Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ Bleach Drabbles ❯ Silence ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Pairing: Ichigo/Hichigo
Prompt: Silence
For: j7nx
Ichigo awoke slowly, his eyes slowly cracking open as his back groaned in protest as his body shifted. He felt strangely chilled though he couldn't figure out why that would be. He had fallen asleep safe at home lying on his bed, moonlight falling through the window where he hadn't closed the curtains fully. As he shifted, hand coming up to scrub at tired eyes he could hear the soft plopping of water falling.
When tea coloured orbs opened fully, he sat up slowly, staring out not at the familiar walls of his room, but at his own inner world and yet it wasn't the same as usual. Yes the familiar sideways buildings were present, but as he looked up the sky was dark and the moisture he could feel steadily dripping onto his skin from the sky, was rain.
He had never been here when it was raining, though he knew it did from the familiar protests of his inner hollow and Zangetsu himself. But as he looked around he thought that he may understand their complaints, his inner world was dark, almost forbidding, under the weight of the rain. There was no sound but for the constant plip of moisture as it landed on the glass of the buildings, he remembered from their accounts that it rained often here so he could understand that the sound could become irritating over time.
He cast about, searching for either the old man or his hollow self. They were the only reason he would be pulled in here, it was obvious someone had something they wanted to discuss or as on most occasions - fight about. He caught sight of a figure in the rain, it was coming down more steadily now, blurring his sight. So he picked himself up, resettling his zanpaktou more comfortably across his back before walking towards the figure, each footstep muffled by the slosh of water underfoot.
He was surprised when the figure didn't move as he paced steadily forward, when he could actually make out the form he was confused. It was a rare thing for his hollow not to attack him as soon as he arrived in this world. At that moment he stood, staring out across the buildings seemingly lost in thought. He was open, his back facing Ichigo and showing no signs of acknowledging his presence. So the young shinigami moved closer, hand stretching up to grasp the handle of Zangetsu as he warily called out to the strangely silent man, “Oi! What did you call me here for?”
He watched, eyes widening at the sombre look he was given by his hollow. He couldn't help shifting forward, a frown wrinkling his brow as he warily came closer to the quiet figure. When he was a metre or so away, he watched amber eyes spark in recognition and then he was flying, a fist having sunk into his gut and sent him winging backwards. He stumbled and fell at the force of the impact and looking up he saw the negative image of himself running forward.
Ichigo had to look twice before he could figure out exactly what was missing from that image - his hollow wasn't wielding Zangetsu.
He rose to his feet, hand going for his hilt and hovering over it for a moment before moving back again, curling into a fist as he stood and took his fighting stance. He pushed forward and fists flew, hitting and colliding with solid blows on both sides, but his hollow never spoke, never smiled at the glory of violence like he always did. Ichigo found the lack of banter, of that familiar expression concerning.
He watched the other as they danced together trading blows until they both stood back dripping with sweat as the rain fell around them. He knew he shouldn't let his guard down, but he stood up, straightening and lowering his hands to his sides as he spoke to the silent man, “What is wrong with you? No jibes. No King this and King that?” He frowned, tilting his head at the other.
When the hollow blurred and vanished from in front of him and he felt the sudden pressure of arms wrapping around him he froze, unsure what the hell was going on. He felt hot breath ghost over the skin of his neck and tried to repress the shudder that it sent down his spine, the first touch he'd had since.... he shut that thought away not wanting to face it. He turned his head at the breathy sounding chuckle that it caused in his hollow, feeling his others chest vibrate with the sound.
Ichigo felt some semblances of relief wash through him as his hollow spoke in that familiar watery voice, “Hmmm so King doesn't like silence huh. Well there's something we don't like - the rain. It's been raining here for months and it's time it stopped.”
Ichigo felt a hard nip at his neck as those arms tightened around him, he could feel a weight on his chest that wasn't anything to do with the creature holding him. He couldn't help but lean back into the hollow's embrace as he nipped at the skin of his throat, his voice breathy when he spoke, “What...are you talking about.”
“Stupid King - I will only do this once you hear me? Now do us all a favour - let it go.”
Those three words triggered something inside him and he felt his body going weak and he was gently brought to his knees. What surprised him more was that his hollow didn't release him, but carefully turned him so he was half pressed into his chest, his face tilted down as he felt strong arms curling around him once more. The familiar feel of strong arms around him stirred memories he wasn't sure he could face.
He watched as small dark patches appeared on the fabric of his kimono, he felt heat sliding down his face and a white hand grasped his chin and lifted his face turning it away from the ground to look up. What he saw in those normally angry amber eyes was missing; instead it was filled with quiet determination. He watched as pale lips moved as the hollow spoke, “You're killing yourself King - we know you are... unhappy that you lost him but this must stop. We will not be snuffed out because of you.”
The hollow turned and looked out at the world they were currently sat in, “If I must be stuck here until I gain my chance King then you will suffer me.” Ichigo raised a hand to his face, wiping away the heated tears as he too looked out were his hollow's gaze had drifted seeing the clouds finally clearing.
He smirked at the sight before pushing away from the creature that had held him, “I won't let you win.”
His hollow turned back to him then, a familiar shit-eating grin splitting his lips, “I expected nothing less my King.”