Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Of Traitors and Thieves ❯ Emanate ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Well, here ya go Tasz. Damn sneaky that was, ya got me feeling guilty *pouts* Oh, would have been a bit more action….but a) I don't really like writing it, and b) didn't want to offend ff.net *pokes out tongue*

Of Traitors and Thieves

Chapter Six - Emanate

There was no sun on Friday. The dark skies were filled with an absence that dismayed them, no light sparkled in the light breeze and no heat warmed up the lands. But do not get the idea that the sun had disappeared, it was just hiding. It was hiding behind the clouds and would not show its face to a soul.

Rei stared bleakly out of the window, frowning at the emptiness of the world before him. It did not match his mood; he wanted to go out and do something, he wanted to explore, but instead he braced himself for a day of boredom.

"Kai I'm bored." He moaned, walking over to where Kai was seated on the sofa. "I'm very bored, and when I'm bored I get grouchy." Kai merely raised an eyebrow and continued reading his book. "KAI!" Rei yelled, causing Kai to laugh and put down the book.

"Yes Rei, I heard you the first time. What do you want me to do about it?" Rei pouted and sat himself down on Kai's lap, wrapping his arms around his lover's neck.

"I don't know. Talk to me?" Kai smirked.

"About what, kitten?" Kai leaned up and placed a kiss on Rei's cheek, running his hands through his silky hair.

"I dunno…anything." Rei smiled and snuggled into Kai, sighing contentedly. Kai laughed and cleared his throat.

"Did you know that peas are green?" Rei sat up quickly and stared at Kai.

"You what?" He asked, looking slightly worried.

"Yeha, peas are green. And if you say 'whirled peas' it sounds like 'world peace'. Good huh? Peas are grown in pods…well, grown in greenhouses in pods. Or just grown in the garden." Rei stared blankly at him for a second before laughing and kissing his koi passionately on the lips.

"I love you sometimes, you know that?" Kai frowned.

"Sometimes? Only sometimes?"

"You know what I mean." Rei said nuzzling his chin in Kai's shoulder.

"Hai." Replied Kai, leaning his head on Rei's and pulling the other closer to him, holding him closely. "Do you want to go to the park or something?"

"But Kai, it's miserable out there…and oh look, it's raining now."

Kai shrugged. "That doesn't mean we can't go out. It just means we'll have more fun." Rei smiled and sprang up, reaching for their coats and running out the door. Kai followed wordlessly, smiling softly and inwardly laughing at his love.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Kai saw Rei disappear behind a tree and he followed, but when he rounded the tree, there was no Rei.

"Rei?" He called softly, just loud enough to be heard over the patter of the rain. "Um…where are you? Rei? I can't see you I- Argh!" he yelled as he was knocked to the ground by something falling on him. Kai scowled and looked up at the giggling form that had pinned him down.

"I'm right here, love, aw, thought you'd lost me?" Rei cocked his head to one side and gave Kai a grin, all the while making sure that Kai's arms were firmly secured to the ground.

"Lost you? I should be so lucky." Kai retorted, smirking as Rei's grin faded.

"If that's the way you're going to be, you can sleep on your own tonight, mister." Rei stood up and started to storm off, wet clothes sticking to his lithe form as he walked. Kai leapt up and ran beside Rei, taking the other's hand in his own.

"Baby, you know I didn't mean it. I love you." Rei scowled and turned his head, smiling as soon as he was sure Kai couldn't see. This could be very fun indeed…

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Back in their room, both showered and dry in warm clothes, Kai and Rei sat at opposite ends of the bed staring at each other. Kai kept reaching out to touch Rei's cheek, or arm but Rei would pull away. Finally, Kai couldn't stand it anymore.

"That's enough! It wasn't that nasty and you know I didn't mean it. Stop being such a…" He was cut off when Rei's warm lips brushed his own, and he moaned at the unexpected kiss. Rei pushed him onto his back and leant over him, smiling fondly and brushing his fingers over Kai's cheek.

"I know you didn't, I was just playing."

He kissed Kai passionately, heat soaring through both their bodies, causing them both to moan into the other.

"Then I like this game." Kai whispered as Rei's hand slid under his top.

******************

Kai shivered when he awoke and felt the cold air against his partially covered body. The sheet that covered them both was thin and the only warmth came from Rei, curled up against Kai, hand resting on Kai's bare chest. He stirred and sleepily opened one eye.

"Kai?" He questioned, mind muddled from dreams.

"Yeah, it's me." Kai reassured him, gently stroking the black hair that had come loose from its bindings sometime last night.

"That's good. I wouldn't want it to be anybody else." Rei whispered, leaning his head against Kai and taking in the other's scent and warmth.

"Well good, because I'm intend on being here when you wake everday."

"You mean it?"

"I do."

"Good. I love you Kai."

"I love you too."