Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ On The Porch Steps ❯ Strange Noises on the Porch Step ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

On the Porch Step
By Kimpisces
Summary: Kai is going through life day after day doing the same old things? Starting to get bored what happens when a very life alternating thing appears on the porch step?
 
Disclaimer: I don't own anything. Okay I take that back. I do own this cool new discman that I got for Christmas and my white gold amethyst ring and some other random things but that's not the point. I do not own beyblade or Kai (unfortunately). So don't sue me...you won't get much out of it anyways because i ain't giving up my ring lol
 
Rating: PG-13...because during the course of having a fanfic with Kai as the main character, I'm almost positive that there will be swearing! I mean come on...
 
Warning: Swearing and Kai is probably going to be mildly ooc...but not really if you think about it...as someone told me once "no one's really ooc in a fanfic because every author/ess has a different way of protraying and seeing a character's personality"
 
Song: The Song is "Insensitive" by Jann Arden and it really doesn't have complete bearings on the fic but I really find the line through the page boring and doesn't let anything else good on and I happened to be listening to this song while writing the fanfic...so we're going to use its lyrics for scene breaks nods
 
Authoress Note: The first part of the chapter is relatively boring but I have to set that part up for you so you know what Kai goes through every single day. Okay? So just bear with it please. Trust me, the next chapter will be better laid out and more interesting...
 
Chapter One: Strange noises on the porch step
 
The alarm clock went off at the exact same time as the coffee pot started to brew it's scheduled pot of coffee. The efficent, but annoying, alarm clock continued to shriek until a hand emerged from underneath the pile of blankets and slammed the button of the alarm clock to turn it off.
 
Slowly the covers were pushed off of the body hidden under them. At first only blue hair appeared from the covered but eventually a face appeared and then a body.
 
Kai Hiwatari was not a morning person. He would rather sleep in until about one o'clock in the afternoon and then deal with all of his business after that. Of course when you run your own business, that part was kind of difficult to do.
 
Kai swung his feet out of the bed and padded softly to the bathroom. He stared at his reflection in the mirror after splashing it with cold water and groaned. He wished that he was still younger and puberty hadn't really hit him yet. Now he had to shave every single day, when he used to just shave it once a week.
 
After the quick shave, Kai applied after shave, ignoring the mild sting and quickly applied the gel that held his haevy hair upright. Kai grabbed a toothbrush and took care of that in an orderly fashion.
 
Then he headed back to his bedroom and stripped. Pulling on his underwear, Kai jumped around the room, almost falling over but emerging successful in the end. Then he grabbed his pants, pulled them on and the shirt.
 
Kai headed downstairs and reachedfor his coffee mug just as the pot finished brewing the coffee.
 
Kai checked his watch, poured the coffee and grabbed his briefcase and headed out the door to his day at work.
 
The usual traffic jam was waiting for him on the way and he knew that he was never going to make it to the office before his first meeting started. So he grabbed his phone and make the business call.
 
Holding his first meeting on the phone was easier then trying to leave earlier.
 
Kai made his way to the office, finally, just as he finished his meeting call. He said goodbye to all of them and walked up the stairs to the his office. As he passed his employees he told four of them to go back to work.
 
They sighed but did so and Kai smiled victoriously. Kai made his way to his desk, was reminded by his secretary of his meeting in three minutes and Kai nodded. Laying his briefcase down on his desk, Kai took out what papers he was going to need for his first meeting off the phone and then headed back out to the board room.
 
The meeting went well, Kai managed to convince his grandfather's advisors that Kai was doing everything right. They had all left with a smile on their faces knowing that they would be able to return to his grandfather with good news.
 
Kai made his wa y past his employees again, once again telling the same four employees to shut up and go back to the work. Kai went back to the desk and grabbed his coat, turning around just as his two vice presidents come up to ask him if they couldg out for lunch to discuss a couple new stradegies that they have for the company.
 
Kai followed them out to the car and they all pile in Krytal's car because it's the biggest. The usual traffic problems are around and instead of waiting to do their work at the restaurant Kai, Krystal and Rei get most of it done while they are still in the car.
 
After lunch, Kai made his way back to the office, telling the four employees to stop procastinating again, reminding himself that the reason that he doesn't fire them is because somehow they are his top employees.
 
Kai does the usual paperwork for the rest of the day and then gets ready to head. Saying goodbye to his secretary, Kai heads for his car again.
 
How do you cool your lips
After a summer's kiss?
How do you rid the sweat
After a body's bliss?
 
Kai slammed his briefcase down on the ground and closed the door behind him. Damn his working day was so boring, so damn predictable! Why couldn't something interesting happen. Like the power goes out? Or the traffic jam doesn't appear so he can actually make it to his first meeting in the morning?
 
Maybe I need a vacation, Kai thought to himself and he tugged his tie off of his neck and threw it onto the couch where he would pick it up from before he actually headed to bed tonight. Kai threw the coat on the counter, where he would grab it on the way out the door tomorrow.
 
A vacation might be good, give him some time to think about what he was doing. Give him some time to get out of the horrible routine that he had worked himself into.
 
Kai decided along time ago that his life was way too easy. In fact, Kai was almost positive that a monkey could run his life. There wasn't exactly anything hard to do. And it was the same thing day in and day out.
 
Kai pressed the button the answering machine and listened to the tweleve messages that had come from his office in the past hour, which is how long it takes him to get to and from work each day, about what things he needs to work on for his meetings the next morning. Kai could never figure out why they didn't just tell him this kind of stuff before he left the office each day.
 
Kai headed up to the bathroom to take a shower. The water was so soothing on his skin and Kai almost felt relaxed. The only place that he ever did.
 
Krystal joked that prehaps all he needed was a girlfriend, someone to come home to and throw his life out of its regular routine. Kai had laughed with her at the thought but it had gotten him thinking about it. Then again, he had to have the time to date girls in order to get a girlfriend and time was one thing that he had little to none of. So that was out of the question, unless he dated someone from work.
 
Kai laughed at the notion every time he thought of it. Who at work would he ever want to go out with? All the girls there were either nerds or hated him because of the way he treated them all the time as their boss. Besides, wasn't it against the rules somewhere about going out with someone that you worked with. Something about how when you broke up things could get weird?
 
Kai shrugged, he didn't pay enough attention to the dating life to know how that worked.
 
Kai finished his shower and grabbed a pair of shorts to pull on and then made his way downstairs to work on whatever it was that he had to have completed by the next day. He was going to have to listen to his messages once more in order to figure that out.
 
Kai went to the living room to grab his labtop when he heard something outside the door. Kai grabbed the gun that he had in his kitchen drawer for protection and slowly made his way to the sliding glass door.
 
{A/N: So what'cha think? Was it good? Bad? Come on people, I need opions. So R&R please...constructive critcism is welcomed but flames will be laughed at}