatdropped and hit Tyson.

'That's what this was all about?' he yelled, towering over Tyson's cowering form. Max looked over at his friend and rapidly began to untie Rei. Rei waited until he was free and then he kneed Max, storming off into the house. Kai looked after his lover and then back at his team members.

'You two.' He warned before running off after Rei.

In the house Kai found Rei pacing up and down the bedroom. He stopped him in his tracks and pulled the raven-haired blader close to him, holding him tightly and kissing his hair.

'He kissed me.' Rei whispered quietly.

'I know.'

'AND YOU DIDN'T STOP HIM!' Rei yelled, pushing Kai away. 'Don't you care about me?' Kai stared at him and sat down on the bed. Rei sat down behind Kai and put his arms around the older blader's waist. 'I'm only joking love. I know you love me. I love you too.' Kai smiled and leaned back into Rei. Rei sat up a bit higher and leaned over Kai, placing his lips on the other's. The sat like that for a few minutes before falling back and lying on the bed in each other's arms, sleeping peacefully.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, bit of an abrupt ending, but I couldn't think of anything else to write. That was an….odd chapter…